HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk

Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2012, 10:45 AM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
From what I have read about Bozon, he is not really like Hansen at all. He has flashy high-end skills with the puck, but the knocks on him are that he isn't physical, doesn't bring it every night and doesn't play a two way game. Hansen is more or less a polar opposite, lacks the high-end puck skills to be a top 6 player, but he plays physical, brings it every night and is one of our best defensive wingers.

From what I have read, the player he compares most to on the Canucks is Mason Raymond without the two-way play.
Bozon is a goal scorer like Grabner was, he just isn't anywhere close to the skater Hansen/Raymond/Grabner are.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

I'm not sure we need another soft-ish, undersized forward who has to learn all the ropes of the defensive game. Bozon has some solid offensive potential, but I think there are better choices available who have all the afrorementioned attributes as well.

Guys I'm interested in who would (hopefully) be available with our first:

Dalton Thrower
- Love his grit and his two-way game. Only knock is his size (5'11, 189lbs), and how that physical game will translate to the next level.

Scott Laughton
- Doesn't have the same "man's body" that Ryan O'Reilly had, but everything else reads very similarly. Definitely understands the defensive side of the game and oozes character, apparently has some nice offensive touch as well.

Tomas Hertl
- He's got a good frame and while he's not going to go out of his way to destroy people, he doesn't shy away from dirty areas. Loved what I saw from him at the WJCs, he has some slick offensive talent.

Dark Horses: Stefan Matteau and Henrik Samuelsson. If the Canucks are indeed wanting to become more difficult to play against (drafting a big body who can score in Jensen, acquiring skilled and mean as hell Kassian) then one of these two guys could certainly fit the bill. Big frames, absolutely willing to use it and and the attitudes to match. Could easily become successors to Burrows/Kesler's "Most Hated Canuck" crowns.

EDIT: I also think Phillip Di Giuseppe could be on Gillis' radar, same with Tanner Pearson. Gillis has shown something of a deference to older prospects, given that they have had more time to mature, and Pearson fills that bill. Di Giuseppe is younger, but he played in the collegiate system last year and acquitted himself pretty well.

Old
05-31-2012, 02:12 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
What do people think of Calle Anderson out of Sweden? By the sounds of it he could be a gem in the third or fourth round? Smooth skating defenseman who has the ability to throw a big hit.

Old
05-31-2012, 02:59 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
What do people think of Calle Anderson out of Sweden? By the sounds of it he could be a gem in the third or fourth round? Smooth skating defenseman who has the ability to throw a big hit.
Dont know much about him.

I do know we don't have any 3rd or 4th round picks.

Old
05-31-2012, 03:28 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Dont know much about him.

I do know we don't have any 3rd or 4th round picks.
True but we could always acquire one.

He's got good size and seemly has caught the attention of some scouts late this year. Could even be taken by someone in the second round.

Personally I'd prefer Severson over him, but I'd try to trade for a pick to take him too. Seems like a hidden gem.

05-31-2012, 03:36 PM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

vCash: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
I'm not sure we need another soft-ish, undersized forward who has to learn all the ropes of the defensive game. Bozon has some solid offensive potential, but I think there are better choices available who have all the afrorementioned attributes as well.

Dalton Thrower
- Love his grit and his two-way game. Only knock is his size (5'11, 189lbs), and how that physical game will translate to the next level.

Scott Laughton
- Doesn't have the same "man's body" that Ryan O'Reilly had, but everything else reads very similarly. Definitely understands the defensive side of the game and oozes character, apparently has some nice offensive touch as well.

Tomas Hertl
- He's got a good frame and while he's not going to go out of his way to destroy people, he doesn't shy away from dirty areas. Loved what I saw from him at the WJCs, he has some slick offensive talent.

Dark Horses: Stefan Matteau and Henrik Samuelsson. If the Canucks are indeed wanting to become more difficult to play against (drafting a big body who can score in Jensen, acquiring skilled and mean as hell Kassian) then one of these two guys could certainly fit the bill. Big frames, absolutely willing to use it and and the attitudes to match. Could easily become successors to Burrows/Kesler's "Most Hated Canuck" crowns.

EDIT: I also think Phillip Di Giuseppe could be on Gillis' radar, same with Tanner Pearson. Gillis has shown something of a deference to older prospects, given that they have had more time to mature, and Pearson fills that bill. Di Giuseppe is younger, but he played in the collegiate system last year and acquitted himself pretty well.
I know nothing of him other than what i've read but if he's anything close to mike richards (that's who some posters have compared him to), sign me up. Saw an interview and he didn't look like a pushover at all.

Old
05-31-2012, 03:37 PM
thefeebster

All i know about Calle is that a lot of swedes think he could be a steal, but recently i've seen him ranked in the 2nd. Don't know if i'd select him in the 2nd or earlier but i think he could be good value after that. He has the size and puck moving skills so many teams are looking for. Was 2nd in defensemen scoring in the J20 league. Read his skating isn't really a strength and needs work.

------------------

Was searching through twitter about combine news...

Found this:

Quote:
Muskegon Lumberjacks ‏@MuskegonJacks
Courtesy of @mdeblouw10, a look at an itinerary from the #nhlcombine

Listed us as great, but i can't make out that 2nd word! Is it "short"?

A little about him:
Quote:
I went up to watch the United States U18 National Team Development Program play Muskegon on Dec. 17 and while the top draft eligible players in the game were from U18 team, DeBlouw was impressive. DeBlouw has the advantage of playing on a bad team and, in turn, plays a variety of roles he otherwise would not on a better USHL team. DeBlouw played more than 20 minutes for the Lumberjacks, centering the first line, playing on the first penalty kill unit, and the first power play unit.

DeBlouw is a very good skater and never stops moving his feet. Though DeBlouw did not record a point against the U18 NTDP, he had some very nice passes to set up line mates. He will likely never translate into a big goal scorer at the next level, but he does a lot of the little things right that will get him get drafted come June. Link

Old
05-31-2012, 03:41 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
All i know about Calle is that a lot of swedes think he could be a steal, but recently i've seen him ranked in the 2nd. Don't know if i'd select him in the 2nd or earlier but i think he could be good value after that. He has the size and puck moving skills so many teams are looking for. Was 2nd in defensemen scoring in the J20 league. Read his skating isn't really a strength and needs work.

------------------

Found this:

A little about him:
Cool.

Did you unearth anyother twitter gems?

Old
05-31-2012, 03:42 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
True but we could always acquire one.

He's got good size and seemly has caught the attention of some scouts late this year. Could even be taken by someone in the second round.

Personally I'd prefer Severson over him, but I'd try to trade for a pick to take him too. Seems like a hidden gem.
Supposedly had a very good J20 playoffs, if im thinking of the same guy.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:39 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Quote:

Dalton Thrower

Scott Laughton

Tomas Hertl

From everything I've been reading, i'm hoping we get a shot at Sissons. Some mock drafts have him going early. Other rankings (THN) has him around 40

Old
06-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Canucker

Just watching some of the interviews of the prospects at the pre-combine....holy **** are there some retarded media people...some of the questions they ask these guys are ridiculously stupid. I'd have a hard time not facepalming them if I were these prospects. Embarrassing.

Old
06-01-2012, 12:19 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post

------------------

Found this:

A little about him:
I think it does say short. Also it says he met with goaltending coaches so it makes sense that our interview was short as we have a stockpile of G talent.

Old
06-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Some Henrik Samuelsson highlights - looks huge in the Dub.

Old
06-01-2012, 01:50 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
From everything I've been reading, i'm hoping we get a shot at Sissons. Some mock drafts have him going early. Other rankings (THN) has him around 40
Why? Quite possibly the lowest ceiling of all the players projected to go around the 1st round and he isn't even a particularly good two way player yet. Maybe if we have 2 1st round picks or something.

Old
06-01-2012, 05:20 AM
Jevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
I think it does say short. Also it says he met with goaltending coaches so it makes sense that our interview was short as we have a stockpile of G talent.
Matt DeBlouw is a C, not a G. Why he met with Ottawas goaltending coach I have no idea, but I guess it's because he was low priority and they had other high priority players to meet with at the same time.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:16 AM
MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
I wouldn't take Sissons in the first two rounds.

Limited skill, average skater, not tough.

Has leadership ability and plays an advanced 3-zone game for a player his age, but zero upside. Guy just isn't a very good player. No idea why there's so much hype there.

Old
06-01-2012, 12:14 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Matt DeBlouw is a C, not a G. Why he met with Ottawas goaltending coach I have no idea, but I guess it's because he was low priority and they had other high priority players to meet with at the same time.
Haha, should have payed more attention.

I like how beside Buffalo it says "uncomfortable".

Old
06-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Ryp37

vCash: 50
Quote:
Some Henrik Samuelsson highlights - looks huge in the Dub.

would love it if he somehow fell to 56th

Old
06-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Jevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Haha, should have payed more attention.

I like how beside Buffalo it says "uncomfortable".
I would be uncomfortable too if I was talking to a guy named "Lindy".

Old
06-01-2012, 02:00 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

For those mentioning Koekkoek, I definitively agree. His injury has put him under the radar a bit so I hope that GMMG will take advantage of that in case he falls into our laps.

Old
06-01-2012, 02:08 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
For those mentioning Koekkoek, I definitively agree. His injury has put him under the radar a bit so I hope that GMMG will take advantage of that in case he falls into our laps.
Wasnt he projected top 10 before the injury?

Old
06-01-2012, 02:52 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
I would be uncomfortable too if I was talking to a guy named "Lindy".
I just figured Lindy would be an awkward interview

Old
06-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Kickassguy

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Giants D-man Brett Kulak was also interviewed by the Canucks, according to Twitter. Any local Dub fans have insight?

Old
06-01-2012, 04:34 PM
dave babych returns

According to wikipedia he's a land-owning farmer who has dealt with a lot of persecution. Hopefully that's nurtured something of a mean streak.

Old
06-01-2012, 04:54 PM
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
According to wikipedia he's a land-owning farmer who has dealt with a lot of persecution. Hopefully that's nurtured something of a mean streak.
Nice touch.
I especially like it as a history major.

Closed Thread