HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Show your age ... my first video gaming system and/or first car was ...

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
and that is the most important, especially at a young age. So many parents lose sight of that.
His little speech was what I tell him every practice: "Have fun, do your best, play hard". And then after he comes off the ice, I ask him if he had fun. Almost every time, it's a yes. The one time it wasn't, he'd fallen awkwardly while standing in line for a drill and it opened up a chance to work on his stance (he's really upright and his feet are too close... but he's getting better).

11-06-2011, 12:46 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

So apparently credit card interest is charged on your average balance instead of what actually remains? I mistyped a 1 instead of a 2 and carried a $77 balance, but they charged interest based on $587. WTF.

Old
11-06-2011, 03:08 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
So apparently credit card interest is charged on your average balance instead of what actually remains? I mistyped a 1 instead of a 2 and carried a $77 balance, but they charged interest based on $587. WTF.
Was this on a deal with no interest for 6 months type thing? Because if so, that's pretty typical. They hit you with the all the interest for the last 6 months at once.

Old
11-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Yummy Tree Sap

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Tried Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA last night for the first time. Wowza. The store I was at also had the 120-minute but it was $10 for a 12 oz. bottle! Couldn't quite justify it.
90 is better than 120 anyway, tbqh. World Wide Stout, on the other hand, completely and totally worth the price tag.

I got to play tennis yesterday for what I imagine to be the last time of the year. Bittersweet, but I didn't expect it so I'm very happy for that.

Old
11-06-2011, 03:35 PM
AV18

Send a message via AIM to AV18
Saw Christian Kane and his band at Club Paradise last night, which was a lot of fun. Then spent today watching my friend's 9 year old son and 4 year old daughter, which was exhausting and now I need to drink.

Old
11-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Tree Sap View Post
90 is better than 120 anyway, tbqh. World Wide Stout, on the other hand, completely and totally worth the price tag.
World Wide Stout is not. A. Joke. It's a bit too strong for my tastes to rank as one of my favs, but that's an awesome once-in-a-while beer. I felt like a grizzled viking drinking it.

Old
11-06-2011, 05:43 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Was this on a deal with no interest for 6 months type thing? Because if so, that's pretty typical. They hit you with the all the interest for the last 6 months at once.
Nope, my standard BoA card that I've had for 7 years.

Old
11-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Anyone else watching the "Hell on Wheels" premier on AMC tonight? I've been looking forward to it for awhile now.

Old
11-06-2011, 07:55 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
So at our tailgate this morning, my wife was talking about her car and how she ends up using my money to pay the monthly payments, which led to this:

Me: "So basically it's my car."
Wife: "Yeah, I guess it is."
Me: "Well then I should get a new car and you pay for your own" (mine has been paid off for years now)
Wife: "Yeah, you could totally"
<5 minutes later>
Me: "So... it's ok with you if I get a new car?"
Sara: "No"

Damn, so close.

Old
11-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
So at our tailgate this morning, my wife was talking about her car and how she ends up using my money to pay the monthly payments, which led to this:

Me: "So basically it's my car."
Wife: "Yeah, I guess it is."
Me: "Well then I should get a new car and you pay for your own" (mine has been paid off for years now)
Wife: "Yeah, you could totally"
<5 minutes later>
Me: "So... it's ok with you if I get a new car?"
Sara: "No"

Damn, so close.
Yeah that totally sounds like her.

Old
11-06-2011, 09:54 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
Anyone else watching the "Hell on Wheels" premier on AMC tonight? I've been looking forward to it for awhile now.
Missed it tonight, but I am interested in checking it out. Let me know how it was.

Old
11-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Missed it tonight, but I am interested in checking it out. Let me know how it was.
It was ok, still think that The Walking Dead is better

Old
11-06-2011, 10:59 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
I <3 NFL and NHL Tickets..

Good to be home with the folks in NC weather is supposed to be beautiful all week in the high 60's !!

Old
11-07-2011, 01:46 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

The stories on the news just makes me physically ill. You've seen them, idiots that have personal "zoos". More times than not, they either release these wild animals in the community. Or the wilds animals end up killing the owner or an innocent friend or family member. So sick! Wild, non-domesticated means leave them alone. I personally take issue with zoos, but that's a different story.

Anyways.... Who has pets?

English Bulldog - 5 years old
Cat - not sure what kind (wife's cat) - 13 years old

Old
11-07-2011, 07:17 AM
Clock

Two cats and one small human.

Old
11-07-2011, 07:47 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

One cat that I'm sure thinks it owns us and not the other way around.

Old
11-07-2011, 08:12 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

I spent an ungodly amount of time in my truck this weekend. (Keep in mind for this I live in Niagara Falls, close to the old Summit Park Mall.)

Sabres game Friday, dinner after in the city, back home. Up early Saturday morning, drove down to Allegany. Sunday morning, came home.

Lady friend was at the Bills game with a college friend. She had a few pops in her, since she wasn't driving, but the guy got ripped, and she didn't trust him to drive. So, I drove all the way down to the stadium to pick her up, bring her home to Kenmore, and then drove to Niagara Falls Ontario for my curling match.

So much for relaxing weekends!!

Old
11-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Lady friend was at the Bills game with a college friend. She had a few pops in her, since she wasn't driving, but the guy got ripped, and she didn't trust him to drive. So, I drove all the way down to the stadium to pick her up, bring her home to Kenmore, and then drove to Niagara Falls Ontario for my curling match.
Don't be weirded out, but I'm invested in your relationship with this lady friend now. Had to put it out there.

Old
11-07-2011, 08:27 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Don't be weirded out, but I'm invested in your relationship with this lady friend now. Had to put it out there.
And by "invested", Clock means he invested in a FTD "I Love You" bear that was sent to said lady friend.

Old
11-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
And by "invested", Clock means he invested in a FTD "I Love You" bear that was sent to said lady friend.
That's right.

Old
11-07-2011, 08:41 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

LOL. Not weirded out at all. Unless someone sends ME one of those bears. But even then I'll probably just roll with it. Especially if it's Clock.... ohwait

Friday night felt like that point where it goes from 'This chick is cool to hang out with' to 'Ok, this is really interesting now, maybe there's something going on here.' Like, we were sitting in my truck talking for so long before the game that we almost didn't get to our seats in time for faceoff. I have a very set pre-game routine too, and it didn't phase me one bit that it got blown up. :p

Old
11-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
I spent an ungodly amount of time in my truck this weekend. (Keep in mind for this I live in Niagara Falls, close to the old Summit Park Mall.)

Sabres game Friday, dinner after in the city, back home. Up early Saturday morning, drove down to Allegany. Sunday morning, came home.

So much for relaxing weekends!!
That's commitment right there.

Years ago, I used to live in the Elmwood Village area while my wife was going to SUNY Fredonia. I worked in Amherst. It wasn't unusual for me to drive to work, down to the school, pick her up and come back up into the city, then drive her back and then drive home. A short time while I stayed with my parents out in the Southtowns was even worse -- up to Amherst in the morning, out to Fredonia after work, up to the city, then down to Fredonia and then 25-ish miles cross-lots to my parent's place. In the winter, it was even dicier.

Old
11-07-2011, 09:09 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Yikes. Now that's a pretty solid drive right there. I can't imagine the winters doing that. Pretty impressed!!

My big saving grace is that I filled up on Salamanca Saturday morning, so it didn't totally clean my wallet out. (I drive a Trailblazer....! ) Past that, I'm pretty sure I got some large brownie point deposits with both her and her mom, so that's probably a good thing.

Old
11-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Clock

Quote:
LOL. Not weirded out at all. Unless someone sends ME one of those bears. But even then I'll probably just roll with it. Especially if it's Clock.... ohwait

Friday night felt like that point where it goes from 'This chick is cool to hang out with' to 'Ok, this is really interesting now, maybe there's something going on here.' Like, we were sitting in my truck talking for so long before the game that we almost didn't get to our seats in time for faceoff. I have a very set pre-game routine too, and it didn't phase me one bit that it got blown up. :p
Any friend zone potential? Are you safe? ARE YOU IN THE CLEAR?

Old
11-07-2011, 09:15 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Any friend zone potential? Are you safe? ARE YOU IN THE CLEAR?
LOL. I'm 99.9% sure I'm clear of the friend zone. I've made it very clear that I'm interested, so there's no question about that. She's showing signs of interest too, and we've talked about it a little bit. Just rolling with it for now, seeing where it ends up.

Closed Thread