HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Open ended trade ideas (PHI)

Old
11-06-2011, 08:44 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 500
Open ended trade ideas (PHI)

First off, Flyers fan in peace I followed the Jackets a lot while I was in school in Huntington, WV and Nash is my favorite player in the league, so I've seen a lot of their games and went to the CBJ-PHI game last year at Nationwide, and I want to see you guys do well. Last night's game was uncomfortable to watch.

I disagree with a lot of the people ("experts") who've said that the entire team is just not skilled enough. That's crap. The offense has the potential to be fantastic. Defensively...yeah pretty bad, and Mason is difficult to watch.

I've also seen a lot of "no one is untouchable" comments, and I'm not sure if everyone agrees with that, but I may push my luck with that

I'd like to base the deal around Bobrovsky and Carle/Coburn, and move spare parts around where needed (prospects, picks, lower tier players). So something like:

Bob
Carle
2nd

for

Umberger
4th

orrr press it a little and go with:

Bob
Schenn/two 1sts/JvR
Carle
mid-level prospect(s)

for

Nash
mid/late round pick(s)
mid-level prospect(s)

Flame away, lock it up, counter, or discuss...whatever you'd like. Just some thoughts that have been stewing in my brain since last night.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 08:48 PM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post

Bob
Schenn/two 1sts/JvR
Carle
mid-level prospect(s)

for

Nash
mid/late round pick(s)
mid-level prospect(s)

Flame away, lock it up, counter, or discuss...whatever you'd like. Just some thoughts that have been stewing in my brain since last night.
Deal, I'd even throw in a Tim Horton's Jackets Pack !!

joshjoshjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

Quote:

Bob
Carle
2nd

for

Umberger
4th

This wouldn't work with our cap situation right now. But, if that could be evened out, I'd do this right now as I just want Umberger's contract off the books for the inevitable rebuild. He'd have to be traded, Carter-style, before his NTC kicks in July 1. I hate that it has come to this.

Nanabijou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:18 PM
AV50

Quote:
Bob
Carle
2nd

for

Umberger
4th
I like that proposal. For the first time ever, I like an HF board trade proposal!

AV50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:19 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Value may be fair, but I don't want to deal Rick.

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:36 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Glad they don't seem too farfetched, but I reposted on our board and I'm getting shredded by Flyers fans Funny as much of us loathe Matt Carle, none of them want him to be traded unless we're getting great defense in return. Truthfully we aren't fantastic trade partners, both with deep forward corps and iffy defense. But again, I posted this as an open ended thread! Feel free to plug things in and take them out.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
A shakeup is needed and the best asset is Rick Nash. He might waive his NTC if his C was removed and reduced ice time was proposed to him. The Jackets need a goalie, a good defenseman and first round pick in return. The teams he would probably be willing to go to would be located in Canada, Toronto is doing well so they won't be on that list. I'm not suggesting names yet but if the Jackets want to start winning they need a new culture; a new culture means replacing Priest, Howson, probably Arniel (not sure on him), Nash and Mason..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 01:08 AM
wahsnairb

Nash+ for Doughty.. I'm going to post it at least once every day until it happens

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 01:41 AM
wahsnairb

Nash+ for Doughty.. I'm going to post it at least once every day until it happens

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 01:51 AM
The Four Seven
Boone Jenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
You can say that again!

The Four Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 10:28 PM
dkollidas

How about something based off of Nash to Buffalo for Miller. I wouldn't see it happening this season, but depending on how the goaltending situation looks in Buffalo at the end of this season, or by next years trade deadline, a deal involving Miller+ for Nash+. Just don't know what the pluses would be, but maybe...

To Buffalo:

C-Antoine Vermette
RW- Rick Nash

To Columbus:

G-Ryan Miller
LW- Tyler Ennis

The caps will be relatively close as well since Ennis will get a bump in pay after this season (currently on an ELC) and Miller is a world-class goalie. Nash is a very very good player, but to me he's not in the Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos territory, and so this deal seems relatively fair.

The Sabres get a big, physical top line forward, along with a top-9 center in Vermette, who can do basically what Hecht has done for us in the past.

Columbus gets a young, up and coming top-6 forward who will add speed, skill, and youth to their forward ranks, along with a world-class goalie in Miller.

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
How about something based off of Nash to Buffalo for Miller. I wouldn't see it happening this season, but depending on how the goaltending situation looks in Buffalo at the end of this season, or by next years trade deadline, a deal involving Miller+ for Nash+. Just don't know what the pluses would be, but maybe...

To Buffalo:

C-Antoine Vermette
RW- Rick Nash

To Columbus:

G-Ryan Miller
LW- Tyler Ennis

The caps will be relatively close as well since Ennis will get a bump in pay after this season (currently on an ELC) and Miller is a world-class goalie. Nash is a very very good player, but to me he's not in the Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos territory, and so this deal seems relatively fair.

The Sabres get a big, physical top line forward, along with a top-9 center in Vermette, who can do basically what Hecht has done for us in the past.

Columbus gets a young, up and coming top-6 forward who will add speed, skill, and youth to their forward ranks, along with a world-class goalie in Miller.
Buffalo did move Hasek so one never knows but I doubt Miller gets dealt anytime soon.. he is in a slump right now but it's early. I doubt Buffalo trades away Ennis either, he also is having a slow start but is a key to the Sabre offense when healthy. Not to mention I doubt Buffalo would seek out Nash, they have a solid veteran core with Vanek, Roy, Pomminville and Stafford. If Nash wants to move I think he would pick a Canada team first...

Old
11-07-2011, 11:03 PM
dkollidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Buffalo did move Hasek so one never knows but I doubt Miller gets dealt anytime soon.. he is in a slump right now but it's early. I doubt Buffalo trades away Ennis either, he also is having a slow start but is a key to the Sabre offense when healthy. Not to mention I doubt Buffalo would seek out Nash, they have a solid veteran core with Vanek, Roy, Pomminville and Stafford. If Nash wants to move I think he would pick a Canada team first...
-Maybe not this year, but when Enroth's contract is coming up for renewal, and Miller has only a couple years left on his current deal, a decision will have to be made.

-Ennis is good, but he's not a "key". Right now, the keys are Vanek, Pominville, Roy, Stafford, Erhoff, Gerbe, Sekera and Myers.

-Their veteran core hasn't gotten them past the 1st round two straight years, and missed the playoffs two years before that.

-Buffalo is right by the border, it's not Canada, but it's as close as you can get. It takes me 20-25 min. to get to the border, and I live in Clarence (a suburb where quite a few of the players live, as well as Ruff and Regier). So he'll be close to Canada. And we have some hard core fans, like Canada.

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 06:44 AM
TSA0402

Not sure if Nash waives his NMC to Buffalo. Or that Buffalo would try and trade one of the top 3 goalies in the NHL. I'm assuming he has a NTC(not sure), which I'd be shocked if he'd move.

However, I would be interested in acquiring Enroth and Sekera. If Sekera is now part of the core, then possibly another Sabres d-man?. Either Brassard/Vermette and something else fairly substantial, going the other way.

Doubtful that even happens, Buffalo is doing well enough with Luke Adam in their 1C spot which goes to show you how deep this team is.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
-Maybe not this year, but when Enroth's contract is coming up for renewal, and Miller has only a couple years left on his current deal, a decision will have to be made.

-Ennis is good, but he's not a "key". Right now, the keys are Vanek, Pominville, Roy, Stafford, Erhoff, Gerbe, Sekera and Myers.

-Their veteran core hasn't gotten them past the 1st round two straight years, and missed the playoffs two years before that.

-Buffalo is right by the border, it's not Canada, but it's as close as you can get. It takes me 20-25 min. to get to the border, and I live in Clarence (a suburb where quite a few of the players live, as well as Ruff and Regier). So he'll be close to Canada. And we have some hard core fans, like Canada.

Yeah, when Enroth's contract is up the Sabres might consider trading Miller, a lot depends on how Enroth does this year. If Nash is traded a goalie and more must be in the deal so anything is possible, for some reason I just don't see Nash fitting into the Sabre culture. I'm not sure the Sabres would be willing to pay Nash 8 million a season nor the total package the CBJ would want. Not that this matters but for fun my older son and I discussed teams that a Nash deal would work last weekend and ruled out Buffalo..