HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jokinen out 3-4 weeks

Old
11-02-2011, 07:12 PM
PearJuice*

vCash: 500
Any updates on Jussi 's status? JR said he would undergo some tests on his leg today.

PearJuice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 05:01 AM
Wolfpuck
5/5 Compete Level

**** me

Now there's even more pressure on Captain Meh to produce. I just hope this doesn't hurt Skinner's numbers too much. He and Jokinen have great chemistry.

Wolfpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 05:32 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearJuice View Post
Any updates on Jussi 's status? JR said he would undergo some tests on his leg today.
There's a rumor floating around that he'll be out 3-4 weeks. Some guy named "Chip" was reporting it. I don't know how much I believe it though. Shouldn't this "Chip" fellow be too busy doing improv to worry about a hockey team from North Carolina?

I bet its just Tripp Tracy's stage name for when he does his off-broadway plays

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:08 AM
AD Skinner

Chip? Improv?

AD Skinner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:14 PM
wolfofthesteppes
HFBoards Sponsor

Good news from Chip.

Quote:
Good news on Jussi. Could skate on own tomorrow Maurice says. Clorse to "day to day"

Maurice says Jokinen had 2 MRIs. Got results last night. "We dodged a bullet," Maurice says.

To clarify, Maurice says Jokinen closer to being "day to day" then week to week. Very good news obviously for Canes.

11-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Mr America

Very nice to hear! Still hoping that Stewart can make a strong case for himself to stay in the top 6 and that Bowman/Boychuk show they belong here also!

Mr America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Yeah Michael Smith reported the same thing

Lazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Still not buying it. Maurice and JR need to get on the same page. After the game, Maurice says that he's day-to-day and that it's "nothing catastrophic". JR comes out shortly after and says "at least 3-4 weeks ".

In the paper today, JR says again:

Quote:
Rutherford said Jokinen would continue to be evaluated Wednesday, saying the length of time he will be sidelined might change.

"But it will not change to less time," Rutherford said.
And Maurice says it's still day-to-day? One of the two is lying out their teeth.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

maybe JR hasn't seen the MRI?

Lazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
maybe JR hasn't seen the MRI?
Based off the comments he made, he made it seem like the MRI wouldn't matter with regards to a minimum length. That Jokinen would be out 3-4 weeks no matter what, and that the MRI could only show that the injury may be worse than originally thought, and thus may be more than 3-4 weeks.

Old
11-03-2011, 12:31 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Simple answer: neither is a doctor and Juss got significantly better in the last 24 hours

Old
11-03-2011, 12:31 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Bomb View Post
And Maurice says it's still day-to-day? One of the two is lying out their teeth.
If I had to pick which one would play that kind of game, it would be Maurice. There's some value in playing lineup guessing games in the media.

That said, it's really quite possible that yesterday's MRI contained a surprising result. Or that Maurice was being his usual understated self and meant "nothing catastrophic" as in "we're getting him back soon enough", and "day-to-day" as in "we'll see how it heals and make a decision". Not lying, just speaking a different language. I agree that they need to get on the same page if that's the case.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:40 PM
caniac247

Quote:
Still not buying it. Maurice and JR need to get on the same page. After the game, Maurice says that he's day-to-day and that it's "nothing catastrophic". JR comes out shortly after and says "at least 3-4 weeks ".

In the paper today, JR says again:

As of yesterday, it was 3-4 weeks, hence JRs comment in the paper today. They got the MRI results back today and it apparently isn't as serious as they originally thought, hence 'dodging a bullet' and its now day to day.

Not sure why one has to be lying.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Mr America

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac247 View Post
I'm not either. I think the timeline of comments may be what's confusing to some.

Old
11-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Mr America

Anybody think a line of Stewart, Ruutu, Skinner has any potential? That was the line at practice today.

Old
11-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac247 View Post
As of yesterday, it was 3-4 weeks, hence JRs comment in the paper today. They got the MRI results back today and it apparently isn't as serious as they originally thought, hence 'dodging a bullet' and its now day to day.

Because as I said a couple posts earlier, JR seemed sure that the MRI results wouldn't reveal something that made it less than 3-4 weeks. As he said: "The time he will be sidelined might change, but it will not change to less time".

That kind of authoritative statement should hold some ground, yeah? Especially when there's no logical reason why a GM would want to make it seem like a player is going to be out longer than he should be, while there is a reason why a coach would want to make it seem like a player is going to return sooner than he actually is.

When the GM says one thing and the coach says something vastly different, and both are apparently unaware of what the other said (or else they'd actually get on the same page as far as the length of time), that's a little iffy, yeah?

Old
11-03-2011, 01:53 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

I get the vibe that JR is itching to make a trade and Jussi being out could bring offers

Old
11-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Anton View Post
I get the vibe that JR is itching to make a trade and Jussi being out could bring offers
That's what I was thinking as well. Jokinen being out for a long time means other teams will be more open to dealing, especially if they believe JR is desperate to fill a hole. The problem is, they won't offer nearly a fair compensation if they believe they've got JR by the short hairs.

Old
11-03-2011, 02:57 PM
caniac247

Quote:
Because as I said a couple posts earlier, JR seemed sure that the MRI results wouldn't reveal something that made it less than 3-4 weeks. As he said: "The time he will be sidelined might change, but it will not change to less time".

That kind of authoritative statement should hold some ground, yeah? Especially when there's no logical reason why a GM would want to make it seem like a player is going to be out longer than he should be, while there is a reason why a coach would want to make it seem like a player is going to return sooner than he actually is.

When the GM says one thing and the coach says something vastly different, and both are apparently unaware of what the other said (or else they'd actually get on the same page as far as the length of time), that's a little iffy, yeah?
It sounds to me that they originally thought the injury was more. You can't determine how long someone will be out until you see the results. They estimated 3-4 weeks, likely keeping fingers crossed it wasn't worse, that would sideline him longer. Even Maurice mentioned that it could have been season ending.

BUT, if those results showed nothing and he just needs to get the swelling down, which apparently that made significant progress today, I can see the time being lesser.

And I don't think JR would say longer b/c he wants a trade. That would put him in desperation mode and you never get value when a GM knows you're desperate. He's better off saying 'day to day' as not to look desperate and get more value.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote