Notices

Game #14 - Daylight Savings Edition - Winnipeg Jets at New York Rangers

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Has Mannino been announced as the starter? Was really hoping we could avoid having to use him.

Old
11-06-2011, 12:26 PM
PaperRockChamp

vCash: 50
http://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg/blogs/jets_report/?id=379802

Last edited by Jet: 11-06-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Thanks for the link wpggrown, changed it to their source - TSN
Old
11-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
From the horse's mouth:

http://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg/blogs/jets_report/?id=379802

Quote:
Goaltender Ondrej Pavelec will start his fifth straight game coming off a 25 save performance last night against the Devils.
Also:

Quote:
As for tonight's roster, forward Nik Antropov and defenceman Mark Stuart are game-time decisions. Antropov was expected to play last night, but was a last minute deletion due to injury. Stuart has missed the last two games.

Old
11-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
You're calling Munz a horse?

11-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
You're calling Munz a horse?
Well, to hear some people talk...they'd rather have Mr. Ed calling Jets games.

Old
11-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Crossing my fingers for Stu and Antro to play.

11-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Well, to hear some people talk...they'd rather have Mr. Ed calling Jets games.
Yeah but then you'd have to listen for the hooves scratching the ground to find out the score

Old
11-06-2011, 01:47 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Great road trip so far hoping we win and get to .500

Old
11-06-2011, 02:26 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Good to hear Pavs starting tonight, this is the more winnable of the next two games.

Jets dominated the face-off circle last night

Hope to see Wheeler and Little skating on the ice more tonight as opposed to flopping on it like last night.

Prediction: Pavs comes up big tonight, Jets get the win!

Old
11-06-2011, 02:42 PM
MadMen88

vCash: 500
I hope you're right. The Jets could go .500 tonight, and this would mean big things in terms of playoffs. They are starting to really get into a nice groove. Mark Flood and Festerling have looked really good out there. A tougher test tonight though, but I really think the Jets will find a way to be in contention until the final minute. If Pavelec stands on his head, we'll win, if he has a somewhat off night, I don't see us ripping Henrik for more than 2 or 3. Go Jets Go!

Old
11-06-2011, 02:52 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Good to hear Pavs starting tonight, this is the more winnable of the next two games.

Jets dominated the face-off circle last night

Hope to see Wheeler and Little skating on the ice more tonight as opposed to flopping on it like last night.

Prediction: Pavs comes up big tonight, Jets get the win!
It would be interesting to know if there are any other forwards in the entire NHL with the amount of ice time those two slugs have gotten that have not scored a goal. I would hazard to guess Little and Wheeler lead the NHL in forwards with the most ice-time who have not recorded a goal.

To put things in perspective. Scheifele has more goals than Little and Wheeler combined and has been in Barrie for the past 6 games.

Even more telling is former Manitoba Moose player Mark Flood who in 2 NHL games has more goals than both Little and Wheeler and only trails Little in points by 1 despite playing just 2 games compared to Little's 13.

Old
11-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

When does the free preview of TSN JEts end?

Old
11-06-2011, 03:09 PM
DickM

Big Buff's Gotta Move

I am a person who believes strongly that Jets fans should be supportive of the team regardless how they do, because NOT supporting them is just downright self-defeating and dumb considering where that got us all about 16 years ago :-).

That said however I do believe that Dustin Byfuglien either needs to moved up or out .... up to the Wing or traded away asap. It appears to me that without the help of Mr. B. it could be possible that the Jets could have won all their games on this road-trip - at least especially the one oat night in NJ. When he coughs up the puck or gets caught out of position it's hideous.

I am with those who couldn't understand why Noel was all over Kane but leaves Byfuglien alone (?). I don't get it.

Old
11-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
It would be interesting to know if there are any other forwards in the entire NHL with the amount of ice time those two slugs have gotten that have not scored a goal. I would hazard to guess Little and Wheeler lead the NHL in forwards with the most ice-time who have not recorded a goal.
29 forwards have average icetime above 20 minutes a game. Other than Little nobody has less than 7 points or no goals.

Of the top 130 forwards in ice time per game only 5 have 0 goals. Little (27th in icetime), Carter (35), Vermette (52), McDonald (60), Wheeler (108). Of note, Carter has only played 5 games and McDonald 3. Other the guys who missed time in Carter and McDonald, only Little and Zetterberg have have less than 5 points among the top 60 in icetime.

Old
11-06-2011, 03:19 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

I predict we will have our worst game of the road trip from an effort perspective and a results pespective. we haven't laid and egg in a while plus Pavs is due for a mortal efffort. I have a fatigue game vibe I can't shake.

I hope I am wrong

ah the joy of being pessimistic about one's home team......more often than not you're right and when you are wrong you are happy

Old
11-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickM View Post

I am with those who couldn't understand why Noel was all over Kane but leaves Byfuglien alone (?). I don't get it.
Byfuglien is a veteran and Stanley Cup Champion. It might not be entirely fair but that buys you time.

Also, Kane is young enough that he is still forming habits he will carry with him forward in his career. Noel was (I'm guessing) trying to teach him the right way to go about things.

Old
11-06-2011, 03:41 PM
PostmanPat1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickM View Post
I am a person who believes strongly that Jets fans should be supportive of the team regardless how they do, because NOT supporting them is just downright self-defeating and dumb considering where that got us all about 16 years ago :-).

That said however I do believe that Dustin Byfuglien either needs to moved up or out .... up to the Wing or traded away asap. It appears to me that without the help of Mr. B. it could be possible that the Jets could have won all their games on this road-trip - at least especially the one oat night in NJ. When he coughs up the puck or gets caught out of position it's hideous.

If you can't understand why Kane was subjected to scorn from management and coaching because of on-ice play, then maybe it wasn't because of his on-ice play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post

To put things in perspective. Scheifele has more goals than Little and Wheeler combined and has been in Barrie for the past 6 games.

Even more telling is former Manitoba Moose player Mark Flood who in 2 NHL games has more goals than both Little and Wheeler and only trails Little in points by 1 despite playing just 2 games compared to Little's 13.
Little and Wheeler aren't bad players, the fact that they haven't produced offence should in my mind be viewed as an abberation. I'm convinced that both will still finish with point totals similar to last season. It isn't as if they're suddenly being played in a system where they aren't put into positions to score or anything.

Old
11-06-2011, 03:44 PM
MadMen88

Tonight would be a great night for either Wheeler or Little to break out with some goals. From the sounds of it, some are expecting Pavelec to have an off night. Who knows? I'm just saying (if it does happen) it would be nice to have some guys step up and get some goals to help him and the team out. Wheeler and Little...it would be a breathe of fresh air to see them pot a few.

Old
11-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmanPat1919 View Post
If you can't understand why Kane was subjected to scorn from management and coaching because of on-ice play, then maybe it wasn't because of his on-ice play.

Little and Wheeler aren't bad players, the fact that they haven't produced offence should in my mind be viewed as an abberation. I'm convinced that both will still finish with point totals similar to last season. It isn't as if they're suddenly being played in a system where they aren't put into positions to score or anything.
We are approaching 1/5th of the season done already. Neither have scored. This is very concerning.

Old
11-06-2011, 03:51 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
29 forwards have average icetime above 20 minutes a game. Other than Little nobody has less than 7 points or no goals.

Of the top 130 forwards in ice time per game only 5 have 0 goals. Little (27th in icetime), Carter (35), Vermette (52), McDonald (60), Wheeler (108). Of note, Carter has only played 5 games and McDonald 3. Other the guys who missed time in Carter and McDonald, only Little and Zetterberg have have less than 5 points among the top 60 in icetime.
Thanks for the research.

It is starting to be concerning in regards to the lack of offensive output from little and Wheeler.

Maybe tonight is breakout night for both of them.

Old
11-06-2011, 03:52 PM
MadMen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
We are approaching 1/5th of the season done already. Neither have scored. This is very concerning.

Absolutley.

But not undoable in the sense that neither can bounce out in abrupt and sudden fashion. I don't know if this team can move too far above .500 without either of these guys stepping up in goals/points.

Old
11-06-2011, 03:58 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

one win in the next two would be spectacular....i'm betting they get one tonight...the rangers are beatable for sure.

hope antropov is back.

really hope little breaks out...

Old
11-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Rangerfans

Just a heads up guys, Marty Biron is in net tonight for the Rangers.

Here's to a safe game!!

Old
11-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift We Are View Post
When does the free preview of TSN JEts end?
I believe the free preview runs up until Decwmber 1st.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Old
11-06-2011, 04:26 PM
MadMen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I believe the free preview runs up until Decwmber 1st.
Yeah, with the last game being against Phoenix (added on due to that 1st period fiasco against Pittsburgh I think in which Wellwood scored 8 seconds in)...

BIIIIIIIIIRRRROOOON!

Closed Thread