HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isles-Columbus

Old
11-11-2011, 04:15 PM
luki here

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Take thier pick away and we through in Nabby and wishart and they might do it.......I think Brassard and Fedor are good fits here.....
yeeeesss! take their preccccccious piiiick! our preccccious....

you can always use picks to trade for people. Everyone needs picks.

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 04:55 PM
hb6947
Hooked Since '78

Keeping with the rumor from last night:

COB: Comeau and Nabokov

for

NYI:FedorTyutin.

hb6947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 05:21 PM
islesfan3991

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb6947 View Post

for

I was thinking the same thing (either Comeau or Bailey included). I think the Isles can talk Columbus into trading someone to them for much less then usual because of their goaltending situation.

islesfan3991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 05:25 PM
number72

Quote:

for

That's a fairer trade but I think Columbus wants a long term goal solution and nabby may not resign with them.

Also knowing snow if the team is not playoff bound, Tyutin and his salary is traded at the deadline for a second rounder (i.e. wysniewski).

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 09:22 PM
hb6947
Hooked Since '78

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
That's a fairer trade but I think Columbus wants a long term goal solution and nabby may not resign with them.

Also knowing snow if the team is not playoff bound, Tyutin and his salary is traded at the deadline for a second rounder (i.e. wysniewski).
True. Then I would Counter with

Comeau and Montoya

for

Tyutin

hb6947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 05:34 AM
LeapOnOver

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesNorway View Post
I actually think the first one could actually work

CBJ have a surplus of centers and the Isles need a 2nd line center bad. They also need a goalie which we have a surplus of.

However I doubt Nabby would waive his NTC for Columbus...
No way Brassard plays 2nd line over Nielsen. No way in hell.

LeapOnOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 11:32 AM
ziggy7716

Staple retweeted a tweet from a Jacket writer, their backup Mark Dekanich got hurt, so now they need goaltending help even more and that Nabokov is on their radar.

I also heard Brassard could be a healthy scratch again tonight. If Snow could somehow manage to get Tyutin and Brassard I would be soo happy.

Bailey and Nabokov for Tyutin and Brassard

We would prob have to add something else though.

ziggy7716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 11:42 AM
ziggy7716

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
No way Brassard plays 2nd line over Nielsen. No way in hell.
Have to disagree. Brassard is more offensively talented then Nielsen, and I really like Nielsen too. He is just more suited for a 3rd line role.

Old
11-12-2011, 11:46 AM
kpap57

Does nabakov have a ntc?

kpap57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 11:47 AM
seafoam
Nielsen, Frans

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpap57 View Post
Does nabakov have a ntc?
Yeah

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 11:54 AM
ziggy7716

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpap57 View Post
Does nabakov have a ntc?
Yea, which kind of sucks. Even though CBJ is worse then us, for him having the chance to be the number 1 goalie there with Mason sucking, may outweigh them being worse then us. Not to sure he is happy with the 3 man rotation, he just wants to play most of the games.

Old
11-12-2011, 01:55 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:

Comeau and Montoya

for

Tyutin
Potential 30 goal scorer and our best netminder for a high priced defenseman. OK.

(add: we trade the netminder who wants to be here and keep the older, wants out and welcomes a trade goalie? Why not trade them both and pick up a Biron/Doneham goalie to back Rick up again?)

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 02:06 PM
M Moulson Ale
Brockoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Potential 30 goal scorer and our best netminder for a high priced defenseman. OK.

(add: we trade the netminder who wants to be here and keep the older, wants out and welcomes a trade goalie? Why not trade them both and pick up a Biron/Doneham goalie to back Rick up again?)
Ummm. did we forget about El Nino? He can take Comeau's spot, and Comeau will probably never get 30 goals unless he is on the first line (which is never). He is too inconsistent.
While I agree with you that Nabokov is our best goalie, Montoya needs the chance to play. He has some skills to show. That is why he was drafted at 6th overall. He was never a bust. It was just that Hank was blocking his way from playing so his value went down the drain. I think Al is pretty solid.
If Nabokov doesn't want to be here then trade him. I really could care less with what they do with him. It's a win-win situation (depending on the trade i.e. Nabokov for a 7th would be crap )

M Moulson Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 02:24 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Moulson Ale View Post
Ummm. did we forget about El Nino? He can take Comeau's spot, and Comeau will probably never get 30 goals unless he is on the first line (which is never). He is too inconsistent.
While I agree with you that Nabokov is our best goalie, Montoya needs the chance to play. He has some skills to show. That is why he was drafted at 6th overall. He was never a bust. It was just that Hank was blocking his way from playing so his value went down the drain. I think Al is pretty solid.
If Nabokov doesn't want to be here then trade him. I really could care less with what they do with him. It's a win-win situation (depending on the trade i.e. Nabokov for a 7th would be crap )
24 goals with InvisiBailey centering and he's scored with Schremp and worse. Comeau will hit 30. I worry about him hitting opponents moreso. He'll get to thirty but will only be a success if he plays the rest of the game of hockey as well. (Czerkawski hit more)

Nino isn't ready. I hope he is, but if he's in the infancy of becoming a power forward, I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER BERTUZZI/ISBISTER scenario! So far, everyone is clamoring to see him brought up......I'm clamoring (with few others apparently) for him to be brought up RIGHT.

And I posted that Monty was our best netminder, as the poster before wanted to trade Monty and Comeau for Tyutin. We certainly agree on Monty being a more than solid goalie in the making. (I actually liked his homerun pass attempt to woo Rick fans as well - meaning his game is still evolving and surprising me, not that I want a puck distributor who can stop shots like Rick was thought to be)

If we're getting rid of our second best goalie for nothing to help us, we do it if we don't care about this season or we don't do it because we do care about this season. I don't want to mail it in. I want every move to count.

Old
11-12-2011, 02:46 PM
M Moulson Ale
Brockoli

Quote:
24 goals with InvisiBailey centering and he's scored with Schremp and worse. Comeau will hit 30. I worry about him hitting opponents moreso. He'll get to thirty but will only be a success if he plays the rest of the game of hockey as well. (Czerkawski hit more)

Nino isn't ready. I hope he is, but if he's in the infancy of becoming a power forward, I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER BERTUZZI/ISBISTER scenario! So far, everyone is clamoring to see him brought up......I'm clamoring (with few others apparently) for him to be brought up RIGHT.

And I posted that Monty was our best netminder, as the poster before wanted to trade Monty and Comeau for Tyutin. We certainly agree on Monty being a more than solid goalie in the making. (I actually liked his homerun pass attempt to woo Rick fans as well - meaning his game is still evolving and surprising me, not that I want a puck distributor who can stop shots like Rick was thought to be)

If we're getting rid of our second best goalie for nothing to help us, we do it if we don't care about this season or we don't do it because we do care about this season. I don't want to mail it in. I want every move to count.
I'm not sure who we would replace in the deal for Comeau, though. Bailey has little to no value. If anything, the second piece to this deal would have to come from the Bridge. So what I propose is this:
Nabokov
Katic
Bailey
and maybe another throw in like Klementyv

for

Tyutin
Third Round or fourth round pick

I think if Bailey were to be in the deal, there would need to be a D-prospect or two coming back the other way.
Then, we can bury Mottau in the minors to work on his game.
Actually, now that I think about it, this is where I might have wanted a player like Jack Hillen to come back and be a part of this deal....

M Moulson Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 03:06 PM
4straight

Islanders : nabby, nino, 2012 1st

Columbus : nash and tyutin

if columbus is going to start their rebuild, i would think theyd love somebody like nino and a first round pick. along with their goaltending being horrid this seems to help them.

from the islanders perspective, i really like nash, but thats a fan talking and you cant be a fan in this if your making even trades, but i think getting a quality goaltender, a very good nhl ready prospect and a potentially high first round pick next year would sound appealing to them. and hell they got wiz locked up for the next 6 years? he can step up and be their number 1 dman (pfft)

4straight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 03:08 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Moulson Ale View Post
I'm not sure who we would replace in the deal for Comeau, though. Bailey has little to no value. If anything, the second piece to this deal would have to come from the Bridge. So what I propose is this:
Nabokov
Katic
Bailey
and maybe another throw in like Klementyv

for

Tyutin
Third Round or fourth round pick

I think if Bailey were to be in the deal, there would need to be a D-prospect or two coming back the other way.
Then, we can bury Mottau in the minors to work on his game.
Actually, now that I think about it, this is where I might have wanted a player like Jack Hillen to come back and be a part of this deal....
Thinking immediate, short and long term.....do you think it's a wise move? I certainly do not. Factor in where we are and what can be done to remedy our current and future lineups/play, We are:

Losing a 3rd goalie who has some value but we do not need/want
Avoiding a potential fail with Bailey or giving up too soon
Throwing in two prospects for good measure

and receiving

A high priced defenseman with some skill

Short term it helps but doesn't fix us. Immediately it helps us but doesn't fix us. Long term it could haunt us.

Nabokov and Bailey for Tyutin? I can see. Your package (of players) should get us two NHL players back. Minimum. We've seen what Bailey can do and how he's still able when not scoring. A project? Yes, but with the right coaching and linemates and a solid playing environment I have no doubt he will be a solid 2nd line center in the future. Other teams can make it happen.

Well, why not fix it so OUR TEAM can do it for once?

Our team is the one that has zero ability historically (past decade and a half) or developing a power foreward. We just throw the kids to the wolves. We did it to Bailey as well.

So it'd anger me if we throw away Bailey in a trade and then turn around and bring up not-ready-for-prime-time Nino (I will call him Toddo Nuzzerbeister each day he stays up past game 9) just to make a deal that doesn't help us long term but could very well hurt us.

Just let the right deal come that helps immediately maybe, but short term certainly and most importantly long term.

Old
11-13-2011, 05:50 AM
Fist of Fury
Wang Chung

Niederreiter is not ready yet. We should just trade Comeau/Bailey+Nabokov for a top 4 dman and then claim Hagman from re-entry waivers.

Or maybe something like this, If the trade partner is Columbus...

Josh Bailey
Blake Comeau
Anton Klementyev
Evgeny Nabokov
NYI '12 2nd

for

Antoine Vermette/Derick Brassard
Derek Dorsett
Fedor Tyutin

Fist of Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 10:20 AM
redbull
springtime hockey!

Quote:

Comeau and Montoya

for

Tyutin
Tyutin is really good. He's their "Mark Streit" - they aren't going to deal him, no matter how bad or desparate Isles fans think they are.

I seriously doubt Columbus has any interest in Comeau or Montoya.

Last edited by redbull: 11-13-2011 at 03:33 PM.
redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:19 PM
luki here

Quote:
excitement about a prospect is understandable and a great benefit of the nhl prospect system. But nino has shown nothing at nhl level. Completely agree with oltimehockey here, we have to keep the pressure off nino here. He needs to earn his time, no presents. Pre-season he was so flat...even an off comeau brings more than that version of nino.

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:12 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post
excitement about a prospect is understandable and a great benefit of the nhl prospect system. But nino has shown nothing at nhl level. Completely agree with oltimehockey here, we have to keep the pressure off nino here. He needs to earn his time, no presents. Pre-season he was so flat...even an off comeau brings more than that version of nino.
I don't know what people see/saw......but I do understand what they want to see.

I just hope we are patient THIS TIME with a budding power forward. Part of me thinks Strome will be in the NHL before Nino if this were the Devs or DRW.

Old
11-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post
In the AHL he has 2 goals 1 assist and a +3 in 5 games

He has another 9 games to prove he belongs, I hope he takes the ball and runs with it. (does that make sense in Hockey??)

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote