HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Is Clowe the best non-heavyweight fighter in the NHL?

Old
11-21-2011, 12:55 PM
AbsolonMoreau*

vCash: 500
Clowe was pissed at Barch for going after him at the end of his shift whereas Barch had just jumped on the ice.

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:56 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Mike Fisher used to be pretty good.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 02:43 PM
neksys

This thread makes me miss Rick Rypien.

neksys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 02:44 PM
HooliganX2

Clowe is a heavyweight. Just because he is a also a skilled player does not take away from him having size and strength. If you are as big as a heavyweight as strong as a heavyweight you are a heavyweight. If Clowe was a less skilled player he would most likely still be in the NHL as a fighter/grinder.

Anyone who has ever participated in a combat style sports knows why there are weight classes. Weight is in the word heavyweight for a specific reason. If I was going to box could I say I am a middleweight because I am less skilled then a pro boxer even though I weigh 240 lbs no I could not.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 02:47 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkLoc91 View Post
Clowe isn't getting Justice for his last fight in Dallas. Hockey fights has Barch winning at 62%. That is ridiculous.
Drop the gloves also has Barch winning the fight.

http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/Gam...76#Fight344976

Clowe lost; get over it. It happens.

This is actually Barch's second win against Clowe, which is surprising because Barch is one of the worst fighters in his class.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 02:55 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Clowe is a heavyweight. Just because he is a also a skilled player does not take away from him having size and strength. If you are as big as a heavyweight as strong as a heavyweight you are a heavyweight. If Clowe was a less skilled player he would most likely still be in the NHL as a fighter/grinder.

Anyone who has ever participated in a combat style sports knows why there are weight classes. Weight is in the word heavyweight for a specific reason. If I was going to box could I say I am a middleweight because I am less skilled then a pro boxer even though I weigh 240 lbs no I could not.
No, hockey is different. Do you really think Clowe could stand in there against MacIntyre, McGrattan, or Ivanans?

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Clowe isn't getting Justice for his last fight in Dallas. Hockey fights has Barch winning at 62%. That is ridiculous.
That was a good fight and very fair. I didn't see a clear advantage.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 03:39 PM
AbsolonMoreau*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post

This is actually Barch's second win against Clowe, which is surprising because Barch is one of the worst fighters in his class.
Barch went after Clowe at the end of Clowe's shift, not really expecting Clowe to win that.

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 03:59 PM
GreatGonzo
Registered Derp

Quote:

Please enlighten me then How Barch won this fight. 5 to 7? Clowe landed more AND had control of the fight most of the time. If anything they both landed the same amount. Barch had no clear advantage, did not bloody up Clowe, and didn't land any big punches, yet he wins..get over it?

Oh ya, him coming right off the bench and attacking Clowe, who actually played that game, dead tired, isn't unfair at all.

GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 04:11 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Please enlighten me then How Barch won this fight. 5 to 7? Clowe landed more AND had control of the fight most of the time. If anything they both landed the same amount. Barch had no clear advantage, did not bloody up Clowe, and didn't land any big punches, yet he wins..get over it?

Oh ya, him coming right off the bench and attacking Clowe, who actually played that game, dead tired, isn't unfair at all.
Wrong. Barch landed more and had control of the fight once he switched to his left. Clowe ended up eating several punches and had no answer to Barch's southpaw and ended up going down while Barch was still punching and landing. Clowe started off well, but ended up losing the fight. Get over it.

Watch the reply after the fight is over. Clowe was the one advancing on Barch and had his gloves off first. It's not like Barch jumped him and forced him to fight.

Old
11-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Eytinge

Quote:

Barch definitely got the edge in that fight. Which is a shock considering Barch is not that great of a heavyweight.

Last edited by Mike8: 11-21-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 04:30 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Barch definitely got the edge in that fight. Which is a shock considering Barch is considered not that great of a heavyweight.
Considering Barch IS a heavyweight and Clowe ISN'T...He should have won the fight.

Last edited by Mike8: 11-21-2011 at 06:00 PM.
MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 04:32 PM
GreatGonzo
Registered Derp

Quote:
Wrong. Barch landed more and had control of the fight once he switched to his left. Clowe ended up eating several punches and had no answer to Barch's southpaw and ended up going down while Barch was still punching and landing. Clowe started off well, but ended up losing the fight. Get over it.

Watch the reply after the fight is over. Clowe was the one advancing on Barch and had his gloves off first. It's not like Barch jumped him and forced him to fight.

He had control near the end, but Clowe had control for the most part. I don't see these 7 punches landed in a row....maybe you need to look closer. Like i said before, i would call it a DRAW, and i was disappointed with him having 62% of the vote. He didn't dominate, and Clowe was perfectly fine.

Barch had 5 minutes playing time that whole game, and came fresh off the bench, and attacked Clowe, not the other way around. Of course Clowe retaliated, Its Clowe. But he was coming off a shift, dead tired, with 1:44 left in the game. Ya, perfect time to fight someone. Get over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Barch definitely got the edge in that fight. Which is a shock considering Barch is considered not that great of a heavyweight.
Coming fresh off the bench and fighting a tired man gives you the edge, then ya he got the edge. You still haven't told me how Barch won, AINEC. For a guy who played most of the game, dead tired, pretty sure he did fine. Plus right after he slipped he was right back up wanting more. I know Clowe would have won if the refs let him go, he was pissed that Barch attacked him.

Last edited by Mike8: 11-21-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old
11-21-2011, 04:42 PM
GreatGonzo
Registered Derp

Quote:

That was A clear and solid Draw. Shows how much you know

Old
11-21-2011, 04:48 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
That was A clear and solid Draw. Shows how much you know
Unfortunately for you, you're in the minority with your position.

1st fight
http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/Gam...88#Fight111688

2nd fight

Old
11-21-2011, 04:53 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
He had control near the end, but Clowe had control for the most part. I don't see these 7 punches landed in a row....maybe you need to look closer. Like i said before, i would call it a DRAW, and i was disappointed with him having 62% of the vote. He didn't dominate, and Clowe was perfectly fine.

Barch had 5 minutes playing time that whole game, and came fresh off the bench, and attacked Clowe, not the other way around. Of course Clowe retaliated, Its Clowe. But he was coming off a shift, dead tired, with 1:44 left in the game. Ya, perfect time to fight someone. Get over it

Coming fresh off the bench and fighting a tired man gives you the edge, then ya he got the edge. You still haven't told me how Barch won, AINEC. For a guy who played most of the game, dead tired, pretty sure he did fine. Plus right after he slipped he was right back up wanting more. I know Clowe would have won if the refs let him go, he was pissed that Barch attacked him.
I didn't say he landed 7 punches in a row. I said he landed several right up to the point where Clowe " slipped " and went down.

Again, watch the reply when they show how the fight started. Clowe advanced on Barch and had his gloves off first. He wasn't forced into fight. Not a smart move by Clowe.

Clowe would have been demolished if Barch hadn't shown sportsmanship and the refs hadn't come in. He was knocked down and was extremely vulnerable but was lucky that Barch stopped punching and the refs stopped the fight.

Last edited by Mike8: 11-21-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old
11-21-2011, 04:55 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
Unfortunately for you, you're in the minority with your position.

1st fight

2nd fight
that is the ugliest website I've ever seen.

Draw 49.6%
Ryane Clowe 27.2%
Krys Barch 23.2%

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/93419

11-21-2011, 05:25 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
Considering Barch IS a heavyweight and Clowe ISN'T...He should have won the fight.
Barch is
6'1 209 lbs

Clowe is
6'2 225 lbs

Clowe is bigger then Barch. I don't see how Barch is a heavyweight and Clowe is not. Also Clowe had 12 fights last season Barch had 12 fights.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Barch is 215 lbs
Clowe is 225 lbs

So who is the heavyweight and who is not?

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 06:24 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
that is the ugliest website I've ever seen.

Draw 49.6%
Ryane Clowe 27.2%
Krys Barch 23.2%

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/93419
I find that DYG is more reliable and objective than hockeyfights. The votes and descriptions are moderated to make sure biased/homer views don't run rampant. I haven't been to hockeyfights.com in awhile, but the last time I was there, this wasn't the case for their website. DYG also has a much larger database of fights. It looks ugly, but it's the best hockey fights website on the net.

Old
11-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Clowe Me

That fight was a draw. Clowe slipped down at the end, it wasn't a punch that got him. I'm happy there was bad blood and chippy play. These teams don't like each other and they shouldn't. Add some life to what has been a pretty bland season so far.

Clowe Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 07:23 PM
straka91*

He is the true definition of a power foward. Also a good scrapper to beat. I wish there were more players like him in the league.

straka91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Stickmata

Lucic and Clowe are in class by themselves because they are legitimate fighters who can stand up for their teammates while also putting up 60+ points, which is a very valuable combination in this league. Nobody else in the league with their pugilistic skills was even close to them in points last season.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Egoclapper

A lot of guys are mixing up heavyweight and enforcer. 200-205 pounds + is a heavyweight, usually closer to 220-245 pounds.

Clowe is a skill heavyweight player that is willing to fight heavyweight enforcers. Very impressive.

Lucic is a skill heavyweight player that likes to go after light heavyweight skill players/non-enforcers. Would love him on my team, but he's a goon.

Egoclapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:28 PM
straka91*

Quote:
Eh, I always thoughr of Barch as a really good MW who can handle the big guys if it comes to it. I like the guy but he should not be shotguning a team as a heavy. Thankfully Joe got Godard for next season.

straka91* is offline   Reply With Quote