HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Them All Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2011, 08:44 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
Second time I've seen this referenced...what did bass say? what exactly happened? I missed the debacle last night beyond just some score updates.
As Bass came off the ice after his fight, he could be seen yelling at the top of his lungs toward the bench. He made the turn onto the walkway to the locker room, shoved Aaron Johnson, and went into the tunnel.

Old
11-06-2011, 08:47 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Thanks Sprague. Nice to see someone is still alive inside.

I would like to think there's a board room somewhere tomorrow morning where someone will show the same kind of emotion about this team...

Old
11-07-2011, 12:01 AM
FANonymous

Quote:
Thanks Sprague. Nice to see someone is still alive inside.

I would like to think there's a board room somewhere tomorrow morning where someone will show the same kind of emotion about this team...
Just tell me when and where and I'll go do it. I'm free all tomorrow.

Old
11-07-2011, 11:47 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Hitch has the advantage of already being on the payroll, for sure. Frankly, I don't care who it is, just so long as it's someone else come this time tomorrow, and preferably, the entire front office that put us in this situation.
Well, the CBJ got ya dude. Just one short year ago, you were an absolute Mary Sunshine. Now, you just want someone else come this time tomorrow, and preferably, the entire front office that put us in this situation.

Don't feel bad, almost everyone here was once a part of the sunshine patrol, except Timeless Winter Then the CBJ beat the positivity out of them.

They are a bunch of grinders; they grind away at their supporters.

Old
11-07-2011, 01:50 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Well, the CBJ got ya dude. Just one short year ago, you were an absolute Mary Sunshine. Now, you just want someone else come this time tomorrow, and preferably, the entire front office that put us in this situation.

Don't feel bad, almost everyone here was once a part of the sunshine patrol, except Timeless Winter Then the CBJ beat the positivity out of them.

It's sickening.

I can take bad hockey, especially if it's at the beginning of learning a new system. This is beyond bad. This is passionless. I cannot for the life of me figure out what's changed since preseason, or even early in the season. This is the only hockey team I've ever known to completely fall apart for tens of games at a time. It's baffling. It's so bad right now I can't even suggest a way to fix it. I don't think we have all the wrong players, nor do I think it's just 'injuries', Arniel or whatever. There's just a complete lack of calming influence or confidence in what we're doing as an organization from player to president. We quite literally **** the bed around here when things go bad. This organization needs direction, and a fresh face to deliver it.

In general, I think sports fans are too quick to want people fired, blow up the team, etc, when sometimes it takes time. But to be a laughingstock of the league, at a crucial time in this franchise's history....well, it's unacceptable. Failure cannot be an option here. The inaction so far is maddening.

Old
11-07-2011, 01:56 PM
AngryWorm

Quote:
but someone capable of an 'attitude adjustment'.
John Cena!

Seriously, it's frustrating to just sit back and wait and see what happens. I feel as if this season is already over. I'll still keep watching/cheering, but it's not going to be a fun season

Old
11-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Vengence View Post
John Cena!

I feel as if this season is already over.
Barring a major miracle, the season is over.

Old
11-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Crisp Breakout

It's great to see someone get riled up about it, but we need a higher profile guy to set them straight. There was a lot of talk that the Lions defense saw great improvement due to Kyle Vanden Bosch coming in and setting a new standard of work ethic and professionalism. I hate to suggest spending assets to get an aging guy, but I'm starting to think that it will make a significant difference in the player development to be worth it.

Picking up someone like Iginla or Morrow could have a huge effect on the team. Or landing a goalie like Rask. I think more thought needs to go into personality in player selection...

Old
11-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/st...40480712962048
Quote:
It is my understanding Scott Arniel will be behind bench for CBJ on Thursday and GM Scott Howson will remain in place as well. After that?

http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/st...41036495990784
Quote:
Obviously, another game like Sat's in PHI and all bets are off, but it appears to me no changes imminent, other than Howson talking trade.

Old
11-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 857
Quote:
It's sickening.

I can take bad hockey, especially if it's at the beginning of learning a new system. This is beyond bad. This is passionless. I cannot for the life of me figure out what's changed since preseason, or even early in the season. This is the only hockey team I've ever known to completely fall apart for tens of games at a time. It's baffling. It's so bad right now I can't even suggest a way to fix it. I don't think we have all the wrong players, nor do I think it's just 'injuries', Arniel or whatever. There's just a complete lack of calming influence or confidence in what we're doing as an organization from player to president. We quite literally **** the bed around here when things go bad. This organization needs direction, and a fresh face to deliver it.

In general, I think sports fans are too quick to want people fired, blow up the team, etc, when sometimes it takes time. But to be a laughingstock of the league, at a crucial time in this franchise's history....well, it's unacceptable. Failure cannot be an option here. The inaction so far is maddening.
A very good assessment. The fans have passion because we are fanatics, we pay good money and want to see some passion on the ice. Thus far what we have seen is passion-less hockey. Fans want to blow things up because they are passionate about winning. It seems as if the guys on the team wanted to get paid. Well, they paid, they got their contracts, but in the end we are getting the results. A novel approach would be to make them earn their contract and then paying them when the results are there. Is it any wonder why guys perform better in their "free agent" year? No wonder fans want to blow it up, because they are not seeing the well paid "professional" put forth the passion on the ice. It is one thing for a player to say "it is tearing me up inside". Well, I am from Missouri so show me that it is tearing you up inside by giving me the effort and passion

Old
11-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post

I think it is we fans who are the grinders. We will support this team through the good times (those have been few and far between) and the bad times (the norm for the CBJ). But you are right, leek, these guys have made it a science in trying to grind away the support they already have.

Old
11-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Matt Foley
Hey Ryan

Figures. I guess those two goals the Jackets scored in the third period Saturday night were enough for Priest to give the two Scotts one last chance.

Old
11-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Scotts one last chance.
I was scared when I read this. Too similar.

Old
11-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Matt Foley
Hey Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
I was scared when I read this. Too similar.

Aye-yi-yi...

Old
11-07-2011, 03:15 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 543
I simply can't fathom that Scott Howson is still employed by the CBJ. Disgusted.

Old
11-07-2011, 03:36 PM
CBJRedman

I fully believe the problem is the Country Club atmosphere. I've had always heard that is was like that. I have heard from someone in the organization that players require multiple jerseys for a single game. Why, because they are sweaty. Same goes for skates. Some players need two pairs of skates, because the first pair is to sweaty. The team, has to then dry the first pair, while the player wears the second. Then change them out for the third period. When I asked if this happens on other team, the answer I got was **** no! On other teams, it is an privilege to wear a teams jersey. Not so much here. Just like a country club, Yes Mr. Nash, Yes Mr. Tyutin.
The question then becomes who is responsible for this behavior? It comes from the top Ownership, and GM. It won't change until GM steps up and says no. I believe it also goes one step further, Rick Nash needs to step up and say no. Tell the other player, no, wear you jersey with pride. If it is sweaty, good you are working hard then. Until then, we will get players who know they can come here and collect a paycheck, and have the summers off. Is it any wonder when trying to convince a player to come here, one of the first things they talk about is the great golf courses?

Old
11-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJRedman View Post
I fully believe the problem is the Country Club atmosphere. I've had always heard that is was like that. I have heard from someone in the organization that players require multiple jerseys for a single game. Why, because they are sweaty. Same goes for skates. Some players need two pairs of skates, because the first pair is to sweaty. The team, has to then dry the first pair, while the player wears the second. Then change them out for the third period. When I asked if this happens on other team, the answer I got was **** no! On other teams, it is an privilege to wear a teams jersey. Not so much here. Just like a country club, Yes Mr. Nash, Yes Mr. Tyutin.
The question then becomes who is responsible for this behavior? It comes from the top Ownership, and GM. It won't change until GM steps up and says no. I believe it also goes one step further, Rick Nash needs to step up and say no. Tell the other player, no, wear you jersey with pride. If it is sweaty, good you are working hard then. Until then, we will get players who know they can come here and collect a paycheck, and have the summers off. Is it any wonder when trying to convince a player to come here, one of the first things they talk about is the great golf courses?
I think you're misinformed. That happens with plenty of other teams. Many players sharpen skates between periods, switch out gloves regularly, change sticks in the game, etc. etc....

Old
11-07-2011, 04:02 PM
blahblah

If you think it's the Country Club atmosphere, then maybe you find a sacrificial lamb in the leadership group and trade them.

This could, very well, be the most effective with RJ.

Let the team know, you are next and just run down the list. Nash, Vermette, Tyutin, etc. Maybe after a couple of guys hit the road, the players will become very uncomfortable.

Brassard should go anyway, but that has little to do the CBJ Country Club.

If we are going to keep tweedle dee and tweedle dum they might as well start sending some strong messages and turn over this roster until they down to the Prospal types.

I'm not sure Arniel can work with this veteran group anymore anyway.

Old
11-07-2011, 04:14 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
I think you're misinformed. That happens with plenty of other teams. Many players sharpen skates between periods, switch out gloves regularly, change sticks in the game, etc. etc....
Yes, that's right. Redman, your premise is correct, but you lost me on the example.

Old
11-07-2011, 04:18 PM
CBJRedman

I understand sharping skates, but to have two sets of skates. One for the first period, one for the second, while the first one is dried. Then switch again to the first pair. Having three jerseys, one for each period. Thats all

Old
11-07-2011, 04:44 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
I understand sharping skates, but to have two sets of skates. One for the first period, one for the second, while the first one is dried. Then switch again to the first pair. Having three jerseys, one for each period. Thats all
It's pro sports. They don't even have to put a dollar in the locker room soda machine. (Moneyball reference). Besides. the game worn stuff is, at the very least, a break-even venture. Hell, it may even be a profit center for the club. But I still think your basic premise was on the money.

Old
11-07-2011, 04:51 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Guys, the jersey thing happens with various players throughout the NHL. It is not unique to the CBJ (and it is only a handful of players). Someone doesn't know what they're talking about.

here's an example jersey report from meigray.com from a cup finals game last season:

Quote:
The Bruins broke out their Stanley Cup Final White Set 1 jerseys Wednesday night in Game 1 of the Finals, a 1-0 loss to the Canucks in Vancouver.

Working with the Bruins' equipment staff after the game, I authenticated the Game 1 jerseys.

Some interesting notes for the series:

Six Bruins, Patrice Bergeron, Johnny Boychuk, Zdeno Chara, Nathan Horton, Dennis Seidenberg and Tim Thomas, are wearing two jerseys in each game.

In Game 1, Seidenberg wore White Finals Set 1 in period 1, White Finals Set 2 in period 2, and White Finals Set 1 in period three.

The other five players changed into White Finals Set 2 in the third period.

It means that these six players will be wearing their Set 1 jerseys throughout the series, no matter how long the series goes.

Did not get a great look at all the shirts after Game 1, but did notice nice ad paint/burns on Lucic's jersey, blood on Chara's Set 1 (from high stick from Sedin), and puck marks on Thomas' Set 1 from Canucks' first two periods.

More after Game 2.

Thanks, Barry

Old
11-07-2011, 04:52 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
It's pro sports. They don't even have to put a dollar in the locker room soda machine. (Moneyball reference). Besides. the game worn stuff is, at the very least, a break-even venture. Hell, it may even be a profit center for the club. But I still think your basic premise was on the money.
Funds from CBJ game worn sales go to the CBJ foundation and the occasional NHL.com charity auction.

Old
11-07-2011, 05:16 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Funds from CBJ game worn sales go to the CBJ foundation and the occasional NHL.com charity auction.
Thanks for correcting me on that. You're right.

Old
11-07-2011, 05:48 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

I say fire Both, Arniel is a good coach, its just Columbus wasn't a good fit and I think if you go for a replacement, go for a coach thats good at developing prospects, but really Coaching isn't the issue, its just Mason is overrated, I think if Columbus started right they would be in 5th as of today, they just had a tough start.

As for Howson, hes terrible, the Carter trade was bad, Carter shouldn't of even left Philly, he makes bad trades, and I think he should be fired.

Closed Thread