HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adam Henrique

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2011, 02:47 AM
Colt.45Orr

vCash: 500
Adam Henrique

Hi guys/gals,

First time for me tonight seeing Henrique play @ the NHL level. He certainly looks like an NHL player to me; he is very smart with the puck and, more importantly for a rookie, looks very defensively responsible.

Just wondering why there appears to be no hype on the guy? I know people said his jr. numbers were inflated due to his linemate being Hall, but there are plenty of uber talented jr. level players in the OHL so you would have to throw out most people's numbers if that were the case. Obviously, last year he had great numbers for such a low-scoring team in Albany... but not great numbers compared to stronger offensive teams.

If he keeps up playing well is there a chance he will get more ice-time? PP time? I don't expect Josefson back soon --bro-in-law broke clavicle and it took him a year to recover. When Z comes back, will Henrique slide down to 4th line C, or is it too early to say?

Just curious for some thoughts, I've liked him as a player for some time but there seems to be little-to-no talk about him in the hockey world.

Old
10-26-2011, 02:48 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

He made Hall just as much as the other way around.

Old
10-26-2011, 02:53 AM
SLNP
Gettin' Sykie wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to SLNP
i dont think henrique would go down to the 4th line. the 3rd line works too well right now.

when zajac gets back i think pete will just move parise back to wing.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:13 AM
Parise9Crosby87

i think henrique will be greats its only a matter of time

Old
10-26-2011, 03:30 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

If he keeps firing like tonight he could very well be another goal scorer we have on our hands. Which for this team is always good. He scored the first goal of that pre season exhibition against the Rangers at Prudential right? I'm glad I predicted a goal tonight out of someone other than Elias, Parise, Kovi, and Clarkson. Good one or should I say two for Zubrus. The Elias goal was the best I've seen in a while. What a beautiful goal. I'm high on this win. The Kings are a great team. Definitely one of the best in the league right now. Would we have won if Quick was in net? I think so. Would we have scored as much? Maybe not. Guess what! We didn't give up any goals to that great offense of theirs, and that had no bearing on Quick or Bernier or their defense whatsoever. Surprisingly though the Kings aren't a very high scoring team. Their goals for average is lower than ours. 17 in 8 games, and we got 16 in 7 games. Doesn't matter or take anything away from LA they still win games.

Old
10-26-2011, 10:14 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
First time for me tonight seeing Henrique play @ the NHL level. He certainly looks like an NHL player to me......................Just wondering why there appears to be no hype on the guy?
Because you happened to see the high-water mark.

If he played like he did last night, every night, he'd never have to worry about seeing an AHL bus ever again. Can he play like he did last night, every night? Time will tell.

Old
10-26-2011, 10:17 AM
JimEIV

1 game Hype is not New Jersey style.

Old
10-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Granted it is a very little sample size that we've seen Henrique play in, but he reminds me a bit of John Madden and if he continues to play this way, the similaraties will continue to show

Old
10-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
We need to see this sort of performance more consistently from Henrique in order to start getting really excited. But he was very very good last night. I like him on that third line.

Old
10-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Drewr15

I think we as Devils fans always felt we had a quality prospect in Henrique. Not a first line center probably but a solid second or third with good hockey smarts and some offensive potential. He is still figuring out and getting confidence at this level. Last night was his best performance so far but as others have said, needs to do it consistently. I can't say for the rest of the hockey world's lack of hype but I think most of us have been high on him for awhile now.

Old
10-26-2011, 12:46 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Hi guys/gals,

First time for me tonight seeing Henrique play @ the NHL level. He certainly looks like an NHL player to me; he is very smart with the puck and, more importantly for a rookie, looks very defensively responsible.

Just wondering why there appears to be no hype on the guy? I know people said his jr. numbers were inflated due to his linemate being Hall, but there are plenty of uber talented jr. level players in the OHL so you would have to throw out most people's numbers if that were the case. Obviously, last year he had great numbers for such a low-scoring team in Albany... but not great numbers compared to stronger offensive teams.

If he keeps up playing well is there a chance he will get more ice-time? PP time? I don't expect Josefson back soon --bro-in-law broke clavicle and it took him a year to recover. When Z comes back, will Henrique slide down to 4th line C, or is it too early to say?

Just curious for some thoughts, I've liked him as a player for some time but there seems to be little-to-no talk about him in the hockey world.
he will become a great player. but if you’re looking for over-hyped prospects, it’s a short ferry ride away

Old
10-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

The only prospect we've been hyping is Larsson, and he earns every bit of praise he gets.

Old
10-28-2011, 02:31 AM
Colt.45Orr

Didn't see the game tonight (Vs. Pheonix) but see that Henrique was tied for most shots for the Devils and led them in blocked shots. I'm guessing he had another good game?

From the highlights it looks like his screen caused the Fayne goal, and, of course, he had an assist on the Devils final goal. How was the rest of his game?

ps:I've always disliked Devils players (besided Neids) but really like Josefson and Henrique.

Old
10-28-2011, 02:37 AM
dream catcher

always been a fan of Henrique. The only question in my mind was how good offensively could he get? Now after watching him some in the NHL I think he could be a 25/25 guy in his prime that is solid defensively and good on faceoffs. Pretty much an all around player who steps his game up in the playoffs.

Old
10-28-2011, 02:44 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

He had another very solid game. Created a lot of chances, though couldn't finish any, and was solid defensively. Always brings a lot of energy.

Old
10-28-2011, 03:03 AM
LTrain1980

I think hes a bit overrated on this board, but he has been playing pretty well the last two games. Botom six c with 2nd line ceiling...

Old
10-28-2011, 04:08 AM
FirmestPiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTrain1980 View Post
I think hes a bit overrated on this board, but he has been playing pretty well the last two games. Botom six c with 2nd line ceiling...
What is this, I don't even.......

That's pretty much what everyone on here thinks Henrique projects to be. If he turns out to be an excellent third line C (most likely) capable of putting up 20-20 points I think everyone would be happy with that.

Old
10-28-2011, 04:14 AM
LTrain1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmestPiano View Post
What is this, I don't even.......

That's pretty much what everyone on here thinks Henrique projects to be. If he turns out to be an excellent third line C (most likely) capable of putting up 20-20 points I think everyone would be happy with that.

Whats is this?

Old
10-28-2011, 04:21 AM
FirmestPiano

I don't understand why you're saying he's overrated and then pretty much state what everyone else agrees on, that he has the potential to be an excellent third line C.

Doesn't make much sense does it?

Either way, I'm happy he's doing well. Always liked Henrique as a player and if he turns out like we hope, all the better for our C depth which has been lacking these past years. Feels good to have a capable 3rd line C. (Not that Josefson wasn't one, but I think I can speak for everyone saying we all hope he's got a higher ceiling then 3rd line C.)

Last edited by FirmestPiano: 10-28-2011 at 04:28 AM.
Old
10-28-2011, 04:24 AM
LTrain1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmestPiano View Post
I don't understand why you're saying he's overrated and then pretty much state what everyone else agrees on, that he has the potential to be an excellent third line C.

Doesn't make much sense does it?
You right bro...you right. I thiught i read ppl saying they thought he was top 6

Old
10-28-2011, 06:56 AM
Billdo

vCash: 50
Henrique and his line had the best game last night besides Zach. Parise never stops hustling, its incredible to watch. The third line of Tedenby-Henrique-Clarkson was very good last night though. If only Clarkson had the offensive skills to compliment Henrique and Tedenby. Without them though that is an aggressive forechecking line who built a lot of momentum I thought last night. Henrique has been very good.

Old
10-28-2011, 09:54 AM
MartysBackup
Who wants Wawa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 732DevilsFan View Post
Henrique and his line had the best game last night besides Zach. Parise never stops hustling, its incredible to watch. The third line of Tedenby-Henrique-Clarkson was very good last night though. If only Clarkson had the offensive skills to compliment Henrique and Tedenby. Without them though that is an aggressive forechecking line who built a lot of momentum I thought last night. Henrique has been very good.
THC Line, brah.

Old
10-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Henrique was good about creating chances last night, but I wish he could finish more of them for goals. That will come eventually with more experience, I guess. I don't think there's any reason to send him down any time soon. He's proved that he belongs.

Old
10-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Nogoalov 2.0

Old
10-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Capt Brycey Poo
Holik to HHOF

I like what ive seen from Henrique and im so happy he is getting his shot. He has been one of the bright spots lately.

Closed Thread