HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
The real good news in this.

Some might say the stat is skewed because the Knights are such a great team, and that is part of it, but Tinordi is also a +10 better than any other Dman on the team, so we can't just say its because he's on the first place club.
It certainly helps though...ask his new teammate McKegg.

Old
01-28-2012, 11:55 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
It certainly helps though...ask his new teammate McKegg.
Of course it does.

And thats the thing with +/-. Instead of taking it as a straight stat and comparing say Tinordi's stats vs a guy on a bad team, i like to look at where a player is in relation to his teammates.

That Tinordi is so far ahead of the next best dman on London... a team with another high draftee in Harrington, and highly touted guy like Matta, it tells me he's been exceptional this season.

Old
01-28-2012, 11:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Not sure where this "Sullivan toured Quebec" thing still exist. Was proven that the night 2 Americans did tour Quebec, Sullivan was actually playing a game for his team.

Not saying it won't happen. But people shouldn't keep mentioning that possibility based on that event, 'cause that never took place.

Old
01-29-2012, 12:18 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not sure where this "Sullivan toured Quebec" thing still exist. Was proven that the night 2 Americans did tour Quebec, Sullivan was actually playing a game for his team.

Not saying it won't happen. But people shouldn't keep mentioning that possibility based on that event, 'cause that never took place.
The rumour was that two Americans were visiting and apparently it wasn't true.

That rumour about Sullivan touring Quebec isn't linked to the other.

Old
01-29-2012, 12:44 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
The real good news in this.

Some might say the stat is skewed because the Knights are such a great team, and that is part of it, but Tinordi is also a +10 better than any other Dman on the team, so we can't just say its because he's on the first place club.
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...n/44/subtype/7

Tommy Hughes is +26 on D and Harrington is + 20 but only in 26 games..Still Tinordi rock so far this year

Old
01-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...n/44/subtype/7

Tommy Hughes is +26 on D and Harrington is + 20 but only in 26 games..Still Tinordi rock so far this year
I missed Hughes, but he's also played 17 more games than Tinordi

Old
01-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Kristo 2 GP 2 G 2 A 4 PT this weekend, on pace for career highs in all

keep an eye on this kid, love that right handed shot

Old
01-30-2012, 10:01 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Saw both Kristo/MacMillan games over the weekend. Kristo scored a nice goal on Saturday night, he rushed the puck up ice on the PP, passed it to Nelson and then went to the net hard, Nelson passed it over as the goalie was way out of position so Kristo had a tap in. Good weekend for him as he has 6 pts in his last 3 games and ND sorely needed the points as they look to get home ice for the playoffs and must move up the rankings if they hope to make the frozen fours (or win the WCHA championship again like last year)

Old
01-30-2012, 10:03 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Glad to hear Kristo is doing well, I really liked the way he played in Juniors for Team USA in his 2 tournaments. Love his speed and should blend in very wel with the Habs some day

Old
01-30-2012, 02:37 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Glad to hear Kristo is doing well, I really liked the way he played in Juniors for Team USA in his 2 tournaments. Love his speed and should blend in very wel with the Habs some day
Hopefully he gets reunited with Leblanc his linemate from the USHL in Hamilton and form a competitive line maybe with Gabriel Dumont as their center or Engqvist if he's still there.

Old
01-30-2012, 03:16 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Hopefully he gets reunited with Leblanc his linemate from the USHL in Hamilton and form a competitive line maybe with Gabriel Dumont as their center.
We could probably have quite a few new forwards next year as well as d-men. It'll be a very exciting year with a lot of new talent coming into Hamilton.

Patrick Holland (probable)
Danny Kristo (probable)
Steve Qualier (Maybe)
Michael Bournival (for sure)
Brendan Gallagher (for sure)

On defence they will add:

Beaulieu
Tinordi
Pateryn
Ellis

Last edited by FrankMTL: 01-30-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old
01-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Yeah, not to mention some of the solid players we have in Hamilton right now. Still need to find a solid goalie though.

Old
01-30-2012, 03:55 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Yeah, not to mention some of the solid players we have in Hamilton right now. Still need to find a solid goalie though.
Maybe Timmins finds an undrafted NCAA goalie with potential, like Taylor Nelson at Ferris State or Cal Heeter at Ohio State

Old
01-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Maybe Timmins finds an undrafted NCAA goalie with potential, like Taylor Nelson at Ferris State or Cal Heeter at Ohio State
Adding so many prospects to the pro-ranks will put them pretty tight to the 50 contract limit. I doubt this is going to be a season for adding UFA prospects like they've done with Desharnais, Diaz, Engqvist, Trotter etc. in previous years.

Old
01-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Grant McCagg

Really hopng Kristo turns pro and lights up the american league next year. Can't wait to use the headline "Mr. Kristo, You Make Good Rookies".

Old
01-30-2012, 04:19 PM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Really hopng Kristo turns pro and lights up the american league next year. Can't wait to use the headline "Mr. Kristo, You Make Good Rookies".
Ho wow haha

Old
01-30-2012, 04:20 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Hah, that's pretty good.

Admittedly, I'm not kristo's biggest fan, but i'd love for him to prove me wrong. Definitely want to see him in hamilton next year.

Old
01-30-2012, 04:33 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Heard that Steve Quailer is going for an MRI for his leg injury (missed an entire season with a knee injury but I don't know if it was the same one) so waiting to hear how long he will be out. Playoffs start in 6 weeks (10 games left in the regular season for NU).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I hope Timmins is keeping an eye on Scott Kishel, his team UMD has several undrafted FA's of interest including their goalie Kenny Reiter. Reiter isn't flashy but he wins a lot and has already won a national championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Adding so many prospects to the pro-ranks will put them pretty tight to the 50 contract limit. I doubt this is going to be a season for adding UFA prospects like they've done with Desharnais, Diaz, Engqvist, Trotter etc. in previous years.
Depends on what happens with the direction of the team, if they unload most of their UFA's, they could have a few spots in addition to all the players they add, so perhaps they might look to find a FA or two.

Old
01-30-2012, 05:44 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Good to see Kristo getting back on track. He's possibly our best bet to get an offensive player out of our prospects with the combination of skill, speed and that deadly shot.

Gotta give credit to WS on the offensive side of Ellis as he has been impressive this year.

Old
01-31-2012, 09:41 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Good to see Kristo getting back on track. He's possibly our best bet to get an offensive player out of our prospects with the combination of skill, speed and that deadly shot.

Gotta give credit to WS on the offensive side of Ellis as he has been impressive this year.
Hamilton is going to have an impressive arsenal of gritty young players all fighting for their opportunity to get a call up to the Habs.Thinking of the farm team that way takes me back to the early 70's when Nova Scotia Voyageurs were the elite AHL team,let's hope it all goes the same as the past did.

Old
01-31-2012, 09:53 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Hamilton is going to have an impressive arsenal of gritty young players all fighting for their opportunity to get a call up to the Habs.Thinking of the farm team that way takes me back to the early 70's when Nova Scotia Voyageurs were the elite AHL team,let's hope it all goes the same as the past did.
The year after that, we will probably have Darren Dietz and Mac Bennett joining Hamilton. I really like the defensive depth we're building. All of Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Pateryn, Dietz and Bennett have good chances of making the NHL one day. Pateryn is maybe the longest shot, but even he's a pretty decent pro prospect.

We should also have Dustin Walsh in Hamilton for 2013-2014. I think he's got some good potential. Too bad he got injured this year.

Old
02-01-2012, 10:07 AM
crakced

Dietz scores 2

To cheer everyone up around here...Dietz scored 2 on the weekend. Video below, his 1st at about 30 seconds where he deked out the goalie for a nice goal. The other at about the 2 min mark.

http://www.saskatoonblades.com/video...c20bd322c70e07

Old
02-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Andy

Ellis Ellis Ellis!

I love this kid. I can't wait to see how he does next year. I hope he can pack on a few pounds for training camp. Yah I know he won't be a superstar, but I like his style of D-men.

Old
02-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Grant McCagg

[QUOTE=montreal;43301877]Heard that Steve Quailer is going for an MRI for his leg injury (missed an entire season with a knee injury but I don't know if it was the same one) so waiting to hear how long he will be out. Playoffs start in 6 weeks (10 games left in the regular season for NU). [QUOTE]

Do you have a link confirming he injured his knee? Trevor is/was unaware of it. BTW - TT says lots of people have been raving about Holland - and think we picked up a very solid prospect.

Old
02-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Do you have a link confirming he injured his knee? Trevor is/was unaware of it. BTW - TT says lots of people have been raving about Holland - and think we picked up a very solid prospect.
Was Trevor consulted about Holland before the trade?

Closed Thread