HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Jets @ Devils 2 - The Musketeer is awesome

Old
11-06-2011, 02:57 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdlopz View Post
You mean the Minnesota Wild who are two points out of first place in the Western Conference?
yea?! so!

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by severian View Post
parise - zajac - zubrus
kovalchuk - henrique - elias
tedenby - josefson - clarkson
zharkov - pelley - sykora/mills/boulton

greene - volch
tallinder - fayne
salvador - larsson

brodeur
hedberg
i'd rather
parise-zajac-elias
kovy-henrique-sykora
teddy-yayo-clarkson
zubrus-pelley/carter/whatever-boulton/mills/whatever.

i feel like sykora and henrique would play well with kovalchuk. top line is classic devils, and the strange but effective teddy and clarkson combo get a solid center to play with. 4th line is whatever cobbled together crap we have at the time + zubrus to give it some semblance of skill. you could switch sykora with zubrus if you wanted to.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Bondys Champagne
Who dey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nj1612 View Post
No, the wild team that finished in 12th and 13th places without him. Not the team that your basing off in 11 games
Why are you still posting?

Bondys Champagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Nocashstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieharddevilsfan30 View Post
I agree with what Chico is saying Sykora and Elias have amazing chemistry together and thats not something we should break up.
They really do. It's crazy how well they play together even after a 9 year gap.

Nocashstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:06 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I don't know if it has been discussed but I have a feeling Teddy will be a healthy scratch on tuesday against the Canes.

His little hissy fit towards the ref when Volchenkov got his pocket picked, legally might I had, on that Jets 2nd goal isn't something a NHL head coach likes to see out of his players, especially not rookies. IIRC, he didn't see a shift after that. Granted, the time between the event and the OT winner was pretty marginal but I wouldn't be surprise to see him in the press box on tuesday.

I might be wrong as well.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I don't know if it has been discussed but I have a feeling Teddy will be a healthy scratch on tuesday against the Canes.

His little hissy fit towards the ref when Volchenkov got his pocket picked, legally might I had, on that Jets 2nd goal isn't something a NHL head coach likes to see out of his players, especially not rookies. IIRC, he didn't see a shift after that. Granted, the time between the event and the OT winner was pretty marginal but I wouldn't be surprise to see him in the press box on tuesday.

You are wrong, because he wasn't picked legally. It's because it was Volchenkov, you think it was legal. DeBoer said it was a penalty, Anton was 100% sure it was going to be a penalty, even the CBC guys thought it should have been.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Devils Nick30

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdlopz View Post
You mean the Minnesota Wild who are two points out of first place in the Western Conference?
Well it's early, but they haven't made the playoffs since Lemaire left I don't think?

They have had quite a few years now without Lemaire, I could see your arguement if they had turned it around completely right after they left - but they really didn't.

Devils Nick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Devils Mike*

Send a message via MSN to Devils Mike*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dutch View Post
I don't have a hand injury

Devils Mike* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Devils Nick30

Quote:
He made a valid point

Devils Nick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:29 PM
VaxjoDevil

Quote:

If he gets scratched after having a solid game with 15 minutes (I think) of TOI because he showed displeasure for a teammate being hooked right before a goal against, that would really be strange.

VaxjoDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:31 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
You are wrong, because he wasn't picked legally. It's because it was Volchenkov, you think it was legal. DeBoer said it was a penalty, Anton was 100% sure it was going to be a penalty, even the CBC guys thought it should have been.
But of course. I knew I should've specified that the fact it was on Volchenkov had nothing to do with anything. If you expect a coach to say that his d-men looked stupid on the ice for getting his pocket picked, you are dreaming. We don't have Tortorella behind the bench.

The defender lifted his stick, wich is a solid defensive play and a lost art if you ask me. Too many times, a solid play like that get's called for a 2 minute minor for hooking when it really isn't. He didn't "hook" him or his stick, he just lifted Anton's stick and he lost his balanced.

If it were to happen to anyone else, let's say Larsson for example, I would've said the same thing.

Edit: So do you think Tedenby will get benched on tuesday, cause that was the main part of my post and not to create another heated debate about A-Train.

Old
11-06-2011, 04:38 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
If he gets scratched after having a solid game with 15 minutes (I think) of TOI because he showed displeasure for a teammate being hooked right before a goal against, that would really be strange.
Acting like a 5 year old on the ice shouldn't be tolerated at the NHL level. You might be pissed, but you don't voice your opinion by yelling and skating towards a official when you are a "nobody" that's still wet behind the ears.

You put your team in a tough situation cause yaping at the officials is always a negative. You never reach anything by doing it since I never saw a official reverse his decision cause he was getting yelled at. You just add a bigger target to you and your team by doing that.

I'm not saying that he should be benched for two weeks, but one game, just to let him know that the way he acted isn't going to fly anymore.

Old
11-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedenby21 View Post
I said it on the last page, but I think the defensive pairs should be switched up from what they were when Greene gets back.

Greene-Volchenkov
Tallinder-Fayne
Salvador-Larsson
I'm cool with those pairings. Guys who complement each other, and a good amount of puck moving skill on each pairing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
According to a poster on njdevs. Jacques met with Kovy in the players box last night.
I hope it brings back second half Kovy if true.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:40 PM
VaxjoDevil

Quote:
But of course. I knew I should've specified that the fact it was on Volchenkov had nothing to do with anything. If you expect a coach to say that his d-men looked stupid on the ice for getting his pocket picked, you are dreaming. We don't have Tortorella behind the bench.

The defender lifted his stick, wich is a solid defensive play and a lost art if you ask me. Too many times, a solid play like that get's called for a 2 minute minor for hooking when it really isn't. He didn't "hook" him or his stick, he just lifted Anton's stick and he lost his balanced.

If it were to happen to anyone else, let's say Larsson for example, I would've said the same thing.

Edit: So do you think Tedenby will get benched on tuesday, cause that was the main part of my post and not to create another heated debate about A-Train.
If DeBoer should talk to anybody it's Volchenkov, not Tedenby. The guy looked like Cristiano Ronaldo.
I can't imagine anyone being scratched because of this.

Old
11-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Devils731

Quote:
I actually thought Tedenby's game last night was a step back from the last few games. He had trouble getting the puck and was having an easy time giving it up.

I think he knew he was being given a chance to stick on the 3rd line, if he had a good game, and was pressing so he made too many high risk plays that resulted in easy turnovers for the Jets.

Devils731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:44 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
If DeBoer should talk to anybody it's Volchenkov, not Tedenby. The guy looked like Cristiano Ronaldo.
I can't imagine anyone being scratched because of this.
The veteran guy getting embaressed for the game tying goal has somewhat of a reason to voice his opinion, not Tedenby. It could've backfired and caused the Devils a 2 minute penalty for barking at the refs.

We were lucky we didn't get hit with anything after the play.

Old
11-06-2011, 04:44 PM
VaxjoDevil

Quote:
Acting like a 5 year old on the ice shouldn't be tolerated at the NHL level. You might be pissed, but you don't voice your opinion by yelling and skating towards a official when you are a "nobody" that's still wet behind the ears.

You put your team in a tough situation cause yaping at the officials is always a negative. You never reach anything by doing it since I never saw a official reverse his decision cause he was getting yelled at. You just add a bigger target to you and your team by doing that.

I'm not saying that he should be benched for two weeks, but one game, just to let him know that the way he acted isn't going to fly anymore.
Players act like 5 year olds all the time, per your definition.

I don't know what to say more than I don't think DeBoer gives a **** about what Teddy did in that situation.

Last edited by VaxjoDevil: 11-06-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old
11-06-2011, 04:46 PM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Quote:
You the Sheriff round these parts?

JerryGigantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:47 PM
VaxjoDevil

Quote:
The veteran guy getting embaressed for the game tying goal has somewhat of a reason to voice his opinion, not Tedenby. It could've backfired and caused the Devils a 2 minute penalty for barking at the refs.

We were lucky we didn't get hit with anything after the play.
Lucky we didn't get hit? We got a make-up call, basically, for the missed hook.

Old
11-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I don't think Tedenby will get any talking to from DeBoer for that. Talking to the refs on behalf of a teammate after a clearly blown call shows leadership, not petulance.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:53 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Lucky we didn't get hit? We got a make-up call, basically, for the missed hook.
What make-up call? Kane got a penalty cause his stick was parallel to the ice and actually hooked one of our guys in the slot and he went straight to the box cause he knew he prevented a scoring chance with minimal time on the clock. The Jets player lifted Anton's stick and picked his pocket, since he lost his balance.

Two very seperate situations IMO but since I'm talking about A-Train, I must have a agenda. Like I said, if it were to happen to Larsson or Parise, I'd be saying the same thing.

Old
11-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Bondys Champagne
Who dey

Quote:
I don't have a hand injury
Wow, I actually thought you were the guy that wanted to stop posting for 17 days if we score more than 2 goals in the last game Sorry man

No, not the Sheriff, but I was hoping he sticks to his word. But well, maybe he does.

Whatever, back on topic

Bondys Champagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:59 PM
VaxjoDevil

Quote:
What make-up call? Kane got a penalty cause his stick was parallel to the ice and actually hooked one of our guys in the slot and he went straight to the box cause he knew he prevented a scoring chance with minimal time on the clock. The Jets player lifted Anton's stick and picked his pocket, since he lost his balance.

Two very seperate situations IMO but since I'm talking about A-Train, I must have a agenda. Like I said, if it were to happen to Larsson or Parise, I'd be saying the same thing.
I never said anything about any agenda?

But wait...he went straight to the box? Ehh...he was shouting to the ref like a madman for quite a while before going to the box.

Old
11-06-2011, 05:05 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
I never said anything about any agenda?

But wait...he went straight to the box? Ehh...he was shouting to the ref like a madman for quite a while before going to the box.
Since my hatred towards grenade handlers has been spoted on these boards, whenever I talk about one of them, it's now a running joke that I'm on some kind of agenda to ruin their careers as a New Jersey Devils. I kept on talking about White and he got waived... must be my fault. I taught it was you who called me out because it happend to A-Train... but it wasn't, so my apologies to you my friend

I was watching the CBC feed and I didn't see any of that. But if he did open his mouth, it was well deserved.

Old
11-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Captain Kulador
yay hockey

Quote:
No, the wild team that finished in 12th and 13th places without him. Not the team that your basing off in 11 games
woah! wait a minute, i bet now you're going to tell me the maple leafs aren't the best team in the NHL?!?!

Captain Kulador is offline   Reply With Quote