HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How about EASHL teams for NHL 13? (PS3 and Xbox)

Old
06-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Yep. I'd love to play regular mode online sometimes versus any of you and see how I compare. That being said, I'm probably the least skilled individual out of us 3.

So, how about that tourney in two weeks, 1 week before the draft?

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
We should probably create an online league so we can play each other.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
We should probably create an online league so we can play each other.
Great idea.

Get to it.

Old
06-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Well I've played quite a bit of HUT so I'd damn well better be at least decent at it. Got my 400th win by winning the elite playoffs a few days ago, although I'm sure around 40 of those wins are from single players though. I can't say I'm good until I defeat Fel in a best of three series. No excuse for the way he destroyed me in the 3rd period of our 3rd game a couple days ago.

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Ok so I'm creating the online league.

The password is minnesota. I won't take the Wild.

EDIT: It looks like I can't send invite so you will have to find the league.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1081
Woo, I'm the password!

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Woo, I'm the password!
And how!

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:52 AM
P10p

If anyone here wants to play me head on for xbox 360 feel free to add me BRB SMOKIN BOWL

P10p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 06:42 AM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Ok so I'm creating the online league.

The password is minnesota. I won't take the Wild.

EDIT: It looks like I can't send invite so you will have to find the league.
I'd like to join your league, how many people are you willing to take?

Also I'd like to play some EASHL, as it has again been a while since I've played last time. Anyone around tonight?

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 06:51 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post

Also I'd like to play some EASHL, as it has again been a while since I've played last time. Anyone around tonight?
Looks like at least me and BHoke, most likely Fel and WILDhockeyfan as well.

Wait...

We might get a full team!

Old
06-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Pajicz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Looks like at least me and BHoke, most likely Fel and WILDhockeyfan as well.

Wait...

We might get a full team!
And that means one of us has to play as goalie?

I can be a volunteer if no one else wants to do it. I've played some games as goalie before, and I'm somewhat decent. Not great, but not really horrible either.

EDIT: And happy birthday!

Old
06-04-2012, 07:05 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
And that means one of us has to play as goalie?

I can be a volunteer if no one else wants to do it. I've played some games as goalie before, and I'm somewhat decent. Not great, but not really horrible either.
Full team as in 5 players, not 6.

I don't think Fel (or his blood pressure) could handle a human goalie

Positions will (most likely) be following:

LW: Fel 96 - C: BHoke - RW: WILDhockeyfan

LD: Pajicz - RD: - Puhis

LD and RD are interchangeable of course, but I'm playing a lefty so that's why I'm usually RD. Also, both BHoke and WHF have played C in the past.

Of course, I remember that you're probably more skilled as a defenseman than I am, so it's your choice. I'm a stay-at-home D-man by the way so it would probably be good if you had a PMD or even OFD.

Oooooh and WILDhockeyfan, you need to change your name probably. Marco Scandella doesn't make a good center

EDIT: Thank you!

Old
06-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Pajicz

Quote:
Full team as in 5 players, not 6.

I don't think Fel (or his blood pressure) could handle a human goalie

LD and RD are interchangeable of course, but I'm playing a lefty so that's why I'm usually RD. Also, both BHoke and WHF have played C in the past.

Of course, I remember that you're probably more skilled as a defenseman than I am, so it's your choice. I'm a stay-at-home D-man by the way so it would probably be good if you had a PMD or even OFD.
OK, maybe that's better, at least for Fel.

It doesn't really matter if I'm LD or RD, usually as a forward I've used a left-handed player, but as a D-man I've had right-handed guy often. So LD sounds good.

It's good that you have stay-at-home D-man, because I sometimes can have some slight problems at own end. Probably gonna do a PMD and give quick opening passes to the forwards, instead of trying to bring the puck up by myself all the time, which just doesn't usually work.

And if/when we get PP, remember to use the D-men as often as possible. Those cross-ice one-timers can be really effective.

Old
06-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
OK, maybe that's better, at least for Fel.

It doesn't really matter if I'm LD or RD, usually as a forward I've used a left-handed player, but as a D-man I've had right-handed guy often. So LD sounds good.

It's good that you have stay-at-home D-man, because I sometimes can have some slight problems at own end. Probably gonna do a PMD and give quick opening passes to the forwards, instead of trying to bring the puck up by myself all the time, which just doesn't usually work.

And if/when we get PP, remember to use the D-men as often as possible. Those cross-ice one-timers can be really effective.
Yeah, it's usually been my responsibility to give that "first pass" which ends up being a two-liner which does or does not work.

If you're going to be PMD, please, please be Jared Spurgeon. He's a righty too.

Old
06-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Pajicz

Quote:
If you're going to be PMD, please, please be Jared Spurgeon. He's a righty too.
OK, sounds good. I was just trying to decide between him and Kampfer, so now it's an easy decision.

Old
06-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
OK, sounds good. I was just trying to decide between him and Kampfer, so now it's an easy decision.
Awesome. So now we have Bulmer, Peters, Zanon, Spurgeon and whoever the hell WILDhockeyfan decides on.

Oh, and once more, remember to put the mics on. I can't stress this enough. And WHF, the volume can be adjusted on the right side of the mic, as it seems you couldn't hear me yesterday (or couldn't make out what I was saying ). I could hear you just fine.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Sucks that my work schedule is so weird... I haven't been able to play with any of you guys.

Though if my skill level is any indication, that's probably good for the rest of you.

I seem to be horridly streaky. I had a 1g 2a +4 game 2 night ago, played two games last night, when 0/0 and -5...

The thing that sucks about RW is that I'm almost always the guy breaking in, and I still have a hard time reading if opposing D is going to step up, poke check, hip check, stick lift....... It sucks when I get 4-5 break in's a game, and only 1 of them results in puck retention. >_<

Vashanesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanesh View Post
Sucks that my work schedule is so weird... I haven't been able to play with any of you guys.

Though if my skill level is any indication, that's probably good for the rest of you.

I seem to be horridly streaky. I had a 1g 2a +4 game 2 night ago, played two games last night, when 0/0 and -5...

The thing that sucks about RW is that I'm almost always the guy breaking in, and I still have a hard time reading if opposing D is going to step up, poke check, hip check, stick lift....... It sucks when I get 4-5 break in's a game, and only 1 of them results in puck retention. >_<
Nah, we wish that you'll be able to play with us as soon as possible. The more, the merrier.

Protip: When dealing with defenders, try to read their movements. Stick lift and poke check are best defeated by guarding the puck (with the X button) or simply stopping and either passing or dumping the puck in from full speed. That way, if you're lucky, you'll be able to go around the D, make him take a stupid penalty and at least create offensive pressure on the defending team.

I have a very passive-aggressive approach on the game in general. I try to limit my movements and hold my position but sometimes I tend to over-react and get caught out of position. I need to improve on that. I also hate it how some forwards have ridiculous strength and/or balance; hitting them just won't have any effect. Same with the poke check, it just slides through them. We actually had a ridiculous case yesterday when a pass went right through WILDhockeyfan's stick and caused a goal against us.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Nah, we wish that you'll be able to play with us as soon as possible. The more, the merrier.

Protip: When dealing with defenders, try to read their movements. Stick lift and poke check are best defeated by guarding the puck (with the X button) or simply stopping and either passing or dumping the puck in from full speed. That way, if you're lucky, you'll be able to go around the D, make him take a stupid penalty and at least create offensive pressure on the defending team.

I have a very passive-aggressive approach on the game in general. I try to limit my movements and hold my position but sometimes I tend to over-react and get caught out of position. I need to improve on that. I also hate it how some forwards have ridiculous strength and/or balance; hitting them just won't have any effect. Same with the poke check, it just slides through them. We actually had a ridiculous case yesterday when a pass went right through WILDhockeyfan's stick and caused a goal against us.
Yeah, I try to read the angle that they're coming at me from. But, so often, I just don't have any room to do anything about it...

If I dump around the boards more than once or twice, they'll have a second D or forward back to just grab the puck. If I try to loose-puck-deke, I almost always end up losing the puck even if I don't get hit, if I cut and try to make a pass, the idiots I'm playing with just go offsides...

It's super annoying to get laid out on every break in, and still know that the D has ZERO other passing options, because the idiots I'm playing with don't seem to understand passing lanes and positioning.

I'm totally going to stick with blaming everyone else, and not me.

Vashanesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 11:27 AM
BHoke23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanesh View Post
Yeah, I try to read the angle that they're coming at me from. But, so often, I just don't have any room to do anything about it...

If I dump around the boards more than once or twice, they'll have a second D or forward back to just grab the puck. If I try to loose-puck-deke, I almost always end up losing the puck even if I don't get hit, if I cut and try to make a pass, the idiots I'm playing with just go offsides...

It's super annoying to get laid out on every break in, and still know that the D has ZERO other passing options, because the idiots I'm playing with don't seem to understand passing lanes and positioning.

I'm totally going to stick with blaming everyone else, and not me.
If you are having trouble gaining the zone, try going across the blue line about 10 feet from the boards, and cut right or left depending on which way they are moving. You can either deke, or just move the left stick. Most likely your center or winger will move across the line with you and you can pass it off horizontally. I find those few things always work in gaining the zone, especially against people who are playing aggressive (ie the people who try to go for hits all the time) It leaves them open for easy one timers :

edit: also holding the x button works well sometimes and can draw a pentalty. Or just move the right stick left or right and if they are trying to lift your stick they will hit you in the face for a PP! Profit!

BHoke23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
5 I believe and we're allowed to trade players.

Old
06-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

I joined the league by the way, chose the Hurricanes as I didn't dare to go for the Wild.

Old
06-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Good.

BTW, I'm online.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Can't wait to play some EASHL games.

Should be fun.

Old
06-04-2012, 01:22 PM
mikko1995

I'm a bit bored, and I thought it could be fun to play with/against you guys in OTP; but if you guys are already playing EASHL, I'll do something else.

mikko1995 is offline   Reply With Quote