Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Turris

Old
11-03-2011, 08:35 PM
CzechingFlames

vCash: 500
Turris

Sportsnet reported that Turris will be moved Are the flames interested???

CzechingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy

vCash: 240
Flames have been interested since the first week of the season...if not before that.

Janko Unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Qubax

Sportsnet seriously reported this? Despite what DM has said about not trading KT?

I thought the latest rumour was that the Yotes wouldn't trade an UNSIGNED Turris, but if KT signs a deal, they could do a sign and trade...

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:09 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
Sportsnet seriously reported this? Despite what DM has said about not trading KT?

I thought the latest rumour was that the Yotes wouldn't trade an UNSIGNED Turris, but if KT signs a deal, they could do a sign and trade...
Honesty I can't see why they would. If they give him a 4m contract like he wants then it will only decrease his trade value. Makes no sense.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Honesty I can't see why they would. If they give him a 4m contract like he wants then it will only decrease his trade value. Makes no sense.
You know Turris has came out and said it isn't about money, it's that he wants out of Phoenix?

Old
11-03-2011, 09:20 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezim View Post
You know Turris has came out and said it isn't about money, it's that he wants out of Phoenix?
Yeah but if he signs for cheap in Phoenix the they have no incentive to trade him. Catch 22.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 712
Didn't the Sportsnet panel say flat out that Turris would NOT be traded?

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:24 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Didn't the Sportsnet panel say flat out that Turris would NOT be traded?
Ya thats what I heard, it was sign in Phoenix or off to the KHL

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 10:44 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post

This makes no sense to me. The only thing I can think of is that the Yotes want Turris to sign a sweet deal that makes his trade value that much higher. Otherwise this is some dumb excuse to keep Turris in Pheonix

MarkGio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
This makes no sense to me. The only thing I can think of is that the Yotes want Turris to sign a sweet deal that makes his trade value that much higher. Otherwise this is some dumb excuse to keep Turris in Pheonix
Really? This makes a lot for sense to me. Turris will get a chance to finally get e off the tea, and raise his value and Maloney will hopefully gather some better offers. This is probably how it should end this messy situation.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 01:18 PM
berto14

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Yeah but if he signs for cheap in Phoenix the they have no incentive to trade him. Catch 22.
Sure they do -- the fact that he has no desire to play there and has requested a trade would be incentive enough to move him. Signing him to a reasonable contract before trading him away would fetch a larger return than trading away Turris' rights alone, as not many teams would be willing to give up much value for an unsigned player. The trade is inevitable, signing him would just give Phoenix a better return on their investment.

berto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by berto14 View Post
Sure they do -- the fact that he has no desire to play there and has requested a trade would be incentive enough to move him. Signing him to a reasonable contract before trading him away would fetch a larger return than trading away Turris' rights alone, as not many teams would be willing to give up much value for an unsigned player. The trade is inevitable, signing him would just give Phoenix a better return on their investment.
Not only that, but it wouldn't look very good if a player asks for a trade and is told "well, we'll do a sign and trade" and then go "JUST KIDDING! We're not trading you anywhere," after they sign him.

Old
11-05-2011, 02:45 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
I know Turris has a lot of potential, but I don't want the Flames to overpay a player to be another Nigel Dawes. I really hope the Flames aren't offering a picks or good prospects (if such prospects exist in our system lol)

MarkGio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Boomstick

vCash: 495
Any clue what Calgary would be offering? Or what they're expected to give up to get Turris?

Boomstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

From the sounds of it, Feaster has confirmed that Turris won't be traded this season.

Quote:
"I've had conversations with Don Maloney since training camp,'' Feaster confirms. "Don's been very, very clear with me and I think with other teams that they have no intention of trading him. And Don has also told me they're prepared to match any offer sheet.
Read more:
http://www.calgaryherald.com/touch/s...tml?id=5663034

Old
11-06-2011, 09:13 AM
berto14

Quote:
From the sounds of it, Feaster has confirmed that Turris won't be traded this season.

Read more:
http://www.calgaryherald.com/touch/s...tml?id=5663034
I still don't believe it. Given the state the team is in, Phoenix is not in a position to sit on a depreciating asset. Maloney will move Turris when he gets the offer he's looking for. The problem is, no one will give up significant value for the rights to an unsigned Turris. Either Maloney swings a sign-and-trade or he allows teams to negotiate a contract with Turris before a trade goes down. Either way, Turris' days in Phoenix are over.

Old
11-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Signature
Robin Williams RIP

Is there much difference between this Turris situation and the old Erixon situation?

Just a random thought popping into my head... I don't want another gutless, unenthusiastic kid who wants out the moment he feels he doesn't want attention. I realize that Turris asked for a trade rather quietly and Maloney escalated it, but this is reminiscent of our own recent troubles.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:59 AM
berto14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
Is there much difference between this Turris situation and the old Erixon situation?

Just a random thought popping into my head... I don't want another gutless, unenthusiastic kid who wants out the moment he feels he doesn't want attention. I realize that Turris asked for a trade rather quietly and Maloney escalated it, but this is reminiscent of our own recent troubles.
Well, I wrote a detailed response to this and then lost it, so here's my half-assed second attempt...

I think the difference between the two is the fact that Turris has at least played NHL games and has faced some real adversity in his time in the league. After cracking the lineup as a 19-year-old and putting up a respectable 20 points as a rookie in 08/09, he was returned to the AHL for the entire 09/10 season, which I think was a big step backwards for his development. Not once that season did he even get a single game as a call-up. However, instead of pouting, he worked harder and put up 63 points in 76 games. He made his way back into the Coyotes lineup last season but was used primarily as a third-line centre. He was 11th on the team among forwards in ice-time per game last season.

For the sake of comparison, Turris put up very similar numbers to Handzal (their #1C) last season, who averaged over 8 mins more ice-time per game (1st among fwd's), double the PP time and had better linemates. I'm not saying the kid should be handed anything on a silver platter, I just get the sense that he would appreciate the opportunity to make a fresh start and prove that he can play.

When you compare all of this to the Erixon situation -- who refused to sign a contract with the Flames because he wasn't guaranteed a roster spot, even though he hadn't played a single NHL game -- I think the differences are clear. Or maybe I'm just being overly optimistic.

EDIT:
People also look at his 65 GP's last season and think that he has injury problems. However, according to TSN, only 6 of those games were missed due to injury, the rest he was a healthy scratch. Also, let's not forget the time that he had like 30 of his friends/family in attendance for a game and then was scratched like an hour before game time.

Last edited by berto14: 11-06-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old
11-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

I would move Bourque for Turris in a second and not think twice about it. Turris will either be at worst at 50 point 2/3rd line centreman for this team. Or he could turn out to be a really good top line centre. Bourque is great, at times, but he is also very streaky and has had injury problems. This team needs to continue to get younger and more skilled, this would be a way of doing it.

I think the risk of acquiring Turris would be worth it for the potential pay out. I think if he got proper minutes and was put in the right situation, he could do extremely well here in a couple of seasons.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 11:13 AM
berto14

http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/11/05/...call-predators

Quote:
Sources say Kyle Turris’ agent, Kurt Overhardt, is working overtime trying to drive a market for the looming RFA centre ... the name of Flames LW Rene Bourque keeps popping up as trade bait, but the scuttlebutt is the Coyotes also want a first-round pick as part of the deal.
If the asking price for Turris really is Bourque + 1st, I hope Feaster politely declines. The kid is good, but at this point he isn't anything better than what we could pick up in the first round of a deep draft with our own pick. Not to mention what we could get in return for Bourque elsewhere.

Old
11-07-2011, 11:15 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by berto14 View Post
http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/11/05/...call-predators

If the asking price for Turris really is Bourque + 1st, I hope Feaster politely declines. The kid is good, but at this point he isn't anything better than what we could pick up in the first round of a deep draft with our own pick. Not to mention what we could get in return for Bourque elsewhere.
Ya pretty much but the Coyotes are obviously going to set the price high until we get closer to december 1st

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

If the asking price is Bourque AND a 1st round pick, yah no thanks to that one! I would love for Turris to be on the Flames and I've been pretty out spoken about it, but not at that price. There's a good chance that we will be drafting in the top 10 this year, and look at the caliber of prospect we got in Baertschi in a "weak" draft. I would rather move Bourque for a Penner type of package if that is what it will cost to land Turris.

Old
11-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

I'd do Bourque and Brodie for Turris, but if the Yotes want a 1st round pick (or any pick for that matter) the Flames need to walk away.

Old
11-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
I'd do Bourque and Brodie for Turris, but if the Yotes want a 1st round pick (or any pick for that matter) the Flames need to walk away.
I thought about Brodie too, but I don't think the Yotes would have a ton of interest in him as already they have quite a few really good defensive prospects. I think Bourque and a centre prospect may get some interest. Byron would be the most likely name that comes to my mind. I think thats an obvious overpayment, but I may consider it.

I hate saying this, but I wouldn't be shocked if Feaster did move Bourque and a draft pick for Turris. Look at the Regehr trade, its no secret he has alot of interest in acquiring Turris. This whole situation will likely be resolved in the next month.

Old
11-07-2011, 12:05 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

I wouldnt do anything either than a straight up swap of Bourque for Turris. I would rather look for a 1st for Bourque, especially in this draft class. We could pick from 20-30 and still land an all-star defenseman.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote