11-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 500
Never thought I would see Antropov as our leading scorer

Old
11-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Hamonic would look great in a Jet's jersey. (Especially tonight)

Old
11-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Hamonic would look great in a Jet's jersey. (Especially tonight)
It won't surprise me if Hamonic is the best player on the ice tonight, he is that good. He is also a homeboy, and honestly, I'd trade pretty much anyone on our D for him. The kid has shown an amazing amount at such a young age.

GO JETS GO

Old
11-03-2011, 12:06 PM
PostmanPat1919

Quote:
WFPEdTait Ed Tait

#winnipegjets morning skate d-pairings: Buff/Jones, Flood/Oduya, Festerling/Bogosian
https://twitter.com/#!/WFPEdTait/sta...19940193976323

God help us all.

Old
11-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmanPat1919 View Post
Holy crap that is awful!

Old
11-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Rheged
JMFT

Gotta hope Byfuglien reigns it in a little bit tonight, obviously he won't be insulated as well playing with Jones.. I was a little surprised that Flood got the call over Kulda/Postma, but I guess Noel and the rest of the staff are probably pretty familiar with him after last year, he's been a solid minor leaguer for a few years so hopefully he can play a simple defensively focused game.

2-1 Jets.

Old
11-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Bwahahaha at our D!

Funnily enough the worst D man on the ice won't be on our team.

Steve Staios was god awful his last 2 years in Edmonton and is now just older and slower.

Look for the ridiculous move where he gets the puck on the end boards in his own zone, does a sad little turn back and pretty much pins himself against the boards till someone gets the puck away from him.

He is awful.

11-03-2011, 12:24 PM
PostmanPat1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
Gotta hope Byfuglien reigns it in a little bit tonight, obviously he won't be insulated as well playing with Jones.. I was a little surprised that Flood got the call over Kulda/Postma, but I guess Noel and the rest of the staff are probably pretty familiar with him after last year, he's been a solid minor leaguer for a few years so hopefully he can play a simple defensively focused game.

2-1 Jets.
Flood could surprise, he was certainly a big game performer for the Manitoba Moose last season. Management certainly thinks he potentially has NHL upside and last season he demonstrated some offensive spark to his game. At this point I'm hoping, rather then expecting, however.

Old
11-03-2011, 12:31 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
I thought Halloween was over! Stop with the scary stuff

Old
11-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Thanks for the D lines, I should've just left it at "N/A".

11-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Westender
Flying W

Quote:
Oh dear god. Might as well just put Stapleton on the point all game

I'm going to go with 5-2 Isles, Buff is -3.

Old
11-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Fidel Astro

I think the scariest thing here is that the Jets have played two more games than the Isles and there's only a point difference in the standings. If the Islanders win this one, they're in a pretty good position, and we look especially crappy.

Is there any confirmation that Stuart isn't playing? I read in the Sun this morning that he was a maybe, and that they'll play him if Noel decides he's up to it. I think it said that Stuart himself would prefer to just play through the injury.

Somehow I feel a lot more comfortable knowing there's a guy on our d-line with no qualms about stopping pucks with his face if need be. Stuart is probably my favourite Jet right now. If he's out tonight, along with Enstrom and Hainsey, that's pretty rough.

Who knows, though. Maybe one of the St. John's guys will step up and play so well that Byfuglien can move back up to forward (wishful thinking).

Old
11-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Dropthegloves88

soooo over seeing stapleton fly around doing absolutely nothing.

Old
11-03-2011, 12:51 PM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

That should be the IceCaps' defense corps... Honestly, sometimes these call-ups play over their heads for a game or two while the adrenaline is high before they start to show their warts after they settle in. I'm hoping we can survive these next three games... especially since we don't defend as a group very well as it is.

Old
11-03-2011, 12:52 PM
PostmanPat1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel Astro View Post
I think the scariest thing here is that the Jets have played two more games than the Isles and there's only a point difference in the standings. If the Islanders win this one, they're in a pretty good position, and we look especially crappy.

Is there any confirmation that Stuart isn't playing? I read in the Sun this morning that he was a maybe, and that they'll play him if Noel decides he's up to it. I think it said that Stuart himself would prefer to just play through the injury.

Somehow I feel a lot more comfortable knowing there's a guy on our d-line with no qualms about stopping pucks with his face if need be. Stuart is probably my favourite Jet right now. If he's out tonight, along with Enstrom and Hainsey, that's pretty rough.

Who knows, though. Maybe one of the St. John's guys will step up and play so well that Byfuglien can move back up to forward (wishful thinking).
https://twitter.com/#!/WiebeSunSport...36233768980480

Quote:
WiebeSunSports Ken Wiebe

Official word from #winnipegjets HC Claude Noel on Stuart: "It doesn't look like he's a player for tonight and he's day-to-day after that."
Seems like Stuart's out for tonight.

Old
11-03-2011, 12:55 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1000
Hmm... This will be interesting. I still think we can pull this one out.

Old
11-03-2011, 12:59 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:
Wish I had read this before I put 23 vCash on the Isles. Would've more then doubled that. Oh god please help us.

Old
11-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
It won't surprise me if Hamonic is the best player on the ice tonight, he is that good. He is also a homeboy, and honestly, I'd trade pretty much anyone on our D for him. The kid has shown an amazing amount at such a young age.

GO JETS GO

Hamonic hasn't had a great start to the year. Not bad by any means but he hasn't been as scary good as he was near the end of last year. He's the Isles 3rd best dman right now behind Streit and McDonald.

Old
11-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
Hamonic hasn't had a great start to the year. Not bad by any means but he hasn't been as scary good as he was near the end of last year. He's the Isles 3rd best dman right now behind Streit and McDonald.
I know he's not been as dominant off the hop this year, but I wouldn't bet against him having another amazing season. The kid basically just turned 21 and is already logging between 23 and 25 minutes on ice each night.

Old
11-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Le Golie

Yeesh. With no Stuart, Hainsey or Enstrom I think Tavares is going to run wild on us. He is going to open a lot of eyes. I honestly don't know which d pair can match up with him either.... One of Tavares or Grabner/Nielsen/Okposo is going to face Buff and Jones or Flood and Oduya all night and that is... horrifying.

Old
11-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Yeesh. With no Stuart, Hainsey or Enstrom I think Tavares is going to run wild on us. He is going to open a lot of eyes. I honestly don't know which d pair can match up with him either.... One of Tavares or Grabner/Nielsen/Okposo is going to face Buff and Jones or Flood and Oduya all night and that is... horrifying.
Guess we will just have to outscore them!

We do have our own secret super scoring weapon....

KYLE WELLWOOD!!! : dumbo:

Last edited by Jet: 11-03-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old
11-03-2011, 01:18 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Quote:
In Pav's we trust

In fairness it is hard to lose 3 of our top 4 D at the same time (if Stuart is out).

Old
11-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I honestly hope Stu is allowed to play through it. We need that man.

Old
11-03-2011, 01:29 PM
PostmanPat1919

Personally I would have considered going with this as defensive pairings:

Bogosian - Byfuglien
Oduya - Jones
Festerling - Flood

Oduya and Jones have been OK together thus far and Festerling and Flood are team mates from St. John's. To my knowledge they weren't paired together, but it isn't like they'd have more chemistry paired with Bogosian and Oduya, respectively. Bogosian and Byfuglien are both right-handed shots, but whatever. Bogo's playing well at the moment, and hopefully he'll put up some solid performances while logging big big time minutes. Buff is Buff, and there isn't much else to say about that. Maybe Bogosian will be able to manage him as well as Enstrom does. Maybe not.

Old
11-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Furkmyster

Quote:
McDonald hasn't been better than Hamonic this year so far. I don't think mentally he is fully over the hip surgery in the off-season. I think in the New Year he will be back to what he was last year before the injury.

Closed Thread