HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

When Should A Shakeup Happen?

View Poll Results: How much Longer until a shakeup?
Now 14 46.67%
10-20 more games 9 30.00%
Midway Point 2 6.67%
Trade Deadline 1 3.33%
Not this season 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-05-2011, 04:22 AM
leaponover

vCash: 500
When Should A Shakeup Happen?

Just wondering how patient everybody is being and IF things continue this way how much time do you give Bailey/Comeau/Okposo before you shake things up via trade?

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 06:07 AM
JJmcD
The Power Of Love

If there is any desire to win or, dare i say, make the playoffs...then there should be no patience.

JJmcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 07:37 AM
BillD

not much longer. Cappy is pleased with the effort, out shooting, out chancing the opposition. He has a point here, but it has to lead to goals and wins or it means nothing.
I would say 5 more games, even if we out shoot and out chance. If we dont win, Snow has to do something to try to save the season and hold onto the fanbase.
Making a trade just to shake up the team is usually not productive, but doing nothing is worse.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Hip Of Rick

Now, I would like to see the entire management team fired but that won't happen right now. The least they can do is make a trade call someone up, something needs to happen if they want to try to compete this year.

Hip Of Rick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 08:42 AM
stevedepot

When a team is struggling, it's usually in this order...
1. Try to work out kinks in practice.
2. Bench guys for shifts or games.
3. Grueling practice.
4. Line juggling.
5. Call ups to coincide with key benchings.
6. Trades.
7. Coach fired.

stevedepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Isles Junkie

Want to send a message? Bench Moulson &/or Okposo. The guy hasn't been good at all this year. Sit him up in the box for a game or 2 & everyone would get the message loud & clear.

That's the first "shake up" I'd do. Sure you can bench Comeau or Bailey, but that doesn't carry the same weight.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:58 AM
startainfection

does sending rolston and pandolfo down to bridgeport and trading a handful of prospects not named nino, strome, or de haan for a leader that can play with JT like morrow, iginla, hemsky or nash while getign rid of the least amount of players on the nhl team as possible count as a shake up?

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Isles Junkie

i really don't see why people have a problem with Pandolfo. He's a decent 4th liner & he's been great on the PK. Why complain about that?

Old
11-05-2011, 10:25 AM
SLAPSHOT723
QU 2014 - Isles Fan

A major shake up should have happened a long time ago.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 10:33 AM
OpAck

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
does sending rolston and pandolfo down to bridgeport and trading a handful of prospects not named nino, strome, or de haan for a leader that can play with JT like morrow, iginla, hemsky or nash while getign rid of the least amount of players on the nhl team as possible count as a shake up?
Pandolfo serves a purpose...Rolston has been useless, so you're onto something there.

I don't think Columbus or Edmonton would trade either of those players without us giving up a key piece (Nino, Strome, Hamonic, de Haan). And I don't think guys like Bailey, Okposo, or Comeau hold much value at this point in time. Our 1st rounder would probably be included in any of those deals...and I'd be fine with that if our return is Hemsky or Nash...maybe even Iginla.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 10:46 AM
IslesNorway

One can only dream of the likes of Nash or Iginla, but it won't happen so please keep real.

I think a change must be made as quickly as possible to wake the players up. Too many of them just seem content to play in their comfort zone and not play hard. So far only JT and Martin have really played hard. I'd say bench Okposo or Moulson to show that if you don't show up you'll be in the pressbox!

Last edited by Isles Junkie: 11-05-2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Edit; my mistake, I thought I hit the quote button. lol
IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesNorway View Post
One can only dream of the likes of Nash or Iginla, but it won't happen so please keep real.

I think a change must be made as quickly as possible to wake the players up. Too many of them just seem content to play in their comfort zone and not play hard. So far only JT and Martin have really played hard. I'd say bench Okposo or Moulson to show that if you don't show up you'll be in the pressbox!
It's more than just JT & Martin. Reasoner, Pandolfo, all 3 goalies & the entire D corps have hustled all year long.

The club definitely can learn a thing or two from Martin though. He works his tail off every shift.

Old
11-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
Good luck with that.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 12:56 PM
A Pointed Stick
No! Slp! Til Brklyn!

According to Botta's old blog, this constitutes a big bomb:

Moulson – JT91 – Grabner
Rolston – Nielsen – PAP
Comeau – Reasoner – Okposo
Pandolfo – Bailey – Martin

Okay. Bang, blew it up. Yawn.
A lack of talent is a lack of talent no matter how many ways you mix it up. I appreciate the chance to see Grabner with JT, so that's something, but in the end the biggest issues remain unchanged.

Colonel Mustard with the candlestick in the billiard room. Scarlet in the conservatory with the rope. Wang in the toilet with last month's copy of Better Arenas and Lighthouses. Whatever. This isn't going to do anything to fix the lack of talent, the lack of leadership, or the lack of support from the owner.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 01:40 PM
IslesNorway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
It's more than just JT & Martin. Reasoner, Pandolfo, all 3 goalies & the entire D corps have hustled all year long.

The club definitely can learn a thing or two from Martin though. He works his tail off every shift.
You're absolutely right but none of them are goalscorers. It's our top six (or nine) that has completely fallen asleep and needs a wake up call.

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
I always advocate patience with this team. But it's gotten to the time where we HAVE to move some prospects to get some help. Anyone not named John Tavares, Mark Streit or Travis Hamonic should be involved in a package for a player signed for the next 4+ years. Get something done cause this season is slipping away.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote