HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ferriero to Worcester 11/6

Old
11-07-2011, 09:05 PM
stalockrox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharks2010 View Post
The way I see it any solid player is an impact player.

I'm not trying to criticise, but which players exactly do you think are going to become regular NHLers? Like I said, Braun I can see, then 3 question marks and the rest range from unlikely to no chance in hell.
Then we see things very differently...

I think Braun is already a capable NHLer and he still has room to improve his game. He has a good shot at becoming a 2nd pairing d-man.

I think Nieto, Hamilton & Sgarbossa all have a very good chance at becoming regular NHLers. I think Sateri has #1 goalie upside and Stalock, if he completely recovers from his injury can be at least a back up goalie.

Viedensky, Petrecki & Doherty all have a chance to become regulars as well.

Another prospect that I expect to be an NHLer is Abeltshauser, but he, like Doherty, might take a few years to get there.

The Sharks don't have any blue chip prospects, but they do have quite a few prospects that could be bottom 6 / #4/5/6 defensemen.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Admiral*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
The Sharks don't have any blue chip prospects, but they do have quite a few prospects that could be bottom 6 / #4/5/6 defensemen.
The same could be said for literally every other team in the league. This isn't something to be proud of.

Admiral* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 09:14 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
The same could be said for literally every other team in the league. This isn't something to be proud of.
Actually, I think just about every other team in the league (except for Calgary) has at least 1 blue chip prospect. I don't remember saying I was proud, or that the Sharks have a good prospect pool. I just don't think it's as bas as most.

Old
11-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Admiral*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Actually, I think just about every other team in the league (except for Calgary) has at least 1 blue chip prospect. I don't remember saying I was proud, or that the Sharks have a good prospect pool. I just don't think it's as bas as most.
I only bolded your last sentence. How is a prospect pool that features only one potential top six player and maybe one or two potential top 4 defenseman not the worst in the NHL? Bottom six players and bottom pairing defenseman are a dime a dozen.

Admiral* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 09:38 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
I only bolded your last sentence. How is a prospect pool that features only one potential top six player and maybe one or two potential top 4 defenseman not the worst in the NHL? Bottom six players and bottom pairing defenseman are a dime a dozen.
Ok - I also never said it wasn't the worst in the NHL. I just don't think the prospects that the Sharks have are as bad as most Sharks fans here seem to think...not sure how else I can say it.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:21 AM
SharksFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Nope, he has one NHL game to go...which is why a lot of us are wondering why it didn't happen after the east coast swing.
Just like they did with McGinn last year.

SharksFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote