HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pens at Sharks|"YU No Hold Lead?"

Old
11-04-2011, 07:03 PM
mpp9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Most disagree, but I think we should start dressing MacIntyre. I don't think the Sharks would have been seeking out all those fights last night if Mac were dressed. Players tend to be a little less brave.

Jeffrey's been seeing less than 10 minutes of ice time, no special teams time. What's the point?
Last night is not an example where Mac would have made a difference. We took the lead and chose to engage in fights. Just stupidity, pure and simple.

Although I do agree that unless they're going to shuffle the lines a bit more and give Jeffrey a shot with a player other than Adams, then you might as well bench him. He's not a 4th line player and doesn't seem to have the step right now to break through like he did last year.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking

Send a message via MSN to Jill Sandwich
Adversity now or insanity later?

Jill Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:03 PM
TheDudeAbides

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
Adams is a damn fool.

At the end of a very dominant period, he drops gloves with a big and a pretty able fighter. He wasn't standing up for a teammate, wasn't defending himself, it was one of those stupid, pointless, off-the-faceoff fights. From a guy who is a terrible fighter himself, and 100-to-1 to win it against Wichester, all he did was get the quiet crowd into the game and spark the Sharks bench. That was the only possible outcome as soon as his gloves hit the ice. From the moment he dropped them, and everyone saw which players were taking part in the fisticuffs, they all immediately knew he was going to lose. Everyone did.

From a veteran player and someone who is ostensibly one of our most cerebral guys out there, that was dumb. Shane Endicott dumb.

A few other players weren't good. Vitale. Niskanen was a disgrace. I've seen a lot better out of Letang. And Fleury and the Malkin line earned their keep. But Adams doing that just really, really burned me.
I concur here, I have absolutely NO idea what Adams was thinking. For someone who's supposed to be a borderline genius, he does so many idiotic things in the way of fights. You NEVER fight when your team has a 2-0 lead unless absolutely necessary especially if your not a fighter and Adams certainly isn't. Not just that, but could he have picked a worse match-up on that team? Seriously? You go after their enforcer? Adams picked alot of bad fights last year too. I think he may have his role confused, hes a grinder, not an enforcer. TBH I didn't even see the need for Engo's fight, but his I will excuse since fight selection is usually his strong suit. Adams hasn't exactly had a stellar start to the season and this isn't going to help.

TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:14 PM
TheDudeAbides

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oneironaut View Post
Malkin had a phenomenal game.

But he should never, under any circumstances, be allowed in shootouts. Brutal.
Yeah hes just awful, hes only had 2 shootout winners in 7 games.

TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:18 PM
vodeni

I don't really get all this Adams bashing about that fight. Who cares! Don't tell me that that had any impact on game. End of first period, nothing to carry over, if this had made the rest of our team to crap out than they don't deserve any better.

vodeni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodeni View Post
I don't really get all this Adams bashing about that fight. Who cares! Don't tell me that that had any impact on game. End of first period, nothing to carry over, if this had made the rest of our team to crap out than they don't deserve any better.
Yeah, I agree. The Pens didn't fall apart until about 10 or 11 minutes left in the 3rd period. All the fights happened in the 1st and 2nd period. The Pens built back up a 2 goal lead after all those fights. Just have to tip your cap to San Jose for staying the course and coming back to win.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 06:12 PM
clefty
What?

You really don't think that San Jose went into the locker room feeling pretty amped to get back out there? You don't think that lifted them at all after playing an entire period in their own zone?

Remember the Pens locker room in 24/7 when Deryk Engelland beat Colton Orr in a fight?

I'm no fight fan, but I wont deny it doesn't get people going, players included. There was absolutely no point in Adams fighting.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote