HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Filatov + 4th line = WHY?

Old
11-01-2011, 06:08 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Filatov + 4th line = WHY?

Why, why, why is Filatov being stuck on the 4th line? I get that MacLean likely doesn't want to disrupt the chemistry that is Greening - Spezza - 9MM, but Filly was brought in to see if he could be a top 6 forward. So why is he not out on the second line with Da Costa and Alfie (when he's healthy)/Butler/etc. ? He's not going to rack up numbers playing 4th line minutes with 4th line players.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

He should be in the top 6.

One of the few things I've been disappointed in this year. Either keep him in the AHL, or put him on the ice for 15:00 a game...

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 06:11 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

My guess: Filatov is a LWer, Butler is a RWer, which is why Butler got slotted at 2RW. Filatov can only slot into the 4th line because the Stache doesn't want to break up what's been working in our current top-9.

I do agree with your sentiments though, Filatov should be playing top-6 mintues. If not here, in the AHL.

11-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

He's not top 6.

Cos he suckorz?

'Stache is right guys.

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Drama

not going to question stache because whatever hes doing is working.

stache knows a lot more about the players then i do and for now i am happy with where he has been taking this team. he is treating filly just like any other player coming through the system that has to prove himself me thinks.

Drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:37 PM
source

Would you rather him drag down the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th line?

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:51 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
Would you rather him drag down the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th line?
Why do you think he would? He hasn't had much of a chance. What, like 4 games or something, then was demoted to Bingo? Give the kid a chance to succeed.

Old
11-01-2011, 07:53 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Im so sick of the Filatov whining, who gives a ****? If he's that good go out and score a goal on the 4th line then. I saw him get absolutely muscled off the puck behind the net this game and also had a ****** pass in his own zone.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:56 PM
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Why do you think he would? He hasn't had much of a chance. What, like 4 games or something, then was demoted to Bingo? Give the kid a chance to succeed.
You are so true, I remember when he came on to the team and Murray and Maclean said that filatov was going to get EVERY chance to play in the top 6 but they have yet to give him a "real" chance. Its very frustrating.

SensAreReligion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Im so sick of the Filatov whining, who gives a ****? If he's that good go out and score a goal on the 4th line then. I saw him get absolutely muscled off the puck behind the net this game and also had a ****** pass in his own zone.
This is true.

There's only 4 wing spots in the top 6, the guys that are there instead have been winning. Maybe now the time to try it.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:00 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSpezza19 View Post
You are so true, I remember when he came on to the team and Murray and Maclean said that filatov was going to get EVERY chance to play in the top 6 but they have yet to give him a "real" chance. Its very frustrating.
This.

While I can see the point of the other poster who mentioned making him work his way up and earn the spot, if you are playing with the Winchesters of the world, the only way you have a chance to produce is if your last name rhymes with GetsYa.

Old
11-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Tristqc

Cheechoo?

Tristqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:00 PM
BeerandHockey
╚(_)╝

Yeah, the Filatov love has to stop. How has he earned a spot above any of the current top 6? As long as he keeps working when he gets his ice time and makes some plays when he gets his chances, then he can move up the ranks slowly.

BeerandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Iamok
#Panic

No kidding, this Filatov stuff is becoming irritating. Why does Filatov get a pass, yet everyone craps on Butler/Foligno/anyone else. PM knows what he's doing, so how about we just go with whatever he does rather than whine about it.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Tristqc

The casual fan hopes that BM made the steal of the decade by picking up Filatov. That unlikely to be. If for some reason, it comes out to be as near as a steal, it would take some time.

There is likely a plan behind each move. Maybe Filatov's real tryout hasn't yet begun. Let's just keep our expectation as high as it would be for a 3rd rounder.

Tristqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Can you even say he's played 4 games?

I mean he's essentially played 6:00 in each of the last two games, which has been the least amount of time...

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Derivation

I thought he looked pretty fast from what I saw of him skating around tonight.

Derivation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Apaharn

Quote:
I could be totally wrong here (if I am feel free to completely ignore this post), but didn't Datsyuk or Holmstrom started their Red Wings career on the 3rd/4th line - at least that is what I heard in an interview some time ago? If I recall correctly, it had something to do with learning how to play without the puck and/or defensive responsibility.

Anyway, given that Maclean was an assistant coach of the Red Wings for a long time, could it be that he is bring Filatov along the same lines?

Just a random thought.

Apaharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:47 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
No kidding, this Filatov stuff is becoming irritating. Why does Filatov get a pass, yet everyone craps on Butler/Foligno/anyone else. PM knows what he's doing, so how about we just go with whatever he does rather than whine about it.
Because Butler sucks, Foligno is good only as a bottom six player, Condra should be 4th liner/13th forward or in the AHL. There is a surplus of marginally talented fringe NHL forwards on Ottawa who are getting a much better chance and belong in the AHL. That is irritating.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:53 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apaharn View Post
I could be totally wrong here (if I am feel free to completely ignore this post), but didn't Datsyuk or Holmstrom started their Red Wings career on the 3rd/4th line - at least that is what I heard in an interview some time ago? If I recall correctly, it had something to do with learning how to play without the puck and/or defensive responsibility.

Anyway, given that Maclean was an assistant coach of the Red Wings for a long time, could it be that he is bring Filatov along the same lines?

Just a random thought.
Datsyuk's first season was on a line with Devereaux and Brett Hull. In front of him on the depth chart: Larionov, Federov, Yzerman, Shanahan, Robitaille. He was on the 3rd line because the Wings were that stacked, not because they took his development slowly.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:24 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Bust.

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:27 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apaharn View Post

Just a random thought.
Maybe, my theory, no idea if its right, is that he's up in case we do want to shuffle lines and give him more minutes, depending on how things are going.

One funny thing I do see is people claiming Winchester is worthless on here because he provides zero offense on the 4th line, but then Filatov is put on the 4th line and could provide offense, but he should now be on the top 2 lines, so which is it?

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:36 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Maybe, my theory, no idea if its right, is that he's up in case we do want to shuffle lines and give him more minutes, depending on how things are going.

One funny thing I do see is people claiming Winchester is worthless on here because he provides zero offense on the 4th line, but then Filatov is put on the 4th line and could provide offense, but he should now be on the top 2 lines, so which is it?
What do you expect Filatov to do? He is playing with two offensively inept players. You really think Michalek or Greening would have scored tonight playing six minutes with those guys?

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:39 PM
eyeno

enough is enough

Filitov is soft ,lazy at times, physically weak, over rated.And according to some can only play hockey with certain players.Now, most other player have to work there way up the line up with hard work and a good attitude. My guess is the work ethic is not there and the attitude may suck so he stays were he is till that changes.Just my thought but I dont think he needs you guys whining for him as well.How do you spell whinning I have never done it before.

Last edited by eyeno: 11-01-2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: spelling
eyeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeno View Post
Filitov is soft ,lazy at times physically weak, over rated.And according to some can only play hockey with certain players.Now, every other player has to work there way up the line up with hard work and a good attitude. my guess is the work ethic is not there and the attitude may suck so he stays were he is till that changes.Just my thought but I dont he needs you guys whining for him as well.How do you spell whinning I have never done it before.
Considering how he took the demotion to Bingo with a great attitude and positive outlook, I would say that's crap. He's done nothing but work since coming here.

And don't give me this crap about how he needs to prove himself on the 4th line. Filatov is a goal scorer. He's not going to do that playing 6 minutes a night with Konopka and Winchester. If the Senators are putting Filatov in a position where he is set up to fail, he'll fail.

Neil Patrick Harris is offline   Reply With Quote