HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why? Rundblad, Konopka out; Daugavins, Lee in;

Old
11-05-2011, 11:14 AM
LC

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama View Post
race 1 (rs)
n.
1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution.
So are Torontonians a race? If so, you're whole board is racist!

LC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 11:20 AM
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!

vCash: 50
They said they wanted to monitor Rundblads games played and icetime, as this is his first NA season.

The Turret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Jorec

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
So are Torontonians a race? If so, you're whole board is racist!
I think that'd make all of Canada that isn't Toronto racist.

Jorec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 12:24 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Could I ask you on Brian Lee? How is his speed, ice vision, defensive, play in the front of town net ? Thanks.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Could I ask you on Brian Lee? How is his speed, ice vision, defensive, play in the front of town net ? Thanks.
Speed: Average, steady skater all around though. He doesn't skate the puck much he's usually just quick and safe on the outlet.

Ice vision: mediocre, like I said, it's usually the easy outlet pass and extremely extremely simple in the offensive zone. Generally efficient, but nothing flashy.

Defensively and infront of his net he's gotten more assertive over the years, he knows he has to play D first to succeed despite being drafted as an offensive player (fail).

His biggest problem is he's so ****ing mediocre and doesn't do anything at a really high end level. I think he'll play in the league for a good while just because he's serviceable to teams that are hurting on defense.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Karlssonlee

Quote:
Good skater, above average speed, good mobility.

Good outlet pass, plays the simple and easy pass.

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 01:31 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

thanks

Old
11-05-2011, 01:52 PM
topshelfie

our powerplay is 2 full minutes of karlsson and gonchar and a bit of kuba, we need rundblad to play.

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 02:31 PM
DukeNukem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Speed: Average, steady skater all around though. He doesn't skate the puck much he's usually just quick and safe on the outlet.

Ice vision: mediocre, like I said, it's usually the easy outlet pass and extremely extremely simple in the offensive zone. Generally efficient, but nothing flashy.

Defensively and infront of his net he's gotten more assertive over the years, he knows he has to play D first to succeed despite being drafted as an offensive player (fail).

His biggest problem is he's so ****ing mediocre and doesn't do anything at a really high end level. I think he'll play in the league for a good while just because he's serviceable to teams that are hurting on defense.
I wish that he would play for someone else. Nothing personal at all here, I just think he need a change of scenery and maybe we could get something for him.

DukeNukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNukem View Post
I wish that he would play for someone else. Nothing personal at all here, I just think he need a change of scenery and maybe we could get something for him.
They'll trade him if possible, being the odd man out he'll probably just sit alot. Maybe they put him on waivers again when Carkner is back and someone takes a chance because they've seen he can play.

Old
11-05-2011, 03:41 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
They'll trade him if possible, being the odd man out he'll probably just sit alot. Maybe they put him on waivers again when Carkner is back and someone takes a chance because they've seen he can play.
It could also depend what happens with Kuba & Carkner who are both UFAs. If both are traded between now & the deadline they could decide to keep Lee but I tend to lean towards Murray trading both Kuba & Lee & keeping Carkner. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Carkner is re-signed especially if Konopka is traded because I think Murray & Maclean both like his toughness in the lineup. He is also an asset because he can play forward or defence which is always a good option to have in your lineup in case a D goes down or is in the penalty box Carkner is very effective on the PK with his size & strength.

I know every draft is different but isn't it a little weird that Lee was drafted 9th in his draft yr & Karlsson (15th) & Rundblad (16th) were drafted later in their draft yrs yet both are ahead of Lee on our depth chart & in playing time. Isn't it also weird that Lee was named Mr. Minnesota & Daivd Fisher was also named Mr. Minnesota the yr before they were drafted, both drafted in the first round & both (especially Fisher) seem to be dropping off the map.

Last edited by aragorn: 11-05-2011 at 03:48 PM.
aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 03:42 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I would like to get him for a 3th round draft pick (or Mason ... O.K. stop trolling ) because IMo he should be more fit for us than Russell, Johnson or Clitsome. An ideal player for the third pairing with offensive d-man, for example Johny Moore IMO. What do you think? Is it possible? Does he know to clean a place in the front of the net?

Old
11-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I know every draft is different but isn't it a little weird that Lee was drafted 9th in his draft yr & Karlsson (15th) & Rundblad (16th) were drafted later in their draft yrs yet both are ahead of Lee on our depth chart & in playing time. Isn't it also weird that Lee was named Mr. Minnesota & Daivd Fisher was also named Mr. Minnesota the yr before they were drafted, both drafted in the first round & both (especially Fisher) seem to be dropping off the map.
Deeper drafts and different regimes at the helm. Wouldn't be surprised if in 2005 Tim Murray, as Head Scout of NYR, went when Muckler's boys took Brian Lee at #9 and he still had a shot at Marc Staal.

Old
11-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
I would like to get him for a 3th round draft pick (or Mason ... O.K. stop trolling ) because IMo he should be more fit for us than Russell, Johnson or Clitsome. An ideal player for the third pairing with offensive d-man, for example Johny Moore IMO. What do you think? Is it possible? Does he know to clean a place in the front of the net?
It's hard to tell with Lee because he plays so inconsistently. The only time he's ever had a chance to just play every night was middle to late last season, he played in a shutdown pair with Phillips, and they did well. Lee did all the basic things right, and did it in 20+ minutes a night.

Lee's value will depend a lot on how much he plays. If he's continuously in the press box and they just need to try to let him move on (like they tried last year)...maybe they just waive him at some point. Someone's more likely to bite now that scouts have seen him play well. People got into the wrong line of thinking last year that he was worth nothing because he went unclaimed through waivers...he went unclaimed through waivers because he never go to play. When he played, he did fairly well.

Old
11-05-2011, 05:01 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Done. Nice doing business witchya.

Yes Lee is very physical you will like him

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
What? For real?

I ain't even mad.

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 07:03 PM
pepty

vCash: 400
Quote:
I think he would be a good pick up for Columbus.

He is a solid if unspectacular player.

It would be best for Lee and his development if he played somewhere where he wasn't considered a spare part.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 02:52 AM
Bender66
Send in the clowns

Any thoughts on whether Konopka will dress for wed against the Rangers? I assume with the Alfie incident from last week it's going to get ugly ...

Bender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 02:00 PM
number72

I no longer question Mclean who somehow managed to get this team to a .500 record.
He knows how to motivate the team and get results when I thought at best this team would be playing for a lottery pick.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 02:05 PM
True Story

Last edited by True Story: 05-04-2012 at 06:48 PM.
True Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender66 View Post
Any thoughts on whether Konopka will dress for wed against the Rangers? I assume with the Alfie incident from last week it's going to get ugly ...
Woski's not playing.

Old
11-06-2011, 02:14 PM
PKC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
I no longer question Mclean who somehow managed to get this team to a .500 record.
He knows how to motivate the team and get results when I thought at best this team would be playing for a lottery pick.
“When [a coach goes] to a place and suddenly they’re way better than you thought,” Babcock said, “maybe they weren’t playing as good as they should have been playing.”

Babcock on MacLean. Food for thought.

PKC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

This team always needs more Rundblad. Surprised he was out against Buffalo too.

Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
This team always needs more Rundblad. Surprised he was out against Buffalo too.
Needs some ahl time.

Old
11-06-2011, 06:25 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Needs some ahl time.
Yeah so does every other player on the team except Smith

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote