HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes put D Bruno St. Jacques, D Allan Rourke and C Mike Zigomanis on Waivers

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2004, 03:12 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Canes put D Bruno St. Jacques, D Allan Rourke and C Mike Zigomanis on Waivers

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/h...-7824064c.html

Well out of this group, I think we can use some skill down the middle. Since we did not sign Umberger, we are thin down the middle. My bet is Zigomanis will be picked, not saying by us, but he has talent to play in the NHL. He would prolly thrive on a rebuilding team like Rangers or a team like Jackets or Pens. I hope we pick him.

Last edited by BDubinskyNYR17*: 09-08-2004 at 03:17 PM.
Old
09-08-2004, 03:47 PM
Sather Hater

It would not surprise me, we have been picking up Carolina's sloppy seconds recently - Jeff Hereema, Kevin Weekes...

Old
09-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Melrose_Jr.

When was he resigned? I remember the last time we talked about Zigo, he had rejected the Canes 1 year offer.

Old
09-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
When was he resigned? I remember the last time we talked about Zigo, he had rejected the Canes 1 year offer.
The 19th of August

Old
09-08-2004, 03:58 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
he resigned about a few weeks ago or something.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_sto...nhl-hurricanes

Old
09-08-2004, 03:59 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sather Hater
It would not surprise me, we have been picking up Carolina's sloppy seconds recently - Jeff Hereema, Kevin Weekes...
I wonder what it would take to get Oneil'l out of Carolina.

How about this?

Canes- Poti, Lundmark and D.Moore
Rangers - Oneill and Boulerice

Old
09-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
The 19th of August
I'd need to know the terms of that deal before I could gauge my interest. I believe he was looking for $1.5per. That's a lot of cake for someone who's apparently drawn a lot less interest than players we've already passed on, such as Umberger.

Old
09-08-2004, 04:06 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
I wonder what it would take to get Oneil'l out of Carolina.

How about this?

Canes- Poti, Lundmark and D.Moore
Rangers - Oneill and Boulerice
nyr should not trade any youth unless necessary, sign vets keep our youth and let them mature, its not like nyr is on a spending spree of vets its only maybe one or 2 more they will sign so why give up youth when we could sign someone as an example selanne(lw) kariya(lw) there is also maccamond and others, oneill will be just as expensive and we lose no youth with signings of others.

how about no, from a nyr side and a canes side, but now that those guys were waived how about nyr picks up st,jaques and zigomanis,nyr still needs a center and zigo could hopefully do some goos fillin with second line duty with avet on the left and balej on the right with lundmark gtetting lw time with jagr and nylander.

and with jaques he supposably has a high ceiling its a no loss situation, pick these kids up and lets see what they got maybe carolina wasnt the place for them, bot zigo and st,j have very good potential and if they do pan out could be graet situation for nyr, nyr has nothing to lose. all it is is adding 2 more young prospects with good upsides its definitly worth the shot.

Old
09-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Fish

Quote:
I'd need to know the terms of that deal before I could gauge my interest. I believe he was looking for $1.5per. That's a lot of cake for someone who's apparently drawn a lot less interest than players we've already passed on, such as Umberger.
Well he signed for a whole lot less...400k

http://www.nhlpa.com/Content/THE_PLA...io.asp?ID=7207

Old
09-08-2004, 04:16 PM
barnaby63

I would have some interest in St.Jaques.

Old
09-08-2004, 04:19 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
I would have some interest in St.Jaques.

I wish these guys were from Edmonton, then u know Sather has intrest. You know Sather loves guys that can skate. And he also likes young waiver material: Rico Fata. Maybe Sather will pick these guys since they are young and maybe than can turn into something for us.

Old
09-08-2004, 08:15 PM
JJ68NYR

I would take Bruno St.Jaques in a heartbeat. The guy is young and he has nice size. Zigo wouldnt be a bad pickup either.

Old
09-09-2004, 01:14 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ68NYR
I would take Bruno St.Jaques in a heartbeat. The guy is young and he has nice size. Zigo wouldnt be a bad pickup either.

Lets hope within the next few days we will hear this:

President and General Manager Glen Sather announces that the club has claimed D Bruno St. Jacques and C Mike Zigomanis off waivers from the Carolina Hurricanes. That would be awesome.

Old
09-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
No comments on this section of the article?

Quote:
The NHL and NHL Players' Association have resolved the issue of which NHL players can be assigned to the American Hockey League during a lockout, Carolina general manager Jim Rutherford said Tuesday, with younger players eligible to go to the AHL and older, waiver-eligible players required to clear waivers first.
I knew that the owners were talking about this, but this is the first I've heard of it being resolved. What younger players do we have that are waiver-eligible? Lundmark and Betts? Is there anyone else?

This also adds a new wrinkle to possible waiver claims. If a team claims a player on waivers, he cannot play in the AHL during a lockout. That should stop some teams from claiming younger players. It's possible that Sather uses this to try to sneak Lundmark through waivers.

Old
09-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
St.Jaques is a no brainer big size plays wing and efense and is a legit fighter who is fearless and knows his role please Dark Sather grab this kid

Old
09-09-2004, 12:45 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
No comments on this section of the article?

I knew that the owners were talking about this, but this is the first I've heard of it being resolved. What younger players do we have that are waiver-eligible? Lundmark and Betts? Is there anyone else?

This also adds a new wrinkle to possible waiver claims. If a team claims a player on waivers, he cannot play in the AHL during a lockout. That should stop some teams from claiming younger players. It's possible that Sather uses this to try to sneak Lundmark through waivers.
betts has only played 35 nhl games, so he doesn't need waivers yet...as far as i know lundmark is the only kid that would need to clear waiver to go down...

as far as your 2nd point about teams not claiming guys because they wouldn't be able to play in the AHL...its possible that all the teams will argee to let each other's prospects clear waivers so they can play in the ahl. but unless there is an argeement to not claim anyone then i don't think this will scare teams if certain players become available...it might prevent a team from putting a claim on lesser prospects but if for example columbus tried to slip rick nash thru waivers, nash would be instantly claimed by 29 other teams and the team that gets him would gladly deal with the problem of finding somewhere for him to play once they get him for nothing...

Old
09-09-2004, 12:48 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
betts has only played 35 nhl games, so he doesn't need waivers yet...as far as i know lundmark is the only kid that would need to clear waiver to go down...

as far as your 2nd point about teams not claiming guys because they wouldn't be able to play in the AHL...its possible that all the teams will argee to let each other's prospects clear waivers so they can play in the ahl. but unless there is an argeement to not claim anyone then i don't think this will scare teams if certain players become available...it might prevent a team from putting a claim on lesser prospects but if for example columbus tried to slip rick nash thru waivers, nash would be instantly claimed by 29 other teams and the team that gets him would gladly deal with the problem of finding somewhere for him to play once they get him for nothing...
Betts is 24 years old and played 35 nhl games throughout 3 seasons and he was hurt most of the time, so I think he has to clear waivers.

Old
09-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Fish

Actually as a 24 year old he has to have played in 60 games...so he can be sent down without clearing waivers.

Old
09-09-2004, 01:51 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469

Rick Nash is an entirely different matter. He's established himself as a bonafide NHL player. The players that this will affect are the prospects that haven't really earned a roster spot yet but have enough experience to need to clear waivers. The fact that Zigomanis would have to sit on the shelf during the lockout would make most GMs think twice (hell, the fact that they would have to keep him on the NHL roster would make them think twice about Zigomanis). The same holds true for Lundmark. Will he be waived? I don't know about that. Lundmark holds a much higher upside than Zigomanis, and I wouldn't be so sure that a team that lacks young scoring forwards might gamble on a short lockout and take a chance on him.

As for St. Jacques, I would have liked him, if we didn't pick up Grenier and Strudwick while re-signing Purinton. How many of these types do we need?

Old
09-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
Will he be waived? I don't know about that. Lundmark holds a much higher upside than Zigomanis, and I wouldn't be so sure that a team that lacks young scoring forwards might gamble on a short lockout and take a chance on him
In an uncertain financial landscape though, Lundmark @ $1.1M is a pretty big gamble. If Sather sees less expensive playerrs slipping through, one could rationalize it as being a risk worth talking.

Old
09-09-2004, 02:14 PM
Davisian

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm.. Coquille St. Jacques...

Old
09-09-2004, 02:15 PM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sather Hater
Hereema's now a Canuck.

Old
09-09-2004, 02:33 PM
John Flyers Fan

St. Jaques isn't a fighter.

I do believe he can become a goold solid NHL defenseman. Not much offense, very good body checker.

Old
09-09-2004, 03:11 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
St. Jaques isn't a fighter.

I do believe he can become a goold solid NHL defenseman. Not much offense, very good body checker.
Something Dale Purinton was supposed to be. Circa first half of 2002.

Old
09-09-2004, 04:52 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
Something Dale Purinton was supposed to be. Circa first half of 2002.

I've seen St. Jaques play 20 plus times, he's a much better player than Purinton will ever be. He won't provide the toughness that dale will however. Bodychecks yes, dropping the gloves .... rarely.

Closed Thread