HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Eklund Rumours Thread: Enter at your own risk v2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Wrong !

wow...that was deep!

Can you at least elaborate?

Old
11-24-2011, 09:54 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
wow...that was deep!

Can you at least elaborate?
Wow, love how you only quoted the only part that makes me look bad. Go back and read the WHOLE thread. It was for you also.

Quote:
Plekanec is miles ahead in terms of being a strong all around player(tough matchups, defensive play and PK). Carter is strictly a one way player who plays small despite being 6'3".
Do a little research before pulling things out..........
Last year he was part of Phillies six man rotation on the PK and was very solid. Geeez

Last edited by overlords: 11-24-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old
11-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Last year he was part of Phillies six man rotation on the PK and was very solid. Geeez
He was also used on the point for some PP time. He did very well there, better than Pleks but he was there as a shooting threat.

I personally would love to see him in Montreal....but I guarantee that we wouldn't like the package that would need to go the other way.

Old
11-24-2011, 11:42 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
He was also used on the point for some PP time. He did very well there, better than Pleks but he was there as a shooting threat.

I personally would love to see him in Montreal....but I guarantee that we wouldn't like the package that would need to go the other way.
I understand this point, but i wish we would take some kind of risks sometimes Eg: Boston-Toronto. We are just so stagnant is all.

Old
11-24-2011, 11:57 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
I understand this point, but i wish we would take some kind of risks sometimes Eg: Boston-Toronto. We are just so stagnant is all.
We took a pretty huge risk with Gomez, did we not?

Old
11-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Wow, love how you only quoted the only part that makes me look bad. Go back and read the WHOLE thread. It was for you also.

I watched Phillie 15-20 games last year and Carter is barely average defensively and is not a guy that necessarily competes every night unless the puck is on his stick. The fact that he is on the PK uniot doesn't make him a good defensive player or even a good PKer, the Habs use Cammalleri on PK and he is nothing special defensively, probably just a way of giving more ice time to key players and keeping them in the game. Plekanec is matched up against top lines most games and is one of the premier PK guys in the NHL with his quickness, speed, tenacity and anticipation.

Old
11-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I really like Jeff Carter but he has been hit with some big injuries in the last couple of years, especially his ankles, call me crazy and I know Columbus would most probably want Plekanec back in return as part of a package but I personally wouldn't trade Pleks, he is one of those players that we can't afford to lose

Old
11-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post

I'm not saying I wouldn't take him on our team, I think he'd be a good fit on the #2 line, but I wouldn't trade Plekanec for him...and I don't think it would benefit the team long term to pay the cost associated with trading young assets for him.

Quote:
You should get yourself a dictionary and check the definition of stagnant...if anything the Habs roster the last 3 years has been the opposite of stagnant, I think we only have like 4 players left from 3 years ago.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 11-24-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old
11-24-2011, 02:06 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Why in the world would Phoenix even take Gomez? I mean whoever proposed that initially needs to stop being so Montreal-absorbed, so to speak. Considering Phoenix' situation, they don't even have an owner and the NHL is not stupid enough to saddle whatever new owner with a horrible contract, even if Montreal gave them a first round pick to do it (e.g. Vladimir Malakhov from New Jersey to San Jose). If the Coyotes needed to eat up cap room, they'd ink Shane Doan long-term before doing that.
Exactly, and if Montreal really wanted to they could bury Gomez in Hamilton freeing up cap space.
The problem is our bonehead coach thinks Gomez actually adds something to the team and our GM doesn't have the guts to put Gomez in the minors!

Old
11-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Exactly, and if Montreal really wanted to they could bury Gomez in Hamilton freeing up cap space.
The problem is our bonehead coach thinks Gomez actually adds something to the team and our GM doesn't have the guts to put Gomez in the minors!
Our GM went after Richards pretty agressively, I heard our offer was for more $$$ than the Rangers, so he either had a deal lined up for Gomez or he was sending him to Hamilton.

Before last year(so 8 of 9 years of his career) he did add something to a team so it's not out of the realm of normal reason to think he can be taht player again, right now I think the stats and goalless steak is really pressing on him.

Old
11-24-2011, 02:21 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Our GM went after Richards pretty agressively, I heard our offer was for more $$$ than the Rangers, so he either had a deal lined up for Gomez or he was sending him to Hamilton.

Before last year(so 8 of 9 years of his career) he did add something to a team so it's not out of the realm of normal reason to think he can be taht player again, right now I think the stats and goalless steak is really pressing on him.
Gomez in un-tradeable and I do not believe we had put a serious offer for Richards...

They won't bury Gomez because it would adversely affect the bottom line... sadly.

Old
11-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Craig71

Gomez, Gomez thats what HF boards is all about.

Old
11-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Gomez in un-tradeable and I do not believe we had put a serious offer for Richards...

They won't bury Gomez because it would adversely affect the bottom line... sadly.
They flew to Toronto to his agent's office to make him an offer, I douby they would have bothered(7-10 teams did this) if they didn't have a serious offer. I recall hearing they offered more per year than the NYR offer but he chose to sign there(something like 6 years at 8 mil per).

If you're going to send him to the AHL, you need another player coming in using taht space not just to have it open.

Old
11-24-2011, 03:38 PM
SeriousHabs

Gomez is going to Hamilton next season. I can't see any other scenario. Molson is swallowing the pill at the moment, but he seems like a man with pride, and he won't tolerate such a garbage team. PG will have to green light to unload Gomez and spend the money on useful players, may it be one ''elite'' player of 2-3 depth players. On that note, Subban is really making a case for a cheap contract, which will help PG. At this rate, Subban isn't worth more than $3.5M.

Gomez won't be traded. Stop discussing it. Phoenix doesn't need Gomez to reach the floor. They can very well use the Florida tactic of overpaying a bunch a players *slightly*. The Cats look good at the moment. They would not look good with Gomez playing isntead of Versteeg ++

Old
11-24-2011, 03:56 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Gomez is going to Hamilton next season. I can't see any other scenario. Molson is swallowing the pill at the moment, but he seems like a man with pride, and he won't tolerate such a garbage team. PG will have to green light to unload Gomez and spend the money on useful players, may it be one ''elite'' player of 2-3 depth players. On that note, Subban is really making a case for a cheap contract, which will help PG. At this rate, Subban isn't worth more than $3.5M.

Gomez won't be traded. Stop discussing it. Phoenix doesn't need Gomez to reach the floor. They can very well use the Florida tactic of overpaying a bunch a players *slightly*. The Cats look good at the moment. They would not look good with Gomez playing isntead of Versteeg ++
Only way Gomez is getting traded is for another bad contract, Montreal is further ahead burying him in the AHL than taking another headache on or buying him out.

Molson's have the money, they need to allow PG to bury Gainey's mistake.

If the Oilers can do it with Souray, the Rangers with Redden, then the Habs can too.

Old
11-24-2011, 11:54 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Reading Eklund's site and nothing ever happens I realise that these days in the NHL it's really a dead zone as far as trades. I mean there's never any trades! I think the salary cap has become so complex that teams can hardly move any player without suffering consequences. It has become ridiculous. When your teams is not working you should be able to make trades.

Old
11-25-2011, 12:18 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Reading Eklund's site and nothing ever happens I realise that these days in the NHL it's really a dead zone as far as trades. I mean there's never any trades! I think the salary cap has become so complex that teams can hardly move any player without suffering consequences. It has become ridiculous. When your teams is not working you should be able to make trades.
Agreed, there isnt minor trades involving 3rd and 4th liners anymore. Even those...

Old
12-02-2011, 01:28 PM
the goalie man 31

Brassard and McCabe to Montreal?

Take it as you will because its Eklund and we all know how that is. This is just for fun to discuss. I couldn't find the Eklund thread so bump this to it if you can.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-Today/1/40162

"One player available is Brassard and the latest team to get involved in those talks is the Montreal...I for one see this as perhaps the best fit for Brassard."

"Bryan McCabe to Montreal makes a lot of sense according to one "well placed" Montreal source."

Old
12-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Amputechture

Do not like!

Old
12-02-2011, 01:30 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by the goalie man 31 View Post
Take it as you will because its Eklund and we all know how that is. This is just for fun to discuss. I couldn't find the Eklund thread so bump this to it if you can.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-Today/1/40162

"One player available is Brassard and the latest team to get involved in those talks is the Montreal...I for one see this as perhaps the best fit for Brassard."

"Bryan McCabe to Montreal makes a lot of sense according to one "well placed" Montreal source."
I love how he tries to pass off the McCabe part as a rumor when all it really is... some dude in Montreal saying he'd be a good fit. I know he's implying the "well placed" source means somebody in the org deeply routed... no chance in hell that's actually the truth though. If there's one organization I know Eklund would have an extremely tough time getting a realistic contact from... it's definitely our team.

Old
12-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRnPE1u4ruM

Old
12-02-2011, 01:42 PM
TheBuriedHab

Mcabe makes so much sense with Markov,Spacek and Campoli all coming back.

Old
12-02-2011, 01:45 PM
smon

Laughable. Brassard? Possibly not as laughable but it's tough to see the fit - he'd play Desharnais' role. Unless they want to get him and waive Gomez (wouldn't get that some of us real excited).

Old
12-02-2011, 02:33 PM
WestIslander

Brassard I would love in Montreal, but at what price?

Not for PRICE ;-)

Old
12-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Mcabe makes so much sense with Markov,Spacek and Campoli all coming back.
As much as Ive been an optimist to this point regarding Markov I am starting to have my doubts about him making a full recovery. Not saying Mcabe is part of the solution either.

Closed Thread