HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Team Quebec VS English Canada......

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-06-2004, 01:52 PM
  #1
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Team Quebec VS English Canada......

Hiya Gang......

I couldn't help but notice that alot of the key players on the Team canada roster this time around are from the province of Quebec........we're talking about the likes of Lemieux, St.Louis, LeCavalier, Gagne and Brodeur.........I've also heard some discussion in here about how this tourney needs some more teams added to the equation and that's when I started thinking to myself about how a Team made up of just Quebecers would fair in the World Cup of hockey............so my question here for all of you is a two parter:

(A) Who would you include on your Team Quebec and Team English Canada rosters?

(B) If the Finals featured these 2-teams in a best out-of-three who would win the Series?..........Team Quebec OR Team English Canada?........

Let the debate(s) Begin.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

P.S.........maybe the fans from Western Canada can come up with a team Canada-West roster and the fans from Ontario come up with a roster for a Team Ontario.

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 03:16 PM
  #2
wilka91*
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,251
vCash: 500
Quebec will separate from Canada in the 20 years to come.

wilka91* is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 03:21 PM
  #3
GTF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
A) I started to think about who to include on Team Quebec when I realized they'd have no defesemen.

GTF is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 03:26 PM
  #4
DutchLeafsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Rotterdam, NL
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DutchLeafsfan Send a message via MSN to DutchLeafsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTF
A) I started to think about who to include on Team Quebec when I realized they'd have no defesemen.
Patrice Brisebois?

DutchLeafsfan is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 03:32 PM
  #5
LaVal
Registered User
 
LaVal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,705
vCash: 500
out of the current team Canada: Brodeur, Luongo, Theodore, Gagne, Lecavalier, and Lemieux are from Quebec. obviously they'd lack the goaltending they have right now (they'd still have Belfour, Turco, Roloson and Burke, with Raycroft for the future.), but they're still a solid team without those from Quebec.

team Quebec would obviously have the best goaltenders, but they couldn't put together the kind of team that Canada could.

LaVal is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 04:09 PM
  #6
x-bob
Registered User
 
x-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,005
vCash: 500
ok lets try it out.

Team Canada

Nash-Sakic-Iginla
Smyth-Thornton-Heatly
Richards-Marleau-Murray
Morrow-Yzermam-Doan

(extra: Draper, Maltby)

Neidermayer-Foote
Jovonoski-Blake
Regher-Reddan

(Extra: Bowmester, Brewer)

Belfour
Turco
Raycroft



Team Quebec

Tanguay-Lemieux-Gagne
Lecavalier-Ribeiro-St-louis
Walker-Briere-Daze
Dupuis-Damphousse-Dumont

(extra: Robitaille, Daigle, Bergeron)

Aucoin-Brisebois
Desjardin-Bergeron
Boucher-Dandenault

(Extra: Girard, Gauthier)

Brodeur
Luongo
Theodore


This took me so long to do it's not even funny. Quebec has an ok team but the defence is pretty week but underrated. There netminders are fantastic which is what would really keep them in the game. I think Team Canada would win but not by much.


Last edited by x-bob: 09-09-2004 at 08:34 PM.
x-bob is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 04:13 PM
  #7
Burnaby_Joe*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Kariya Sakic Iginla
Heatley Thornton Bertuzzi
Nash Richards Murray
Draper Madden Doan

Niedermayer Foote
Jovanovski Blake
Pronger Redden

Belfour
Joseph
Turco

Burnaby_Joe* is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 04:14 PM
  #8
Masao
Registered User
 
Masao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 10,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilka91
Quebec will separate from Canada in the 20 years to come.
That's what they were saying 30 years ago

Masao is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 04:16 PM
  #9
JF
Résidences Soleil?
 
JF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 760
vCash: 500
You can add Jonathan Girard, Eric Desjardins and maybe even Denis Gauthier to the team quebec defence.

JF is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 04:18 PM
  #10
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
>>>ok lets try it out.

Team Canada

Nash-Sakic-Iginla
Smyth-Thornton-Heatly
Richards-Marleau-Murray
Morrow-Yzermam-Doan
(extra: Draper, Maltby)

Neidermayer-Foote
Jovonoski-Blake
Regher-Reddan
(Extra: Bowmester, Brewer)

Belfour
Turco
Raycroft


Team Quebec

Tanguay-Lemieux-Gagne
Lecavalier-Ribeiro-St-louis
Walker-Briere-Robitaille
Turgeon-Damphousse-Dumont
(extra: Dupuis, Daigle)

Aucoin-Brisebois
Dandenault-Bergeron
Boucher-Quintal

Brodeur
Luongo
Theodore

This took me so long to do it's not even funny. Quebec has an ok team but the defence is pretty week but underrated. There netminders are fantastic which is what would really keep them in the game. I think Team Canada would win but not by much.<<<
=======================================

x-bob........

Maybe Quebec could talk Raymond Bourque out of retirement for this Series.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 04:23 PM
  #11
x-bob
Registered User
 
x-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,005
vCash: 500
x-bob........

Maybe Quebec could talk Raymond Bourque out of retirement for this Series.

Cheers!~

monkey_00
[/QUOTE]


and Guy Lafleur, Jean Beliveau, Guy Carbonneau, Patrik Roy

x-bob is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 04:24 PM
  #12
Raskolnikov76
Registered User
 
Raskolnikov76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Los Altos
Posts: 443
vCash: 500
Goaltending no problem:
Brodeur, Théodore, Lungo, Giguére (our 4th could be 1st in lots of country)

Offense is pretty good:
Lemieux, Lecavalier, St-Louis, Gagné, Tanguay, Marleau, Brière, Ribeiro, Bouchard, Bergeron, Damphousse, Robitaille, etc..

Defense that's tougher:
Brisebois, Boucher, Desjardins, Bergeron, Gauthier, Dandenault, Bouillon, ..??..ouch!! let's say that Bourque comes of retirement and Aucoin is born in Gatineau instead

I think Québec would be top 5 in the world. Maybe not the powerhouse of Canada and Russia but definately among USA, Sweden, etc.

For a final, well, I don't know. This would become the biggest rivalry ever. Heart and passion would make a difference, and it could go either side. Wow imagine the party on Ste-Catherine.

What about the jersey? I'd like something à la Nordique.

Raskolnikov76 is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 04:26 PM
  #13
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?
 
Kickabrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
Who would you include on your Team Quebec and Team English Canada rosters?
Just curious but why would you call it Team ENGLISH Canada? Why did you not call team quebec Team FRENCH Canada?

If there is an english speaking quebeker, does he play for team quebec or Team ENGLISH Canada? And if a player is born in quebec but grew up in Ontario is he eligble to play for both or does he have to speak french to play on team quebec? Why would Lemieux be on team quebec, he's lived in Pittsburgh for over 20 years and only lived in quebec for 18. What the criteria is here.

Kickabrat is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 04:28 PM
  #14
x-bob
Registered User
 
x-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickabrat
Just curious but why would you call it Team ENGLISH Canada? Why did you not call team quebec Team FRENCH Canada?

If there is an english speaking quebeker, does he play for team quebec or Team ENGLISH Canada? And if a player is born in quebec but grew up in Ontario is he eligble to play for both or does he have to speak french to play on team quebec? Why would Lemieux be on team quebec, he's lived in Pittsburgh for over 20 years and only lived in quebec for 18. What the criteria is here.
It's because of people like you that evryting is screwed up.......who cares

x-bob is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 04:30 PM
  #15
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Goaltending no problem:
Brodeur, Théodore, Lungo, Giguére (our 4th could be 1st in lots of country)

Offense is pretty good:
Lemieux, Lecavalier, St-Louis, Gagné, Tanguay, Marleau, Brière, Ribeiro, Bouchard, Bergeron, Damphousse, Robitaille, etc..

Defense that's tougher:
Brisebois, Boucher, Desjardins, Bergeron, Gauthier, Dandenault, Bouillon, ..??..ouch!! let's say that Bourque comes of retirement and Aucoin is born in Gatineau instead

I think Québec would be top 5 in the world. Maybe not the powerhouse of Canada and Russia but definately among USA, Sweden, etc.

For a final, well, I don't know. This would become the biggest rivalry ever. Heart and passion would make a difference, and it could go either side. Wow imagine the party on Ste-Catherine.

What about the jersey? I'd like something à la Nordique.
=======================================
Raskolnikov76.........

Great selection of players.........Marleau is from Saskatchewan.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 04:35 PM
  #16
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?
 
Kickabrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob
It's because of people like you that evryting is screwed up.......who cares
Really I thought it was because of people like monkey_00. It would have been easy for him to say Team Quebec and Team rest of Canada, but he didn't did he. He specifically said Team ENGLISH Canada. Why would the rest of Canada be labeled English and Team Quebec not labelled Team French Canada? Which because he worded his post that way brings up the questions I posed.

Kickabrat is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 04:36 PM
  #17
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
>>>Just curious but why would you call it Team ENGLISH Canada? Why did you not call team quebec Team FRENCH Canada?

If there is an english speaking quebeker, does he play for team quebec or Team ENGLISH Canada? And if a player is born in quebec but grew up in Ontario is he eligble to play for both or does he have to speak french to play on team quebec? Why would Lemieux be on team quebec, he's lived in Pittsburgh for over 20 years and only lived in quebec for 18. What the criteria is here.<<<
==========================================

kickabrat...........

I called the French team "Quebec" cause that's where the players on that team would be from..........and I called the other team from Canada; "TEAM ENGLISH CANADA" cause it would consist of players from the other provinces and territories of Canada...............what would you rather I call the English team instead?............TEAM ONTARIO-MANITOBA-SASKATCHEWAN-ALBERTA-BRITISH COLUMBIA-NOVA SCOTIA-NEWFOUNDLAND-PRINCE EDWARD ISALAND-NEW BRUNSWICK-AND THE TERRITORIES?...............I don't think so.

Don't stay up all night in bed worrying about it ok?

Cheers!~

monkey_00

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 04:37 PM
  #18
GTF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Where's Aucoin from? I had no idea he was French. Bad assumption on my part.

GTF is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 04:38 PM
  #19
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
>>>Really I thought it was because of people like monkey_00. It would have been easy for him to say Team Quebec and Team rest of Canada, but he didn't did he. He specifically said Team ENGLISH Canada. Why would the rest of Canada be labeled English and Team Quebec not labelled Team French Canada? Which because he worded his post that way brings up the questions I posed.<<<
========================

kickabrat............

Thanks.........I'm glad that you think monkeys are people too.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 04:45 PM
  #20
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?
 
Kickabrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00[font=Comic Sans MS
............what would you rather I call the English team instead?............TEAM ONTARIO-MANITOBA-SASKATCHEWAN-ALBERTA-BRITISH COLUMBIA-NOVA SCOTIA-NEWFOUNDLAND-PRINCE EDWARD ISALAND-NEW BRUNSWICK-AND THE TERRITORIES?...............I don't think so.

Don't stay up all night in bed worrying about it ok?

Cheers!~

monkey_00
[/font]
Team Canada, Team rest of Canada.
But why limit it to just team quebec. You could probably make good teams from just about every province or region. Why not ask for a Team Ontario, Team Maritime, Team BC, Team Prairie Provinces (Team Saskatchewan would probably eat everyones' lunch). All these these teams would be pretty good (except for maybe the maritime one) but much like Canada, individually they would not be great but together, look out. I was just curious why you singled out one segment based on language but not the other. I'm not losing sleep over it, just thought it was curious.

Kickabrat is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 04:50 PM
  #21
Burke's Evil Spirit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 16,585
vCash: 500
Wow, French defensemen really suck

Burke's Evil Spirit is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 04:58 PM
  #22
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?
 
Kickabrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
Wow, French defensemen really suck
But with Brodeur in nets you could put Alex Daigle on D.

Kickabrat is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 05:10 PM
  #23
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
>>>Team Canada, Team rest of Canada.
But why limit it to just team quebec. You could probably make good teams from just about every province or region. Why not ask for a Team Ontario, Team Maritime, Team BC, Team Prairie Provinces (Team Saskatchewan would probably eat everyones' lunch). All these these teams would be pretty good (except for maybe the maritime one) but much like Canada, individually they would not be great but together, look out. I was just curious why you singled out one segment based on language but not the other. I'm not losing sleep over it, just thought it was curious.<<<

=============================

kickabrat.............

I asked for people's opinions on how a Series with Quebec VS English Canada would fair?................please forgive me but I still don't know what point you are trying to make over here........I asked a simple 2-part question.......I'm sorry that you're having such a tough time grasping what I was asking here.......Oh well.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 05:12 PM
  #24
GTF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickabrat
But with Brodeur in nets you could put Alex Daigle on D.
Yeah, the Q has always been about greating goaltending and scoring.

GTF is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 05:42 PM
  #25
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTF
Where's Aucoin from? I had no idea he was French. Bad assumption on my part.
He's from Ottawa, pretty sure he's bi-lingual, though I'm not sure which is his first language.

mcphee is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.