HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ferriero to Worcester 11/6

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-07-2011, 09:05 PM
  #26
stalockrox
Registered User
 
stalockrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharks2010 View Post
The way I see it any solid player is an impact player.

I'm not trying to criticise, but which players exactly do you think are going to become regular NHLers? Like I said, Braun I can see, then 3 question marks and the rest range from unlikely to no chance in hell.
Then we see things very differently...

I think Braun is already a capable NHLer and he still has room to improve his game. He has a good shot at becoming a 2nd pairing d-man.

I think Nieto, Hamilton & Sgarbossa all have a very good chance at becoming regular NHLers. I think Sateri has #1 goalie upside and Stalock, if he completely recovers from his injury can be at least a back up goalie.

Viedensky, Petrecki & Doherty all have a chance to become regulars as well.

Another prospect that I expect to be an NHLer is Abeltshauser, but he, like Doherty, might take a few years to get there.

The Sharks don't have any blue chip prospects, but they do have quite a few prospects that could be bottom 6 / #4/5/6 defensemen.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 09:11 PM
  #27
Admiral*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
The Sharks don't have any blue chip prospects, but they do have quite a few prospects that could be bottom 6 / #4/5/6 defensemen.
The same could be said for literally every other team in the league. This isn't something to be proud of.

Admiral* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 09:14 PM
  #28
stalockrox
Registered User
 
stalockrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
The same could be said for literally every other team in the league. This isn't something to be proud of.
Actually, I think just about every other team in the league (except for Calgary) has at least 1 blue chip prospect. I don't remember saying I was proud, or that the Sharks have a good prospect pool. I just don't think it's as bas as most.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 09:34 PM
  #29
Admiral*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Actually, I think just about every other team in the league (except for Calgary) has at least 1 blue chip prospect. I don't remember saying I was proud, or that the Sharks have a good prospect pool. I just don't think it's as bas as most.
I only bolded your last sentence. How is a prospect pool that features only one potential top six player and maybe one or two potential top 4 defenseman not the worst in the NHL? Bottom six players and bottom pairing defenseman are a dime a dozen.

Admiral* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 09:38 PM
  #30
stalockrox
Registered User
 
stalockrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
I only bolded your last sentence. How is a prospect pool that features only one potential top six player and maybe one or two potential top 4 defenseman not the worst in the NHL? Bottom six players and bottom pairing defenseman are a dime a dozen.
Ok - I also never said it wasn't the worst in the NHL. I just don't think the prospects that the Sharks have are as bad as most Sharks fans here seem to think...not sure how else I can say it.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 12:21 AM
  #31
SharksFan1
Registered User
 
SharksFan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Nope, he has one NHL game to go...which is why a lot of us are wondering why it didn't happen after the east coast swing.
Just like they did with McGinn last year.

SharksFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.