HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Easton se16

Old
11-06-2011, 03:50 PM
puckmover

vCash: 500
Easton se16

what stick is the similar to se16,

from what i understand the eq 50 is its replacement,

but to be honest it feels nothing like the se16,

curious what you think?

thanks

recently picked up a se16 and love it, but alot of the stores here are outta stock.

puckmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:05 PM
AIREAYE

What are you looking for in terms of similarity? Puck feel? Shaft dimensions? Weight?

The EQ50 is the successor to the SE16 but it hasn't been received as well. Have you taken a look at the predecessor to the SE16, the Synergy Elite? I find the two to be quite similar in terms of 'feel'.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:16 PM
puckmover

im looking for same feel, shaft dimension,

basically if your a fan of the se 16 what is the closest stick,

synergy elite is gone now, there fazing them out just like the se16,

its strange cause i still see nhl players using them. maybe it will make a come back.

Old
11-06-2011, 04:23 PM
AIREAYE

You won't see NHL players using the Synergy Elite because it's an older stick and even those who do use them under a current model paint job (EQ50 for example).

Go to Hockey Experts Dixie, we have a bunch of SE16 shafts and blades; the combo is essentially the same as the one-piece since the one-piece is also a fused shaft + blade. That would be your best bet. We also have some Synergy Elites left but it depends on what curve/flex you want.

Other than that, feel is to each his own; go pick up a few sticks and see. Might want to continue with the Easton ST or CNT as well.

Old
11-06-2011, 04:36 PM
puckmover

sorry i meant to say iI still see nhl players using se16,

and I think its low kick point , puck control, and shaft feel

yeah i know picky picky picky,

I hate when you like a stick and then they change it up ,

im looking for a 87 left Zetterberg,

do you work for hockey experts?

i'll check it out

Old
11-06-2011, 04:42 PM
AIREAYE

Yeah bud, and no worries, I completely understand what you mean by being picky LOL; it's a gear-***** thing.

We definitely have 85 flex SE16 shafts in stock, as for the Zetterberg pattern; I'm unsure but call ahead and ask. If you buy the shaft, the blade is 1/2 price too! -Shameless advertising-

If you're not keen on the 2 piece combo (I'm willing to bet a week's pay that you won't be able to tell the difference :p) then take a look at Stealth or Warrior Dolomite as well. The Savard/Fedorov curve would be the one to look for.

Old
11-06-2011, 07:55 PM
puckmover

i have no problems getting a 2 piece,i think the se 16 is a 2 piece anyway,
i plan to call,

but if your there this week,
check out if the have the se 16 shaft 85 flex, and a se zetterburgh left blade, or if you can order one in,

i like the tapered blade if im doing this,

aprox let me know how much the shaft will be and blade,

Old
11-06-2011, 08:09 PM
AIREAYE

I'd appreciate a please and thank you.

I don't remember prices off the top of my head, but will be in next Sunday; so if you wouldn't mind waiting for me, I can help you out. But if you want this now, then any of our guys would definitely be able to get what you need.

Old
11-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
I'd appreciate a please and thank you.
Oh, you canucks.

Baggy Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 07:07 AM
puckmover

sorry man,

didnt want to come across being rude,

im thankfull for all your advice,

guess i should have said thanks for your help in the last reply,

again thanks so much for your help,

just frustrating when the stick i like get discontinued

Old
11-07-2011, 08:38 AM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggy Spandex View Post
Oh, you canucks.
What, I don't get it; it's cause we're too polite isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckmover View Post
sorry man,

didnt want to come across being rude,

im thankfull for all your advice,

guess i should have said thanks for your help in the last reply,

again thanks so much for your help,

just frustrating when the stick i like get discontinued
No worries dude, it seems like you're going to find what you've been looking for though

Old
11-07-2011, 12:16 PM
puckmover

just to keep this debate going,

if i wasn't keen on the 2 piece,

what would be the closest stick compared to se 16?

for me so far im leaning towards to warrior dolomight, but there fazing them out aswell, but to me the puck control feels the same, so i guess the warrior dynasty would be replacing dolomight?

thanks in advance.

Old
11-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yes the Dynasty/Dolomite would be pretty close.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 08:53 PM
puckmover

thanks for all the feedback,

so a similar stick would be the dolomite/dynasty and to check out the easton st,

are these the best options in terms of one piece stick that is comparable to se16?

Old
11-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Stickmata

BTW, I'm an SE16 lover and I tried out the EQ50. I think it's a great stick, particularly for a better player, but it definately does not have the same feel as the SE16. I think the weight is similar, but the distribution and feel is very different. I think the EQ50 is a better shooting stick but lacks the feel of the SE16. I can really feel the puck with my SE, not so much the EQ.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I would think Dynasty/Dolomite would be closest. The ST is a heavier stick and more durable but it's not going to have the same kick and pop. Frankly to me it's overpriced for the weight. $125 US instead of $150-160 would be better. It's a mid-line stick IMO.

Old
11-08-2011, 11:44 AM
puckmover

thanks for the feed back,

i think the dolomite runs 150 here in canada,

now heres the thing, im coming from easton zetterburgh to a warrior savard, if this is the best option?

ones heel curve fairly straight(easton)
and other is mid curve fairly straight (warrior)

will this mess me up? stick handling and shot,

also i think the easton is 5.5 lie so i'll need a savard 5

Old
11-08-2011, 12:03 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

If its the boxy feel of the shaft you like, you can try an Sherwood T90. Very decent stick that runs at 130 $.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

You'll want the Savard 4 lie. It's pretty much the exact same curve. Warrior lies are rated differently but it's the same as Easton's Zetterberg which is a 5 lie.

I don't like the T90 at all but I'm the only one. I think it's heavy and overpriced. There's a sticker on the blade that makes it look like it's got a 12k wrap...ugh.

Old
11-08-2011, 12:19 PM
puckmover

agree not sold on sher-wood, but not counting them out,

its just when i tried the dolomite out it had a close puck feel to the se 16,

thanks for the lie help on the warrior,

plus i do find them heavy compared to other sticks,

its funny cause all this debate would have been avoided if easton still made se 16,

why change what works..

Old
01-31-2012, 09:13 PM
Hockeymac18
Rookie User

Looking for something similar to the SE16, also...

Quote:
You won't see NHL players using the Synergy Elite because it's an older stick and even those who do use them under a current model paint job (EQ50 for example).

Go to Hockey Experts Dixie, we have a bunch of SE16 shafts and blades; the combo is essentially the same as the one-piece since the one-piece is also a fused shaft + blade. That would be your best bet. We also have some Synergy Elites left but it depends on what curve/flex you want.

Other than that, feel is to each his own; go pick up a few sticks and see. Might want to continue with the Easton ST or CNT as well.
I hate to bring this thread back from the dead, but I am in a similar situation (looking for something similar to the SE16). I had bought about 5 SE16's 1 1/2 years ago, and they've lasted me to this point...so now I need to find something else.

I have tried the EQ50, and I just can't seem to get used to it. It just feels "different," and heavier. I guess it's more of a shooters stick. I've certainly lost some of my quickness in stick-handling (which is pretty key to my style of play). I've tried messing with the weights; but really, it just always feels "off" and heavier. Also, they break just as fast (if not faster), than the SE16's. I wouldn't mind it if I actually liked the sticks. I really am perplexed why Easton messed with such an awesome stick design...the "balance" was perfect before!

Anyway, I've been scouring the internet for SE16's (one-piece sticks or shaft + blade combos), but it doesn't look like any online stores have any left. Ebay doesn't seem to have much, either. If I lived near Mississauga, I'd be at Hockey Experts in a second...but I'm in CA. Do you guys ship? I would glady place an order with you guys if I could get what I want (probably a 2 piece solution, since I'm guessing 1 piece sticks are all but gone at this point).

I've also tried out the Warrior Dolomite and find it's pretty similar to the SE16. It's still a bit different...I think it has to do with the shaft feel (the Warrior feels more rounded, perhaps?). Is there a warrior stick that is a closer approximation to the SE16? How do the Dynasty and Dolomite differ? Is there another stick (from any brand) that would be better/more similar to the SE16?

Sorry for all of the questions. I have used Easton since 2001, and as a result know nothing about competitor's sticks on the market. And, this is the first time I've ever been disappointed with Easton sticks. The EQ50 really does feel like a step backwards to me...

I know some other will think it's close enough...but I really am super picky. I'm one of those guys that re-tapes his butt end until it "feels" just right. Maybe it's all in my head, but I really am pretty desperate to find something that works for me. Easton sticks took me from High school, through junior hockey, college hockey, and now through pro inline...unfortunately, we don't quite have the NHL agreements with Easton where we can just order some SE16's painted as EQ50's (I would love to know if this is possible outside of NHL players, though...).

Would appreciate any feedback! (thanks in advance).

Hockeymac18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:56 PM
shawn1331

Well I know for a fact the National Sport at the 5 points mall in Oshawa has about 40 Synergy Elites for like $229.99 on clearance. But its quite a drive for a hockey stick for you.

shawn1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:29 PM
AIREAYE

Hockeymac, first of all, thanks for using an old thread, it gets less cluttered this way!

Second of all, we do ship, but I'm not sure to California. Check out our main site to be sure though : http://www.sportchek.ca/home/index.jsp

Thirdly, good news! There's a new Easton stick (series) called the Mako coming out in late spring that's replacing the EQ line. I've heard from several professional sources that the feel of the Mako is comparable to a lighter version of the SE16. If you can wait, please do. If you can't, there's always pro stock, but just make sure it's an SE16, painted or otherwise.

Old
01-31-2012, 11:31 PM
r3cc0s

Quote:
Hockeymac, first of all, thanks for using an old thread, it gets less cluttered this way!

Second of all, we do ship, but I'm not sure to California. Check out our main site to be sure though : http://www.sportchek.ca/home/index.jsp

Thirdly, good news! There's a new Easton stick (series) called the Mako coming out in late spring that's replacing the EQ line. I've heard from several professional sources that the feel of the Mako is comparable to a lighter version of the SE16. If you can wait, please do. If you can't, there's always pro stock, but just make sure it's an SE16, painted or otherwise.
The synergy has been very good for a long time.. Since the first orange ones

IMO the synergy elite was as good as they've ever been....
They've really only changed the blades to accommodate slight variances of the same thing...
That being said, st all the way

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:24 AM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I don't like the T90 at all but I'm the only one. I think it's heavy and overpriced. There's a sticker on the blade that makes it look like it's got a 12k wrap...ugh.
I used to be a bring proponent of the T90 until I picked up an X60, or a Total One. Now the T90 feels like a tank with almost no feel. I still think it is alright for the price point, but I won't be getting another one.

I'd be interested to see what people think about the N12. As it is very light and has a good feel in hand from what I could tell when I picked it up in the store. Plus I think the price point is like $189 US.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote