HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/4/11 - 7:30PM EDT - Chicago vs Tampa Bay

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2011, 11:19 PM
IdealisticSniper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcGz View Post
Natural one too! My favorite.

Didn't like the cameras on Stammer the whole time though after the goal. Its nice to see if Lightning fans remember to throw their hats on the ice for a hat trick!
Just for the record it was NOT a natural hattrick. A natural one is 3 in a row without anyone scoring in between. Stamkos scored his first goal and then 5 other goals were scored before he scored his second and third.

Old
11-04-2011, 11:28 PM
MrMcGz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Just for the record it was NOT a natural hattrick. A natural one is 3 in a row without anyone scoring in between. Stamkos scored his first goal and then 5 other goals were scored before he scored his second and third.
My mistake...Been living in the south so long I forgot my hockey roots. Plus the Heineken was going down smooth tonight! For some reason I was thinking it was 3 + goals in one period. Thanks for the correction.

Old
11-04-2011, 11:50 PM
CommunistDayKare
I'M SORRY RUM HAM

That's exactly what we needed. We got the 2 points.

Old
11-04-2011, 11:54 PM
CommunistDayKare
I'M SORRY RUM HAM

I don't know if Sun pointed it out since I was watching the CSN Chicago broadcast, but this is the second time Stammer got a natural hatty at home against the Blackhawks.

Also CSN did provide PLENTY of views of the Teslas. And you heard them pregame on the WGN pregame show (missed the first half of the 1st period sitting in traffic. Forgot how bad Chicago traffic is)

Old
11-05-2011, 12:06 AM
AllAbout813

Man did I luck out with the game I chose to go to. Amazing. The boys brought the thunder and didnt let the 2 goal deficit keep them down. And loved seeing Stammer light it up.

And on another note, the stadium looks crazy awesome. I was blown away. The organ area is very cool and reminds me of the pirate ship area at ray jay. Everything looks so clean and updated. And the coils are cool as ****. I am one pleased bolts fan tonight. #boom

Old
11-05-2011, 12:19 AM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcGz View Post
My mistake...Been living in the south so long I forgot my hockey roots. Plus the Heineken was going down smooth tonight! For some reason I was thinking it was 3 + goals in one period. Thanks for the correction.
No prob. Didnt mean to sound rude if it came off that way. Just a stickler for some things haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunistDayKare View Post
I don't know if Sun pointed it out since I was watching the CSN Chicago broadcast, but this is the second time Stammer got a natural hatty at home against the Blackhawks.

Also CSN did provide PLENTY of views of the Teslas. And you heard them pregame on the WGN pregame show (missed the first half of the 1st period sitting in traffic. Forgot how bad Chicago traffic is)
Pssst....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post

Old
11-05-2011, 12:30 AM
zeykshade

How about Pyatt opening up the OT with the 1 man cycle in the hawks corner? I am loving how he plays, it's like having 2 Nate Thompsons...

Old
11-05-2011, 12:37 AM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
How about Pyatt opening up the OT with the 1 man cycle in the hawks corner? I am loving how he plays, it's like having 2 Nate Thompsons...
It looks like hes starting to grasp the system and become more comfortable.

If only I could say the same for Shannon. He just looks horrible and its a shame too. No idea why hes struggling so much. So much potential there...

Old
11-05-2011, 12:41 AM
snowden
Man is matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
I like the new TNA line

Old
11-05-2011, 02:09 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Pyatt has picked up the system faster than Shannon and i'm eating crow for it. I pegged Shannon as the wunderkind for this system and hes just ******** the bed right now - bad pinches, bad digs in the corner, generally out of position. Its tough.

Connolly and Pyatt are all over it though. Good on them.

Ugly win, but a win. Did we deserve it? Depends how you look at the game. This is the NHL though and you take what you can get.

Old
11-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
Pyatt has picked up the system faster than Shannon and i'm eating crow for it. I pegged Shannon as the wunderkind for this system and hes just ******** the bed right now - bad pinches, bad digs in the corner, generally out of position. Its tough.

Connolly and Pyatt are all over it though. Good on them.

Ugly win, but a win. Did we deserve it? Depends how you look at the game. This is the NHL though and you take what you can get.
Pyatt also played for Boucher in Hamilton.

Old
11-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

vCash: 134
Pyatt has been great. Whoever said two Nate Thompson's is exactly right... those two just won't give up the puck. Really loving how he is fitting in. I was originally a little sad Tyrell wasn't with the big club this year, but Pyatt has filled his role incredibly well. Disappointed with Shannon so far (and obviously Blair Jones, too), but I think Shannon will pick it up eventually. He's obviously really fast out there, he just needs some time.

Old
11-05-2011, 07:14 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Pyatt also played for Boucher in Hamilton.
This. Totally different roles too. In a best case scenario Pyatt is your Thompson clone while Shannon was/is expected to fight his way into our top-6 and become a mix of Bergenheim and Purcell.

Old
11-05-2011, 07:39 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
This. Totally different roles too. In a best case scenario Pyatt is your Thompson clone while Shannon was/is expected to fight his way into our top-6 and become a mix of Bergenheim and Purcell.
Shannon really is 'the new guy' since Pyatt played for Boucher before, and pretty much everyone else is returning.

Semi-unrelated, but Hedman did an audible last night, which is something I haven't seen in a while. Those can be beneficial in letting players know what they're going to try to do. They may be considered somewhat too basic in the NHL, as everyone already knows the systems the usual systems, but this is the mother****ing 1-3-1, and no one knows what's going to happen. (except Boucher)

Whatever Hedman called out, needs to be changed to 'Computer Blue'. It's code, you see.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 11-05-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old
11-05-2011, 10:18 AM
brevard*

Observations from a Blackhawk fan.
First a non hockey *****. How about some ****ing signs to guide people? Yes you have permanent signs everywhere ... then construction and closed roads.
WOW What a game.
Chicago got what they needed, 3 out of 4 points on the Florida swing, getting Crawford a night off before Vancouver on Sunday, Keith who (it was reported in Chicago) could have played gets 2 more days to rehab a bad wrist.
The Bolts needed that 2nd point more and earned it. It is really fun to watch 2 teams with such explosive firepower play the game.

I was surprised that the crowd was probably 30% Hawk fans and the lower bowl was possibly more than half Hawk fans. How are the lightning drawing? I was raised in Chicago but live in Cocoa Beach, my brother flew down and we went to both games. I bought tix from the box office on Oct. 28, 3rd row near faceoff dot where the Hawks shot twice. Both rows 1 and 2 were nearly empty. Seemed odd to me ... and for the record I used to live in Pinellas county (Seminole) and was a partial STH in the "Thunderdome". If you are permitted 2 favorite teams I would consider the Bolts my 2nd. I was hoping for a packed house. They have great ownership and management but if seats stay empty how long does a guy dump cash in a product?
Other fans were pretty cool with us we had a great time sans 1 guy post game who thought the Lightning winning meant he could knock our hats off. Cops quickly there and I figured being the out of towners we would be in trouble but other fans (in T-bay jerseys) told them the other guy was being a dick and they took him instead.

Nice arena, but I want to say 1 thing you can all ***** at me for. The biggest negative comment from Hawk fans we heard between periods/postgame, ... your scoreboard has to tell you (not all of you ... but perception) when to cheer. They did it in Sunrise on Thursday as well. I have been to more than half of the arenas in the NHL these were the first 2 times I have ever seen that.
And no time clock/score/sog on the main scoreboard during breaks when video telling you to cheer takes up the whole screen.

All in all though great game and a very good hockey experience.

Old
11-05-2011, 11:38 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Just a thrilling game to watch. I've watched the highlights over and over and still get way too excited. I'm hoping Stamkos and Marty continue to stay hot similar to their tear at the beginning of last season. Very nice to see Stamkos score from his trademark spot on the pp again.

Old
11-05-2011, 12:57 PM
BeachBolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post

I was surprised that the crowd was probably 30% Hawk fans and the lower bowl was possibly more than half Hawk fans. How are the lightning drawing? I was raised in Chicago but live in Cocoa Beach, my brother flew down and we went to both games. I bought tix from the box office on Oct. 28, 3rd row near faceoff dot where the Hawks shot twice. Both rows 1 and 2 were nearly empty. Seemed odd to me ... and for the record I used to live in Pinellas county (Seminole) and was a partial STH in the "Thunderdome". If you are permitted 2 favorite teams I would consider the Bolts my 2nd. I was hoping for a packed house. They have great ownership and management but if seats stay empty how long does a guy dump cash in a product?
Other fans were pretty cool with us we had a great time sans 1 guy post game who thought the Lightning winning meant he could knock our hats off. Cops quickly there and I figured being the out of towners we would be in trouble but other fans (in T-bay jerseys) told them the other guy was being a dick and they took him instead.

1. Transplants
2. Chicago only comes to town once a year which means all the transplants splurge for the expensive tickets to that one game. Notice there were barely any Blackhawks fans in the Upper Deck. There were 2 in my entire section.
3. We're top 10 in attendance drawing 18,999 per game. Our lowest game has been 18,181 against the Islanders on a Thursday night.

Last edited by BeachBolt: 11-05-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old
11-05-2011, 02:13 PM
brevard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBolt View Post
1. Transplants
2. Chicago only comes to town once a year which means all the transplants splurge for the expensive tickets to that one game. Notice there were barely any Blackhawks fans in the Upper Deck. There were 2 in my entire section.
3. We're top 10 in attendance drawing 18,999 per game. Our lowest game has been 18,181 against the Islanders on a Thursday night.
Cool but it seems like it would be the other teams fans in the expensive seats on a regular basis then. The usher at the top of the stairs seemed to say as much. Of course from an ownership pov tickets sold are tickets sold.

Old
11-05-2011, 02:47 PM
snowden
Man is matter

My guess is the majority of those tickets got scooped up by the Chicago fans shortly after tickets went on sale. The Winnipeg game I went to last Saturday was really full in the 100 level and was the only place I could buy 2 tickets together (for a higher price than I really wanted to pay, of course). And the 100 level was pretty much mostly Lightning fans with the occasional Jet fan. I would assume some of those Hawks fans are also Lightning season ticket holders who can't/won't let go of their previous team, like was mentioned already in the thread. It's just something that this area deals with in every sport, since our teams are all so young and we have so many transplants.

Old
11-05-2011, 02:53 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
Cool but it seems like it would be the other teams fans in the expensive seats on a regular basis then. The usher at the top of the stairs seemed to say as much. Of course from an ownership pov tickets sold are tickets sold.
Its not uncommon to have a new wave of bandwagoners for an original six team with people that have since left the area. Detroit games are worse.

It feels like the same thing over and over though - season ticket holders that show up for a game with a Kane jersey when CHI is in, or a Datsyuk when Detroit is here, or a Lucic jersey when the Bruins are here because "oh i'm from there, they're my original team!" but they couldn't tell you the slightest about the history of the team or players. One guy didn't even know Denis Savard. Come on man.

Denis ****ing Savard.

Not to mention our ticket prices are frozen too, you can get lowers for sub 90 on some nights and all you can eat/drink club levels for 150. Our ticket prices are ****ing AWESOME.

Old
11-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Blue Liner

Congrats on the win. That was a crazy second period. Talk about action. Always have liked your team and glad to see them doing well. Stamkos is becoming a real Hawk killer.

Side note, really like the new uniforms this year. Sharp.

Old
11-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Boucher: Garon to start tomorrow in Sunrise.
http://twitter.com/#!/TBLightning/st...91219373199360

Quote:
The Lightning have assigned forward Mattias Ritola to the Norfolk Admirals of the American Hockey League.
http://twitter.com/#!/TBLightning/st...65271122759684

Old
11-06-2011, 01:11 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Congrats on the win. That was a crazy second period. Talk about action. Always have liked your team and glad to see them doing well. Stamkos is becoming a real Hawk killer.

Side note, really like the new uniforms this year. Sharp.
You leave him out of this! Hes a SAINT! A SAINT!

Closed Thread