HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Jakub Voracek...

Old
11-02-2011, 12:25 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
All the tools, no toolbox.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 12:58 PM
duffy9748

vCash: 500
He'll get it together. He will most likely be playing with a top notch center for the next couple years(Giroux/Briere/Schenn/Couturier). I don't think he's been as bad as others are saying. He's just yet to find chemistry with anyone.

I wouldn't mind seeing a line of JVR-Giroux-Voracek after Jagr leaves.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
If you don't like him, feel free to send him back to Columbus where he is loved; however you must come to gripes that this is how is game is right now. He's been doing that sense 09/10 where he will use his speed to enter the zone, he will then proceed to go behind the net and either lose the puck or force a pass to the front of the net, it's his habit right now, he will eventually learn that he needs to go to the net instead of behind it.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:42 AM

vCash: 50
He'd do well on Giroux's line, but I probably would as well. Can we do away with four lines and just have one 12 man forward line with Giroux at centre on it?

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:45 AM
KillerCarlson

Jake was always frustrating because you knew he could be a great player. I love watching him fly down the ice but he can't finish worth ****.

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 10:24 AM
thelos
Bunk

yeah he waits too long to shoot

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:13 AM
Palinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestRussian71 View Post
Jakub Voráček is one of the most overrated players in the league. Let me know when he scores more than 16 goals in a season.
Considering that he's not a sniper in the least, nor was he drafted as one, that makes about as much sense as blasting Crosby for not being a Selke candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
All the tools, no toolbox.
I strongly disagree with this. Voracek lacks several tools, so the assertion that he has all of them is false. The idea that there's no toolbox is also false; his vision when he's looking to pass is staggering. The problem is that he hasn't yet accepted this as his permanent role going forward, so it exposes his limitations in other aspects of the offensive zone.

Traditionally, playmaking forwards take a while to get established in the NHL. And to add to it, there's always been a severe shortage of playmaking wingers; they're normally up the middle. Alex Tanguay, Ray Whitney, and to a lesser extent Mark Recchi are the only ones coming to mind in the last 25 years. Martin Erat had the potential to do so, but doesn't produce enough.

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Bobby Blowhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate25 View Post
I see alot of similiarities in Voracek's game compared to Marian Hossa in his first few years. It took Big Hoss about 3-4 years to become the world class elite winger he is today. Not saying Jake will be as great as Hossa is but I can see him following that same path.

Voracek is still only 22...but I agree that he needs to find his game soon. I expected this year, with a team change and playing with his idol, to be the year Voracek breaks out. Hasn't happened yet but still no need to be concerned.....he's going to find his stride soon.
At the same age Hossa was coming off a 75 pt season, second in team scoring. No growing pains there to speak of.

Bobby Blowhard is offline   Reply With Quote