HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where to customize a jersey in Edmonton?

Old
10-31-2011, 02:06 AM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Where to customize a jersey in Edmonton?

Hey guys, I was just wondering whether there's a place in Edmonton that does quality jersey customization, i.e. they'll stitch the numbers, names and all that on the jersey if you bring it in?

Thanks!

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 02:14 AM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

vCash: 50
Check out Game on Sports and Jersey City at west edmonton mall. I know for sure that game on sports does custom stitching, and I'm pretty sure that Jersey City would as well. Not too sure about pricing, but I'm sure they'd give you an estimate over the phone.

Yeah15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 09:49 AM
Ryker

Thanks, I'll check those two out. Would you happen to know what the quality is like?

Old
10-31-2011, 09:52 AM
oiler-dude

United Cycle on Gateway Blvd & 80th ave does it as well.

oiler-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:04 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

As far as I recall, Elite Sportswear does the Oilers' actual jerseys. If you want it done right, go there.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:05 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

United Cycle does a good job

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 12:19 PM
Ryker

Oh, wow, it's great hearing about United Cycle, because I'm usually around there on weekends for grocery shopping anyway, and it's thus a lot more convenient than other places. I guess I'll give them a call to see what they charge.

Any comparisons between Elite Sportswear and United Cycle, though (or the ones in West Edmonton Mall)? If one is namely appreciably better than the other, then I'd rather get it done really well, despite perhaps having to wait a couple of months to find the time to get to a less convenient place.

Old
10-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Ryker

Damn, it seems they all charge $100, though, and I assumed it'd be a bit cheaper. So right now if I do decide to customize it, I guess the only relevant factor would be the quality, because for that amount of money (which is more than what I paid for the actual Premier jersey) I really want to get a job done well.

Old
10-31-2011, 01:52 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Damn, it seems they all charge $100, though, and I assumed it'd be a bit cheaper. So right now if I do decide to customize it, I guess the only relevant factor would be the quality, because for that amount of money (which is more than what I paid for the actual Premier jersey) I really want to get a job done well.
I'll tell you this much about game on sports. When I brought in my Canada jersey to get customized with Crosby and his letter, the nameplate was wrong (wrong colour), and the A was on the wrong side of the neck, it was the wrong colour, and it wasn't at the right height either. It was pretty awful. I'm guessing a lot of people wouldn't even notice these things as they were pretty small errors, but it sure felt unauthentic to me. It could be completely different with Oilers jerseys for all I know though. But as someone else posted earlier, if the Oilers get their jerseys done at elite sportswear then I would definitely head there. Especially if the price is the same as the competitors.

Yeah15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Moneypuck

RMC Sports on 111th ave and about 159th street does a fine job. Go direct to the people who do it so you don't have that middleman markup. Have done about 50 jerseys through them and i'd never go anywhere else. 75.00 a jersey last time i was in, not sure if its gone up a little since then.

Moneypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypuck View Post
RMC Sports on 111th ave and about 159th street does a fine job. Go direct to the people who do it so you don't have that middleman markup. Have done about 50 jerseys through them and i'd never go anywhere else. 75.00 a jersey last time i was in, not sure if its gone up a little since then.
I just called them, and they told me it's $110 + tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah15 View Post
I'll tell you this much about game on sports. When I brought in my Canada jersey to get customized with Crosby and his letter, the nameplate was wrong (wrong colour), and the A was on the wrong side of the neck, it was the wrong colour, and it wasn't at the right height either. It was pretty awful. I'm guessing a lot of people wouldn't even notice these things as they were pretty small errors, but it sure felt unauthentic to me. It could be completely different with Oilers jerseys for all I know though. But as someone else posted earlier, if the Oilers get their jerseys done at elite sportswear then I would definitely head there. Especially if the price is the same as the competitors.
Yeah, right now Elite Sportswear seems like the best alternative. I mean, either that or United Cycle. One other alternative that just sprung up is with a partner of the company I ordered the jersey from. They said the company is NHLPA approved, and they would do it for $60, but I don't know the name of the company yet, and I'm not sure if being NHLPA approved warrants that the job will be done well.

Old
10-31-2011, 03:10 PM
oiler-dude

Another option, if you're willing to wait. You can send your jersey to River City Sports (www.rivercitysports.com), they're out of Winnipeg. I've done this before, and have gotten all my jerseys there. Excellent quality.

Old
10-31-2011, 04:02 PM
mcote97

Ebay.ca (edmonton oilers jersey kit) seller: 20west
I buy the unsewn kits and get the dry cleaners in my town ot stitch them on. They do an unbelieveable job. Sewn are pro kits. It usually costs me $60 shipped and sewn on. I highly reccomend these kits, the risk is fimding someone good to attach them to your jersey.

mcote97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 05:39 PM
paulie9

Sports closet in Sherwood Park mall is fantastic.

I have 4 jerseys done through them and they are all top notch.

paulie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 06:21 PM
nabob
Nuuuuuuuuuuge!!

Got mine done at the Oilers store in Kingsway. They did a good job as far as I and my jersey collecting brother can tell.

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Ryker

Alright, thanks again everyone, it seems there's a lot of places that do quality work, although I was hoping to get a lower price. I guess I now have to decide whether to just have the jersey I ordered blank, and then buy the next one customized directly from NHL.com or somewhere (because customization is much cheaper there and the extra cost sets off the bargain I got on the blank), or spend an extra $100 + tax on customization now.

Old
11-07-2011, 12:56 PM
oiler-dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Alright, thanks again everyone, it seems there's a lot of places that do quality work, although I was hoping to get a lower price. I guess I now have to decide whether to just have the jersey I ordered blank, and then buy the next one customized directly from NHL.com or somewhere (because customization is much cheaper there and the extra cost sets off the bargain I got on the blank), or spend an extra $100 + tax on customization now.
Do not buy a customized jersey from NHL.com. If you're buying the premiere jerseys, you get the crappy screen-print type customization. You only get the pro-customization if you buy the $400 authentic jerseys.

If you're buying a jersey already customized, go to a place like United Cycle, Jersey City, etc. where you can already see them done. Or if online, River City Sports (www.rivercitysports.com) does an awesome job and you get the pro-customization on replica jerseys for a good price. Never had a bad jersey from them.