Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Just now:

"Big bear on the prowl"

"He goes where the honey is.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
"The Big Bear is on the prowl! He smelled the honey and he just went in after it"
- On Latendresse breakaway goal
Here's the proof:

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
I have to say, my reaction to these guys is humor rather than annoyance. They crack me up.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 03:05 PM
mnwild

vCash: 125
I just wish they would show highlights of other games during the breaks and not some "faceoff" ********. No one cares who greenlay thinks was the best player from slovakia in 1997. Christ.

mnwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwild View Post
I just wish they would show highlights of other games during the breaks and not some "faceoff" ********. No one cares who greenlay thinks was the best player from slovakia in 1997. Christ.
Thats one of the most disappointing things about FSNorths coverage. While other RSN's cough up interesting featurettes and highlights during intermissions, FSNorth just seems to cough up filler.

I dont really want highlights of other games tho. I regularly DVR other games while I watch the Wild and dont want those ones spoiled

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwild View Post
The radio had Lou Nanne on during one of the intermissions the other night. I would rather listen to what he had to say than see and hear what D & D are facing off about.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Greenlay: "...and that draws the only penalty of the game so far..."

After Calgary had gotten like 3 or so PP so far this game.

Old
11-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Looking forward to numerous Big Bear Sightings throughout the year.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:43 AM
TwInS1095

vCash: 1760
Haha I actually don't mind our guys. Its good to hear optimism about the team during the game and they are hilarious. Mostly because they have weird quirks and nicknames and stuff, but I have ga good laugh during the games l. Like today when. Teraar called Spurgeon Falk for a shift. They are so not mistakeable its hilarious.

TwInS1095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

I really hope this Big Bear BS doesn't last throughout the year. Makes it sound like Lats is a leather daddy... Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 07:38 AM
LemaireisGOD

I said this on wild.com a month ago but its relevent to the thread here

Most teams do employ a broadcast team and radio man (in fact many announcers just have a single radio voice without an analyst probably in an effort to cut costs). Jeff Rimer (Columbus' play-by-play guy) is horribly annoying. He goes beyond just getting really excited when the Blue Jackets score, although I must say they have toned a little bit now that Danny Gare is no longer their analyst.

6 Worst TV broadcasts in the NHL IMO...

1. Canucks - mostly because of Garrett, complete a$$clown (oddly enough they were even worse in the final years with Jim Hughson because he became a giant homer of theirs even though he has one of the best voices in the game).
2. Blue Jackets - see above
3. Wild - Our tandem is terrible on so many levels...
4. Bruins - Jack Edwards is ridiculously biased
5. Ducks - Hayward is pretty awful
6. Red Wings - The play by play guy isn't too bad but Redmond is a terrible homer and sits and complains all through the game alot like Garrett does.

Dishonorable Mention - Stars - Strangis sucks and Darryl Reaugh is annoying, mental flatulence enough said...

6 Best TV broadcasts in the NHL IMO...

1. Sharks - Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda are outstanding, very neutral
2. Rangers - Rosen is excellent, definitely that national broadcaster polish, and Pat Micheletti is good too
3. Blackhawks - Foley and Olczyk are terrific and stay fairly neutral
4. Sabres - Rick Jeanneret is classic although I could do without Harry Neale (too many bad Leafs / CBC memories)
5. Capitals - Joe Beninatti is pretty good; and while Craig Laughlin sounds like a strange cross between a Chicagoan and Dan Akroyd he stays fairly neutral for the most part.
6. Kings - Bob Miller has literally been there from the beginning, and Foxx plays things pretty even

Honorable Mention - Oilers broadcasters are not too bad...

LemaireisGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 08:31 AM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemaireisGOD View Post
Most teams do employ a broadcast team and radio man (in fact many announcers just have a single radio voice without an analyst probably in an effort to cut costs). Jeff Rimer (Columbus' play-by-play guy) is horribly annoying. He goes beyond just getting really excited when the Blue Jackets score, although I must say they have toned a little bit now that Danny Gare is no longer their analyst.

6 Worst TV broadcasts in the NHL IMO...

1. Canucks - mostly because of Garrett, complete a$$clown (oddly enough they were even worse in the final years with Jim Hughson because he became a giant homer of theirs even though he has one of the best voices in the game).
2. Blue Jackets - see above
3. Wild - Our tandem is terrible on so many levels...
4. Bruins - Jack Edwards is ridiculously biased
5. Ducks - Hayward is pretty awful
6. Red Wings - The play by play guy isn't too bad but Redmond is a terrible homer and sits and complains all through the game alot like Garrett does.

Dishonorable Mention - Stars - Strangis sucks and Darryl Reaugh is annoying, mental flatulence enough said...

6 Best TV broadcasts in the NHL IMO...

1. Sharks - Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda are outstanding, very neutral
2. Rangers - Rosen is excellent, definitely that national broadcaster polish, and Pat Micheletti is good too
3. Blackhawks - Foley and Olczyk are terrific and stay fairly neutral
4. Sabres - Rick Jeanneret is classic although I could do without Harry Neale (too many bad Leafs / CBC memories)
5. Capitals - Joe Beninatti is pretty good; and while Craig Laughlin sounds like a strange cross between a Chicagoan and Dan Akroyd he stays fairly neutral for the most part.
6. Kings - Bob Miller has literally been there from the beginning, and Foxx plays things pretty even

Honorable Mention - Oilers broadcasters are not too bad...
Every time the Red wings get a penalty "Well i guess this is the new NHL..." or some variation, the Red Wings apparently never commit penalties, its just the NHL is becoming too sissified.

Also I hate Jack Edwards, but if I ever say something bad about him Bruins fans attack me.

Also I think the Blues TV guys are decent.

tomgilbertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Surly Furious

Too bad Jeanneret retired. He was old school.

Old
11-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

The thing that really bothers me about the Red Wings guys is that their play by play guy was employed by Versus last year to call an eastern conference playoff game between the rangers and someone, and he actually did a fairly excellent, pretty much un-biased job of it.

Right now my favorite broadcast team is probably the Sharks, followed by the Blues. Dave Strader who last year worked for Phoenix but was snatched up by Versus is also right up there at the top. Emrick does pretty good as well, most of the time, but he doesnt seem to like the "lesser known" teams of the Wesern Conference for whatever reason.

Old
11-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I liked when Beninatti did Versus but I guess he went back to doing just the Caps. Doc is always good and Gary Thorne was awesome when he did hockey. Only time you ever see him do hockey now is the frozen four. I also enjoyed Bill Clement when he was on the Versus intermission shows and what not but I guess he got tired of working with all the idiots and Red Wing homers so he left. Can't blame him. They've gotten better though with throwing in JR and Amonte. Still can't stand Mike Keenan when they have him on though.

Old
11-09-2011, 12:24 PM
LemaireisGOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
The thing that really bothers me about the Red Wings guys is that their play by play guy was employed by Versus last year to call an eastern conference playoff game between the rangers and someone, and he actually did a fairly excellent, pretty much un-biased job of it.

Right now my favorite broadcast team is probably the Sharks, followed by the Blues. Dave Strader who last year worked for Phoenix but was snatched up by Versus is also right up there at the top. Emrick does pretty good as well, most of the time, but he doesnt seem to like the "lesser known" teams of the Wesern Conference for whatever reason.
I think Beninati does enough other things like football, and Lacrosse games to make up for anything he's lost from doing the national NHL broadcasts. Strader and Emrick just being national is a huge part of this.

Yes, Buffalo broadcasts are not the same without Jeanerette. The Kelly guy who does the Blues games can be ok, but his "Thank you, thank you, thank you" goal call is annoying as crap. Darren Pang I don't mind too much though. Gary Thorne has a nice dramatic delivery and I'd love to see him on a national broadcast again. I know hockey is his favorite; its always surprised me since they went to versus they didn't bring him back. Bill Clement is a decent hockey analyst too.

I miss the Hockey Falls commercials.

LemaireisGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 02:08 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

The Flames guy is horrid. He's new this year and last night he was putting me to sleep.

But yes, Garrett is by far the worse. Glad u agree with me KC

SwimToTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Terhaar and @pulledgoalie playing ping pong in friend's napa man cave
http://twitter.com/#!/Russostrib/sta...91544580390913

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
"The wood for the ping-pong table is a native of Virginia, Minnesota. Big Bear would be right at home in this cave."

Old
11-10-2011, 01:48 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
"The wood for the ping-pong table is a native of Virginia, Minnesota. Big Bear would be right at home in this cave."
*groans loudly*

....because you're probably right on the money here.

Old
11-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Surly Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwInS1095 View Post
Haha I actually don't mind our guys. Its good to hear optimism about the team during the game and they are hilarious. Mostly because they have weird quirks and nicknames and stuff, but I have ga good laugh during the games l. Like today when. Teraar called Spurgeon Falk for a shift. They are so not mistakeable its hilarious.
I noticed that one as well.

Old
11-10-2011, 09:51 AM
mnwildgophers

These guys are a bunch of clowns, but they crack me up the whole game with the "changing on the fly" to Terhaar always misidentifying the Wild players. How does he misidentify the Wild players?!?!?

Big bear is probably the best thing that could ever happen to us. Hilarious every time.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
These guys are a bunch of clowns, but they crack me up the whole game with the "changing on the fly" to Terhaar always misidentifying the Wild players. How does he misidentify the Wild players?!?!?

Big bear is probably the best thing that could ever happen to us. Hilarious every time.
That's how I feel about it too. It's more of a comedy than it makes me angry.

Dee Oh Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Oh god. Greenlay starting to grow a stache. From the title of one of Iron Maiden't most famous songs "Run to the Hills"!!!!!

Old
11-10-2011, 09:09 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

If you include Robby I and Gorg, it's sure one hell of a goof troop they've assembled...

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote