HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toronto at Columbus | 11.3.11 7PM EDT | "Movember"

Old
11-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Palinka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Both the coach and GM have to go. If you're going to go for one, go for the other and clean house. Fresh faces all the way around. I'd also look into getting a goalie. Mason clearly doesn't have it, and may never regain his rookie season form.
That'd be a great message for Jeff Carter, right? He already didn't want to report initially, some moves were made, and then to go ahead and blow everything up at this point.

Trust me on this. If you don't think it can get worse, it can get a LOT worse. What's often forgotten or ignored is that teams and players aren't lines of stats or printed names, they're real people. Would Prospal ever consider re-signing with a team that fires a coach and GM this soon into a season when there have been a ton of injuries? Would Carter actually hurry to come back, and would he actually be quiet and play instead of publicly demanding a trade? Would any free agents in the future ever want to sign with this team?

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:03 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

How the heck does a Thundering Herd fan end up in TO?!?

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:05 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Watched glimpses of the game tonight. As a panthers fan i know how you guys feel. We have been dealing with it for the last decade of mediocrity. The blue jackets have a good core moving forward. Salvage the season and if not hope for the draft! It only gets better from here!

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:06 AM
wahsnairb

back from the game... and disappointed as always when I return :/

1) Toronto fans are awesome.. great support of their team and know what its like to love a loser so they aren't nearly as obnoxious as you'd expect. More knowledgeable than most as well.

2) second and fourth goal by mason.. unacceptable.. I was okay with the first bad one because he made an unbelievable stop to cancel it out, but the last made me spike a beer. thankfully we got the tickets for free so it canceled out.

3) my crush for Nash is dying and that is more disappointing than our season

4) there are bright spots to take away, but who cares anymore.. just stay consistent so we can finally change this team and hopefully get a game-changer.

wahsnairb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:08 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
Watched glimpses of the game tonight. As a panthers fan i know how you guys feel. We have been dealing with it for the last decade of mediocrity. The blue jackets have a good core moving forward. Salvage the season and if not hope for the draft! It only gets better from here!
And what do we have in common?

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:10 AM
Palinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
And what do we have in common?
Color scheme and always being named by TSN message board idiots as "need to relocate"?

Old
11-04-2011, 12:12 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palinka View Post
Color scheme and always being named by TSN message board idiots as "need to relocate"?
Yes and a good core moving forward!

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Hilliardsw55
Johnson!

Quote:
Yes and a good core moving forward!
And according to Canada, we're both in the Sun Belt!

Hilliardsw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:26 AM
BluejacketNut

Even an average goalie gives us a chance to win that game. Mason needs to go to the AHL, he is not an NHL goalie...no one's going to claim him, and if they do, THANK YOU!

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Pluckfur

Quote:
That'd be a great message for Jeff Carter, right? He already didn't want to report initially, some moves were made, and then to go ahead and blow everything up at this point.

Trust me on this. If you don't think it can get worse, it can get a LOT worse. What's often forgotten or ignored is that teams and players aren't lines of stats or printed names, they're real people. Would Prospal ever consider re-signing with a team that fires a coach and GM this soon into a season when there have been a ton of injuries? Would Carter actually hurry to come back, and would he actually be quiet and play instead of publicly demanding a trade? Would any free agents in the future ever want to sign with this team?
If you think Jeff Carter had get dealt to the CBJ to know that he didn't want to play here for a loser GM and a loser franchise ... well, you got another thing coming.

Carter is locked in his bedroom weeping - frantically fantasizing about dropping a full jar of pickles on his GOOD foot so he doesn't have to play for this hot mess of a team.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Yipes. When Panthers fans feel sorry for you (and rightfully so) - you know the "stuff" has officially hit the fan.

I got to watch the end (and OT) of the Panthers/Hawks tonight - great game, exciting and hard fought. Your new ownership and management certainly have given the Panthers fans reason for hope. Good luck this season to all y'all.

Old
11-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Palinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
If you think Jeff Carter had get dealt to the CBJ to know that he didn't want to play here for a loser GM and a loser franchise ... well, you got another thing coming.
That "loser GM" still put together the best four teams in CBJ history, including the only playoff appearance in team history. There's been two GMs, and only one could accurately be described as "loser", and his own opinion on the matter of which one is which doesn't matter either.

Quote:
Carter is locked in his bedroom weeping - frantically fantasizing about dropping a full jar of pickles on his GOOD foot so he doesn't have to play for this hot mess of a team.
This scenario is absolutely ridiculous, and you know it....thinking that Jeff Carter would ever be locked in his own place anytime before 4 AM.

Old
11-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Pluckfur

Quote:
That "loser GM" still put together the best four teams in CBJ history, including the only playoff appearance in team history. There's been two GMs, and only one could accurately be described as "loser", and his own opinion on the matter of which one is which doesn't matter either.

This scenario is absolutely ridiculous, and you know it....thinking that Jeff Carter would ever be locked in his own place anytime before 4 AM.
Please, both GMs have been losers which at this point is painfully apparent to anyone who isn't a full time sycophant and apologist for the "Company Men" and their company line of crud.

Jeff Carter couldn't find anything to do in Columbus at 4am even he weren't hobbled and hiding in his bedroom. pfft.

Old
11-04-2011, 12:57 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
So Carter is the new Zherdev? Crying in his room alone at night in his big empty Columbus apartment?

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:59 AM
Palinka

Quote:
Please, both GMs have been losers which at this point is painfully apparent to anyone who isn't a full time sycophant and apologist for the "Company Men" and their company line of crud.
Name the 10 worst trades in Columbus history.

Name the 10 worst free agent signings in Columbus history.

Name the 10 worst draft picks in Columbus history.

There you go.

Here, I'll even give you a head start on your research.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=872036
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=873398
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=872682

Last edited by Palinka: 11-04-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old
11-04-2011, 01:03 AM
FANonymous

Quote:
Jeff Carter couldn't find anything to do in Columbus at 4am even he weren't hobbled and hiding in his bedroom. pfft.
Hound dogs and drunk coeds wave hello from high street.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
So Carter is the new Zherdev? Crying in his room alone at night in his big empty Columbus apartment?
Now that you (obsessively) mention it - there are startling and frightening parallels. Nice work, 'thew.

Old
11-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Hound dogs and drunk coeds wave hello from high street.
/bark

Old
11-04-2011, 01:18 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Now that you (obsessively) mention it - there are startling and frightening parallels. Nice work, 'thew.
If Carter's mom arrives in town to try to help cheer her boy up, hit the panic button.

I'm only half as obsessive as you.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Name the 10 worst trades in Columbus history.

Name the 10 worst free agent signings in Columbus history.

Name the 10 worst draft picks in Columbus history.

There you go.

Here, I'll even give you a head start on your research.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=872036
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=873398
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=872682
Forest/trees. Has anyone ever pointed out to you that you consistently fail to see the larger picture due to your dangerously compulsive preoccupation with meaningless minutia?

I didn't bother to follow any of the links - I have no interest in who was the bigger failure - Maclean or Howson. Both losers - both outrageously ineffective GMs. Only one of the bozos is still on the CBJ payroll - That is all you, or anyone else, should be concerned with at this juncture.

Old
11-04-2011, 01:32 AM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
If Carter's mom arrives in town to try to help cheer her boy up, hit the panic button.

I'm only half as obsessive as you.
The only person more obsessed with Zherdev than you are IS his mom ... and maybe Lasse.

Old
11-04-2011, 02:03 AM
Center Ice Scrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Columbus Dispatch reporters on Twitter:
Wilson was basically trying to say that Mason had a pretty rough going. MacArthur was more so surprised by the weak goals more than talking crap about Mason. As a Leaf fan, I know what its like to cheer for a team that gives it their all but can't get anything done because the goalie is not reliable or something else falters.

I honestly think the Jackets are going through a big funk right now, with all the injuries and under performing vets, but one of these days you guys will turn it around. When that day comes I am willing to bet anyone, with half decent goal tending and some puck luck this team has the ability to put up with the best of the teams in the NHL. Having a young goalie like Mason has its ups and downs (its mostly down right now) but this is how he will learn and get better over time. I think true Blue Jacket fans just need to have some patience and faith in this team and in due time I am sure they will be rewarded with something to cheer about.

I find that the greater the pain of the loss, the high of the victory is exponentially better because you know you stuck it out through the **** times. And that's what true fans are, we stick by our team through hell and high waters. Blue Jacket's nation gotta stick this one out!

Center Ice Scrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 02:48 AM
db2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Center Ice Scrum View Post
Wilson was basically trying to say that Mason had a pretty rough going. MacArthur was more so surprised by the weak goals more than talking crap about Mason. As a Leaf fan, I know what its like to cheer for a team that gives it their all but can't get anything done because the goalie is not reliable or something else falters.
I didn't think those sounded like trash talk, either. Kind words from a Leafs fan; I agree about the big funk, but it's not easy around here to chalk it up to that. After 10 years, it probably shouldn't be easy to, either.

db2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:20 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

39:18 and loss? IMO our g-man must go out and I hope this was the last Mason start in our jersey he is not g-man but..... . If the team has similar g-man it is enough certain, good jesus why dex must be injured.... howsie take another g-man whorever.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 06:03 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:

Define "a LOT worse." We're dead last in the league. And for all of your "Howson made the playoffs mantra" (this is kind of like the picture of Hitch with the Cup, but with the overlying theme of mediocrity), the fact is that he's made the draft lottery FAR more often.

The lack of logic in your argument is mind boggling. Future free agents would rather sign with a team with an incompetent GM, sitting dead last in the league than one that decides they are tired of the losing and are going to do what it takes to win going forward? Jeff Carter is going to demand a trade because the architect of the mess that he didn't want to be part of is fired? Vinny Prospal has any chance of actually re-signing here if we make no changes and continue down this path (and, for the record, I think the chances of him re-signing here are already at zero)?

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote