HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Something just hit me...

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2004, 07:18 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Something just hit me...

Where's laches?

Old
09-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Edge

We have a few MIA's.

Melnyk, Laches, Park#2, Soti, and others.

I've also noticed that now that school is back in a lot of our more colorful members who claimed to be older are also MIA.

Old
09-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Fletch

Forgot about that...

although my girlfriend's kids don't go back to Thursday this week, so next week, perhaps we see an even greater drop - at a time that would usually beth beginnning of preseason. Ahh, remember when there was training camps, preseasons, etc...when the league and the NHLPA had an active CBA... Man, this is really gonna try my patience.

Last I saw Melnyk he wasn't too upset about the Nylander signing...Larry's getting soft if you ask me...Sather has outlasted his anger. Although that could change pretty quickly, I'm sure.

Old
09-06-2004, 08:26 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
We have a few MIA's.

I've also noticed that now that school is back in a lot of our more colorful members who claimed to be older are also MIA.
Laches popped in a little while back. Melnyk makes an appearance every now and then. Anerin is still on his self-imposed exile.
Hopefully with school back in, some of the kiddies will be far too busy.
There certainly has been many that fell by the wayside (meaning long-time posters).

Old
09-06-2004, 08:47 PM
Fish

Perhaps they're all really the same person?

Old
09-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Fletch

Funny you say that Fish...

since back in the Rivals days, I believe Laches and I were believed to be the same person because for a short period, we seemed to be in agreement on way too many issues.

Old
09-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
not to sound rude...but maybe now we can have some more intelligent conversations...

Since i am relatively new here, i was just wondering if the board picks up speed during the season..?

Old
09-06-2004, 10:10 PM
in the hall

Quote:
We have a few MIA's.

I don't know, my personal experience, during school I post a hell of a lot more because I'm usually stuck inside and bored out of my mind in class or somewhere on campus. I remember I had like 300 posts in 2 weeks last year.

Old
09-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Evil Sather

Nobody seems to miss me

Old
09-07-2004, 01:45 AM
LondonFan

It's kinda hard for me to post anything profound about hockey at the moment - what is there to say that hasn't already been said? We're just playing the waiting game and I'm guessing those regulars who have gone quiet are just waiting for the return of hockey.

Old
09-07-2004, 04:16 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
although my girlfriend's kids don't go back to Thursday this week, so next week, perhaps we see an even greater drop - at a time that would usually beth beginnning of preseason. Ahh, remember when there was training camps, preseasons, etc...when the league and the NHLPA had an active CBA... Man, this is really gonna try my patience.

Last I saw Melnyk he wasn't too upset about the Nylander signing...Larry's getting soft if you ask me...Sather has outlasted his anger. Although that could change pretty quickly, I'm sure.
Yeah Melnyk is gonna pop up and go off like a volcano now.

I dunno he used to be fun to disagree with....than we started agreeing. It made me sad, I wanted to disagree with him just for the heck of it but I couldn't bring myself to it.

Old
09-07-2004, 04:19 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
not to sound rude...but maybe now we can have some more intelligent conversations...

Since i am relatively new here, i was just wondering if the board picks up speed during the season..?
It goes through waives. Usually it picks up because there is a game to discuss....or rather to complain about.

It's also easier for me to give my opinions on what i've seen and heard from around my travels {though i dont expect to leave the states this year so european hockey will be a little more based on others opinions}.

Assuming this season won't be a smash hit, from the start till christmas it will likely be about the NHL players. After the holidays it usually starts turning towards prospects and by February we're usually pretty heavy into draft talk.

Old
09-07-2004, 04:20 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
I don't know, my personal experience, during school I post a hell of a lot more because I'm usually stuck inside and bored out of my mind in class or somewhere on campus. I remember I had like 300 posts in 2 weeks last year.
College is usually difference because you have "dead" time in between classes and stuff.

A lot of younger kids are at football practice or whatever extra hobbies they have.

Old
09-07-2004, 08:03 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

LeServ is also MIA.

Old
09-07-2004, 08:04 AM
Davisian

There just ain't **** to talk about now..

We could rage against the injustice of the HF ranking system, discuss what's to be done with Jamie Lundmark, or express our disgust with Sather, but that's all getting older than TB and JR arguing over Purinton..

Laches=Fletch=Einhorn...

Old
09-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:

I dunno he used to be fun to disagree with....than we started agreeing. It made me sad, I wanted to disagree with him just for the heck of it but I couldn't bring myself to it.
I think 7 years of failure has brought out the "Melnyk" in all of us. You just held onto optimism longer than Larry did.

I agree with LondonFan. There's just nothing to say. When the resigning of Chad Weisman becomes a 10 page exchange of tirades, it shows how desperate we are to argue about something. Anything. I hate to think how bad it might get if there is a lockout.

Old
09-07-2004, 09:25 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:

Man, I wondered what all that ringing in my ears was about...

What was our last disagreement, the risk of Radulov? You don't know how bad I want to explode about something Ranger related....There was some truth to what Fletch (i think) said about Sather outlasting my anger..It just wasn't worth it anymore..And then came the housecleaning (yeah, I know alot of the moves were no brainers and no way make up for the past blunderings) which, for the first time in years, made me happy (As opposed to happy being miserabler..) and optimistic (long term) as a ranger fan..But that quasi-euphoria was squashed by the all-around deterioration of the board (enough has been said) as well as the state of the NHL....I really want to see this new Ranger organization but I don't give a crap whther the NHL lives or dies right now after the bombastic buffoonery I hear coming from both the players and mangement..Go ahead, kill the penny-ante cottage industry by taking a year off....I'll do fine with HS and College sports....OK, I'm starting to get worked but will simmer down....Until the Rangers resign Messier or The Big Eunich...Now that would be a nice topic to talk about with the kiddies mainly gone..

Melrose - There's a little "Melnyk" in all of us , eh? I just don't know whether to take that as a compliment or not..

Old
09-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Melrose - There's a little "Melnyk" in all of us , eh? I just don't know whether to take that as a compliment or not..

OR, you could take it as vomit inducing imagery like the rest of us..

**shudder**

Old
09-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
OR, you could take it as vomit inducing imagery like the rest of us..

**shudder**
Hmmm, then I guess odds are that it doesn't fit under the category of "compliment".......

Old
09-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Hmmm, then I guess odds are that it doesn't fit under the category of "compliment"...

I'm not sure, the HF ranking has yet to apply a number to debate..

Rest assured if its gets a 7.5, we're crackin' skulls!

Old
09-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Edge

Quote:
Man, I wondered what all that ringing in my ears was about...

What was our last disagreement, the risk of Radulov? You don't know how bad I want to explode about something Ranger related....There was some truth to what Fletch (i think) said about Sather outlasting my anger..It just wasn't worth it anymore..And then came the housecleaning (yeah, I know alot of the moves were no brainers and no way make up for the past blunderings) which, for the first time in years, made me happy (As opposed to happy being miserabler..) and optimistic (long term) as a ranger fan..But that quasi-euphoria was squashed by the all-around deterioration of the board (enough has been said) as well as the state of the NHL....I really want to see this new Ranger organization but I don't give a crap whther the NHL lives or dies right now after the bombastic buffoonery I hear coming from both the players and mangement..Go ahead, kill the penny-ante cottage industry by taking a year off....I'll do fine with HS and College sports....OK, I'm starting to get worked but will simmer down....Until the Rangers resign Messier or The Big Eunich...Now that would be a nice topic to talk about with the kiddies mainly gone..

Somehow I have the image of Melnyk in a straight jacket, in a little padded room saying this to himself.

Old
09-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Somehow I have the image of Melnyk in a straight jacket, in a little padded room saying this to himself.
With a little rain cloud above his head in his mind.

I can picture that as well...

Old
09-08-2004, 09:13 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
With a little rain cloud above his head in his mind.

I can picture that as well...
You know, ever since they let me out of the jacket and shackles, I was wondering if my new found quasi-optimism for the team was real or a by-product of my drug induced stupor....Ummmm, Juicy Fruit......

Old
09-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
we're crackin' skulls!
Gotcha Dick Vernon(Movie reference).

Old
09-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Davisian