HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm - La

Old
11-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Vdhawan89
Connor McMagic

vCash: 500
I wouldnt do Omark for Penner, but I wouldnt mind getting Penner for a third or something.

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
If the deal went down and actually included Brule I would piss my pants laughing. Maybe this will be Bettman/the NHL's ruling on the previous grievance.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be completely opposed to acquiring Penz if its for a 2nd rder or less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 View Post
I wouldnt do Omark for Penner, but I wouldnt mind getting Penner for a third or something.
Penner sucks but there is literally no chance that the Kings would move him for deals like this.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:53 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
ty kingfan24 i like to see another fan agree with me There is more to this game then just scoring.
True, and I like that he has stood up for his teammates as well, but that isn't what we traded Teubert and a first for. Clifford and Westgarth can do that just fine. The Kings needed Penner to be a top six force. Thirteen shots on goal and one assist so far this season is NOT what the Kings were hoping for. Only Trevor Lewis and Alec Martinez have less points this season than he does. Penner has as many points as offensive dynamos like Kevin Westgarth, Ethan Moreau, and Trent Hunter.

C'mon, Dustin. Put the puck in the net.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 08:40 AM
rick3652

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam83 View Post
To

Dustin Penner

To

Linus Omark/Gilbert Brule
2012 3rd round pick

Gives room for Loktionov and frees up a lot of cap space for the Kings who get rid of a struggling Penner who doesn't seem to fit on their team. Only on a 1 year contract and Edmonton has a lot of cap space, worth the risk to see if Penner can pick up his game playing with Horcoff and Smyth in a city where he's had success before.

We promise Omark is healthy
Not sure where it gives room for Loktionov? it has been talked about for months that Loktionov can not play anywhere except Center.

rick3652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 10:37 AM
CupofOil
Bob The Builder

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
Paajarvi-Belanger-Gagner
Jones/Eager-Lander-Petrell

Besides the fact that DL and Tambo will not be trading with each other anytime soon, where does Penner fit into that lineup? What does this trade do for L.A.?

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Tarpit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam83 View Post
To

Dustin Penner

To

Linus Omark/Gilbert Brule
2012 3rd round pick

Gives room for Loktionov and frees up a lot of cap space for the Kings who get rid of a struggling Penner who doesn't seem to fit on their team. Only on a 1 year contract and Edmonton has a lot of cap space, worth the risk to see if Penner can pick up his game playing with Horcoff and Smyth in a city where he's had success before.

We promise Omark is healthy
For this trade to happen Brule would have to go through waivers and some team will pick him up at half his salary before he get's to LA.

Personally wouldn't like to have Penner and his spare tire playing with this young team, Penner has bad habits that you wouldn't want to rub-off on you young players.

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 02:38 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpit View Post
For this trade to happen Brule would have to go through waivers and some team will pick him up at half his salary before he get's to LA.

Personally wouldn't like to have Penner and his spare tire playing with this young team, Penner has bad habits that you wouldn't want to rub-off on you young players.
Can Brule even be traded at this point? Isn't he still dealing with the "issues" that prevented his trade in the Smyth deal?

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Tarpit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Can Brule even be traded at this point? Isn't he still dealing with the "issues" that prevented his trade in the Smyth deal?
Well he played through the pre-season and has been playing down in the AHL and hasn't been doing bad. I think those issues were blown out of proportion, and you wouldn't know he had any by his play in OKC. He couldn't have been place on waivers if he still had medical issues.

Old
11-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Nug2hall2ebs

After the whole smitty/Fraser thing I don't think there gona be answering eachothers calls for a while haha

Nug2hall2ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 10:47 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Thanks but no thanks. If Edmonton is going to take on more salary I surely hope it'll be for a defenseman.

I'm not saying we're set up front... but when Hemsky comes back we're going to be in a tough situation already.

The Smyth-Horcoff-Jones line works... but you'd think that Hemsky would manage to push Jones down the depth chart.

Now the big question would be can Jones push Gagner further down the chart or would Jones slip down to the 4th line and nudge out one of those dudes? Not even lander would be safe, because Petrell can play center. Both Petrell and Jones can play both wings.... it's messy enough with Hemsky coming back.

Throwing Penner into the mix is just mind boggling. No thanks.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpit View Post
Well he played through the pre-season and has been playing down in the AHL and hasn't been doing bad. I think those issues were blown out of proportion, and you wouldn't know he had any by his play in OKC. He couldn't have been place on waivers if he still had medical issues.
At least he's playing. Fraser on the otherhand is STILL hurt.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Tarpit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
At least he's playing. Fraser on the otherhand is STILL hurt.
Fraser has been cleared to play for some time now.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/10/12...r-opportunity/

It seems Lombardi has found a loop hole to keep him off the active roaster, but it would seem he's been ready for almost a month.

Old
11-08-2011, 01:27 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
Paajarvi-Belanger-Gagner
Jones/Eager-Lander-Petrell

Besides the fact that DL and Tambo will not be trading with each other anytime soon, where does Penner fit into that lineup? What does this trade do for L.A.?
Hall - RNH - Eberle
Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky
Penner - Gagner - Paajarvi
Eager - Belanger - Jones

Paajarvi is a left handed shooter, I recall Paajarvi getting a hat-trick playing on the right side last season, Penner was the other winger on that line as well.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 02:43 AM
MessierII

If we wanted Penner we will sign him July 1st for free.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 02:44 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
If we wanted Penner we will sign him July 1st for free.
And you don't.

xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote