HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

#10 | Winnipeg Jets vs. New York Islanders | Nov 3 | L 0-3

Old
11-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Brunomics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Former Islanders all-star Mark Flood () was re-called from the farm this morning for the Jets.

This game will go either way. From the way I understand it, you guys are less confident with DiPietro in net, and we're way less confident with 2 AHLers (Flood and Festerling), 1 fringe NHLer (Jones) and only three NHL regulars (Bogosian, Byfuglien and Oduya) on the blueline.
Yikes I really hope Tavares can get matched up against them tonight!

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 10:20 AM
VAIsles
Mickey Mouse FO Yay!

you guys are less confident with DiPietro in net

you got that right. Be we are confident that soon knee swelling will occur and he will be on IR until next September... shhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

VAIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
A game? What's that? Hopefully Montoya gets the start this time around. If I was Capuano I'd sit down with DP and tell him everytime he makes a bad turnover with the puck that results in a goal he loses a start that he would've had. That'll keep him in the net more.
that would be sweet. i doubt that will happen though. I would also tell him he will get pulled as well.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CaptDenisPotvin

What other NHL team starts their 3rd best goalie in a game they really need to get some confidence going? Ah yes, its good to be an isles fan....Come on DP we would like you to earn atleast a little bit of that contract tonight!

Prediction: Isles 4-3 in OT....Grabner with 2 goals and Fanzie with game winner in Shootout.

PS- Where is Nino? Still hurt? when is he supposed to be back?

CaptDenisPotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

I don't mind seeing DP in this one. Lets us evaluate him in a game we can still win if he does let in a few softies. Their D, no offence because Enstrom is hurt, right now might be the worst in the league. We SHOULD be able to get 3-4 goals here tonight.

I'm supposed to pickup a take-home midterm tonight at 530.... maybe Ill go to the game tonight.

Oh, and I like Greenday's cover. They used to be such a great band.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 10:43 AM
IslesArchieFan
Oh Cptn, My Cptn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
What other NHL team starts their 3rd best goalie in a game they really need to get some confidence going? Ah yes, its good to be an isles fan....Come on DP we would like you to earn atleast a little bit of that contract tonight!

Prediction: Isles 4-3 in OT....Grabner with 2 goals and Fanzie with game winner in Shootout.

PS- Where is Nino? Still hurt? when is he supposed to be back?

Nino is in the Bridge on a 2 week conditioning stint. If he tears it up down there which I am sure he will, he will be with the big club by mid Nov.

IslesArchieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Islanders1932

With that defense that the Jets are using, we really need some of the pointless guys to get on the board tonight (Bailey and Comeau --- 0 points so far)

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Isles1983

Hi guys. I'm new here this is my first post. I hope you dont mind a female on these boards. Anyway not happy DP is in net would prefer Montoya. DP is such a waste I wish we could get rid of him. Anyway I work 3-11 so I will be DVRing game tonight. For the love of God please let them win.(and no more bad calls by the officials. I'm still fuming over that penalty we got in OT against the Sharks).

Isles1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:07 AM
ugly and proud

i thought ricky played well against the sharks. would i rather see montoya? sure. but i actually dont mind rick getting to go for tonight.

ugly and proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Strummergas

I think it comes down to playing Ricky tonight against the Jets and Montoya on Saturday against the Caps. If Ricky has to start one of the next two games, I'd rather it be this one.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
I don't mind seeing DP in this one. Lets us evaluate him in a game we can still win if he does let in a few softies. Their D, no offence because Enstrom is hurt, right now might be the worst in the league. We SHOULD be able to get 3-4 goals here tonight.

I'm supposed to pickup a take-home midterm tonight at 530.... maybe Ill go to the game tonight.

Oh, and I like Greenday's cover. They used to be such a great band.
i want to go to this game so bad. I cant thought. I just bought a house and we are packing and stuff.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Their D, no offence because Enstrom is hurt, right now might be the worst in the league. We SHOULD be able to get 3-4 goals here tonight.
None taken. I agree. Enstrom, Hainsey, and Stuart are our most reliable, and now I hear Stuart is questionable. This could get ugly if our AHL callups don't all step up.

I think both fanbases are thinking this is an 'easy win'.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Moosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles1983 View Post
Hi guys. I'm new here this is my first post. I hope you dont mind a female on these boards. Anyway not happy DP is in net would prefer Montoya. DP is such a waste I wish we could get rid of him. Anyway I work 3-11 so I will be DVRing game tonight. For the love of God please let them win.(and no more bad calls by the officials. I'm still fuming over that penalty we got in OT against the Sharks).
Hi, '83. I am also a lady. Montoya let in 4 goals his last start. Let's see if Ricky can do better tonight.

Moosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:34 AM
OpAck

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Former Islanders all-star Mark Flood () was re-called from the farm this morning for the Jets.
Your backup, Peter Mannino spent some time with the Isles org before as well.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Chronos1337

Jets fan coming in peace.

I expect a high scoring game here (hopefully not 9-8). We can score but with our defence hurt the way it is I don't see Pavalec getting much help in front of him.

Chronos1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Ondrej The Giant

vCash: 50
I don't see the Jets pulling out a win here. The D is just too damaged to compete. We have all of our most solid D-Men out for tonight and the dangerous turnover-prone guys remain. Our only hope is Ondrej tonight. GL Isles !

Ondrej The Giant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:42 AM
JJmcD
The Power Of Love

9-8 Isles win - Tavares hat trick, Moulson hat trick, grabner x2, amac x1. would make me very happy)

9-8 Isles loss but with at least one goal from each line would make me even happier... for some reason

JJmcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Islanders1932

Most obvious statement for tonight "I expect JT to have a big game"

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:48 AM
ziggy7716

It's pretty sad that you guys are complaining. DP played well on Saturday. None of the goals he let in were his fault, and frankly they wouldn't have been stopped any other goalie. He played very well, and if it weren't for that BS call in OT Islanders probably win that game.

How about you have faith in the guy, he played well. He deserves to get the start.

ziggy7716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:52 AM
It Was 4 to 1
Penguins MVPs

hopefully the islanders players don't have the same loser mentality as 99% of this board

are people actually blaming dipietro for last game?

It Was 4 to 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

http://www.nyiskinny.com/2011/11/inj...jets-jets.html

With that article in mind, I hope Capuano has our boys directly pressuring and crushing those blueliners all night long!

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:55 AM
InTentsProductions*

The treatment some of you give Dipietro is absolutely pathetic. You're hoping a professional athlete who has destroyed his body for you "fans" gets "clotheslined" or injured. Hoping that anyone gets injured everytime they do their job is seriously pathetic. This isn't a guy like kaleta who is running around trying to hurt people or matt cooke who has ended people's careers. It is a goalie who tries his absolute hardest for a scrub team that has been generally irrelevant for how long? And you're consistently hoping he gets hurt? I suggest you seriously consider your own personal issues before heaping all this unbelievable hate on one person.

InTentsProductions* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Isles1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
Hi, '83. I am also a lady. Montoya let in 4 goals his last start. Let's see if Ricky can do better tonight.
Oh good I have some company! Anyway I've been an Islander fan my whole life because of my Dad. I envy him he got to see the good team(Bossy, Trots, Potvin, Smith, Gillies, Bobby Ny) and was even at the Coliseum when they won a cup.

I just have no more faith left in DP.

Bones thanks for the welcome!

Isles1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VAIsles
Mickey Mouse FO Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post
It's pretty sad that you guys are complaining. DP played well on Saturday. None of the goals he let in were his fault, and frankly they wouldn't have been stopped any other goalie. He played very well, and if it weren't for that BS call in OT Islanders probably win that game.

How about you have faith in the guy, he played well. He deserves to get the start.
sorry Ziggy, IMO, we win 2-1 v. SJ if Montoya started and if Nabby was healthy he would have shut his old team out... Again, I have a STRONG bias against "Broken" due to his personality also met him a few years back at Champions and he was a complete +++++. I am not a star struck person either, I didn't seek him out to talk or request an autograph... I don't care about that. He walked by I said "Hello" and offered a compliment, he proceeds to give a rude comment and run by me... On the other hand, I ran into to Shawn Bates and he couldn't have been nicer... Plus he is an AVERAGE goalie at best...

VAIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Bones45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post

Have faith in the guy? FAITH IN WHAT?? That he will let in soft goals, be out of position most of the time, and be a liability??

That I can do.

The guy NEEDS TO GO. The sooner this stupid ****ing organization realizes this, the sooner the healing (no pun intended) can begin.

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote