HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Official 2013 NHL Mock Draft

Old
07-27-2012, 05:25 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey365 View Post
I WISH!!!!

My son is a 94, playing Junior A in a lost city in Ont, where the arena is behind a cow farm. after this coming year, he's hanging his skates......

On the "hands comment"

Duclair has hands to shoot
Drouin has hands to stickhandle in traffic.
We can agree there, but IMO Jo can hit the hole with his eyes closed. Duclair has a rocket !!

Duclair didn't start putting on wait till he entered the Q, that hampered his progress, as I said he play this year on skill alone. Next year watch out.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 05:44 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Duclaire isn't anything special.

You heard it here first.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:18 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

You heard it here first.
Your right Duclaire isn't..

But Anthony Duclair is.

Old
07-27-2012, 10:15 PM
hockey365

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
We can agree there, but IMO Jo can hit the hole with his eyes closed. Duclair has a rocket !!

Duclair didn't start putting on wait till he entered the Q, that hampered his progress, as I said he play this year on skill alone. Next year watch out.
So true!

hockey365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 09:35 AM
WeThreeKings

I'm willing to bet with anyone that Duclair falls in rankings this season. I see him dropping to the bottom of the 1st round and likely into the 2nd rounds.

Scouts aren't going to be enamoured with his lack of hockey sense.

Old
07-29-2012, 09:47 AM
hockey365

Quote:
I'm willing to bet with anyone that Duclair falls in rankings this season. I see him dropping to the bottom of the 1st round and likely into the 2nd rounds.

I'll take on your bet. BUT, if he does fall, it won't be based on his lack of hockey sense, but based on a lack of productivity. He got 66 points last season, he'll need 90-100+ points to be considered a progress from last season.

Like Halifax's stars, he'll be targeted like flies on you know what. 22 and 27 also will need to roam around 90-100+ points for them to be considered a progress from the previous year.

The question is, if these 2nd year players can overcome the added pressure from their oppositions. I believe they can and will all be in the top 10.

As for Qc's #10, too much power, too much skills too much hockey sense to be waisted in the 2nd round. You're speaking as if he has absolutely no hockey sense. if that's the case, Wow!!!

Again, I send out a challenge to all of you, to find 1 article from a pro scout on the web, stating anything on Duke's hockey sense.

I'm not saying his hockey sense is as high as Drouin or Mackinnon, but it's surely not as low as to be late 1st round and 2nd round!

Last edited by hockey365: 07-29-2012 at 10:00 AM.
hockey365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 05:48 PM
zjh
@ZenonHerasymiuk

I will be shocked if Forsberg goes in the 1st round.

zjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Skylimit

Quote:

You heard it here first.

unbelievable what we can read on this forum...

Skylimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 06:56 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Seeing prospects on the draft board that were born in 1995, a full ten years after I was born, is making me feel all kinds of old right now....

No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 07:22 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey365 View Post
I'll take on your bet. BUT, if he does fall, it won't be based on his lack of hockey sense, but based on a lack of productivity. He got 66 points last season, he'll need 90-100+ points to be considered a progress from last season.

Like Halifax's stars, he'll be targeted like flies on you know what. 22 and 27 also will need to roam around 90-100+ points for them to be considered a progress from the previous year.

The question is, if these 2nd year players can overcome the added pressure from their oppositions. I believe they can and will all be in the top 10.

As for Qc's #10, too much power, too much skills too much hockey sense to be waisted in the 2nd round. You're speaking as if he has absolutely no hockey sense. if that's the case, Wow!!!

Again, I send out a challenge to all of you, to find 1 article from a pro scout on the web, stating anything on Duke's hockey sense.

I'm not saying his hockey sense is as high as Drouin or Mackinnon, but it's surely not as low as to be late 1st round and 2nd round!
I saw Duclair quite a bit, especially in the play-off series against Halifax. Every time I saw him, he was a non-factor offensively. Not one part of his game stood out to me and if I hadn't been looking for him, I wouldn't have noticed him at all. Top prospects in the Q tend to have that aura about them. For all the flack Grigorenko got in the play-offs (I gave him plenty), at least his vision was always on display, you could tell when he had the puck there was something that could potentially happen.

As a Mooseheads fan, the few times Duclair did have possession (never seemed to get himself open, which might not be his game because of his wheels) rarely anything came of it. He was usually most content to throw it down the boards or funnel it to the net.

That's why I see 3rd line upside with him. Don't think that's going to be an attractive commodity in a deep 2013 1st round, but who knows, some team might bite based on reputation (The Penguins did pick Esposito in the 1st round, afterall...).

Old
07-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Alberta tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjh View Post
I will be shocked if Forsberg goes in the 1st round.
At this point I agree, I have been very disappointed in him thus far. I really hope he has a huge year.

Alberta tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Seeing prospects on the draft board that were born in 1995, a full ten years after I was born, is making me feel all kinds of old right now....
There are tons of guys who were born after me, that have already retired.

No big deal to me.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 11:53 PM
ReppingMTL

Quote:

Lol.

ReppingMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 04:12 AM
Gulfcraft
Rookie User

Watch out for Leon Bristedt SWE... Great Strong Player
http://eurohockey.com/article/1195-s...s-perfect.html

Gulfcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Scratchy

Well it'll be good to see how all those prospects do in the Hlinka. Not everyone is there, but a lot who are will get a big chance to learn from each other; and we'll see you can take that and have a great season. Sure hope I can see Drouin, Lazar, Klimchuk, and so on throughout the season.

Scratchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2012, 10:44 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Ivan Hlinka will be great, just wish that the US would sens it's best.

Old
08-11-2012, 08:48 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGhost79 View Post
I think Motte's stock dropped a bit at the end of last season. Look at his game-by-game USHL stats, specifically from March 9 onward. He and Compher were leading Team USA all season in scoring, but over the last nine games Motte had one goal and a horrible -15 rating (he had a +10 rating going in to that stretch). The only thing that changed is Compher got promoted to the U18 Team around March 9. Coincidence that Motte's bad streak to finish the season coincided with that?
didnt see this post prior, but for what its worth, Motte was playing through a leg injury (hamstring) that really hurt his end of the season...

he simply wasnt the same kid physically that he was in the beginning of the year. he couldnt turn as sharp as he did prior, his first 2 steps were slower then it was, as he simply couldnt put much pressure on his injured leg for push off and power...

we all noticed that this kid was playing through something, but when talking with a few of the Chicago Steel guys who know and talk with Motte and others, he was playing hurt...

I can believe that as the kid I saw at the beginning of the season physically simply looked like a different type of player by seasons end. scouts will know the difference between a healthy Motte and an injured one...the kid has top 20 talent, hopefully he can put it all together and reach that potential.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:22 PM
getyourselfsomerest

What are the main differences between Barkov, Monahan, and Lazar?

getyourselfsomerest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:40 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourselfsomerest View Post
What are the main differences between Barkov, Monahan, and Lazar?
Monahan is a big body offensive force who can beat you multiple ways. Picture a bigger version of Tyler Seguin.

Lazar is another solid frame player who has a great work ethic and a lethal shot. He also has a very good defensive game and never gives up on the play. Decent skater as well.

Barkov already has a NHL body and already has the hockey sense to play with very good minutes against men in Finland. He already has an amazing shutdown game that we saw during the WJC and will start producing heavy numbers when he gains more experience. Skating is definitely one of the things he needs to work on, but he has a ton of upside.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
In your opinion SEPH what's separating Barkov from MacKinnon? Is it just the skating or does Barkov have other holes in his game? Thx in advance.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2012, 10:57 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
In your opinion SEPH what's separating Barkov from MacKinnon? Is it just the skating or does Barkov have other holes in his game? Thx in advance.
I havent seen both players a lot, so i will let other posters comment as well, But.

Barkov has very little holes in his game already is a great all-around player. McKinnon probably has much better offensive talent and what separates both them is what Karlsson separates himself from other offensive defensemen. That is the ability of elusiveness at top speed with playmaking vision and the ability to read the play with high hockey sense. Barkov definitely has the hockey sense, but foot speed does slow him down compared to McKinnon.

In my summer rankings I currently have Jones 1st overall and Lazar over Barkov, but that might change when the season starts.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Scratchy

Yes, it's hard to truly evaluate guys when you can't see them. Stats only go so far after all (A guy on London scoring 80 points, getting 1st team PP time and playing 17 minutes a game may be a lot worse than a guy on Erie never getting PP time but scoring 80 with his coach and teammates).

Last edited by Scratchy: 08-12-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old
08-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Scratchy

So Canada won game one of Ivan Hlinka, I know MacKinnon and Lazar scored, Ritchie, Laplante into an empty net. Assists to MacKinnon(2), Drouin(2), Subban, Reinhart. Fucale in goal I think. Didn't see it.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:25 PM
Scratchy

Guess Canada won game two. Lots of silly penalty calls on both teams they say. Domi with 2 goals, MacKinnon, Lazar, Duclair, Klimchuk, Reinhart with the others. Morrisey 3, Domi/Lazar 2 assists, Horvat, Laplante, Duclair one each. Not sure if Fucale or Comrie was in net.

Old
08-15-2012, 08:10 AM
SkinsFan09

I think Ross Olsson will find his way into that next 20 or even the bottom of the first round.

SkinsFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote