HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 - U.S. Roster Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-09-2012, 12:58 PM
  #301
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 4,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Eligible, but unlikely to get any consideration.
Frankly I'd be sort of surprised if they even make their NHL debut by then!

Xokkeu is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 01:30 PM
  #302
NH57
Habs 4 Life
 
NH57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,558
vCash: 500
Why do only few people have Max Pacioretty? he will make the team on top 6 role for sure. by 2014, he will be a 35-40 + goal scorer.

NH57 is offline  
Old
07-14-2012, 01:44 AM
  #303
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
Why do only few people have Max Pacioretty? he will make the team on top 6 role for sure. by 2014, he will be a 35-40 + goal scorer.
....some people are just idiotic...I dunno...

Patches is a complete lock for the 2014 USA team...

AmericanDream is offline  
Old
07-15-2012, 07:38 AM
  #304
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 4,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
Why do only few people have Max Pacioretty? he will make the team on top 6 role for sure. by 2014, he will be a 35-40 + goal scorer.

Definitely if he keeps up his progression he's a top six forward. No question about it.

The guy I can't figure out is Pominville.

Xokkeu is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 05:41 AM
  #305
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,470
vCash: 591
Forwards

Kane - Kesler - Kessel

Ryan- Stasny - Pacioretty (Scary line)

Parise - Pavelski - Oshie

Brown - Backes - Callahan

*In order imo: Wheeler, Pominville, JVR, Dubinsky, E.Cole, Galchenyuk

Defense

Suter - Byfuglien
J. Johnson- E. Johnson
Yandle- McDonagh


*No order: Carlson, Shattenkirk, Goligoski, Carle, Bogosian, Fowler, Gardiner

Goalies:

Quick
Howard
Miller/Schneider

JayKing is online now  
Old
07-31-2012, 05:29 PM
  #306
PaulieVegas
Registered User
 
PaulieVegas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
Forwards

Kane - Kesler - Kessel

Ryan- Stasny - Pacioretty (Scary line)

Parise - Pavelski - Oshie

Brown - Backes - Callahan

*In order imo: Wheeler, Pominville, JVR, Dubinsky, E.Cole, Galchenyuk


Defense

Suter - Byfuglien
J. Johnson- E. Johnson
Yandle- McDonagh

*No order: Carlson, Shattenkirk, Goligoski, Carle, Bogosian, Fowler, Gardiner


Goalies:

Quick
Howard
Miller/Schneider
Forwards: We get 13 forwards, yes? I am not convinced Stastny will make this team, and if he doesn't, then we haven't done a very good job developing our young forwards. Cole will probably looked at as too old and Pominville looked at as an outsider because he's Canadian. I would love to see JVR develop into a player that makes our squad. Fingers crossed. I'd hate to go up against a line of Brown-Callahan-Backes. You'll get physically manhandled and then get your shot blocked.

Defense: We get a seventh defenseman too. Right now I'd take Carlson, Fowler, or Shattenkirk over Erik Johsnon. Man will our defense look good in 2014, and especially in 2018! And you didn't even mention Justin Faulk!

Glaotending: Miller is a no-brainer, on his best day he is still the world's best goalie and was the MVP of the last tournament. Any issues he's had lately have probably been the result of burnout from being overworked and being on a perpetually losing team, or the lingering effects of that concussion. It should be Howard that shares the backslash with Schnieder, assuming Thomas doesn't get picked over both of them.

PaulieVegas is offline  
Old
07-31-2012, 05:41 PM
  #307
PaulieVegas
Registered User
 
PaulieVegas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 674
vCash: 500
I don't understand why everyone is still swinging from Erik Johnson's nuts. He's an average NHL defensemen and doesn't seem to be getting any better. I'm not even sure he's in our top 7 right now let alone in two years with guys like Carlson, Faulk, Fowler, and Shattenkirk developing so rapidly.

Just because a guy was a former #1 overall pick does not mean he should be an automatic inclusion. You don't see Canada considering bringing Alexandre Daigle to Sochi, do you?

PaulieVegas is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 12:43 AM
  #308
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieVegas View Post
Forwards: We get 13 forwards, yes? I am not convinced Stastny will make this team, and if he doesn't, then we haven't done a very good job developing our young forwards. Cole will probably looked at as too old and Pominville looked at as an outsider because he's Canadian. I would love to see JVR develop into a player that makes our squad. Fingers crossed. I'd hate to go up against a line of Brown-Callahan-Backes. You'll get physically manhandled and then get your shot blocked.

Defense: We get a seventh defenseman too. Right now I'd take Carlson, Fowler, or Shattenkirk over Erik Johsnon. Man will our defense look good in 2014, and especially in 2018! And you didn't even mention Justin Faulk!

Glaotending: Miller is a no-brainer, on his best day he is still the world's best goalie and was the MVP of the last tournament. Any issues he's had lately have probably been the result of burnout from being overworked and being on a perpetually losing team, or the lingering effects of that concussion. It should be Howard that shares the backslash with Schnieder, assuming Thomas doesn't get picked over both of them.
Pominville is an American in the IIHF's eyes and can only represent Team USA.

__________________
"I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough." - Mark Twain.
William H Bonney is offline  
Old
08-01-2012, 04:12 PM
  #309
BonMorrison
Soco Amaretto Lime
 
BonMorrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,913
vCash: 500
Zach Parise (A) - Ryan Kesler - Patrick Kane
Bobby Ryan - Paul Stastny - Phil Kessel
Max Pacioretty - David Backes - Ryan Callahan (C)
Dustin Brown (A) - Joe Pavelski - T.J. Oshie
x: James Van Riemsdyk

Ryan Suter - John Carlson
Keith Yandle - Cam Fowler
Jack Johnson - Ryan McDonagh
x: Erik Johnson

Jonathan Quick
Ryan Miller
Corey Schneider

Just from looking at this team, Team USA will have the scariest bottom six out of any other team competing.


Last edited by BonMorrison: 08-01-2012 at 04:18 PM.
BonMorrison is offline  
Old
08-03-2012, 02:48 PM
  #310
Takashi
Registered User
 
Takashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
....some people are just idiotic...I dunno...

Patches is a complete lock for the 2014 USA team...
Exactly ! He also dominated this year world championship

Takashi is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 02:23 PM
  #311
MyersMagic57*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,420
vCash: 500
Pommer can make USA. But what country is Tyler Myers elligible to play in? Born in Texas raised in Calgary. He has dual citizenship

MyersMagic57* is offline  
Old
08-04-2012, 02:24 PM
  #312
croAVSfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Country: Croatia
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyersMagic57 View Post
Pommer can make USA. But what country is Tyler Myers elligible to play in? Born in Texas raised in Calgary. He has dual citizenship
Canada...he played for them at WC 2010. in Germany.

croAVSfan* is offline  
Old
08-06-2012, 02:23 PM
  #313
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 19,256
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
Zach Parise (A) - Ryan Kesler - Patrick Kane
Bobby Ryan - Paul Stastny - Phil Kessel
Max Pacioretty - David Backes - Ryan Callahan (C)
Dustin Brown (A) - Joe Pavelski - T.J. Oshie
x: James Van Riemsdyk

Ryan Suter - John Carlson
Keith Yandle - Cam Fowler
Jack Johnson - Ryan McDonagh
x: Erik Johnson

Jonathan Quick
Ryan Miller
Corey Schneider

Just from looking at this team, Team USA will have the scariest bottom six out of any other team competing.
That pairing would need some serious sheltering. Or Fowler needs to improve he's D a lot

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
08-06-2012, 03:49 PM
  #314
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,577
vCash: 500



Bobby Ryan - Joe Pavelski - Patrick Kane
Zach Parise - Ryan Kesler - Jason Pominville
Max Pacioretty - Derek Stepan - Phil Kessel
Dustin Brown - David Backes - Ryan Callahan
TJ Oshie

Ryan Suter - John Carlson
Keith Yandle - Erik Johnson
Ryan McDonagh - Jack Johnson
Zach Bogosian

Jonathan Quick
Corey Schneider
Ryan Miller

MAK19 is online now  
Old
08-07-2012, 05:10 AM
  #315
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Parise-Kane-Kessel
Ryan-Kesler-Pominville
Oshie-Backes-Brown
Dubinsky-Pavelski-Callahan

Suter-Yandle
McDonagh-Byfuglien
Orpik-Bogosian

Quick
Miller
Howard

spfan is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 05:16 AM
  #316
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
That pairing would need some serious sheltering. Or Fowler needs to improve he's D a lot
If it wasn't a problem when he was paired up with JJ, then it shouldn't be a problem with Yandle. He still needs work to make the Olympic team, but he didn't have any struggles on defense with the WC team. People need to stop judging his defense from looking at his +/-. He made dramatic improvements on defense this year over last.

Exit Dose is online now  
Old
08-10-2012, 06:06 PM
  #317
Vander Teemuchuk
Registered User
 
Vander Teemuchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: John Labatt Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Your F looks great. Just a few notes from Jets fan perspective:

Buff: I could totally seeing you guys doing a Mike Green 2010 Team Canada on him. If you do want a big blast for the PP, take him for sure. He could excel at times, but he would be a wild card that is too unpredictable considering the amazing depth USA has now. Since there are extra slots you may want to roster him in case you get a rash of injuries at either F or D.

Bogo: I absolutely realize you have depth at D. But he won't disappoint you and he is an every situation type of guy.

Wheeler: He was our best forward by a mile last year. Carried the team on his back after first 20 games. He had no goals until then. He wouldn't make your squad right now, but keep a close eye. I think the Pomineville choice is wise as of this moment though.

Of course, I hope none of them make your team, they stay home to rest up for a playoff run, and I can cheer against you with no reservations.

Vander Teemuchuk is offline  
Old
08-11-2012, 01:32 AM
  #318
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Teemuchuk View Post
Your F looks great. Just a few notes from Jets fan perspective:

Buff: I could totally seeing you guys doing a Mike Green 2010 Team Canada on him. If you do want a big blast for the PP, take him for sure. He could excel at times, but he would be a wild card that is too unpredictable considering the amazing depth USA has now. Since there are extra slots you may want to roster him in case you get a rash of injuries at either F or D.

Bogo: I absolutely realize you have depth at D. But he won't disappoint you and he is an every situation type of guy.

Wheeler: He was our best forward by a mile last year. Carried the team on his back after first 20 games. He had no goals until then. He wouldn't make your squad right now, but keep a close eye. I think the Pomineville choice is wise as of this moment though.

Of course, I hope none of them make your team, they stay home to rest up for a playoff run, and I can cheer against you with no reservations.
cant see Pominville making this team over guys like JVR, Wheeler, and Pacioretty which I am seeing a lot of.

I personally dont think that Pominville has a snow ball's chance in hell to make this squad, but thats just me ofcourse.

Wheeler and JVR are the most intriguing players, as both play with size and speed. And though they are bigger kids, they arent heavy weights nor going to bowl players over most games..but what they will do is help us balance out our group of smaller forwards (Kane, Parise, Pavelski, etc) with wingers with size and skill and some grit..

With JVR going to the Leafs, he will have his chance to shine, as this could be this kid's big coming out party and a spot on this 2014 team.

Wheeler like you said carried the Jets the tail end of last year, he needs to be more consistent, but if he does anything like he did this season, he should make this team in 2014.

Pacioretty is going to be a stud for the US. He is an all around power forward with speed and skill....the kind of player that Badger Bob would drool over. This kid is being criminally left off of some posters rosters, and for the life of me I simply cant see how or why.

xtreme wild card: Chris Kreider. Yep! I went there. If this kid lives up to the hype, and plays anywhere near the level he played in the playoffs, your looking at another 6'3 225lb power winger with speed to kill and hands of gold...this is the blue chip kind of player we have been waiting for as (JVR, Wilson, Schroeder) havent reached that level yet..

AmericanDream is offline  
Old
08-11-2012, 01:34 AM
  #319
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,590
vCash: 500
my team as of August


Goaltending

Ryan Miller
Jon Quick
Cory Schneider ---now the Nucks #1 netminder


Defense

Jack Johnson --C
Ryan Suter --
Keith Yandle
Ryan McDonagh
John Carlson
Erik Johnson --I believe this is his year
Brooks Orpik

Forwards

Zach Parise --A
Bobby Ryan
David Backes
Paul Stastny
James VanRiemsdyk ---expecting big things
Patrick Kane
Ryan Callahan --A
Max Pacioretty
Phil Kessel
Ryan Kesler
Blake Wheeler
Joe Pavelski
Dustin Brown --A

Taxi Squad

Dustin Byfuglien
Justin Faulk
Chris Kreider
T.J Oshie

Lines

Parise - Kesler - Kessel
Ryan - Stastny - Kane
Pacioretty - Pavelski - VanRiemsdyk
Brown - Backes - Callahan
Wheeler

Suter - Yandle
J. Johnson - McDonagh
E. Johnson - Orpik
Carlson

Miller
Quick
Schneider


Last edited by AmericanDream: 08-12-2012 at 01:59 AM.
AmericanDream is offline  
Old
08-11-2012, 03:30 PM
  #320
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!
 
OttawaRoughRiderFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,714
vCash: 500
^^^^

Good line up. Not bad at all.

OttawaRoughRiderFan is online now  
Old
08-11-2012, 04:27 PM
  #321
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,470
vCash: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
my team as of August


Goaltending

Ryan Miller
Jon Quick
Cory Scheider ---now the Nucks #1 netminder


Defense

Jack Johnson --C
Ryan Suter --
Keith Yandle
Ryan McDonagh
John Carlson
Erik Johnson --I believe this is his year
Brooks Orpik

Forwards

Zach Parise --A
Bobby Ryan
David Backes
Paul Stastny
James VanRiemsdyk ---expecting big things
Patrick Kane
Ryan Callahan --A
Max Pacioretty
Phil Kessel
Ryan Kesler
Blake Wheeler
Joe Pavelski
Dustin Brown --A

Taxi Squad

Dustin Byfuglien
Justin Faulk
Chris Kreider
T.J Oshie

Lines

Parise - Kesler - Kessel
Ryan - Stastny - Kane
Pacioretty - Pavelski - VanRiemsdyk
Brown - Backes - Callahan
Wheeler

Suter - Yandle
J. Johnson - McDonagh
E. Johnson - Orpik
Carlson

Miller
Quick
Schneider
I'd switch Paciorretty and Parise, but that my opinion cause Paciorretty is a very offensive minded player while Parise is decent both ways.

JayKing is online now  
Old
08-11-2012, 04:46 PM
  #322
Takashi
Registered User
 
Takashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
my team as of August



Lines

Parise - Kesler - Kessel
Ryan - Stastny - Kane
Pacioretty - Pavelski - VanRiemsdyk
Brown - Backes - Callahan
Wheeler

Suter - Yandle
J. Johnson - McDonagh
E. Johnson - Orpik
Carlson

Miller
Quick
Schneider
Decent lineup but I will put Pacioretty with Bobby ryan and Stastny, since they really dominated together in this year world championship.

Takashi is offline  
Old
08-11-2012, 10:12 PM
  #323
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,597
vCash: 500
I think the two players I'm most excited about right now are McDonagh and Pacioretty. They're both stars already but I don't think they've even started to realize their potential. Big fan of both their games.

William H Bonney is offline  
Old
08-12-2012, 01:57 AM
  #324
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post
Decent lineup but I will put Pacioretty with Bobby ryan and Stastny, since they really dominated together in this year world championship.
I honestly just threw the lines together in haste, but I do like the 3 of them returning as linemates in Sochi

AmericanDream is offline  
Old
08-12-2012, 06:12 PM
  #325
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!
 
OttawaRoughRiderFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,714
vCash: 500
I am not sure about Yandle on the big ice. To me, he is the U.S.'s version of (Canada's) Mike Green.

OttawaRoughRiderFan is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.