HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Omark to Barons - All Omark Discussion Here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-14-2011, 07:12 PM
  #776
oiler4ever
Registered User
 
oiler4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Oklahoma City
Country: India
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
IMO please send PRV and Lander here and have the trio play together for 5 games and develop some chemistry

oiler4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:36 PM
  #777
Jeff Lebowski
Registered User
 
Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burtch66 View Post
I agree. Let's be honest here, That 3rd line has been a Black Hole of Offensive production. Line combos? PRV-Belanger-Omark, PRV-Belanger-Gagner, Gagner-Belanger-Jones. common denominator? Belanger. It's time to flip flop Belanger & Lander. Move Gagner (he just doesn't fit anymore). Give Omark one last chance. If he fails move him too. At this point I'm sick of the drama, and just want this resolved. I don't even care about value anymore. something is better than nothing.
The only drama is the drama created on this board. Omark's attitude has been fine. He'll be back as soon as we make room (trade) on the roster.

Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:01 PM
  #778
Nunymare
Rinse, repeat
 
Nunymare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Nunymare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
The only drama is the drama created on this board. Omark's attitude has been fine. He'll be back as soon as we make room (trade) on the roster.
I swear, Omark is probably our most controversial player on these boards as of late...

Nunymare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:44 PM
  #779
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
with every lose the pressure will mount

OMARK is not the announcer

but I have already made my view on Omark clear--so I am not going to rant
Who said that he was? I've heard of him being listed as a winger, but not once have I heard of him announcing games. Mind = blown.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 04:01 AM
  #780
LaGu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Taino
Posts: 1,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
There, I fixed that for you so that it's something more realistic, useful, and therefore agreeable.

Sheltered and small minutes in the NHL is exactly what these three need less of this year. That's not development, that's giving up on them and saying "welp, this is as good as they'll ever get". For MPS and Lander, 3rd/4th line defensive focussed players may well be as good as they ever get, but it's way too early to settle for that. With Omark, if this is as good as he ever gets, you might as well send him off to another team for whatever you can get while there's still some teams who may believe there's a player there.
I agree with your generall assessment, which in my opinion is "it's too early to settler for that" (i.e. PRV/Lander 3rd/4th liners), but I don't think that they are being sheltered on their respective lines (at least not Lander). Small minutes ok, but I don't think this is necessarily bad. There are several examples of players (and I am talking about players of non-NA origin) who have worked hard on the 3rd/4th line for a couple of years and then managed to break through. And even though I realize that there are similar examples of players going via the AHL and playing big minutes I actually think that if (and only if) said player is good enough to take a spot on 3rd/4th line in the NHL he will benefit more from that than from big minutes in the AHL. AHL will not help you as much as playing against NHL opposition in my view.

To my point there is no way that anyone in the organization is thinking that PRV (after 1+ season) and Lander (after 16 games) that they are giving up on them by giving them small minutes on 3rd/4th line. Fact is that if this were to be true I think that they'll not be around for long. Players from Sweden, with very few exceptions, end up going back to play in the SEL if they can't make 1st or 2nd line. Oh, and just for the record, I don't think this has anything to do with not caring for the team or any of that crap. It's just a fact that NA origin players are generally better playing in these roles which means that Swede will never be safe playing 3rd/4th line, i.e. you go back to where you get to play alot, have a secure spot and, of course, play at home.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:15 PM
  #781
LaGu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Taino
Posts: 1,615
vCash: 500
Seems that the Oilers believe that Omark will stay the season. Just saw a Swedish paper quoting a (unnamed) member of the Oilers organization saying that Omark has expressed the will to fight his way back into the NHL. But if he doesn't manage by the end of this season he will probably return to Europe.

Sounds good to me. I would even be ok with him leaving if he cannot make it back before the all-star break but of course I personally would like it more if he stayed until the AHL playoffs are over since OKC might do good this year.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 05:34 AM
  #782
Thorulf
Registered User
 
Thorulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Uppsala
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Omark will probably stay and fight for a spot to christmas or last of january (as the deadline for trades to SEL closes).

No doubt about it, his primary goal is to take a spot in Edmonton, but if he don't he will go overseas again. He knows that if he leaves his future in Edmonton is done (it is almost already so obviously) and the risk for getting labeled as a "quitter" in the NHL.

However is former club in SEL, LuleŚ, is an strong contender for winning, but lacks a bit offensive. Teaming up with his former partner Johan Harju might solve that.

The ones here on the boards complaining about this attitude (via media) are clueless. Time and time again he have said that Edmonton is his prio.

Mark my words - if he's not getting icetime in the Oilers by the end of january is is gone. Maybe to the best of both parts.


Last edited by Thorulf: 11-16-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Thorulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:22 AM
  #783
Pennertration
Registered User
 
Pennertration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorulf View Post
Omark will probably stay and fight for a spot to christmas or last of january (as the deadline for trades to SEL closes).

No doubt about it, his primary goal is to take a spot in Edmonton, but if he don't he will go overseas again. He knows that if he leaves his future in Edmonton is done (it is almost already so obviously) and the risk for getting labeled as a "quitter" in the NHL.

However is former club in SEL, LuleŚ, is an strong contender for winning, but lacks a bit offensive. Teaming up with his former partner Johan Harju might solve that.

The ones here on the boards complaining about this attitude (via media) are clueless. Time and time again he have said that Edmonton is his prio.

Mark my words - if he's not getting icetime in the Oilers by the end of january is is gone. Maybe to the best of both parts.
This doesn't mean a thing. It's easy to say the Oilers are his top priority, but if he only wants to be there on HIS terms, then that's not really a team guy, is it?

Everybody in the Oilers minor league system wants to be on the big team, and when they get there, they want to log big minutes. Doesn't mean it can happen for everyone. Some players can accept this better than others.

Pennertration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:36 AM
  #784
Halibut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennertration View Post
This doesn't mean a thing. It's easy to say the Oilers are his top priority, but if he only wants to be there on HIS terms, then that's not really a team guy, is it?

Everybody in the Oilers minor league system wants to be on the big team, and when they get there, they want to log big minutes. Doesn't mean it can happen for everyone. Some players can accept this better than others.
That's a load of Bull.

He's done everything right and gone to the minors, done what the team wants. He's proven he's a world class talent (in Sweden and the KHL) but he may not fit the NHL game. There's no reason to dump on him if he decides to leave because he doesnt see a chance here to try and make the transition. Plenty of players do fine in other leagues that cant make it here.

There's nothing wrong with him leaving if there is no fit. He's not sulking or whining he's trying to make a go of it, but it may not work out.

Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 12:54 PM
  #785
LimpDave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
That's a load of Bull.

He's done everything right and gone to the minors, done what the team wants. He's proven he's a world class talent (in Sweden and the KHL) but he may not fit the NHL game. There's no reason to dump on him if he decides to leave because he doesnt see a chance here to try and make the transition. Plenty of players do fine in other leagues that cant make it here.

There's nothing wrong with him leaving if there is no fit. He's not sulking or whining he's trying to make a go of it, but it may not work out.
It's that whole shut up unless spoken too philosophy that most of the NHL and it's fan base adopts...still very old school, and the media still presents it this way in North America so it likely isn't changing any time soon.

Linus has made some poor decisions (choice of words) which has given him a reputation, but he hasn't done anything...at least imo to warrant people who are not within the organization stating that he's not a team guy...

bottom line is...those who talk about his attitude, or his abilities and ignore countless players and coaches compliments stating he can do things that most others can't, are just reading between the lines, and trying to evaluate something with what little information they have.

Does Linus fit in with the group? does he fit the nhl game?

This we just speculate on, and it's fun...however most of the stuff discussed in this thread is just someones opinion...

the thing you should remind yourself is...how informed is that opinion?...and is it even worth your time?

There is a reason i choose to only reply to most of the negative omark comments with Replacement...despite not agreeing with much of his philosophy towards the omark situation, he doesn't usually speak from a factual based standpoint, and states his opinion as just that...

Huh, just realized...i don't have any idea if Replacement is even a guy...

LimpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:06 PM
  #786
Tarpit*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cold North
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,357
vCash: 500
Sounds like Omark has been injured in the game against the Rockford Ice Hogs. Extent of the injury is still unknown, but it sounds like a knee injury.

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:08 PM
  #787
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,364
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpit View Post
Sounds like Omark has been injured in the game against the Rockford Ice Hogs. Extent of the injury is still unknown, but it sounds like a knee injury.
That's a SOB, he seems like he was playing well, and probably would have gotten recalled with PRV's struggles.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:11 PM
  #788
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,725
vCash: 500
This definitely throws a monkey wrench into things if he's out for awhile.

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:58 PM
  #789
Tarpit*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cold North
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,357
vCash: 500
After the Game, which OKC won 4-3, there has been no update on Omark. He had to leave the game in the 2nd, should hear how bad it is by tomorrow, it could be also nothing.

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:55 PM
  #790
RoboNerdOK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oklahoma City Metro
Country: United States
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
That's a SOB, he seems like he was playing well, and probably would have gotten recalled with PRV's struggles.
Uhhh, they're opposite wingers.

Edit: Never mind, they're both left. For some reason I was thinking Omark was right.

RoboNerdOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:58 PM
  #791
Tarpit*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cold North
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboNerdOK View Post
Uhhh, they're opposite wingers.
Both are LHWer's that can play either L or R wing, Omark has been playing the RW because the Oilers lack of depth at this position.

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:19 PM
  #792
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimpDave View Post
It's that whole shut up unless spoken too philosophy that most of the NHL and it's fan base adopts...still very old school, and the media still presents it this way in North America so it likely isn't changing any time soon.

Linus has made some poor decisions (choice of words) which has given him a reputation, but he hasn't done anything...at least imo to warrant people who are not within the organization stating that he's not a team guy...

bottom line is...those who talk about his attitude, or his abilities and ignore countless players and coaches compliments stating he can do things that most others can't, are just reading between the lines, and trying to evaluate something with what little information they have.

Does Linus fit in with the group? does he fit the nhl game?

This we just speculate on, and it's fun...however most of the stuff discussed in this thread is just someones opinion...

the thing you should remind yourself is...how informed is that opinion?...and is it even worth your time?

There is a reason i choose to only reply to most of the negative omark comments with Replacement...despite not agreeing with much of his philosophy towards the omark situation, he doesn't usually speak from a factual based standpoint, and states his opinion as just that...

Huh, just realized...i don't have any idea if Replacement is even a guy...
Read my post #721 and 727. I think my take is pretty fair.

Yeah, I'm a guy, harder to tell on the internet I guess.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:41 PM
  #793
Nacho
Special
 
Nacho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Greenland
Posts: 2,012
vCash: 500
Nylander part 2... Get benched, get sent down to ahl, get season ending injury...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:17 AM
  #794
Krigaren*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
Nylander part 2... Get benched, get sent down to ahl, get season ending injury...
Dont really see what Nylander has to do with this. Very difrent situations. I couldnt see from the clip if the icehog player tripped him or if he fell on his own as the camera isnt all that great and there was players in the way.
Also when they showed the replay the stream had this ridicilous commercial showing instead of the replay.

With that said it didnt look that bad at all, knee injuries are always bad thou but lets hope its not more than a week or two.
Will be very suprised if this is in any way season threatening.

Would also like to add that this was the first ahl game with omark i saw this season and i have to say that it does look like he doesnt belong there.
He kinda does what he wants out there offensivly, had two great passes to harti and a good play where he walked around in the icehogs zone and did what he want in the first minutes of the game.

Krigaren* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:30 AM
  #795
Pennertration
Registered User
 
Pennertration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
That's a load of Bull.

He's done everything right and gone to the minors, done what the team wants. He's proven he's a world class talent (in Sweden and the KHL) but he may not fit the NHL game. There's no reason to dump on him if he decides to leave because he doesnt see a chance here to try and make the transition. Plenty of players do fine in other leagues that cant make it here.

There's nothing wrong with him leaving if there is no fit. He's not sulking or whining he's trying to make a go of it, but it may not work out.
If he is truly a world-class talent, he'll make it in the NHL.

And my comments stand. If a player isn't playing well, he accepts minutes going to another player. If he is an up and coming player who isn't playing well, he accepts being sent to the AHL. Why is that hard to accept?

Work hard. Don't whine when things don't go your way. That's not just a hockey philosophy, it's a life philosophy.

Pennertration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 01:40 AM
  #796
Thorulf
Registered User
 
Thorulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Uppsala
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennertration View Post
If he is truly a world-class talent, he'll make it in the NHL.

And my comments stand. If a player isn't playing well, he accepts minutes going to another player. If he is an up and coming player who isn't playing well, he accepts being sent to the AHL. Why is that hard to accept?

Work hard. Don't whine when things don't go your way. That's not just a hockey philosophy, it's a life philosophy.
Sigh. Again.
Just because a lie is repeted enough times, it don't become a truth.

Please give a fresh exampel when Omark "whines".

Thorulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 08:34 PM
  #797
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorulf View Post
Sigh. Again.
Just because a lie is repeted enough times, it don't become a truth.

Please give a fresh exampel when Omark "whines".
He hadnt even been in the AHL for an hour and media reports were already coming out of Sweden that he would be using his out clause if it was a prolonged stint in the AHL.

Thats the kind of thing you say after a month in the AHL not 58 minutes

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:32 AM
  #798
Thorulf
Registered User
 
Thorulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Uppsala
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
He hadnt even been in the AHL for an hour and media reports were already coming out of Sweden that he would be using his out clause if it was a prolonged stint in the AHL.

Thats the kind of thing you say after a month in the AHL not 58 minutes
Keep talking. You are just proving my point... sigh.

Do you blame Linus for the fact that media does think he was a news value? Even when he was sent down (disapointment from his pont of view ofc) he said we was going to fokuc on OKC and try to retake the spot in NHL. The only thing he said that truth-benders/drama queens like you focused on was that AHL wasn't his long-term plan. In the opposite - do you want a player that think playing in AHL is his endgame?

To be more specific;
Post a article or clip when Omark "whines". Or leave it and start criticize for his hockey performence, which there has been reason to.

Thorulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 06:35 AM
  #799
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
He hadnt even been in the AHL for an hour and media reports were already coming out of Sweden that he would be using his out clause if it was a prolonged stint in the AHL.

Thats the kind of thing you say after a month in the AHL not 58 minutes
He is a huge deal in Sweden. The second he got sent down there were reporters from Europe all over his case. They asked him questions.
He answered truthfully.

I'll take honesty over lip service any day of the week, not that he said anything at all that was bad.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 07:47 AM
  #800
Tarpit*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cold North
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
He is a huge deal in Sweden. The second he got sent down there were reporters from Europe all over his case. They asked him questions.
He answered truthfully.

I'll take honesty over lip service any day of the week, not that he said anything at all that was bad.
Did he answer truthfully or did he answer to put pressure on the Oilers. He should of known better then to answer those questions, most any other player would of deflected the questions or not of answered at all. Also he didn't need to answer the phone.

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.