HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Steve Quailer with a goal and assist last night and he has a goal again tonight, up to 8 points in 10 games I believe with 12 minutes left tonight.

Old
11-19-2011, 08:59 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Steve Quailer with a goal and assist last night and he has a goal again tonight, up to 8 points in 10 games I believe with 12 minutes left tonight.
We're on the same page, bud!

Old
11-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Hmm anybody find any articles on Kishel? He's having a pretty solid season. I've completely written him off with his stats in the last 3 seasons but so far this season he's at 11pts in 14 ganes.

Old
11-19-2011, 10:00 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Hmm anybody find any articles on Kishel? He's having a pretty solid season. I've completely written him off with his stats in the last 3 seasons but so far this season he's at 11pts in 14 ganes.
You've seen the one after he scored his first career goal?

http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com/...133657228.html

Old
11-20-2011, 12:57 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
You've seen the one after he scored his first career goal?

http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com/...133657228.html
Scott seems to be well liked and a leader on defence for the team,great on the Bulldogs blueline hopefully he can do the same for Hamilton Bulldogs blueline.Not bad for a seventh pick in 2007,did Timmins ever have a great draft that year.Ryan McDonagh, Max Pacioretty,PK Subban,Yannick Weber,Joe Stejskal,Andrew Conboy,Nicholas Torp and Scott Kishel if Kishel gets a contract the only one left is Torp and he's still playing in Sweden I believe.:laug h:

Old
11-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Andros777

Morgan Ellis rockin the Q like a boss.

Four points tonight.

Old
11-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Kishel: I'd still be surprised if he is signed. Though strange things have happened....we did sign Lacasse and Mayer at one point....But having a good year as a senior is not exactly surprising. Though to his defense, what is surprising is that he was often not dressed for his junior season so it's really as if he missed a full season. So they could be interested in seeing him. But I would be more surprised if he signs than not.

Ellis: Well I was a fan since the pick happened. And the greatest thing about his season is that he will be a hot commodity for better teams looking to upgrade their D. Would love to see Shawi going after him. They CLEARLY need better D's, and they are hosting the Memorial Cup. Shawi needs to go after him.....but I suspect others to be more aggressive. Hey, St.John wouldn't be bad either 'cause they surely should go back at the Mem Cup. Though the problem with St.John is that he's not going to be the go-to-guy.

Old
11-20-2011, 10:15 AM
crazybird87

In my mind, Ellis is the Josh Gorges 2.0 version.

He's definetely one of my favorite prospect

Old
11-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybird87 View Post
In my mind, Ellis is the Josh Gorges 2.0 version.

He's definetely one of my favorite prospect
That's what I noticed in training camp, except he was already better at carrying the puck. So steady in the D zone, really excited for this guy.

Old
11-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Our best surprises on D will most likely come from a 4th and a 5th rounder. And our most exciting forwards up front will come from a 2nd and a 5th rounder. At one point, people will understand that every pick is important. We need to keep those picks. We have a very good head scout, we need to be using it. Might not always happen, we might have to use them some ways, but I'd suggest we try to bring them back somehow as well. And just not accept that we lost those picks and do nothing about it.

Old
11-20-2011, 11:43 AM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Our best surprises on D will most likely come from a 4th and a 5th rounder. And our most exciting forwards up front will come from a 2nd and a 5th rounder. At one point, people will understand that every pick is important. We need to keep those picks. We have a very good head scout, we need to be using it. Might not always happen, we might have to use them some ways, but I'd suggest we try to bring them back somehow as well. And just not accept that we lost those picks and do nothing about it.
I think this year might be a year where we can trade players we dont need for picks at the deadline. IF all our defenseman are healthy we will have 3 vets that we could trade. Gill (Obviously not since he's rock solid in the playoffs), Campoli and Spacek.

I cant see Campoli staying with us with Markov, Subban, Weber, Diaz, Emelin, Spacek, Gorges and Gill. St-Denis is proving that he can fill in if other injuries are to happen.

And next year we will have plenty of defenseman in the AHL to call up with Ellis, Beaulieu, Tinordi and Pateryn.

I'm excited about our defense.

Old
11-20-2011, 12:35 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Kishel: I'd still be surprised if he is signed. Though strange things have happened....we did sign Lacasse and Mayer at one point....But having a good year as a senior is not exactly surprising. Though to his defense, what is surprising is that he was often not dressed for his junior season so it's really as if he missed a full season. So they could be interested in seeing him. But I would be more surprised if he signs than not.

Ellis: Well I was a fan since the pick happened. And the greatest thing about his season is that he will be a hot commodity for better teams looking to upgrade their D. Would love to see Shawi going after him. They CLEARLY need better D's, and they are hosting the Memorial Cup. Shawi needs to go after him.....but I suspect others to be more aggressive. Hey, St.John wouldn't be bad either 'cause they surely should go back at the Mem Cup. Though the problem with St.John is that he's not going to be the go-to-guy.
That's what I've been thinking. Ellis has been on a ****** team since the beginning. He needs to play on a good team for once.

Old
11-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
I agree with you WS. That's why draft junkies like us always HATE seeing our picks traded.

Hopefully he have a ****ing 2nd round pick this year.

We can get some damn good players in this draft in the early rounds, and like you said, the latter rounds can be just as important.

Old
11-20-2011, 01:05 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I agree with you WS. That's why draft junkies like us always HATE seeing our picks traded.

Hopefully he have a ****ing 2nd round pick this year.

We can get some damn good players in this draft in the early rounds, and like you said, the latter rounds can be just as important.
And I'd be ecstatic if Campoli could be traded for another 2nd round pick.

Can you imagine? A 1st and 2 2nds... when was the last time we had that?

Old
11-20-2011, 01:16 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Can you imagine? A 1st and 2 2nds... when was the last time we had that?
1st round, 12th - Ryan McDonagh
1st round, 22nd - Max Pacioretty
2nd round, 43rd - P.K. Subban

1st round, 20th - David Fischer
2nd round, 49th - Ben Maxwell
2nd round, 53rd - Mathieu Carle

Old
11-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
1st round, 20th - David Fischer
2nd round, 49th - Ben Maxwell
2nd round, 53rd - Mathieu Carle
Ah good times.

Old
11-20-2011, 01:25 PM
katatoniak

Was 2006 the firs timmins year ? I dont remember when he was hired...

Old
11-20-2011, 01:35 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
IIRC, his first draft with full authority was 2004.

Old
11-20-2011, 01:37 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Been with the team since 2000. I think he first became head scout in time for the 03 draft.

Old
11-20-2011, 01:39 PM
katatoniak

Thanks guys, I guess he was drunk in 2006 then

edit: What the hell is IIRC anyway ? Probably a very stupid question but whatever

Old
11-20-2011, 01:48 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Thanks guys, I guess he was drunk in 2006 then

edit: What the hell is IIRC anyway ? Probably a very stupid question but whatever
If I recall correctly.

Timmins biggest flaw I think is he is biased towards Americans. He saw something in Fischer nobody else did, and he was wrong. Some teams had Fischer on their do not draft(with ANY pick) list, and we took him first round. Maxwell and Carle were just bad picks, we most certainly should have taken Blake Geoffrion with one of those. Generally though the 2006 draft was ****. One of the few years where pretty much all the good players were first rounders.

Old
11-20-2011, 02:30 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
One of the few years where pretty much all the good players were first rounders.
Except for Kulemin, Lucic, McBain, Neuvirth, Anisimov, Marchand, Clutterbuck.. and I think I'm forgetting a couple more.

How did this turn into ex-draft talk?

Old
11-20-2011, 02:41 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Except for Kulemin, Lucic, McBain, Neuvirth, Anisimov, Marchand, Clutterbuck.. and I think I'm forgetting a couple more.

How did this turn into ex-draft talk?
Usually there's more than one or two decent NHLers per round in NHL drafts. The second and third round have a couple good players but the fifth round has zero nhlers. Marchand/Clutterbuck in the third. Nothing in the fourth, fifth, sixth(unless you think MacDonald and Stalberg are good.), or seventh. 2006 is also one of those drafts where new people don't step up every year. The 2008 draft is already turning out much better depth wise.

Old
11-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Timmins biggest flaw I think is he is biased towards Americans. He saw something in Fischer nobody else did, and he was wrong. Some teams had Fischer on their do not draft(with ANY pick) list, and we took him first round. Maxwell and Carle were just bad picks, we most certainly should have taken Blake Geoffrion with one of those. Generally though the 2006 draft was ****. One of the few years where pretty much all the good players were first rounders.
I disagree. IMO the problem in 2006 was one of drafting for need rather than BPA. The Habs have been staying away from small players in the 1st round, so Giroux was lower than he should have been on the list. Instead they took a tall dman.

Geographically, I think drafting Americans has worked out fine, Pacioretty has been a very useful addition, and McDonagh would have also helped the team had we kept him.

Even in Fischer's case, being American had a side benefit. Tthe fact that he went through college gave us 4 years to decide to cut him loose for a compensation pick. If he had played Canadian junior hockey, I bet the team would have signed him after 2 years and he'd have busted for no return.

Old
11-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

Quote:
If I recall correctly.

You know he's American, right?

Closed Thread