HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXVII (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Wow...Miller called Lucic a piece of **** twice in the press conf. NICE! Finally.
Miller speaks his mind in interviews.

Actually, a lot of American players do. More so than their Canadian counterparts.

Old
11-12-2011, 10:33 PM
la25ecoupe

Where's Scott Steven?

Where is the interview?

Last edited by la25ecoupe: 11-12-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old
11-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Miller speaks his mind in interviews.

Actually, a lot of American players do. More so than their Canadian counterparts.
Well if I'm one of the Bruins star players, namely a former number one draft pick, you better be looking over your should next game. It people take liberties on your best player, you return the favor. And then we will hear the Bruins fans whine like they always do.

Old
11-12-2011, 10:43 PM
la25ecoupe

Where's the interview?

Old
11-12-2011, 10:47 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Wow...Miller called Lucic a piece of **** twice in the press conf. NICE! Finally.
I'm surprised Miller said that but I can't say I disagree with him.. Lucic might be the nicest guy ever off the ice but on the ice he does some very stupid stuff at times..

Edit.. Here's what Miller said to John Vogl of the Buffalo News in his post game about Lucic.. Thanks for telling it like it is Miller..

Quote:
Ryan Miller said: "I just stuck around because I wanted to say what a piece of [feces] I think Lucic is. Fifty pounds on me, and he runs me like that? It's unbelievable. Everyone in this city see him as a big, tough, solid player. I respected him for how hard he plays. That was gutless. Gutless. Piece of [feces]."

Last edited by sheed36: 11-12-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old
11-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Where's the interview?
Getting the info from my Twitter updates from some of the hockey media.

Old
11-12-2011, 10:55 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Getting the info from my Twitter updates from some of the hockey media.
I just posted what Miller said after the game in my post above yours..

Old
11-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Protest the Hero

Finally someone in the NHL calling it like it is.

Old
11-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Bobby G

Bruin fans, much like their team are intolerable . That Lucic hit on Miller should be a suspension, you can't hit goalies like that.

Props to Miller for speaking up

Old
11-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
Bruin fans, much like their team are intolerable . That Lucic hit on Miller should be a suspension, you can't hit goalies like that.

But if you look at the discussion in the main Bruin fans think it was a good clean hit. So blind, I wish them the best of being thrown out in the first round of the playoffs. The amount of dirty **** that Lucic gets away with is just downright BS. There is an agenda out there and its to let them pull dirty **** game in and game out. People will continue to get hurt as long as Buttman lets it go. Clean the **** up and start suspending people. That isn't hockey, that is intent to injure. Just like the Chara hit.

But when Savard and Bergy get KO'd they cry like a bunch of idiots.

Old
11-12-2011, 11:08 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Lucic's reply was typical. I do agree with him that if that would have happened to a Bruins goalie, they would have dealt with it. Just like they dealt with Savard's....oh wait, if someone runs Thomas and puts him out, how exactly will they deal with it? Miss the playoffs perhaps. I think Rask plays the rest of the games against Buffalo this year.

Old
11-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Protest the Hero

I don't think it's suspension worthy, it was a "clean" hit in that it wasn't to the head or anything, and Miller had just played the puck. I doubt he gets fined either, but I'm sure Miller will.

Old
11-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
But if you look at the discussion in the main Bruin fans think it was a good clean hit. So blind, I wish them the best of being thrown out in the first round of the playoffs. The amount of dirty **** that Lucic gets away with is just downright BS. There is an agenda out there and its to let them pull dirty **** game in and game out. People will continue to get hurt as long as Buttman lets it go. Clean the **** up and start suspending people. That isn't hockey, that is intent to injure. Just like the Chara hit.

Next time Price won't let up on Thomas (or Rask as the case may be). He'll tie his legs and drag him across the center red line.

Old
Boardish

Someone should pull a Gino Odjick on Thomas.

Old
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post

It shouldn't be a suspension. It was dirty, and stupid, but the two minutes was enough.

The quote is awesome, though.

Old
11-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Lucic's reply was typical. I do agree with him that if that would have happened to a Bruins goalie, they would have dealt with it. Just like they dealt with Savard's....oh wait, if someone runs Thomas and puts him out, how exactly will they deal with it? Miss the playoffs perhaps. I think Rask plays the rest of the games against Buffalo this year.
lol Lucic. The Bruins are the definition of a club that ''doesn't deal with it.'' He's also fooling himself if he thinks his team would have let their goalie get run like that

Old
11-12-2011, 11:14 PM
sheed36

Quote:

If it was reversed and Kaleta hit Thomas like that they would be crying now..

Old
11-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

I did get a kick out of seeing Kaleta knock Lucic down with a clean body check.

Old
11-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Bobby G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
It shouldn't be a suspension. It was dirty, and stupid, but the two minutes was enough.

The quote is awesome, though.
The problem I have with this not being suspension worthy is whats stopping a team from doing this more and more.

Hot goalie in game 1 of the playoffs? **** just take his head off the first time he touches the puck and take your 2 minutes.

It's not a hockey play, it's illegal and cannot become a thing in hockey.

and wow Bruins fans still think the Ference hit on Halpern was just a collision? Wow

Old
11-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Hugo Sham

buffalo news tweets
BuffNewsVogl John Vogl
#Sabres Miller con't.: "Fifty pounds on me, and he runs me like that? It's unbelievable. ... That was gutless. Gutless. Piece of [feces]."
1 hour ago

John Vogl
BuffNewsVogl John Vogl
#Sabres Ryan Miller on collision with #Bruins Lucic: "I just stuck around because I wanted to say what a piece of [feces] I think Lucic is."

Old
11-12-2011, 11:32 PM
sheed36

Eventually all these bonehead antics will catch up to the Bruins.. You live by the sword, you die by the sword..

Old
11-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Stradale

Not dirty to the point to get a suspension but still dirty play. What a ****ing moron. He looks like a caveman, acts like a caveman.

Sucks that Miller's slash didn't touch him... At one point, he got to be on the receiving end of a reckless and dirty hit.

Old
11-12-2011, 11:44 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Well if I'm one of the Bruins star players, namely a former number one draft pick, you better be looking over your should next game. It people take liberties on your best player, you return the favor. And then we will hear the Bruins fans whine like they always do.
sound like you'd make a good Bruins fan- and if Buffalo wants to take a run at Seguin or Bergeron or whoever I'm sure the Bruins will stand idly by. the Bruins have been trying to start crap since game two and finally gave up on November 1st against Ottawa- they had been playing undisciplined and taking stupid penalties or retaliating against the Habs in those two October games- the second of which I thought the Habs skated, hit, checked and did everything better than Boston. The smartest thing they did was just play and stop acting like WWF on skates.

Old
11-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Gally11

I don't think it's a suspension it's just a dirty play, goalies aren't ever in a position to be ready to take a hit like that because they don't expect a player to charge them full speed like that with the gear they have on.. They're extremely vulnerable, the annoying thing is Bruins fans would be losing their minds if someone like Subban did that to Thomas hahah.. Guarantee there would be a new rule to make it a suspension if it becomes a trend, and just because he doesn't get suspended doesn't mean he won't get a warning

Old
11-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
sound like you'd make a good Bruins fan- and if Buffalo wants to take a run at Seguin or Bergeron or whoever I'm sure the Bruins will stand idly by. the Bruins have been trying to start crap since game two and finally gave up on November 1st against Ottawa- they had been playing undisciplined and taking stupid penalties or retaliating against the Habs in those two October games- the second of which I thought the Habs skated, hit, checked and did everything better than Boston. The smartest thing they did was just play and stop acting like WWF on skates.
Nice, sensible post.

Closed Thread