HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus at Philadelphia | 11.5.11 7PM EDT | All we need is a montage

Old
11-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
It's after 3pm on Sunday, why has no one been fired yet?

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 02:18 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Because losing is acceptable to this organization. Oh they SAY otherwise, but their actions speak louder. I won't actually believe what I've written until it's 3pm Monday without a press conference in sight.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 02:20 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
sure we do...the Crew just won the MLS cup a couple years ago
Nobody who is from America and lives in Columbus knows anything about winning...

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 02:23 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'll call it right now - Bobby Clarke to Columbus as the new GM, Hitchcock back as coach, and the whole scouting staff to be replaced. I know Clarke was in the running for the GM position before and I think this time, Columbus gives it to him. It will be a whole environment change. And you can bet that Nash, Carter, and Umberger are going to love the environment that Clarke and company create. It's all about winning and right now, nobody within Columbus knows about winning.
OMG! I kinda like that idea. Instead of being South Edmonton, we become West Philadelphia. Now where's Nittimaki?

Old
11-06-2011, 02:33 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
I anticipated a firing on Monday morning with a news conference late in the day. But AP's last tweet indicating nothing appearing imminent disappoints me.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 02:42 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
OMG! I kinda like that idea. Instead of being South Edmonton, we become West Philadelphia. Now where's Nittimaki?
"Born and raised on the playground where I spent most of my days... Chillin' out max and relax all cool...."

Anyways, Maybe this franchise has figured that losing is losing whether its with the current staff or an interim staff the rest of the season?

Of course, this franchise doesn't seem to have a sense of urgency, perhaps Howson isn't ready to fire Arniel because he knows he will most likely then be fired and Priest is afraid to fire Howson because he fears for his job.... I just think they should cut the B.S. and can all three now...

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 02:43 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
"Born and raised on the playground where I spent most of my days... Chillin' out max and relax all cool...."

Anyways, Maybe this franchise has figured that losing is losing whether its with the current staff or an interim staff the rest of the season?

Of course, this franchise doesn't seem to have a sense of urgency, perhaps Howson isn't ready to fire Arniel because he knows he will most likely then be fired and Priest is afraid to fire Howson because he fears for his job.... I just think they should cut the B.S. and can all three now...
been saying that for weeks, so obviously I concur.

Old
11-06-2011, 02:45 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
I anticipated a firing on Monday morning with a news conference late in the day. But AP's last tweet indicating nothing appearing imminent disappoints me.
Pure speculation on my part: But he and Shawn Mitchell both seemed to go out of their ways to say nothing appears imminent.... Could be the brass finally closing ranks, determined not to let anything else slip out, like the "Changes could be Imminent" post Porty tweet and wrote about last week.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

I was at the game. After the second goal you could tell it was over. I went through all 5 stages of Kubler-Ross's grieving process. All in 3 periods.

1.Denial 2 goals? We can overcome this!

2.Anger Why is my team so disappointing? It's not fair! Who is to blame? Even during warmups looked like they were half defeated before the puck dropped.The Jackets are freaking 3 steps behind the Flyers. Where's the passion?

3.Bargaining If I can get out of the Wells Fargo Center without an avalanche of Flyer fans mockery, I will be grateful (didn't happen)

4.Depression I'm so sad, I need a break from this. How much did this roadtrip cost again?

5.Acceptance It is what it is, I can't change it. I still love hockey. It was great to see Voracek play again.

Last edited by Derby: 11-06-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 06:22 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
I was at the game. After the second goal you could tell it was over. I went through all 5 stages of Kubler-Ross's grieving process. All in 3 periods.

2.Anger Why is my team so disappointing? It's not fair! Who is to blame? Even during warmups looked like they were half defeated before the puck dropped.The Jackets are freaking 3 steps behind the Flyers. Where's the passion?

3.Bargaining If I can get out of the Wells Fargo Center without an avalanche of Flyer fans mockery, I will be grateful (didn't happen)

4.Depression I'm so sad, I need a break from this. How much did this roadtrip cost again?

5.Acceptance It is what it is, I can't change it. I still love hockey. It was great to see Voracek play again.
Yeah, it's a bummer. One of my roadtrips (Nashville) was a similar performance and it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
Hope you had a good time outside of the game.

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:

Ugh, that had to be awful. Hopefully you got to have some fun before 7pm hit.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Niittymaki is recovering from groin surgery and it out a minimum of 8 more weeks. I'd consider his season shot. There is no way he is the answer we are looking for. I like him but he's just not healthy enough t help us at all this season.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 08:30 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
Niittymaki is recovering from groin surgery and it out a minimum of 8 more weeks. I'd consider his season shot. There is no way he is the answer we are looking for. I like him but he's just not healthy enough t help us at all this season.
OK, I took that a little too far.

Old
11-06-2011, 08:32 PM
davidbklyn

Quote:

feel for you. and Philly of all places... yuck. funny (gallows humor kind of way), I kept thinking of the grieving process too.

davidbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 08:35 PM
davidbklyn

kept forgetting to mention this. Remember Nash getting out of the box just as the puck was at mid-ice? Seemed to me like he got separated awful easy. I thought he a sure breakaway, but he hardly put up a fight. Which is a redundant thing to say about the captain, I know.

davidbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote