HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/3/11 - Vancouver @ Minnesota - 7 PM CDT - FSN

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-03-2011, 11:03 AM
  #26
Generic User
Moderator
Generic Moderator
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 7,843
vCash: 500
Wish Luongo played every time the Vanny Nuckys came to town. I would like Clutterbuck to hipcheck both the Sedin's at the same time.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:12 AM
  #27
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Wish Luongo played every time the Vanny Nuckys came to town. I would like Clutterbuck to hipcheck both the Sedin's at the same time.
Did you catch Clutter's double hit against Detroit? Came in, hit the one guy who was passing it away, and without taking another stride he took out the guy who received the pass too.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:33 AM
  #28
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party
 
Randy BoBandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Good news: Tonight's Thursday so it's socially acceptable to drink until that fact is forgotten.
You know me all to well. Its been a long week so I hope to be one eye texting by overtime where Koivu trucks two Sedins at once passing to......Scandy for the winner

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:58 AM
  #29
Generic User
Moderator
Generic Moderator
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 7,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Did you catch Clutter's double hit against Detroit? Came in, hit the one guy who was passing it away, and without taking another stride he took out the guy who received the pass too.
No kidding? Must've been away from the TV at the time. I'll have to look for a video.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:59 AM
  #30
Avder
Global Moderator
Flabbergasted
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location.
Country: United States
Posts: 35,610
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Wish Luongo played every time the Vanny Nuckys came to town. I would like Clutterbuck to hipcheck both the Sedin's at the same time.
A threesome with the Sedin sisters? Ewww gross.

Anyway the first post of this GDT is epic. Need more of those Even tho I dont really care about Gopher vs Sioux. In fact I kind of root against both lately.

Looking forward to this game tho. I wish Vanny had the balls to start LuBrongo at the X. I hope we continue our improvement and score all over their ugly Vanny faces.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:02 PM
  #31
edgevolution
GO USA!
 
edgevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
@Russostrib Michael Russo
BLOG: Latendresse, Setoguchi switch spots to open game against Canucks *******/ufpBQY

edgevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:31 PM
  #32
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,285
vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Great to see Harding gets another start. Well deserved.

And this GDT is epic as usual.
I've never been able to look at GDTs the same since I saw San Jose's GDTs. So amazing. This one gave me a good laugh though.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:35 PM
  #33
Generic User
Moderator
Generic Moderator
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 7,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
I've never been able to look at GDTs the same since I saw San Jose's GDTs. So amazing.
Truth. They've looked like that since I've joined IIRC. Dedication, eh?

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:36 PM
  #34
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,285
vCash: 827
Since my negativity worked versus Detty I'll have to get a head start here against Vanny. We can't beat them, they're too powerful (It's over 9,000!!!!!). The Sedin Twins will skate around our defensemen, especially Zids, like they're pylons. Salo will get a hat trick. Schneider will get a shutout. Bieks. . . oh forget it, my negativity technique probably doesn't work unless I'm actually feeling negative anyways. Go WILD!!!

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:14 PM
  #35
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
I've never been able to look at GDTs the same since I saw San Jose's GDTs. So amazing. This one gave me a good laugh though.
Can't wait to see the Sharks GDT vs. Wild next week.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:16 PM
  #36
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
i'm going to go ahead and predict another OTL, but this time, it's a SOL.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:16 PM
  #37
usernam*
#TeamSuccess
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
I'm glad they're trying to switch up llines by switching Lats and Seto, but I'm not sure if those are the two I'd switch, but then again I'm not a coach so we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
Koivu is going to have a hell of a game tonight, 4 goals, 3 assists, and 2 times his shoulder grows elbows.
Can someone photoshop Koivu skating down the ice with an elbow coming out of his right shoulder?

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:28 PM
  #38
Bookman
Registered User
 
Bookman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 7,037
vCash: 728
Again, is it too much to ask for to see the Wild play 60 minutes of good hockey?

I want to see the Wild spank Vanny tonight.

Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:39 PM
  #39
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,528
vCash: 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
Again, is it too much to ask for to see the Wild play 60 minutes of good hockey?

I want to see the Wild spank Vanny tonight.
Agreed, I'd love to see a win the entire team earns and not just Harding in the starring role.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:41 PM
  #40
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Oh yeah,

The frogurt is also cursed.
You know where the idea came from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
A threesome with the Sedin sisters? Ewww gross.

Anyway the first post of this GDT is epic. Need more of those Even tho I dont really care about Gopher vs Sioux. In fact I kind of root against both lately.

Looking forward to this game tho. I wish Vanny had the balls to start LuBrongo at the X. I hope we continue our improvement and score all over their ugly Vanny faces.
That's more hateful than anything Vancouver can ever do or say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
I've never been able to look at GDTs the same since I saw San Jose's GDTs. So amazing. This one gave me a good laugh though.
Yeah that requires work.

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:42 PM
  #41
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 11,930
vCash: 500
I won't be able to watch (got class until 9:30), but I'm hoping for a 1-0 win. Exciting hockey FTW!

Dr Jan Itor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:56 PM
  #42
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 17,485
vCash: 1200
Theoretically, Seto and Lats should have good chemistry because they're both big, power forwards who force play in the offensive zone. I'd like to see them play together, not be switched up.

I've always thought Koivu and Bouchard have had good chemistry in the past. Maybe we'll see something along these lines:

PMB - Koivu - Heatley
Setoguchi - Cullen - Latendresse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris View Post
Can someone photoshop Koivu skating down the ice with an elbow coming out of his right shoulder?
Hmm... If I find time, I'll see what I can do.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:13 PM
  #43
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Theoretically, Seto and Lats should have good chemistry because they're both big, power forwards who force play in the offensive zone. I'd like to see them play together, not be switched up.

I've always thought Koivu and Bouchard have had good chemistry in the past. Maybe we'll see something along these lines:

PMB - Koivu - Heatley
Setoguchi - Cullen - Latendresse
I'd switch Koivu and Cullen around in those lines because otherwise there's not enough spreading of the puck on that line. Cullen seems more willing to shoot than Koivu as well, so he'd fit better between Butch and Heater. Butch has been shooting more lately, but I think that group needs more trigger pulling.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:14 PM
  #44
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
Again, is it too much to ask for to see the Wild play 65 minutes of good hockey?

I want to see the Wild spank Vanny tonight.
FTFY

Shootout? What shootout?

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:22 PM
  #45
usernam*
#TeamSuccess
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
I'd switch Koivu and Cullen around in those lines because otherwise there's not enough spreading of the puck on that line. Cullen seems more willing to shoot than Koivu as well, so he'd fit better between Butch and Heater. Butch has been shooting more lately, but I think that group needs more trigger pulling.
This is what I'd do too. Just switch Heatley and Latendresse.

Koivu passes, Seto shoots, Lats crashes the net.
The same could be said for the other line too then.
Butch passes, Cullen shoots, Heatley crashes the net.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:49 PM
  #46
Caior89
Registered User
 
Caior89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Brazil
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris View Post
This is what I'd do too. Just switch Heatley and Latendresse.

Koivu passes, Seto shoots, Lats crashes the net.
The same could be said for the other line too then.
Butch passes, Cullen shoots, Heatley crashes the net.
TBH, this make sense! But the fact that someone is shooting is already a win.
Monster Bold prediction: PMB with a hattrick and Sedins with an Oscar.

Caior89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:59 PM
  #47
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,419
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
This is the third game in a row I won't be able to watch as I'm busy. Ugh.
Being that they beat Detroit twice in a row, and if they win tonight....you will no longer be allowed to watch the games.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 03:00 PM
  #48
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caior89 View Post
TBH, this make sense! But the fact that someone is shooting is already a win.
Monster Bold prediction: PMB with a hattrick and Sedins with an Oscar.
The academy has really gone down hill. I mean, an Oscar used to mean a strong, heartfelt, believable performance.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 03:08 PM
  #49
Jarick
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 25,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Being that they beat Detroit twice in a row, and if they win tonight....you will no longer be allowed to watch the games.
Minny's so boring I'd rather watch paint dry it'd be a favor blah blah blah

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 03:11 PM
  #50
mnwildgophers
Registered User
 
mnwildgophers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
I don't care if we're boring if we're winning games, we do need to beat Vanny super hard tonight though, like Lats with Heater and Koivu. I want to see some more dominance from that line.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.