HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting Comparison

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2004, 11:39 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

vCash: 500
Interesting Comparison

While I do take HF prospect rankings with a large grain of salt, I find it interesting that the Rangers now have 27 players ranked 6 or higher in the HF prospect lists -- compared to Montreal (The #1 ranked team from last year) with 18 similarly ranked prospects. While the question of top end talent is certainly valid, there is no disputing that the depth of the Ranger organization is impressive. Now if they all just pan out...

Old
09-05-2004, 11:52 PM
NYRangers

Depth is nice but top end talent is what gets you recognized as a top system. I am happy about the rebulding so far because I think they get the fact you need to build from the back, out. We have 3 good goalie prospects and young quality defense. Were lacking top end guys and we dont have the Malkins, Ovechkins, Ruutus, etc. I think we will grab one in the next draft. But you got to remember, getting these quality prospects is one thing, developing them is TOTALLY different and is more important. Hopefully all goes as planned and soon enough we get back to the contending days with some home grown players.

Old
09-06-2004, 12:15 AM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

If the team can find a centerpiece at forward it will be on its way. The have a possible cornerstone in goal already.

I like Tyutin but I don't think he is their cornerstone blueliner. I see him ideally being a very good number two guy.

Having said that, this team probably needs a franchise center to build around. I've personally always subscribed to the building around a center when possible philosophy.

Old
09-06-2004, 01:21 AM
icthelight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
If the team can find a centerpiece at forward it will be on its way. The have a possible cornerstone in goal already.

I like Tyutin but I don't think he is their cornerstone blueliner. I see him ideally being a very good number two guy.

Having said that, this team probably needs a franchise center to build around. I've personally always subscribed to the building around a center when possible philosophy.

Is that a #2 guy on the 1st def. pairing or on the 2nd defensive group?

Old
09-06-2004, 02:33 AM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Well the number two guys can be on either.

For example in 1994, Zubov was arguably the Rangers number 2 defenseman but he didn't play with leetch {except for the powerplay}.

Tyutin I see more on that level {not style while wise but "depth position" wise}. I just don't see him as a cornerstone defenseman you build your team around, but I do think he could be a very nice defenseman.

I hope that cleared it up some.

Old
09-06-2004, 11:38 AM
broadwayblue

Edge, so which do you see as more important, the cornerstone center or dman? let's say we come away with the #2 or #3 overall pick next spring (basically everyone is on the board but Crosby and possibly Brule.) let's say the next best players available are a center and a dman...and pretty much everyone has them ranked the same (potential 1st liners.) who do you go with and why?

Old
09-06-2004, 11:56 AM
True Blue

Just my 2 cents

Crosby goes #1. If we cannot get Brule, my choice would be for that #1 d-man. To me there are 3 good ones: The Checzk kid, the Russian kid, & Jack Johnson.

Old
09-06-2004, 12:37 PM
barnaby63

I pray every night that we get Crosby or Brule. It would be one of the best things in Rangers history.

Old
09-06-2004, 12:54 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
I pray every night that we get Crosby or Brule. It would be one of the best things in Rangers history.
Besides the 94' Cup it will be the only good thing in rangers history.

Old
09-06-2004, 02:26 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727
Besides the 94' Cup it will be the only good thing in rangers history.
so the other 3 stanley cups don't count?

Old
09-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
so the other 3 stanley cups don't count?
no, those were awful. so was drafting Leetch and Richter apparently.

Old
09-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Edge, so which do you see as more important, the cornerstone center or dman? let's say we come away with the #2 or #3 overall pick next spring (basically everyone is on the board but Crosby and possibly Brule.) let's say the next best players available are a center and a dman...and pretty much everyone has them ranked the same (potential 1st liners.) who do you go with and why?
Well all things being equal {they rarely are} I've always believed in having a cornerstone Center. However that is hypothetical and so it would depend on who is out there.

You can't really say until they play which one to go with, but there are some possible cornerstone players in next years draft. If it happens to be a defenseman I am just fine with it.

With the political season coming to a close I will be staying on the Senators staff but will also be going back to my old clients as well {so i will be seeing the kids for at least one more year though not as much}. I have a list of some kids I am really interested in seeing. Probably around December I can give a better indication of who has really impressed me.

Old
09-06-2004, 05:01 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I will be staying on the Senators staff
Are you like some scout or something?

Old
09-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

lol {see kids this is why Edge needs to make sure he doesn't have type-o's}.

I'm sorry it was my fault, it was supposed to be Senator's not Senators.

I've been working a lot with my state's Senator and compensated nicely for it {i will still be working for him} but I will have enough time to continue to work with my clients which enables me in one form or another to get my information on prospects and see them myself.

I'll be working my tail off but I'll be making more money than I've ever made. Hopefully it all works out.

Old
09-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Fletch

Technically...

it would've been Senators' staff..so the English was just ambiguous...Haha...glad to hear things are going well...

Old
09-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Good luck, Edge!

Old
09-07-2004, 04:23 AM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
it would've been Senators' staff..so the English was just ambiguous...Haha...glad to hear things are going well...
Oh shut up!

Ya know my job requires me to double and triple and etc. check so many things that I get incredibly lazy on these boards.

You'd never guess what I do for a living if you only saw my message board postings.

Old
09-07-2004, 06:13 AM
DA LONE RANGER

On Rangers Future

While i would be happy with crosby or brule i would also be happy with the rangers stockpiling picks like they did this year.. If we manage "by the grace of god" not to get a top five pick i would trade down to a team for two 1's and a 2nd or 3rd rounder hey even throw in poti...

Old
09-07-2004, 05:45 PM
Unknownbutfamous

Send a message via AIM to Unknownbutfamous
No team would trade you two first rounders to move up, never mind that and a 2nd rounder.

Old
09-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Poti and a top 5 pick in a deep draft for two firsts and a second? It's not that far fetched.

Unlikely, but not impossible.

Old
09-07-2004, 07:51 PM
Fletch

Same here, Edge...

I do a lot of drafting, and check things over 5, 6 times over a several month period. Need to be real consistent throughout 80-150 pages in so many ways. I just lose it on these boards.

Old
09-08-2004, 07:13 PM
JJ68NYR

I think we should now be ranked at least in the Top 10 in organizational rankings. If we're not then this site really has become a joke.

Closed Thread