Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mildly OT question

Old
11-03-2011, 04:39 AM
minion

vCash: 500
Mildly OT question

A letter written to a Bruins player, sent c/o Boston Bruins, what are the chances of that player actually seeing the letter? And yes regular snail mail letter.

minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 06:35 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

AFAIK, the players receive all mail sent to them c/o the team. Whether they read what they receive is up to them, but I don't see why a player wouldn't.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Turk 16

Years and years ago, I sent Bobby Carpenter a get-well soon card after he got hurt one time, no request for an autograph, no SASE. He sent me back a signed photo thanking me for the card. FWIW.

Turk 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:38 AM
minion

thanks for replies. It is not some perverse "I wanna have your baby" letter, but one I would like the player to read.

minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by minion View Post
thanks for replies. It is not some perverse "I wanna have your baby" letter, but one I would like the player to read.
FWIW, Marc Savard has said the cards and letters he's received from Bruins fans have meant a lot to him.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 12:41 PM
nycbruins*

When I was 9, I got the Wayne Gretzky Table Hockey game for Christmas. A ton of the parts broke within a week and I was so disappointed.
Being a stupid little kid, I sent a letter to the Gretzky c/o the Kings explaining how the game broke so easily. I kissed up a little bit, but not too much.

Wayne sent me a personalized autographed photo and letter along with all new parts for the game for free.

I know he was the biggest name in the sport and it was normal hockey ambassador behavior, but I've always loved Gretz for that.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Boston Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
When I was 9, I got the Wayne Gretzky Table Hockey game for Christmas. A ton of the parts broke within a week and I was so disappointed.
Being a stupid little kid, I sent a letter to the Gretzky c/o the Kings explaining how the game broke so easily. I kissed up a little bit, but not too much.

Wayne sent me a personalized autographed photo and letter along with all new parts for the game for free.

I know he was the biggest name in the sport and it was normal hockey ambassador behavior, but I've always loved Gretz for that.
Does not sound like you were so stupid, in fact, I would say the complete opposite.

BTW - That machine was a piece, I had the same one.. Broke in about 15 seconds of use..

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
FWIW, Marc Savard has said the cards and letters he's received from Bruins fans have meant a lot to him.
****, I miss Marc Savard...

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 10:51 PM
MasqueOfTheRedDeath*

Some players are great about the mail. I've had players write back from personal letters and have also had some get sent back unopened. Caron is still young so you have a decent shot.

MasqueOfTheRedDeath* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post

Hahaha thats seriously awesome

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote