HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Bills '04 Season Thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-11-2004, 03:00 AM
  #76
TVanek26*
 
TVanek26*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Buffalo,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,583
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Where are the Donahoe supporters now?17-35,remember that.I told you he was garbage but I got barraged by people on this board saying he was great.Guess I was right on that recycled Steeler trash we have has GM.

TVanek26* is offline  
Old
10-11-2004, 09:20 AM
  #77
Takeo
Registered User
 
Takeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 19,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Where are the Donahoe supporters now?17-35,remember that.I told you he was garbage but I got barraged by people on this board saying he was great.Guess I was right on that recycled Steeler trash we have has GM.
Blaming the GM is easy, isn't it.

Horrible penalties and missed assignments are not personnel issues. It's mental mistakes, the talent is there. The only thing I blame Donahoe for is keeping the OL at status quo.

Takeo is offline  
Old
10-11-2004, 10:46 AM
  #78
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster
 
Buffaloed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,953
vCash: 1738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Blaming the GM is easy, isn't it.

Horrible penalties and missed assignments are not personnel issues. It's mental mistakes, the talent is there. The only thing I blame Donahoe for is keeping the OL at status quo.
Penalties and missed assignments are personnel issues. Coaches are the personnel hired to minimize those issues. Donahoe's ego won't allow him to hire a strong coach, and we're looking at the end result. Ultimately we should blame Ralph Wilson for hiring Donahoe, but no one's going to fire Wilson.

There's also multitude of player personnel problems.The inability of the Bills DL to generate a pass rush has to be considered as serious a problem as the OL. There's no "go to" WR besides Moulds since Price left. I hope Evans will get there. There's no threat from the TE position or out of the backfield. McGahee could change that and maybe that rookie TE will develop, but Bledsoe's got to have those dump off options for this new offense to succeed.

Buffaloed is offline  
Old
10-11-2004, 11:40 AM
  #79
TVanek26*
 
TVanek26*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Buffalo,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,583
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Blaming the GM is easy, isn't it.

Horrible penalties and missed assignments are not personnel issues. It's mental mistakes, the talent is there. The only thing I blame Donahoe for is keeping the OL at status quo.
Donahoe could have addressed the QB and OL situation and he didn't.I fully blame him also for bringing in more Steeler trash in Mularkey.I never forgave Donahoe for bringing Gregg Williams over Marvin Lewis.

TVanek26* is offline  
Old
10-11-2004, 12:23 PM
  #80
Takeo
Registered User
 
Takeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 19,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
I never forgave Donahoe for bringing Gregg Williams over Marvin Lewis.
I agree with you there. You can toss John Fox into that mix as well. It took him three seasons to reach the Super Bowl. Yeah, unbelievable.

Takeo is offline  
Old
10-11-2004, 12:31 PM
  #81
Ruckus007
Said too much
 
Ruckus007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Huntington, WV
Posts: 7,358
vCash: 500
Uh, has anyone else noticed Cincy and Carolina's records this season?


Maybe we shouldn't be jumping the gun on Lewis and Fox just yet.

Ruckus007 is offline  
Old
10-11-2004, 12:43 PM
  #82
Takeo
Registered User
 
Takeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 19,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007
Uh, has anyone else noticed Cincy and Carolina's records this season?


Maybe we shouldn't be jumping the gun on Lewis and Fox just yet.
Lewis and Fox have already achieved more than Williams did at the helm. The Bills regressed under Williams.

As for Mularkey, it's waaaaaay too early to pull the plug on him. I think he'll develop into a great coach.

Takeo is offline  
Old
10-11-2004, 02:57 PM
  #83
Ruckus007
Said too much
 
Ruckus007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Huntington, WV
Posts: 7,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Lewis and Fox have already achieved more than Williams did at the helm. The Bills regressed under Williams.

As for Mularkey, it's waaaaaay too early to pull the plug on him. I think he'll develop into a great coach.

Fox yes.

Right now Lewis has accomplished exactly the same as Williams. They've both had an 8-8 season and this year's Bengals aren't looking all that impressive so far. I've been wary of him since the year he spent as def coor in Washington with one of the most overrated, lackluster and underwhelming units I've seen in my short years. I'm not nearly as sold on him as I was when he was a candidate four years ago.

Ruckus007 is offline  
Old
10-13-2004, 01:53 PM
  #84
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster
 
Buffaloed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,953
vCash: 1738
WGR reports that Bobby Shaw was told to clean out his locker and prepare to be traded or released by 4pm today.

Buffaloed is offline  
Old
10-13-2004, 02:06 PM
  #85
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,940
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
WGR reports that Bobby Shaw was told to clean out his locker and prepare to be traded or released by 4pm today.
So the #4 receiver is to blame? THAT explains everything....

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline  
Old
10-13-2004, 03:02 PM
  #86
Takeo
Registered User
 
Takeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 19,012
vCash: 500
As per Howard, Bobby Shaw has been released. JP Losman is practicing. Henry not practicing with foot injury. Donahoe has stated that McGahee is coming on strong. The shift is gradual but it is occuring. Hopefully, we can get a #2 for Henry.

Takeo is offline  
Old
10-13-2004, 03:06 PM
  #87
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster
 
Buffaloed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,953
vCash: 1738
Apparantly he's been released and the Bills told him they want to go in another direction (hopefully up). He always seemed like a solid professional to me.

Buffaloed is offline  
Old
10-13-2004, 03:07 PM
  #88
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,940
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
Apparantly he's been released and the Bills told him they want to go in another direction (hopefully up). He always seemed like a solid professional to me.
Same here. I hope it was so he can go somewhere else and be successful.

Being a Buffalo sports fan right now.... :mad:

Chainshot is offline  
Old
10-13-2004, 03:10 PM
  #89
Takeo
Registered User
 
Takeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 19,012
vCash: 500
I'm sure the Lions have Bobby's cell #. No worries.

Takeo is offline  
Old
10-17-2004, 06:13 PM
  #90
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,940
vCash: 500
Awards:
Finally a win....

Chainshot is offline  
Old
10-17-2004, 08:04 PM
  #91
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
McGahee looked Awesome today. 104 of his 111 yards came after first contact with a defender. He looked ready to be the number 1 guy. Even if Travis is healthy Id have to say that you start him again next week and see if he is the real deal as I believe or he fails and you put travis back in. We need to know what we have in Willis so we can trade travis at the end of the season.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
10-18-2004, 02:51 PM
  #92
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,153
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
props to Buff.

better start preparing early, we gots Baltimore this sunday.there D is amazing.








What do you think the odds are of Buffalo acquiring Jerry Rice to fill in for Shaw...


JOHNBOY is offline  
Old
10-18-2004, 03:09 PM
  #93
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster
 
Buffaloed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,953
vCash: 1738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
McGahee looked Awesome today. 104 of his 111 yards came after first contact with a defender. He looked ready to be the number 1 guy. Even if Travis is healthy Id have to say that you start him again next week and see if he is the real deal as I believe or he fails and you put travis back in. We need to know what we have in Willis so we can trade travis at the end of the season.

Quote:
The NFL trading deadline is Tuesday. Donahoe should at least find out if anyone is interested in Henry. Maybe Oakland is desperate enough to give up a first-round pick for a back of Henry's caliber.

The longer the Bills wait, the greater the chance that Henry's trade value drops. He has been injured twice since the start of camp. He went to the wrong hole on the most disastrous play of the season. He has a history of fumbling. These things add up. If he starts splitting time with McGahee, that won't do much for his trade value, either.
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...18/1062854.asp

Jerry Sullivan raises a good point. It's going to be especially difficult to get good value this offseason as Miami will be shopping Ricky Williams cheap (or he could even end up being an UFA), and it's unlikely the Colts will be able to keep Edgerrin James with Manning and Harrison's contracts. I expect Miami to end up landing James for a 1st rounder.

It doesn't look like Sam Adams is going to be a Bill much longer.
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...18/1060388.asp
Quote:
After a Morris run late in the first quarter, Bills coaches tried to replace Adams with Justin Bannan, but Adams refused to come off the field. Bannan ended up replacing Pat Williams.

Adams eventually came to the sideline, where he had a heated exchange with defensive coordinator Jerry Gray and defensive line coach Tim Krumrie.
It's looked to me that Adams has just been going through the motions since the 2nd game of last season, which isn't that bad considering he takes up so much space. But the Bills can't have that from someone who's supposed to be providing leadership. It would be different if the Bills were a contender and had just picked up Adams to fill a hole. Donahoe should be on the phone trying to deal Henry AND Adams to Dallas or Oakland for a first rounder. Dallas is doing ok with running back by committee, but Parcells loves to have a workhorse that'll carry the ball 25-30 times a game.

Buffaloed is offline  
Old
10-20-2004, 04:23 PM
  #94
Takeo
Registered User
 
Takeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 19,012
vCash: 500
Per Howard, Lawyer Milloy has been cleared to play this Sunday!

Takeo is offline  
Old
10-20-2004, 04:25 PM
  #95
TVanek26*
 
TVanek26*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Buffalo,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,583
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Finally.I wonder if Vincent will also play...

TVanek26* is offline  
Old
10-20-2004, 04:35 PM
  #96
Takeo
Registered User
 
Takeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 19,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Finally.I wonder if Vincent will also play...
No mention of Vincent. Should be another week or two.

Henry practiced but remains questionable. Jennings is probable...although Marcus Price was impressive last week regardless. Teague is doubtful. Hopefully, Tucker will never relinquish the starting center spot.

Takeo is offline  
Old
10-20-2004, 04:56 PM
  #97
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster
 
Buffaloed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,953
vCash: 1738
Geez, Vincent, Milloy, Adams, Bledsoe... I think I now realize why I'm not such a big Bills fan anymore. I HATE these players, formers phins and pats ewwwww. Our homegrown "stars", Henry and Moulds, aren't much to get enthused about either, one being convicted of having sex with a 15 year old girl, and the other having to be dragged into court to pay child support. I'm not overly fond of the showboating and whining to the referees that so many of our Bills are proficient at either, especially Moulds and Spikes. Maybe I'm unique here, but I find this a really hard team to like. It's pretty bad when Brian Moorman and Pat Williams are my favorite players.

Buffaloed is offline  
Old
10-20-2004, 07:54 PM
  #98
Weezel RX7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bristol CT
Posts: 1,136
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Weezel RX7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...18/1062854.asp

Jerry Sullivan raises a good point. It's going to be especially difficult to get good value this offseason as Miami will be shopping Ricky Williams cheap (or he could even end up being an UFA), and it's unlikely the Colts will be able to keep Edgerrin James with Manning and Harrison's contracts. I expect Miami to end up landing James for a 1st rounder.

It doesn't look like Sam Adams is going to be a Bill much longer.
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...18/1060388.asp


It's looked to me that Adams has just been going through the motions since the 2nd game of last season, which isn't that bad considering he takes up so much space. But the Bills can't have that from someone who's supposed to be providing leadership. It would be different if the Bills were a contender and had just picked up Adams to fill a hole. Donahoe should be on the phone trying to deal Henry AND Adams to Dallas or Oakland for a first rounder. Dallas is doing ok with running back by committee, but Parcells loves to have a workhorse that'll carry the ball 25-30 times a game.
Ricky Williams shouldnt be allowed to play until 2006 anyways. his year off shouldnt uphold his suspension. the nflpa said he can not come back this season. so 2 years off will be killer on him. i dont care how good a player u are.

Weezel RX7 is offline  
Old
10-20-2004, 09:58 PM
  #99
jpb
Registered User
 
jpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Thebes
Posts: 4,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
Geez, Vincent, Milloy, Adams, Bledsoe... I think I now realize why I'm not such a big Bills fan anymore. I HATE these players, formers phins and pats ewwwww. Our homegrown "stars", Henry and Moulds, aren't much to get enthused about either, one being convicted of having sex with a 15 year old girl, and the other having to be dragged into court to pay child support. I'm not overly fond of the showboating and whining to the referees that so many of our Bills are proficient at either, especially Moulds and Spikes. Maybe I'm unique here, but I find this a really hard team to like. It's pretty bad when Brian Moorman and Pat Williams are my favorite players.
Huh... I don't really have much of a problem with the team as constituted, as far as where the folks are coming from. A good player's a good player, IMO.

As far as the whining, ref baiting and showboating, that's something that seems pretty much endemic throughout the league. A guy makes a first down when his team is down 20 with 2 minutes to play and celebrates like he just scored the winning touchdown in the superbowl. It'd be nice to see the players just play the game for a change.

jpb is offline  
Old
10-24-2004, 01:49 PM
  #100
TVanek26*
 
TVanek26*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Buffalo,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,583
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
On to the Cards because we ain't winning this game...1 and ****ing 5.

TVanek26* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.