HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Bills '04 Season Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2004, 03:00 AM
TVanek26*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Where are the Donahoe supporters now?17-35,remember that.I told you he was garbage but I got barraged by people on this board saying he was great.Guess I was right on that recycled Steeler trash we have has GM.

Old
10-11-2004, 09:20 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Where are the Donahoe supporters now?17-35,remember that.I told you he was garbage but I got barraged by people on this board saying he was great.Guess I was right on that recycled Steeler trash we have has GM.
Blaming the GM is easy, isn't it.

Horrible penalties and missed assignments are not personnel issues. It's mental mistakes, the talent is there. The only thing I blame Donahoe for is keeping the OL at status quo.

Old
10-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21

Horrible penalties and missed assignments are not personnel issues. It's mental mistakes, the talent is there. The only thing I blame Donahoe for is keeping the OL at status quo.
Penalties and missed assignments are personnel issues. Coaches are the personnel hired to minimize those issues. Donahoe's ego won't allow him to hire a strong coach, and we're looking at the end result. Ultimately we should blame Ralph Wilson for hiring Donahoe, but no one's going to fire Wilson.

There's also multitude of player personnel problems.The inability of the Bills DL to generate a pass rush has to be considered as serious a problem as the OL. There's no "go to" WR besides Moulds since Price left. I hope Evans will get there. There's no threat from the TE position or out of the backfield. McGahee could change that and maybe that rookie TE will develop, but Bledsoe's got to have those dump off options for this new offense to succeed.

Old
10-11-2004, 11:40 AM
TVanek26*

Quote:

Donahoe could have addressed the QB and OL situation and he didn't.I fully blame him also for bringing in more Steeler trash in Mularkey.I never forgave Donahoe for bringing Gregg Williams over Marvin Lewis.

Old
10-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Takeo

Quote:
I never forgave Donahoe for bringing Gregg Williams over Marvin Lewis.
I agree with you there. You can toss John Fox into that mix as well. It took him three seasons to reach the Super Bowl. Yeah, unbelievable.

Old
10-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Uh, has anyone else noticed Cincy and Carolina's records this season?

Maybe we shouldn't be jumping the gun on Lewis and Fox just yet.

Old
10-11-2004, 12:43 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007
Uh, has anyone else noticed Cincy and Carolina's records this season?

Maybe we shouldn't be jumping the gun on Lewis and Fox just yet.
Lewis and Fox have already achieved more than Williams did at the helm. The Bills regressed under Williams.

As for Mularkey, it's waaaaaay too early to pull the plug on him. I think he'll develop into a great coach.

Old
10-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Lewis and Fox have already achieved more than Williams did at the helm. The Bills regressed under Williams.

As for Mularkey, it's waaaaaay too early to pull the plug on him. I think he'll develop into a great coach.

Fox yes.

Right now Lewis has accomplished exactly the same as Williams. They've both had an 8-8 season and this year's Bengals aren't looking all that impressive so far. I've been wary of him since the year he spent as def coor in Washington with one of the most overrated, lackluster and underwhelming units I've seen in my short years. I'm not nearly as sold on him as I was when he was a candidate four years ago.

Old
10-13-2004, 01:53 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

WGR reports that Bobby Shaw was told to clean out his locker and prepare to be traded or released by 4pm today.

Old
10-13-2004, 02:06 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
WGR reports that Bobby Shaw was told to clean out his locker and prepare to be traded or released by 4pm today.
So the #4 receiver is to blame? THAT explains everything....

10-13-2004, 03:02 PM
Takeo

As per Howard, Bobby Shaw has been released. JP Losman is practicing. Henry not practicing with foot injury. Donahoe has stated that McGahee is coming on strong. The shift is gradual but it is occuring. Hopefully, we can get a #2 for Henry.

Old
10-13-2004, 03:06 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

Apparantly he's been released and the Bills told him they want to go in another direction (hopefully up). He always seemed like a solid professional to me.

Old
10-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Apparantly he's been released and the Bills told him they want to go in another direction (hopefully up). He always seemed like a solid professional to me.
Same here. I hope it was so he can go somewhere else and be successful.

Being a Buffalo sports fan right now.... :mad:

Old
10-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Takeo

I'm sure the Lions have Bobby's cell #. No worries.

Old
10-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Finally a win....

Old
10-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Beakermania*

McGahee looked Awesome today. 104 of his 111 yards came after first contact with a defender. He looked ready to be the number 1 guy. Even if Travis is healthy Id have to say that you start him again next week and see if he is the real deal as I believe or he fails and you put travis back in. We need to know what we have in Willis so we can trade travis at the end of the season.

Old
10-18-2004, 02:51 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
props to Buff.

better start preparing early, we gots Baltimore this sunday.there D is amazing.

What do you think the odds are of Buffalo acquiring Jerry Rice to fill in for Shaw...

Old
10-18-2004, 03:09 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
McGahee looked Awesome today. 104 of his 111 yards came after first contact with a defender. He looked ready to be the number 1 guy. Even if Travis is healthy Id have to say that you start him again next week and see if he is the real deal as I believe or he fails and you put travis back in. We need to know what we have in Willis so we can trade travis at the end of the season.

Quote:
The NFL trading deadline is Tuesday. Donahoe should at least find out if anyone is interested in Henry. Maybe Oakland is desperate enough to give up a first-round pick for a back of Henry's caliber.

The longer the Bills wait, the greater the chance that Henry's trade value drops. He has been injured twice since the start of camp. He went to the wrong hole on the most disastrous play of the season. He has a history of fumbling. These things add up. If he starts splitting time with McGahee, that won't do much for his trade value, either.
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...18/1062854.asp

Jerry Sullivan raises a good point. It's going to be especially difficult to get good value this offseason as Miami will be shopping Ricky Williams cheap (or he could even end up being an UFA), and it's unlikely the Colts will be able to keep Edgerrin James with Manning and Harrison's contracts. I expect Miami to end up landing James for a 1st rounder.

It doesn't look like Sam Adams is going to be a Bill much longer.
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...18/1060388.asp
Quote:
After a Morris run late in the first quarter, Bills coaches tried to replace Adams with Justin Bannan, but Adams refused to come off the field. Bannan ended up replacing Pat Williams.

Adams eventually came to the sideline, where he had a heated exchange with defensive coordinator Jerry Gray and defensive line coach Tim Krumrie.
It's looked to me that Adams has just been going through the motions since the 2nd game of last season, which isn't that bad considering he takes up so much space. But the Bills can't have that from someone who's supposed to be providing leadership. It would be different if the Bills were a contender and had just picked up Adams to fill a hole. Donahoe should be on the phone trying to deal Henry AND Adams to Dallas or Oakland for a first rounder. Dallas is doing ok with running back by committee, but Parcells loves to have a workhorse that'll carry the ball 25-30 times a game.

Old
10-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Takeo

Per Howard, Lawyer Milloy has been cleared to play this Sunday!

Old
10-20-2004, 04:25 PM
TVanek26*

Finally.I wonder if Vincent will also play...

Old
10-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Finally.I wonder if Vincent will also play...
No mention of Vincent. Should be another week or two.

Henry practiced but remains questionable. Jennings is probable...although Marcus Price was impressive last week regardless. Teague is doubtful. Hopefully, Tucker will never relinquish the starting center spot.

Old
10-20-2004, 04:56 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

Geez, Vincent, Milloy, Adams, Bledsoe... I think I now realize why I'm not such a big Bills fan anymore. I HATE these players, formers phins and pats ewwwww. Our homegrown "stars", Henry and Moulds, aren't much to get enthused about either, one being convicted of having sex with a 15 year old girl, and the other having to be dragged into court to pay child support. I'm not overly fond of the showboating and whining to the referees that so many of our Bills are proficient at either, especially Moulds and Spikes. Maybe I'm unique here, but I find this a really hard team to like. It's pretty bad when Brian Moorman and Pat Williams are my favorite players.

Old
10-20-2004, 07:54 PM
Weezel RX7

Send a message via AIM to Weezel RX7
Quote:
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...18/1062854.asp

Jerry Sullivan raises a good point. It's going to be especially difficult to get good value this offseason as Miami will be shopping Ricky Williams cheap (or he could even end up being an UFA), and it's unlikely the Colts will be able to keep Edgerrin James with Manning and Harrison's contracts. I expect Miami to end up landing James for a 1st rounder.

It doesn't look like Sam Adams is going to be a Bill much longer.
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...18/1060388.asp

It's looked to me that Adams has just been going through the motions since the 2nd game of last season, which isn't that bad considering he takes up so much space. But the Bills can't have that from someone who's supposed to be providing leadership. It would be different if the Bills were a contender and had just picked up Adams to fill a hole. Donahoe should be on the phone trying to deal Henry AND Adams to Dallas or Oakland for a first rounder. Dallas is doing ok with running back by committee, but Parcells loves to have a workhorse that'll carry the ball 25-30 times a game.
Ricky Williams shouldnt be allowed to play until 2006 anyways. his year off shouldnt uphold his suspension. the nflpa said he can not come back this season. so 2 years off will be killer on him. i dont care how good a player u are.

Old
10-20-2004, 09:58 PM
jpb

Quote:
Geez, Vincent, Milloy, Adams, Bledsoe... I think I now realize why I'm not such a big Bills fan anymore. I HATE these players, formers phins and pats ewwwww. Our homegrown "stars", Henry and Moulds, aren't much to get enthused about either, one being convicted of having sex with a 15 year old girl, and the other having to be dragged into court to pay child support. I'm not overly fond of the showboating and whining to the referees that so many of our Bills are proficient at either, especially Moulds and Spikes. Maybe I'm unique here, but I find this a really hard team to like. It's pretty bad when Brian Moorman and Pat Williams are my favorite players.
Huh... I don't really have much of a problem with the team as constituted, as far as where the folks are coming from. A good player's a good player, IMO.

As far as the whining, ref baiting and showboating, that's something that seems pretty much endemic throughout the league. A guy makes a first down when his team is down 20 with 2 minutes to play and celebrates like he just scored the winning touchdown in the superbowl. It'd be nice to see the players just play the game for a change.

Old
10-24-2004, 01:49 PM
TVanek26*

On to the Cards because we ain't winning this game...1 and ****ing 5.

Closed Thread