HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

P.a. Parenteau/matt Moulson/josh Bailey

Old
12-23-2011, 08:44 PM
DallasStarsfan06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doothpick View Post
Ducks really need to rebuild their second line for next season and a guy like Moulson could definitely be on Murray's radar since the UFA market is what it is when it comes to forwards next summer. I like Moulson's willingness to go into the front of net and he has a good contract as well. I know Isles would probably love to get a young defenceman already playing in the NHL so how about Sbisa for Moulson? Sbisa is a physical, defensive-minded defenceman and I think he still has a lot of room to grow and develop his offensive skills too. I like Sbisa, but I just don't know if he's going to turn out as good as everyone on Ducks boards seem to think he will.

So what do Isles (and Ducks) fans think, Moulson for Sbisa? I think this move could also wait until the end of the season to be made.
The Islanders should be all over that.
Streit-Sbisa
or
Hamonic-Sbisa
Macdonald-Streit

DallasStarsfan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doothpick View Post
Ducks really need to rebuild their second line for next season and a guy like Moulson could definitely be on Murray's radar since the UFA market is what it is when it comes to forwards next summer. I like Moulson's willingness to go into the front of net and he has a good contract as well. I know Isles would probably love to get a young defenceman already playing in the NHL so how about Sbisa for Moulson? Sbisa is a physical, defensive-minded defenceman and I think he still has a lot of room to grow and develop his offensive skills too. I like Sbisa, but I just don't know if he's going to turn out as good as everyone on Ducks boards seem to think he will.

So what do Isles (and Ducks) fans think, Moulson for Sbisa? I think this move could also wait until the end of the season to be made.
I agree with you about what to expect from Sbisa, but, since we have no one in Syracuse that can make the jump, I don't see how we can move him unless there is a viable alternative that could fill his spot. Would the Islanders be willing to add a third pairing defenseman to Moulson to help us get by?

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 08:57 PM
DallasStarsfan06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I agree with you about what to expect from Sbisa, but, since we have no one in Syracuse that can make the jump, I don't see how we can move him unless there is a viable alternative that could fill his spot. Would the Islanders be willing to add a third pairing defenseman to Moulson to help us get by?
Mark Eaton + Matt Moulson for Luca Sbisa

DallasStarsfan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 09:01 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

Bailey has been playing very good hockey lately, solid defensively and very nifty offensively. Once our coach gets his head out of his *** and starts changing up the lines Bailey will start putting up a lot of points. He definitely has more value than he had a few months ago.

Moulson will take an overpayment, Isles would be looking for a young top 4 defenseman in exchange for him. Someone like Jack Johnson comes to mind.

Parenteau is nifty offensively, but is hard to gauge his value, would prefer to keep him around unless we are getting an upgrade for Tavares.

WangMustGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
Bailey has been playing very good hockey lately, solid defensively and very nifty offensively. Once our coach gets his head out of his *** and starts changing up the lines Bailey will start putting up a lot of points. He definitely has more value than he had a few months ago.

Moulson will take an overpayment, Isles would be looking for a young top 4 defenseman in exchange for him. Someone like Jack Johnson comes to mind.

Parenteau is nifty offensively, but is hard to gauge his value, would prefer to keep him around unless we are getting an upgrade for Tavares.

Bailey looked good tonight, same with Moulson

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 09:34 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Parenteau sucks
Explain.

Consider: 20 goals and 50+ points last year and almost a PPG this year.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Explain.

Consider: 20 goals and 50+ points last year and almost a PPG this year.
yes, he's good offensively when paired with Tavares and Moulson ...

but he sucks at everything else

Old
12-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStarsfan06 View Post
Mark Eaton + Matt Moulson for Luca Sbisa
I guess I'd do it, but it sounds like Islander fans would want us to add, which we shouldn't do for the sake of adding to a position we're already deep at.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 09:42 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

Quote:
yes, he's good offensively when paired with Tavares and Moulson ...

but he sucks at everything else
The one thing I like about Parenteau is that he creates his own offense, whereas Moulson feeds off of Tavares. I will definitely agree with you though, he is not a top line player, and he should be a 3rd/4th line player on most good teams.

As for what you said about Bailey, he has played very well over the past 2 months, ever since Comeau got shipped out Bailey and Okposo have been playing very good hockey. Unfortunately our coach sucks and does not reward Bailey for strong play, and leaves Nielsen as our second line center even though he has been nearly invisible offensively.

WangMustGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
The one thing I like about Parenteau is that he creates his own offense, whereas Moulson feeds off of Tavares. I will definitely agree with you though, he is not a top line player, and he should be a 3rd/4th line player on most good teams.

As for what you said about Bailey, he has played very well over the past 2 months, ever since Comeau got shipped out Bailey and Okposo have been playing very good hockey. Unfortunately our coach sucks and does not reward Bailey for strong play, and leaves Nielsen as our second line center even though he has been nearly invisible offensively.
ya, i was wondering why Bailey is playing 3rd line when he has more offensive instinct than Nielson... and to top it off, Nielson is very defensive and should be a 3rd line shutdown C

Old
12-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 480
Don't want to trade any of these guys. Bailey seems to have turned a corner, you can view it as selling high but I'd rather wait and see where this takes him. Also, Reasoner as the third line center scares the **** out of me.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 10:11 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Parenteau sucks

but Moulson is a great player imo ... has an absolute laser of a shot
Parenteau's been awesome this year. As I said in another thread a long time ago, he's playing more like a hockey player and less like an idiot. He's been almost a PPG and has been playing good hockey, not making boneheaded passes and stupid turnovers.

Moulson doesn't have a laser of a shot. He's got a decent shot, but he likes to just bang in the loose puck. He's damn good at it too.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 10:13 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
Don't want to trade any of these guys. Bailey seems to have turned a corner, you can view it as selling high but I'd rather wait and see where this takes him. Also, Reasoner as the third line center scares the **** out of me.
Agreed, and I'm one of Bailey's biggest haters. He's been playing a lot better the last month or so. I still don't really like him, but I see no point in trading him now.

And Reasoner sucks, I can't believe how bad he's been this year. Him being the #3 center scares me too.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote