HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Calgary Flames 1 - Buffalo Sabres 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2011, 06:05 PM
  #26
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY
 
Svensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: C OF RED
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 50
I think Regehr got traded for a reason. In order to get rid of Stajan and Hagman's contracts, we had to ship Regehr. It's all strategy as Regehr will "tunnel of death" both Hagman and Stajan. Lifetime placement on Injury List

But seriously, i miss Regehr.

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 06:09 PM
  #27
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,114
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselCGY View Post
I think Regehr got traded for a reason. In order to get rid of Stajan and Hagman's contracts, we had to ship Regehr. It's all strategy as Regehr will "tunnel of death" both Hagman and Stajan. Lifetime placement on Injury List

But seriously, i miss Regehr.
...Feaster is a god damned genuis

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 06:11 PM
  #28
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY
 
Svensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: C OF RED
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
...Feaster is a god damned genuis
As much as people think he should get fired... I don't agree with them at all. (So far at least) He has a mentality of getting younger and more skill.

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 06:31 PM
  #29
DouglasQuaid
Blabbed about Mars
 
DouglasQuaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
That highlight package made me miss Reggie that much more...

DouglasQuaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 06:46 PM
  #30
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,114
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselCGY View Post
As much as people think he should get fired... I don't agree with them at all. (So far at least) He has a mentality of getting younger and more skill.
At first, I wanted him gone, but I really don't care anymore, lol.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 06:50 PM
  #31
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,634
vCash: 50
Glad Karlsson is starting.

Rob Kerr is still an awful PBP guy. Always sounds so bored.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:03 PM
  #32
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,114
vCash: 50
Anyone have a feed?

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:07 PM
  #33
number72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 500
Anyone understand this trade:
Regher + Kotalik + 2nd for Byron and Butler

Why a freaken 2nd? It would make more sense to buyout kotalik ourselves.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:11 PM
  #34
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,634
vCash: 50
nice save by Karlsson

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:12 PM
  #35
Doogee
Cammy!
 
Doogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Anyone have a feed?
http://www.ilemi.me/33161/2/Watch-Bu...algary-Flames/

Doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:12 PM
  #36
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy
 
Janko Unchained's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 240
What a save. I think Kerr might have came in his pants, that's the most emotion he's shown all season.

Janko Unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:16 PM
  #37
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,898
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Anyone understand this trade:
Regher + Kotalik + 2nd for Byron and Butler

Why a freaken 2nd? It would make more sense to buyout kotalik ourselves.
I'm pretty sure Feaster thought that with all the UFA's we have on our squad that he would easily be able to recoup that loss. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I think the big guy jumped at the opportunity to be able to dump Kotalik. I'm pretty confident he will be able to re-acquire a 2nd round pick.

But yeah, I think Regehr and Kotalik for Butler and Byron would of been a more than fair trade. I think Feaster had already agreed on the deal with having Butler and Byron coming here, and when he brought up Kotalik the cost of it for us was to add in a 2nd round pick.

Karlsson has looked really good so far!

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:19 PM
  #38
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,114
vCash: 50
Are they seriously only 7 minutes in, and 18 shots on net?

Edit: Nevermind. The Boxscore on NHL.com was messed up.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:27 PM
  #39
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,867
vCash: 67
That first period pissed me off. Why don't the refs just give the game to Buffalo...

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:41 PM
  #40
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,898
vCash: 50
5 on 3, lets go boys!!

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:42 PM
  #41
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy
 
Janko Unchained's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 240
Holy Anton!

Janko Unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:44 PM
  #42
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,114
vCash: 50
is it just me, or has Glencross become much more physical than he was last year?

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:45 PM
  #43
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,898
vCash: 50
I'm puzzled as to why Babchuk has not been playing more. Man that guy has a canon! Hail to The Anton!!

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:47 PM
  #44
Doogee
Cammy!
 
Doogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Had to hit the post, ffs.

Doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:47 PM
  #45
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,634
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Anyone understand this trade:
Regher + Kotalik + 2nd for Byron and Butler

Why a freaken 2nd? It would make more sense to buyout kotalik ourselves.
When the trade was first announced Feaster broke it down into

Regehr for Byron + Butler
2nd + Kotalik for cap space.

A couple of weeks later, the Sabres GM came out and said the deal was

Regehr + Kotalik for Butler
2nd for Byron

Feaster would later support this model.

So the 2nd was either for Byron or to dump Kotalik's contract. Both can be considered overpayments from the Flames side.

In any case, whatever deal you think is more likely to have happened, it still looks bad on Feasters part. He either thought Byron was worth a 2nd (he's not) or he thought dumping Kotalik contract & cap hit was worth it (again, no seeing as how the Sabres were able to get his cap hit off the books by sending him to Europe). It was a bad trade on his part unless ownership told him to clear salary. There's plenty of evidence that supports that conclusion, but there's also some that suggests that's not the case.

As for Feaster saying he could/can easily recoup that lost 2nd pick, well two things. First, any 2nd round pick pick they acquire by trading away UFA's at the deadline will be a lot higher than the Flames own pick. Secondly, if the Flames are trading away UFA's it would undoubtedly mean they'd need to be stockpiling picks, not trading them away.

Not to mention Feaster said the same thing about the 7th he dealt for Modin. He sure came through on that. Oh wait.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:50 PM
  #46
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,114
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
When the trade was first announced Feaster broke it down into

Regehr for Byron + Butler
2nd + Kotalik for cap space.

A couple of weeks later, the Sabres GM came out and said the deal was

Regehr + Kotalik for Butler
2nd for Byron

Feaster would later support this model.

So the 2nd was either for Byron or to dump Kotalik's contract. Both can be considered overpayments from the Flames side.

In any case, whatever deal you think is more likely to have happened, it still looks bad on Feasters part. He either thought Byron was worth a 2nd (he's not) or he thought dumping Kotalik contract & cap hit was worth it (again, no seeing as how the Sabres were able to get his cap hit off the books by sending him to Europe). It was a bad trade on his part unless ownership told him to clear salary. There's plenty of evidence that supports that conclusion, but there's also some that suggests that's not the case.

As for Feaster saying he could/can easily recoup that lost 2nd pick, well two things. First, any 2nd round pick pick they acquire by trading away UFA's at the deadline will be a lot higher than the Flames own pick. Secondly, if the Flames are trading away UFA's it would undoubtedly mean they'd need to be stockpiling picks, not trading them away.

Not to mention Feaster said the same thing about the 7th he dealt for Modin. He sure came through on that. Oh wait.
Honestly, I still hate that trade. I really haven't been impressed with Butler so far.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:57 PM
  #47
Doogee
Cammy!
 
Doogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Can someone just hold onto the puck, please.

Doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 08:02 PM
  #48
Unlimited Chequing
Hangin' in the dome
 
Unlimited Chequing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 5001
Haha holy smokes, Hot Karl plays the puck and draws a TMM!

Unlimited Chequing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 08:07 PM
  #49
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,634
vCash: 50
Karlsson's been really good. The rest of the team: meh.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 08:14 PM
  #50
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,114
vCash: 50
I hereby take back everything bad I've ever said about Tower.

Also, it's possible the boxscore hasn't been updated, but its showing Reggie at only 10 minutes of icetime this game so far. This accurate? If it is, why so little?

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.