HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets Win! Jets Win! Pavs SO, first winstreak of the year!

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

vCash: 500
ugly win but it's gonna happen from time to time in this league.

Thought pavs was great, although isles helped him a bit with missed shots, his rebound control was much better and not as much sprawling.

D was solid for what's out there... even Buff played okay.

As for the forwards, meh, BAK played pretty good, Antro is the best Jet this year so far imo... everyone else.. down game..... Little does the little things okay but he can't seem to finish... not much you can do unless you switch BAK out tho and I actually like the first line compete level.

As for Wheeler, he still shows his speed on the rush but does nothing else out there.. he's in a major slump... I don't think he's crap like alot of people here but he's def. not playing well. I don't think you can send him down tho.. not sure his options...

Anyway, nice win and Devils, Rangers are both winnable but tough games ahead for the depleted Jets but love the 3-1

Old
11-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Who cares about the dodo heads on here with their negatives. I can recall everyone rippin Pavs, Jones, Kane, Wellwood, Bogo etc unfairly not to long ago and I thought all those guys would be fine and they are. I must admit I was wrong on one guy though that I was personally rippin and that was Oduya and he has played well lately, good for him. And Holden, get with the program Jones was great and will be solid all year long.
I'm sorry, I will clear my opinions with you next time. Thanks for the heads up!

Old
11-03-2011, 09:21 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post

As for Wheeler, he still shows his speed on the rush but does nothing else out there.. he's in a major slump... I don't think he's crap like alot of people here but he's def. not playing well. I don't think you can send him down tho.. not sure his options...
Wheeler has been just awful, he doesn't play physical despite his size, doesn't win battles with his speed, can't take a pass or make a pass, shoots the puck at really bad angles with no one in front, is a defensive liability and is usually out of position.

What part of his game is not crap in your eyes? We are 12 games in here already by the way.

Old
11-03-2011, 09:22 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 282
Anyone else see jerseys are in NHL12 now?

Old
11-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Sorry to see that long suffering Isles fans are getting no relief this year. As an Oiler fan the past 7 years, I feel your pain.
I was a Leafs fan before the Jets return.
Isn't it great that the year we switch loyalties both our teams start playing well?

Old
11-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Wheeler has been just awful, he doesn't play physical despite his size, doesn't win battles with his speed, can't take a pass or make a pass, shoots the puck at really bad angles with no one in front, is a defensive liability and is usually out of position.

What part of his game is a positive in your eyes? We are 12 games in here already by the way.
Well, he was put on the first line for a reason .. although Jets don't have first line players, just saying... He needs to use his speed alot better.. When I see him with the puck, he can really go but he doesn't/hasn't done anything with it...

Maybe all the shifting in what lines he's playing on is confusing him? IDK... I'm not saying he's playing well but it's not like the jets can just replace him...and obviously he's hurting his trade value.

Old
11-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Wpgpage

Quote:

What part of his game is not crap in your eyes? We are 12 games in here already by the way.
Hes played that way for 3+ years and every year he as been a solid 3rd line player, hes off to a terrible start I'll give you that but suggesting that Ben Maxwell would be better is way off base. Im not sure what you were expecting from him but anyone who has watched him play in the past will tell you hes playing pretty much exactly the same way he was the entire time in Boston, hes getting unlucky on his shots but I expect him to finish the season with pretty much the same numbers as the last few years.

Old
11-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
Hes played that way for 3+ years and every year he as been a solid 3rd line player, hes off to a terrible start I'll give you that but suggesting that Ben Maxwell would be better is way off base. Im not sure what you were expecting from him but anyone who has watched him play in the past will tell you hes playing pretty much exactly the same way he was the entire time in Boston, hes getting unlucky on his shots but I expect him to finish the season with pretty much the same numbers as the last few years.
Which if he does that, that's like 35 to 40 pts.. not a first line player like the Jets expected him to be but that's what he is.

Old
11-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Chief Ten Bears*
Unregistered User

Quote:
ugly win but it's gonna happen from time to time in this league.

Thought pavs was great, although isles helped him a bit with missed shots, his rebound control was much better and not as much sprawling.

D was solid for what's out there... even Buff played okay.

As for the forwards, meh, BAK played pretty good, Antro is the best Jet this year so far imo... everyone else.. down game..... Little does the little things okay but he can't seem to finish... not much you can do unless you switch BAK out tho and I actually like the first line compete level.

Anyway, nice win and Devils, Rangers are both winnable but tough games ahead for the depleted Jets but love the 3-1

Don't know which game you were watching...

Perhaps it was a replay of the 9 - 8 win against the Flyers, because you sure weren't watching tonight's game.

Old
11-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Hammer Slammer
Tayler Mayors

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
Isn't it great that the year we switch loyalties both our teams start playing well?
I was a Leafs fan for the first 18 years of my life. They caused me to stop watching hockey all-together.

It's weird seeing them on top of the East, and I still cheer for them a bit. As long as it's not against the Jets.

11-03-2011, 09:34 PM
blues10

Quote:

He didn't take a penalty or score on his own net.

If he doesn't turn it around he will most certainly be on the move.

I am now considering getting my jersey with Festerling or Jones on the back.

Old
11-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Quote:
guys I'm rooting for three teams in my hockey fan rebirth, and all three might not make the playoffs well maybe the Sharks

Old
11-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Wpgpage

Quote:
Which if he does that, that's like 35 to 40 pts.. not a first line player like the Jets expected him to be but that's what he is.
Do you think they really expected him to be a first line player? Did anyone based on a 17 game sample size think that he was going to suddenly become a 1st line player after 3+ years of data and scouting saying he wouldn't? If so then people need a reality check, he was on the first line because the Jets have a serious lack of depth at RW not because anyone in the front office thought he was going to suddenly be a 80 pt guy.

Old
11-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Chief Ten Bears*
Unregistered User

Quote:
I wouldn't say that out loud in Winnipeg

Old
11-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Bears View Post
Don't know which game you were watching...

Perhaps it was a replay of the 9 - 8 win against the Flyers, because you sure weren't watching tonight's game.
No, i was watching tonight's game...and I define ugly as alot of turnovers, missed chances and alot of icings...thats what we had tonight.

It wasn't a very crisp game by any means

Old
11-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Chief Ten Bears*
Unregistered User

Quote:
No, i was watching tonight's game...and I define ugly as alot of turnovers, missed chances and alot of icings...thats what we had tonight.

It wasn't a very crisp game by any means
No it wasn't... But it wasn't ugly. Our Jets can take a lot from this. Not giving up the lead, finishing a game. Pav can notch up a shutout. The team can still play great, and win, with a couple of big names out of the lineup. Oduya played his best game of the year.

Not an ugly win at all.

Old
11-03-2011, 09:43 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:

Relax.. One goal for Little, one goal for Wheeler then they will get it going.

Good game and the boys are playing like a team.

Old
11-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
Do you think they really expected him to be a first line player? Did anyone based on a 17 game sample size think that he was going to suddenly become a 1st line player after 3+ years of data and scouting saying he wouldn't? If so then people need a reality check, he was on the first line because the Jets have a serious lack of depth at RW not because anyone in the front office thought he was going to suddenly be a 80 pt guy.
you're probably right.

Quote:
No it wasn't... But it wasn't ugly. Our Jets can take a lot from this. Not giving up the lead, finishing a game. Pav can notch up a shutout. The team can still play great, and win, with a couple of big names out of the lineup. Oduya played his best game of the year.

Not an ugly win at all.
I agree with all you said... I guess I should just say it wasn't a very pretty game to watch but gritty win

Old
11-03-2011, 09:46 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 0
I agree, it was an ugly win. I base that opinion on the amount of turnovers by both teams and the reliance on stellar goaltending from Pavelec. I also agree with Beyak's comment after the game that it was a character building win.

However, saying it was an ugly win is in no way criticizing the play of our patchwork defense. Festerling came up huge at the right times. Overall the defense played a safe game, including Byfuglien. They didn't try to push the play up ice quickly to generate offense or make aggressive plays to force turnovers, they played simple positionally-sound defense and limited the number of second chances.

The first line was practically invisible tonight apart from Wellwood. It's about time we start referring to the Burmistrov line as the top line.

The Islanders certainly carried the play for a lot of the game. Apart from 4 guys watching Kane hack away at the puck on the first goal and Dipietro failing to find even a simple rebound, the Isles played a good game.

Old
11-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Very happy with the win.

Pavelec was awesome!

Old
11-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Lux Aurumque*

I'm still worried about the defense without Enstrom, but if Pavelec can keep up this play, then we're gonna win a lot of games.

Old
11-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Well done.

Old
11-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Jet
Big Ben

Quote:
It's kinda hilarious actually. Plus, the past 3 years, the entire Oilers have been a MASH unit. This year, they are relatively healthy, and the Jets are hurting

11-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Jet
Big Ben

Quote:

Not an ugly win at all.
That second period was ugly. Nearly 20 shots against. If Pavelec wasn't other-worldly we would have been looking at at a 3-1 loss.

The 3rd however was very impressive by the Jets. They showed they can lock down a game in the 3rd and win. That will do a lot for their psyche going forward.

Old
11-03-2011, 10:28 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
Huge win by the boys today. Gordie Howe hatty for Kane and a fantastic game by Pavs. I was so happy to see him pick up the shut out.

It wasn't the prettiest but I find wins like these can really help out a team. It shows they can finish a game and pick up a greasy win.

Closed Thread