HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LC Phil Di Giuseppe (2012, 38th, CAR)

Old
11-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Vatican Roulette
Baile de Los Locos

vCash: 500
LC Phil Di Giuseppe (2012, 38th, CAR)

Anyone got a scouting report on this kid? I haven't been out to a Michigan game yet, and I've not seen a thread on him here.

Also, his rights just got traded to Windsor. Any chance he bolts?

http://www.niagaraicedogs.net/articl...l-from-windsor

Thanks all.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:58 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

From @hockeyprospect (Mark Edwards founder of HP coached Di Giuseppe 2years ago and know the family well

Quote:
Dear U of fans, don't sweat the Phil Di Giuseppe rights being traded to the Spitfires today. He is a very happy Wolverine.
So as of now don't look like he would leave Michigan but you never know after the nhl draft.

Some video's of Di Giuseppe for those who haven't seen him played this yr with the Wolverines

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Vatican Roulette
Baile de Los Locos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
From @hockeyprospect (Mark Edwards founder of HP coached Di Giuseppe 2years ago and know the family well

So as of now don't look like he would leave Michigan but you never know after the nhl draft.

Some video's of Di Giuseppe for those who haven't seen him played this yr with the Wolverines
Thank you, and I like the site.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 03:59 PM
StormSurge9

You never know, espically with the way Windsor seems to get plenty of Americans to come play junior.

But as was posted, he seems happy to be a Wolverine. He is having a pretty good season so far and Michigan has looked like a very strong team in the early going (6-1-1)

StormSurge9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 05:38 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Di Giuseppe has been a very very pleasant surprise so far early in the season, had an excellent weekend vs. Ferris St. He was the CCHA Rookie of the Month, not bad considering he started the month as a 17 year old. I know because of age a lot of people liked Hyman more as an impact freshman, but no question it's been Di Giuseppe.

I'm heading to Ann Arbor in two weeks for the Ohio St. series. And then will try and catch a game the week after that when I'm in town to see the football game vs. Ohio St.

Can't wait for all these prospects to roll in the next couple of years. Very exciting time for UM hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
You never know, espically with the way Windsor seems to get plenty of Americans to come play junior.

But as was posted, he seems happy to be a Wolverine. He is having a pretty good season so far and Michigan has looked like a very strong team in the early going (6-1-1)
He is actually an Ontario kid. And most of the guys we have lost to the OHL left before ever stepping foot on campus, and it's rare for kids to leave midseason. We had that with Robbie Czarnik, but there was a lot more to that situation than just wanting to play hockey somewhere else. Robbie probably should have gone to the OHL from the start.

Usually once kids step on campus and experience what it's like to play at Yost and the whole college atmosphere they never want to leave.

Last edited by Herby: 11-04-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:05 AM
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner

From the FC's October Intro to the 2012 NHL Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Considerations
NAME: Phil Di Giuseppe
POSITION: Centre
VITALS: 6-1, 195 Lbs
2011-12 TEAM: Michigan Wolverines (CCHA)

NOTES: A big body that has plenty of room to continue to add strength to, Di Giuseppe has all the raw tools to develop into a highly effective power forward during his time in Ann Arbor, MI. Protects the puck well and works the boards hard, usually winning the puck. Has a good hard shot with a quick release that he uses while driving to the net. Hard to contain for less physical defenses as he keeps his feet moving and drives into dirty areas without hesitation. Yost Arena will be a hot spot for scouts as they watch the fluid skating bull power his way around the ice this season. Still plenty of room to grow but NHL potential is definitely evident.

DRAFT OUTLOOK: Was invited and played well at the NHL Research, Development and Orientation camp this past August as one of the draft top forwards. Some scouts have him as a first round selection while most slot him in the early second round range.

DanStewartFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 01:47 PM
hdtrax

^ Was about to mention that he was at the R&D camp earlier this year. Certainly on a lot of scout radars, already having a good start to the CCHA season.

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 01:55 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup View Post
From the FC's October Intro to the 2012 NHL Draft.
thanks for the info.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I know because of age a lot of people liked Hyman more as an impact freshman, but no question it's been Di Giuseppe.
A bit off topic, so my apologies. Just curious how Hyman has looked (padon the pun). Considering the numbers he put up in the OPJHL, I'm sure there's some rather lofty expectations for him at Michigan. Thanks.

Last edited by Woodhouse: 10-28-2015 at 01:29 PM. Reason: quote tag
Garyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:19 PM
StormSurge9

Quote:

Usually once kids step on campus and experience what it's like to play at Yost and the whole college atmosphere they never want to leave.
No doubt about that. But Windsor wouldn't trade for him if they weren't at least going to try and get him to come play Major Junior. Same with the fact that he may get pressure from whatever team drafts him (Although it doesn't happen often with guys already playing, the pressure usually comes with the prospects that have yet to play)

All this aside, I hope he stays. Big UM fan here (for all sports), and it's an exciting time for the Uni across the board.

StormSurge9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
A bit off topic, so my apologies. Just curious how Hyman has looked (padon the pun). Considering the numbers he put up in the OPJHL, I'm sure there's some rather lofty expectations for him at Michigan. Thanks.
Hyman has gotten off to a bit of a slow start adjusting to the college game. He hasn't been terrible by any stretch but I think some people thought he would step in and be one of our best offensive players based on him being a year older and with so much experience and production in Junior A.

I think he'll be fine though.

Last edited by Woodhouse: 10-28-2015 at 01:30 PM. Reason: quote tag
Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Hyman has gotten off to a bit of a slow start adjusting to the college game. He hasn't been terrible by any stretch but I think some people thought he would step in and be one of our best offensive players based on him being a year older and with so much experience and production in Junior A.

I think he'll be fine though.
Thanks for the input.

I saw the Michigan/Western Michigan game last night, and Hyman looked pretty good. Created the first goal and was strong on the puck. He looks a bit too upright when he skates, and was burned by the right defenseman on a nice fake for the winning goal, but he definitely had his moments last night. Di Gueseppe looks like an elite skater, and threw his weight around pretty well when the opportunity presented itself.

Last edited by Woodhouse: 10-28-2015 at 01:30 PM. Reason: quote tag
Garyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
More Di Giuseppe on his decision to go the college route, among other topics in our latest feature with him:

Quote:
“The biggest [reason] is the strength difference compared to juniors so preparing for the NHL strength wise the college route is better so that’s why I chose to come and develop [through the college game],” Di Giuseppe said. “The speed is another big difference; everyone can skate in Division I hockey.”
http://futureconsiderations.ca/di-gi...ollege-choice/

Aaron Vickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:41 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

My video compilation on Di Giuseppe

http://www.hockeyprospect.tv/2012/06...-giuseppe.html

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Sturgeon's Law

So how did di Giuseppe look this year as a Wolverine? How has his development come along?

Finlandia WOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2015, 08:04 AM
HOCKEY_GURU

thought this guy might deserve some discussion 8 points in 8 games AHL
anyone seen him play ? does the NHL look like its in his future?

HOCKEY_GURU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2015, 01:51 PM
fst6
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

vCash: 50
It's an impressive start, but a lot of stuff has been happening in the A that probably won't last. Budaj with the .955