HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXVII (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2011, 12:04 AM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
I'm predicting a bad 2nd half but they could end up sneaking into the playoffs...

they are so far away out of contention ... who cares !

I'd care if they were actual contenders.

Old
11-03-2011, 12:11 AM
habtastic

Well as much as I'm not "enjoying" their success, I'd rather give them respect for winning games (that's what matters) and then, you know, hope that you're right. I work just outside TO, so trust me, I'd like to be able to make that argument, but I'll be happier when I see us above them in the standings.

Same thing was said about Thomas' stats - that he couldn't keep them up. He ended up winning the Cup, so in the end he *blech* won. The leafs played pretty good D against us, although we've vastly improved since the last game against them in many areas. The third meeting will be interesting if we're all healthy and playing like we have the past 3.

It'll be sweeter when they fall from higher, but again that's still an IF. I think they'll make the playoffs.

Old
11-03-2011, 12:12 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Even then -- their percentages are beyond the pale right now, there's essentially no chance they don't come down.
I posted a thread about this and was deleted. My belief is that the Leafs cannot and will not maintain the rate of winning as a result of shear goal scoring. They rank last in PK% and 3rd last in GA/G. They rank 20th in shots against per game and are out shot every game by an average of 4 shots. It is early in the season and the Leafs offense will dry up. It's only a matter of time. PK% and GA/G are two of the most important categories in hockey and the Leafs are virtually dead last in both. Shots against also indicates defense is suspect. It's only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Well as much as I'm not "enjoying" their success, I'd rather give them respect for winning games (that's what matters) and then, you know, hope that you're right. I work just outside TO, so trust me, I'd like to be able to make that argument, but I'll be happier when I see us above them in the standings.

Same thing was said about Thomas' stats - that he couldn't keep them up. He ended up winning the Cup, so in the end he *blech* won. The leafs played pretty good D against us, although we've vastly improved since the last game against them in many areas. The third meeting will be interesting if we're all healthy and playing like we have the past 3.

It'll be sweeter when they fall from higher, but again that's still an IF. I think they'll make the playoffs.
This isn't just about goaltending. The Thomas comparison is moot. Stats show PK% is dead last and GA/G is 3rd last. They're relying on goal scoring alone. It will dry up eventually and cannot be maintained. They're also being out shot by an average of 4 shots per game.

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 11-03-2011 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Merged
Old
11-03-2011, 12:34 AM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

G.A can be improved with Reimer in net opposed to Gustavsson. Reimer plays behind the same defence and gets better stats, so it's not a coincidence.

Old
11-03-2011, 01:39 AM
NewHabsEra*

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1020103

Hamrlik desapointing so far this season.. Do we still miss him?

Im one of those who thought Hamrlik's carreer was on the decline and that he wasnt worth re-signing..

Old
11-03-2011, 01:58 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post

Im one of those who thought Hamrlik's carreer was on the decline and that he wasnt worth re-signing..
Sure he is...

TOI/G : 21:52

had they made their homework, they'd know by now he cant keep the pace if he plays 20+, not at this stage of his career...

Old
11-03-2011, 02:07 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:

Shh I was gonna surprise all the bipolar morons

Old
11-03-2011, 03:59 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Shh I was gonna surprise all the bipolar morons
cool to know I can call you a moron whenever you disagree with me

Old
11-03-2011, 04:19 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
cool to know I can call you a moron whenever you disagree with me
Are you bipolar?

Did you cheer the Habs during their
miracle run and then complain about their lack of talent? Did you try to run Price out of town and hate on Pierre Gauthier for the Eller trade? Do you hate the memory of Bob Gainey and expect to be taken seriously by other people? Did you call for people's heads to roll during the five game losing streak but now think we're a "gritty d-man" away from a cup run?

Hfboards has a huge bipolar problem and the ones that cried for Hamrlik and kept ******** on Gill early in the season will end up eating their words by April.

Gill gets better through the season and Hamrlik plummets after January. He's started off badly as well, on the best team in the league next to a great young dman. I'm excited to see him drag the Caps down with his salary and slow, passive, lazy (lazy penalties) kind of play.

So no, you're not a moron until you prove yourself to be bipolar and ignorant.

Old
11-03-2011, 04:35 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Are you bipolar?

miracle run and then complain about their lack of talent? Did you try to run Price out of town and hate on Pierre Gauthier for the Eller trade? Do you hate the memory of Bob Gainey and expect to be taken seriously by other people? Did you call for people's heads to roll during the five game losing streak but now think we're a "gritty d-man" away from a cup run?

Hfboards has a huge bipolar problem and the ones that cried for Hamrlik and kept ******** on Gill early in the season will end up eating their words by April.

Gill gets better through the season and Hamrlik plummets after January. He's started off badly as well, on the best team in the league next to a great young dman. I'm excited to see him drag the Caps down with his salary and slow, passive, lazy (lazy penalties) kind of play.

seeing how well he is playing now, that shouldnt be too hard...

Old
11-03-2011, 04:38 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
seeing how well he is playing now, that shouldnt be too hard...
That's exactly it man, he always starts super slow and gets much better by the playoffs. Hamrlik SUCKS by April. Actually, it seems like he's pretty over the hill now

Old
11-03-2011, 07:10 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

in terms of performance come playoff time, hamrlik is the opposite of hal "sheriff skillz" gill.

as much as gill is infuriating me right now, i know he's money when it counts

Old
11-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I would have taken him back on a 1 year contract. 2 years as a 35+ there is a risk there unless you are talking about a player still playing at his prime level.

Old
11-03-2011, 08:22 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:

Aww, the old got ya post after 10 games. He is 2nd only to Mike Green in ice time for Caps dmen. Seems someone may have a higher opinion of him than the average HF poster, where have we seen this before?

Once Hammer settles in with his new club he'll be the same effective minute eating dman he is always is. He is quite easily a top 4dman on arguably the best team in the league averaging over 4minutes a night more than Gill. Who has been playing minutes on a team decimated by injuries. It still isn't close. Hamrlik is light years ahead of Gill.

Old
11-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I would have taken him back on a 1 year contract. 2 years as a 35+ there is a risk there unless you are talking about a player still playing at his prime level.
He was offered a 1 year deal and turned it down cause he was looking for 2. Really good move by the Habs to walk away from him. 1 year no problem but 2 no thanks

Old
11-03-2011, 09:33 AM
ourobouros

Omg Ovy...

Old
11-03-2011, 09:42 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Are you bipolar?

Okay fair enough but in his defense you're probably one to just agree with any move management makes then. I bet if it were the other way around right now you'd be praising the Hammer move, though I don't doubt the same people whining that we kept Gill over Hammer would be whining we kept Hammer over Gill in most cases the first minute one of them plays well but the other doesn't. It doesn't make you bipolar to disagree with a move or two even if you still cheer for the team. He isn't bipolar fyi, he's just a hater in general.

Old
11-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

I'd like to see the Habs trade for Nazem Kadri (without getting raked).

Kadri grew up as a bigtime Habs fan .

Old
11-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Protest the Hero

Lundqvist trying to out model-face everyone(and succeeding).

Old
11-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I'd like to see the Habs trade for Nazem Kadri (without getting raked).

Kadri grew up as a bigtime Habs fan .
Just saw that on the main board, a trade with Toronto would be risky. I'm sure Burke will want a lot in return for him

Old
11-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Protest the Hero

He hasn't shown he can play in the NHL yet to me, I don't think he's in the position to be demanding trades. But maybe he can be our Sergei Kostitsyn

Old
11-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Kriss E

Quote:

Green is currently injured. Hammer is averaging top minutes for them. One of the Caps fan that criticizes him says he turns the puck over often, yet he only has 4 giveaways and leads their team with takeaways. Leading the Caps for takeaways? The same team that have Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin..He is actually tied in the NHL at #1 for takeaways by a Dman.
You also have a man that went from super defensive strict Martin system to way more open and offensive Boudreau. Look at how it took Cole some time to adapt. Maybe it'll take a 37yo man a little longer.
Others seem to be disappointed by his offensive flare, which means they didn't really know much about Hammer to begin with.

If you recall correctly, most fans that wanted to retain his services were saying it would be a luxury to have such a player on the BOTTOM pairing. To which others responded they preferred having an elite PK player there.
I would have much preferred to see a Diaz/Hammer pair than our current one with Gill.
Yes I still miss Hammer because the issue was Hammer vs Gill. No matter what time of year, I will choose Hammer over Gill.

Old
11-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
He hasn't shown he can play in the NHL yet to me, I don't think he's in the position to be demanding trades. But maybe he can be our Sergei Kostitsyn
Too bad we don't have Dustin Boyd anymore...

Gainey

Old
11-03-2011, 12:42 PM
JackZap

Rinne 49M for 7 years! I hear Price is already looking for a bigger home

Old
11-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Rinne 49M for 7 years!
I am staunchly against paying any goalie that type of money.

Closed Thread