HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Kaleta faces disciplinary hearing today (Suspended for Four Games)

Old
11-04-2011, 05:30 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squantosawuss View Post
Ya know, I watch an awful lot of hockey. I'll even watch meaningless late-season western conference games between non-playoff teams playing out the schedule. I do love this game.

All that being said....

I have never liked Kaleta. I don't like any of the players in this league whose primary purpose is to just skate around inflicting pain on other players. It's a distraction from the game and has proven to be incredibly dangerous.

Sorry, but I want a league where I can see a Marc Savard, not a Matt Cooke.
I'd rather see Sid the Kid than a Steve Downie, and I'd rather see Paul Kariya than Gary Suter and I'd rather see most of the guys Kaleta hits than Kaleta.

Somebody is eventually gonna lay this kid out hard on the ice...and hopefully, that'll be game, set, career. Enough of this BS. Then Patty can go work at a gas station where he belongs.
I agree with you, but unless you live up to your own standards and have the same attitude to your own players (Tootoo, Nichol before, etc.), it's all very "meh".

As a Buffalo fan, I love that Kaleta is actually a good hockey player with an edge.
I absolutely despise when he crosses the line and gets dirty.

The suspension is well deserved, could've been more.
Incredibly stupid play.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 06:47 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Ya know, I watch an awful lot of hockey. I'll even watch meaningless late-season western conference games between non-playoff teams playing out the schedule. I do love this game.

All that being said....

I have never liked Kaleta. I don't like any of the players in this league whose primary purpose is to just skate around inflicting pain on other players. It's a distraction from the game and has proven to be incredibly dangerous.

I'd rather see Sid the Kid than a Steve Downie, and I'd rather see Paul Kariya than Gary Suter and I'd rather see most of the guys Kaleta hits than Kaleta.

Somebody is eventually gonna lay this kid out hard on the ice...and hopefully, that'll be game, set, career. Enough of this BS. Then Patty can go work at a gas station where he belongs.
Have you actually watched PK over the past 2 years? He's slowly been cleaning up his game and becoming an effective 3rd/4th line player. He's awesome on the penalty kill and still a great energy player, even without the man-on-a-mission hits.

He "belongs" in the NHL because his talent allows him to be there. He's not still playing because of playing on the edge. To suggest that is severely misguided.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
This. It's not even debatable really, it was completely stupid on Kaleta's part. Unnecessary and suspension worthy.

Ditto here.

I wonder if this thread should be linked on the main board since Sabres fans are always seem to be treated as Kaleta-apologizing sycophants.

Ruckus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:23 AM
joshjull

Quote:

All that being said....

So you're so upset by Kaleta's antics and hate his type of player so much that you feel he needs to be crippled by someone. Thats some consistant reasoning right there

As an aside, How exactly does one come to the conclusion that Gary Suter (Calder winner, 14th all time in points for a dman, 845pts in 1145 regular season games + 73pts in 108 playoff games) is in anyway comparable to Matt Cooke or Kaleta? Because he threw a dirty hit? If thats your criteria then you're going to have a VERY long list of players in this group. Including some of the legends of the game as well as many of its current top players.

This is still NHL hockey and as such there will be hitting and the occassional cheap shot. I've posted this in the past but if the NHL was still played like it was when I grew up watching it (70s/80s). This board would implode.

Last edited by joshjull: 11-04-2011 at 09:31 AM.
joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Squantosawuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyMy57 View Post
Your avatar is of a Preds player, so I assume you're a Preds fan. How can you come here and complain about PK when the most popular player with your fanbase is Tootoo and does the same things? Maybe I'm a little biased because I love PK, but I don't think he's half as dirty as Cooke, Downie or Suter.
Your assumption is incorrect.

I am a Peter Forsberg fan. He just happens to have a Preds uni on in that pic.

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Squantosawuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
So you're so upset by Kaleta's antics and hate his type of player so much that you feel he needs to be crippled by someone. Thats some consistant reasoning right there

As an aside, How exactly does one come to the conclusion that Gary Suter (Calder winner, 14th all time in points for a dman, 845pts in 1145 regular season games + 73pts in 108 playoff games) is in anyway comparable to Matt Cooke or Kaleta? Because he threw a dirty hit? If thats your criteria then you're going to have a VERY long list of players in this group. Including some of the legends of the game as well as many of its current top players.

My bad. Suter does not belong in the group I was mentioning to make a point.

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
The NHL... giving garage leagues a bad name since 1917

Ralonzo is offline   Reply With Quote