HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(Chernobly Edition) Capitals at Islanders. 7:00pm. Nassau Coliseum. November 5, 2011

Old
11-06-2011, 03:03 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
dreger said something about the caps being among teams asking about turris. as we know that info would never come out of kettler, i'd guess that it was coming from the agent and carries very little weight.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Stewie G

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Imagine when semin gets going....

Sure would be nice to have hannan plus cap/ltir space for a second liner over hamrlik....
FTFY

Stewie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 03:41 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
dreger said something about the caps being among teams asking about turris. as we know that info would never come out of kettler, i'd guess that it was coming from the agent and carries very little weight.
I sure hope that is a Dreger BS rumor. I don't want Turris on this team at all. If this team needs anything, it is a stud defenseman. No disrespect to Alzner, Carlson, or Green but we need a real physical guy. Erskine is a tough dude, but I always believed the blue line needs more toughness. That goes for any team, not just the Caps.

IafrateOvie34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 03:49 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
I really wish certain people would find another outlet for their *****ing for the sake of *****ing.

MP had 5 points in 8 games prior to tonight and the line of MP/Halpern/Hendricks was working very well. Quite frankly, Sjogren was out playing Eakin in Hershey. Eakin was up because of potential injury issues. The funniest part is, the thing that everyone *****es about MP being knocked off the puck so easy is Eakin's biggest issues. MP has adapted a bit to not get crushed and be of some use in parts of the ice where his size is an issue. Eakin is not close yet.

The only thing you might be able to question BB is on not pulling gapping 5 hole after three goals. Otherwise you're just "pointing out" issues that weren't a huge factor in loss so you can be like, "Well in game 20, 10:40 of the 2nd, X player looked right instead of left FIRE BB even though I don't even have the slightest bit of knowledge compared to him!"
I never really was on the MP hate wagon. He is small, but he isn't afraid to go to the net. This year he has found a place to play and has been great on the 4th line. I can't see how anyone can hate Hendricks. He is a hockey player that does everything. He can skate, check, win faceoffs, take shootouts, play the PP and PK, and not afraid to stand up for the team. The only player I really didn't like on this team is Schultz, but this year he really is different. If he continues to improve on an already good year, I can forgive his past. Some people don't know what they have until it is gone. As far as BB is concerned, he should have been fired after the Montreal series imo, but he is still here and the team is doing well. It's not like they would hire a HoF or quality replacement mid season either.

IafrateOvie34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:59 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
I sure hope that is a Dreger BS rumor. I don't want Turris on this team at all. If this team needs anything, it is a stud defenseman. No disrespect to Alzner, Carlson, or Green but we need a real physical guy. Erskine is a tough dude, but I always believed the blue line needs more toughness. That goes for any team, not just the Caps.
i'd say that mcphee has no interest in that type of stud defenseman. its pretty evident thats how he feels. he has erskine as a role player and seem satisfied with that. alzner and carlson seem to be mcphee's prototype defensemen. his idea of the veteran stay at home of poti and hamrlik. puck movers that have aged into solid defense first players, but remain solidly in the puck moving catagory. hannan could not move the puck and he is gone.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 08:09 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Imagine when semin gets going....

Sure would be nice to have hannan plus cap/ltir space for a second liner over sarge....
That's seditionist talk for a moderator. You may very well be stripped of your moderator "A-thoriti" by your fellow mod for such talk.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

hey guys, thanks for letting the little guys win one. You'll be fine and finish 1-3 in the conference, we need all the points we can get to scrape a 8-10 spot.

FWIW, I'd let Semin and Wideman go this summer and throw a lot of money at Suter, pay Carlson and call up Orlov.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote