HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Official 2013 NHL Mock Draft

Old
05-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Fozz

vCash: 500
I'm going to go all-in on Anthony Mantha and say he'll be a top-15 pick next year. He was simply dominant at the end of the season and will dominate the Q next year.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:42 PM
Scratchy

I don't know Mantha at all, but then again I've not seen anyone play, just read opinions and reports and so on. If I gave a list of who I'm most interested in for 2013 now, it'd be, in no great order, filled up with many of these guys and more: Hunter Shinkaruk, Morgan Klimchuk, Max Domi, Sean Monahan, Curtis Lazar, Nathan Mackinnon, Alex Forsberg, Connor Rankin, Mitchell Dempsey, Jordan Maletta, Ryan Pulock, Eric Roy, Nick Baptiste, Brent Pedersen, Jeremy Gregoire, Craig Leverton, Jay Merkley, William Carrier, Matt Needham, Jonathan Drouin, Ryan Kujawinski, Sasha Barkov, Seth Jones, Rychel, Erne, and that's about it for this minute!

Scratchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Breakfast of Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchy View Post
I don't know Mantha at all, but then again I've not seen anyone play, just read opinions and reports and so on. If I gave a list of who I'm most interested in for 2013 now, it'd be, in no great order, filled up with many of these guys and more: Hunter Shinkaruk, Morgan Klimchuk, Max Domi, Sean Monahan, Curtis Lazar, Nathan Mackinnon, Alex Forsberg, Connor Rankin, Mitchell Dempsey, Jordan Maletta, Ryan Pulock, Eric Roy, Nick Baptiste, Brent Pedersen, Jeremy Gregoire, Craig Leverton, Jay Merkley, William Carrier, Matt Needham, Jonathan Drouin, Ryan Kujawinski, Sasha Barkov, Seth Jones, Rychel, Erne, and that's about it for this minute!

There are definitely a lot of big names already emerging for this draft. The first few rounds seem talent filled, could be one of the best drafts post lockout.

Breakfast of Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:58 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnman10 View Post
There are definitely a lot of big names already emerging for this draft. The first few rounds seem talent filled, could be one of the best drafts post lockout.
Best one since 2003 IMHO. 2009 is really up there and so is 2006.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Sean Monahan will undoubtedly be a Captain.

I would be tempted to suck a whole year just to get him.

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Scratchy

Well, the year is done, now on to more speculation, tournaments like Ivan Hlinka, and see who rises to the top and either shows they can help a team win or have the talent to make a team better.

Scratchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:24 PM
ProScout

1st Installment of 2012-13 rankings posted

1st Installment of 2012-13 rankings posted

(refer to updated list on page 1)

ProScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:50 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

surprised to not see Tyler Motte in the top 30....

also surprised to see Keaton Thompson ahead of Steve Santini...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 07:55 AM
welcometothebigshow2

I don't understand why everybody consistly puts Duclair ahead of Drouin and Erne, and ranks Drouin so low. Drouin and Erne have much better potential for the pro game and are IMO better players right now. Mark my words, I know others have said it but, Drouin will be the Huberdeau of the draft. Everyone will see him as a mid first rounder, and then all of a sudden he will jump out and become a top five pick. Mark my words.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:27 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Luke Johnson ahead of Camarratta? Eeeeeek. I like Luke Johnson, but not that much.

Keaton Thompson ahead of McCoshen and Santini? Eeeeeeeeeek.

I do like the Michael Downing love though.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:59 AM
SpaceGhost79

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
surprised to not see Tyler Motte in the top 30....
I think Motte's stock dropped a bit at the end of last season. Look at his game-by-game USHL stats, specifically from March 9 onward. He and Compher were leading Team USA all season in scoring, but over the last nine games Motte had one goal and a horrible -15 rating (he had a +10 rating going in to that stretch). The only thing that changed is Compher got promoted to the U18 Team around March 9. Coincidence that Motte's bad streak to finish the season coincided with that?

SpaceGhost79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:19 AM
CrosKinnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
I don't understand why everybody consistly puts Duclair ahead of Drouin and Erne, and ranks Drouin so low. Drouin and Erne have much better potential for the pro game and are IMO better players right now. Mark my words, I know others have said it but, Drouin will be the Huberdeau of the draft. Everyone will see him as a mid first rounder, and then all of a sudden he will jump out and become a top five pick. Mark my words.
Agreed

Can someone explain to me why subban is so high? I don't even consider him first round at this point, or is it just my bias because I dont really like PK very much?

CrosKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosKinnon View Post
Agreed

Can someone explain to me why subban is so high? I don't even consider him first round at this point, or is it just my bias because I dont really like PK very much?
Ahh he's borderline. I don't have him in the first round just because of his size. I'd say he could turn out to be a decent offensive dman la John-Michael Liles. He'd need to grow a couple inches and gain 15-20 pounds before I'd consider him a first-rounder.

Patmac40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 11:43 AM
CrosKinnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
Ahh he's borderline. I don't have him in the first round just because of his size. I'd say he could turn out to be a decent offensive dman la John-Michael Liles. He'd need to grow a couple inches and gain 15-20 pounds before I'd consider him a first-rounder.
His size was the major issue for me too, he is fast though. I also only watched him a few times this year (not live) so Id rather hear an opinion from someone who has seen him play a lot.

CrosKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneurism View Post
Some interesting names not listed from the WHL: Kade Pilton, Ayrton Nickel, Jay Merkley, Carter Hansen, Josh Morrissey, Jared Hauf, Brian Williams

Man, this year is deep.
Maybe it's his hockey sense or the whole Victoria situation last year, where the whole team looked way better as individuals than as a team, but Pilton looks more like a skillset than a hockey player at this point.

Hardyvan123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosKinnon View Post
His size was the major issue for me too, he is fast though. I also only watched him a few times this year (not live) so Id rather hear an opinion from someone who has seen him play a lot.
I've seen him live a couple and watched him on TV a few times. My uncle keeps me up to date on guys in the O. He feels pretty much the same as I do. And you're right, he is a really good skater so that will definitely help his draft stock.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Lacaar

Hunter Shinkaruk's stat line there looks mighty impressive. Can he challenge for number 1?
49goals a year before his draft in the WHL seems insane.

Hockeydb lists him 5'10 so I guess he's a little on the smaller size. Not sure how old it is or how much they grow. He would probably play at average NHL size then?

Lacaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacaar View Post
Hunter Shinkaruk's stat line there looks mighty impressive. Can he challenge for number 1?
49goals a year before his draft in the WHL seems insane.

Hockeydb lists him 5'10 so I guess he's a little on the smaller size. Not sure how old it is or how much they grow. He would probably play at average NHL size then?
He has an outside shot, but it's still unlikely with Mackinnon and Jones being 1 and 2. The goal total is huge but don't forget that it was his second season in the WHL so he's already adjusted to everything already. And having a linemate like Emerson Etem surely doesn't hurt anything.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:13 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
All of this!I've been saying this for so long I thought I sounded like a broken record. Drouin is under-rated

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:21 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
All of this!I've been saying this for so long I thought I sounded like a broken record. Drouin is under-rated
Hard to be underrated when every single post you have is about him.

But him and Duclair are very similar in talent, and IMO I like Duclair a bit more as of now.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:23 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Hard to be underrated when every single post you have is about him.

But him and Duclair are very similar in talent, and IMO I like Duclair a bit more as of now.
Lol because he's ranked low on most mocks is why I don't stop talking about him.

And Duclair's speed is the only thing that I see that's ahead of Drouin right now.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:35 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Lol because he's ranked low on most mocks is why I don't stop talking about him.

And Duclair's speed is the only thing that I see that's ahead of Drouin right now.
Drouin started at mid-season and he also started slow. He'll eventually go up in the rankings as the season goes on if plays like he did in the playoffs.

Right now we have a small size sample.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:46 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:

I had him around 9-11, which is very reasonable.

If I had to compare,

Drouin = Voracek
Duclair = Duchene

Not in talent, but playing styles. I do like both players, but I really like Duclair's stickhandling more than Drouin as well.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 09:26 PM
TA1 Sports
@TA_Stephenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I had him around 9-11, which is very reasonable.

If I had to compare,

Drouin = Voracek
Duclair = Duchene

Not in talent, but playing styles. I do like both players, but I really like Duclair's stickhandling more than Drouin as well.
Those make absolutely no sense. Just don't see it. Duclair's stickhandling is what you like better? Drouin is far superior in that department. Not even debatable.

They're both great prospects, like them both a lot. But I really just don't get those comparisons in terms of style of play.

TA1 Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 09:29 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Duclair is more like Evander Kane.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote