HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

How much hockey do you watch?

Old
10-08-2011, 02:27 AM
Ryker

vCash: 500
How much hockey do you watch?

How much hockey do you guys (and girls) watch on a daily basis? I was just thinking about this, since even though I try and stay away from posting here too much, I do spend at least a couple of hours daily reading articles or watching highlights (lately I haven't been able to watch full games, which is kind of a bummer, seeing as how it's way more fun than just the highlights).

Also, do you only watch and follow the Flyers, or try and stay up to date with what's going on in the league in general?

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:36 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

I try and watch all the games I can leaguewide. I typically only read Flyers articles and whatnot.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:47 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I try and watch all the games I can leaguewide. I typically only read Flyers articles and whatnot.
God damn, how much free time do you have?

And i consistently watch the Flyers and Predators.. Probably will start watching the Kings this year too

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 02:49 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Every flyers game, and the occasional game that is on during the day in the UK.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:12 AM
mirimon

I watch a lot more hockey than is rational, seeing as how I don't get paid to do it. I don't read so much about it though, generally speaking sports writers suck.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:42 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

I tend to watch as many games as possible, which leads to a very weird sleeping schedule.
During the week I usually sleep from 8 PM to 1 AM, which is when the games start, and watch till I have to go to work (around 6 AM).

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:48 AM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
I just try and watch every Flyer game. I might now watch some L.A games also

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:19 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Typically watch the flyers games all the time get home and watch most of the highlights from all the other games that night then flip thru NHL network and center ice for a while when I do watch tv. Nothing else is ever on either I don't really watch much of anything else

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

I watch zero hockey games per year, because I live in Mobile, Alabama where my cable provider does not have Versus and I don't have the NHL network, or whatever it is called. I could catch the odd Thrashers game on Sport South about once a month, but now that they are gone, there is nothing. There isn't even ECHL here anymore.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I watch zero hockey games per year, because I live in Mobile, Alabama where my cable provider does not have Versus and I don't have the NHL network, or whatever it is called. I could catch the odd Thrashers game on Sport South about once a month, but now that they are gone, there is nothing. There isn't even ECHL here anymore.

http://www.nhltorrents.co.uk

Try and see if they are open for registrations.. I dont have an invite or id invite you..

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

I see all Flyers games. I also get the Center Ice package and watch as many games as I can. I watch games on Versus and any that are on the NHL network. As far as reading goes. Since 73 (except for one year) I get the Hockey News. I also check out TSN everyday and NHL Live. I read pretty much anything I can get my hands on. I have a ton of books about the history of the sport etc.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 08:53 AM
DayoftheGreek

I watch almost every Flyers game. I end up missing a few because random things some up of course. Every now and then I manage to catch another teams game and I will watch them if I have nothing to do.

Come playoff time, I watch as much as I can. Versus runs games from 7pm to 1pm almost every day for weeks.

DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 08:58 AM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

Every Flyers game unless work prevents me. I usually will watch 7-8 other games off and on during the week and during intermissions, mostly Eastern Conference due to the time difference.

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 09:06 AM
FlyersFan61290

I watch every Flyers game and i watch the highlights from all other nhl games the next day via nhl.com or youtube. if i have the time and the means to watch other games i will but those opportunities are few and far between. i would like to see some kings games this year since gags and richie were my favorite flyers but i don't think it'll happen. speaking of richie he had a real good first game as a king. he tied the game at 2-2 with the rags to force overtime and had the primary on the OT game winner.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Justified
Sack Holmgren &Amaro

vCash: 673
It depends, Ill watch every Flyers game. When baseball isnt on I will watch other games around the league.

Justified is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:15 AM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Not much considering I'm playing it 4-5 days a week. I used to watch every game I could though

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:17 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

I watch all Flyers games, and almost every Habs games. I will now be following L.A as well, especially since their time zone doesn't conflict with either Habs nor Flyer games.

I don't even want to start think about the amount of time I waste messing around on Capgeek...

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:32 AM

I really can't understand how people can follow more than one team. I mean, I have a small soft spot for the Lightning but that's only a 'look out for their results' kinda thing. It's Flyers or nothing for me.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Yosemite Sam

vCash: 1050
I watch much more hockey than is healthy for my marriage.

It's all about priorities.

Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:41 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
I really can't understand how people can follow more than one team. I mean, I have a small soft spot for the Lightning but that's only a 'look out for their results' kinda thing. It's Flyers or nothing for me.
in just about every sport i follow a team from the other conference or league to follow since they don't play Philadelphia that often. years ago i followed the blackhawks because i always liked sharp from his flyers days and i liked the direction of the organization (kane and towes) but after the scf i started to hate them. last year i was kinda in limbo for a western team but w/ gags and richie in LA the decision was kinda made for me.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:47 AM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Any hockey thats televised I would usually watch over anything else.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:48 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
It's not following teams, it's loving the sport, regardless of what team is on. At least for me.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
It's not following teams, it's loving the sport, regardless of what team is on. At least for me.
I agree. It is all about loving the sport. It is the greatest game in the world and hockey players are the most down to earth people in sports. I used to go on some of the legends trips and they would put me right on the bench during games to work the door. Tell me that is not fun! Sit in the dressing room with the likes of Propp, Joe Watson, Izzy. They treated me like I was one of the boys.

Old
10-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I watch every Flyers game and i watch the highlights from all other nhl games the next day via nhl.com or youtube. if i have the time and the means to watch other games i will but those opportunities are few and far between. i would like to see some kings games this year since gags and richie were my favorite flyers but i don't think it'll happen. speaking of richie he had a real good first game as a king. he tied the game at 2-2 with the rags to force overtime and had the primary on the OT game winner.
Jeff had a good game with two helpers in a 3-2 loss.
Strange seeing them both not in the black and orange.

Old
10-08-2011, 12:12 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
For me it is pretty simple. I live in a hockey town where everyone talks about the Habs, so it is almost impossible for me not to follow them. Even if I actively tried not to follow the Habs and only talked about Flyers with co-workers and friends, then I would just look like a ******-bag.

I'd rather be a knowledgeable fan that respects good hockey regardless of the team, than an ignorant fan who is also a Die hard fan(not saying those are synonymous).

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote